March 28, 2024, 08:07:03 AM

Author Topic: Simoes lauds Soca Warriors.  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Simoes lauds Soca Warriors.
« on: November 20, 2005, 03:37:30 PM »
Rene Simoes lauds Soca Warriors.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Former  National Coach and Technical Director, Brazilian Rene Simoes has paid tribute to the “Soca Warriors”  on their qualification for the 2006 World Cup in Germany.
Simoes, who took charge of the team during the latter part of the 2002 campaign before leaving the job due to financial constraints of the Federation in 2002, said he was close to tears on witnessing Leo Beenhakker’s team defeat Bahrain 1-0 on television last Wednesday.
Speaking to TTFF Media on the day of the match in Manama, Simoes said he had all faith in the team being able to pull off the result.
“My friend, I told everybody that the Trinidad and Tobago team could reach the sky from the day I started to work in your country,” Simoes said. “And I still think the same way today.”
“The team must know that Bahrain is under pressure but we (T&T) must be calm. Remember in 1989 when the USA went to Port of Spain and won. Why can’t we do that now. Be strong and be believers and true warriors,” Simoes added on November 16 before kick off.
In a second conversation on Saturday, Simoes expressed his joy on seeing T&T complete the journey.
“You have done it and I felt so proud and happy after watching the game on television. I think Mr Warner and the entire team deserves everything now for what they have done. Every Caribbean player must be proud of this achievement and they should always have the chance to show what they can do on a world stage. The quality is great and it was such a great feeling to see a small country make it to the big stage and show its potential to the whole world. The great lesson out of this is that nothing is impossible when you believe in it and go for it,” Simoes told TTFF Media.
René Simoes is a well-travelled man. He had led Jamaica to the 1998 FIFA World Cup in France and was also head coach of the Brazil Women’s team which finished second to the USA at the 2004 Olympic Games.
On beating Greece 7-0 at the Games, Simoes, in a fifa.com article, stated how it should have been a learning experience for the Greeks.
“I said I had a similar experience when I coached Trinidad und Tobago. We played Brazil in the last game of the 2001 FIFA U-17 World Championship and lost 6-1. So I've been there. I said "Don't be angry with yourself, you were playing Brazil. It is difficult, but forge your own path and don't dwell on the past." There is no progress without defeat. We learned that with Jamaica over four years. During the first three years, we lost many many games. Everybody used to ask me "Are you crazy?". But if you don't know how to lose, you will never learn to win.”
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 07:50:20 PM by Flex »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Simoes lauds Soca Warriors
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 03:40:15 PM »
simoes thaks for givin us kenwyne boss
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 03:45:39 PM »
simoes thaks for givin us kenwyne boss

which kenwyne dat ?

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 03:49:22 PM »
Some men does just talk we had that team (under 17) together for two years before Simoes came and he made him play in defense he was always a midfielder 
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 03:57:52 PM »
wen d side was wit chiel he had julius as d captain

but julius use to always say chief nut in d country

simoes see a defeder in d man an i big  up simoes for developin d man as a player

TALK DUN
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Simoes lauds Soca Warriors.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 08:19:04 PM »
The professor really wanted towork with us, but we know the story.  He always said that we had the talent to reach there though.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 09:07:12 PM »
Simoes in the short time he was on board had we looking good.

They had a element of off the ball runs and support play.

However he also brought a kinda Bertille tactics that Ja used to use a 3-5-2 knock the ball around in the back and hit it long for the fwd to chase or trap and screen.

Simoes always wanted to take us to the World Cup and work with us but small ting.

Everything does work out for a reason and the best Fairy Tale of next years World Cup will be T+T.

From the players we have, the heartache we take and the coaches we pass tru. The size of the nation and the lil bit of money we spend on this side.

The  man upstairs real Bless we this rounds yes. Say thanks!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 07:43:50 AM »
   Thank you Mr. Simoes for your well wishes, you are and will always be a coach of class. Had we been able to keep you, you would have led us to Germany, but we still got there, thanks to Beenhakker but we must still pay tribute to you. You and Beenhakker in my eyes are the only coaches that I ever believed could have got us to Germany.

Best wishes to Mr. Simoes in his coaching and general life.

What a true coach and all-round friend he will always be to us and the T&T football team.   :angel:

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

1]; } ?>