April 27, 2024, 04:20:39 PM

Author Topic: Has anyone here ever actually attended a sr. WC of football?  (Read 6816 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Has anyone here ever actually attended a sr. WC of football?
« on: November 20, 2005, 06:30:23 PM »
How difficult was it to get tickets and what do u suggest to get them.

I talking to Trinis who seem to think that TT's games will not sell out....

Can anyone shed some light..I used the search engine..but couldn't find any useful info.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Has anyone here ever actually attended a sr. WC of football?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 06:45:06 PM »
I can tell you for a fact that tickets for WC06 will be sold out. FIFA cited the problems at WC02 and the German LOC were instructed to make selling out a priority. Every game will be a complete sell out on paper at least.

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 06:46:08 PM »
I attended the WC here in de states and some amtches had plenty tickets available...but dat was WC in de states eh.  so me eh know about games in Germany which ahs a great footballing culture.

But my guess would be..dat T&t games would have available tickets....unless we playing Germany!

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 06:51:39 PM »
The ticketing process was overhauled for Germany. The lottery system allowed for a more equitable process. It also reduces the likelihood of scalping in that you have to provide ID along with the ticket. Each ticket requires some sort of ID (passport/licence/etc) when I purchased mine (I applied for my brother and pardner as well).

A website will be released in January allowing ppl to acquire tickets from those willing to sell or exchange. There is a 10US/Euro (not sure what the denomination is) to tranfer a ticket to somebody. So ppl might be able to grab some there.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 06:52:53 PM »
The ticketing process was overhauled for Germany. The lottery system allowed for a more equitable process. It also reduces the likelihood of scalping in that you have to provide ID along with the ticket. Each ticket requires some sort of ID (passport/licence/etc) when I purchased mine (I applied for my brother and pardner as well).

A website will be released in January allowing ppl to acquire tickets from those willing to sell or exchange. There is a 10US/Euro (not sure what the denomination is) to tranfer a ticket to somebody. So ppl might be able to grab some there.

Monty... we hadda have a committee meeting soon
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 06:53:59 PM »
I attended a world cup game when i was in the states with meh father. I was young but we went to a quarter final game. I think it was bulgaria vs germany. We actually brought tickets for the match at the match venue from a guy. I forget how much he paid but it was around 60US each

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 06:54:32 PM »
I want to know how de ass a TT vs. Australia or
TT vs. Iran game go sell out, unless the Stad. has less than 20 000 ppl. and I doubt that.

Anyway thanks for the feedback fellas.

VB

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 06:55:08 PM »

Monty... we hadda have a committee meeting soon

As soon as December 9th come around, we need to act fast and work out them final details. We need tickets for all the Trinidad games!!!!

I want to know how de ass a TT vs. Australia or
TT vs. Iran game go sell out, unless the Stad. has less than 20 000 ppl. and I doubt that.

Anyway thanks for the feedback fellas.

VB

The smallest capacity will be in Nuremberg.. where they allocating ~32,000 seats.
I mean even if you don't actually make the games, there will be a big atmosphere outside in the bars.. parks..stadiums..
Part of it is going to represent our country off the field as much as it is for the boys representing on the field.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 07:51:52 PM by Tallman »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 08:28:45 PM »
What was real frustratin about the 2002 tournament was that tickets for most games were officially sold out, yet there was plenty empty seats in the stadiums, whole section and thing. Dat had get man vex.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 09:17:47 PM »
After all the pandemonium has settled, you will realize that World Cup tickets are not difficult to come by. I have attended the World Cup both in South Korea and Japan.  What happens is that the media and the marketing agencies blow everything out of proportion.  Tickets for Trinidad games will not be difficult to get.  What one has to realize is that each country is allocated tickets but not only to that country. So for example if you wanted to attend a Trini game, you get one of your family or friend in U.S. or Canada to sign up for the ticket and when they receive the ticket, they can post it to you.  A case in point, while tickets were being sold for the World Cup in Japan, you had to fill out an application at the post office and a lottery was drawn for people who wanted to get England tickets.  I didn’t get a ticket, so I contacted my friend in Canada and he applied for the ticket online.  Because he was in Canada, I was able to get a ticket because if for example 1000 tickets are allocated to Canada, then how much people could afford to attend d game in Japan….so I ended up getting tickets for d England-Sweden game and France-Uruguay.  During the earlier rounds you had man selling IMAGINE  hundreds of Japan tickets for 1000yen($8U.S.) outside the stadium.
Look next month is d World Club Championship in Tokyo.  I applied online for the tickets…of course all d cheap tickets sold out dey say…but for a little more…Ah get 2 tickets for d FINAL in Yokohama so ah go see 2 games D Final & 3rd place match…for that ticket ah paid 18,000yen($150U.S)…when I went to d England vs Sweden game I had paid 14,000yen($117U.S).  Anyway allyuh go get tickets..dont frighten…who is soca warriors fan or waggonist..The point is if yuh willing to fork out d cash yuh go get tickets..…

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 09:21:12 PM »
Also many of those stadiums you see packed..is last minute people ride in....yuh go see what ah mean...because it on TV...tournament organizers have to make it look like d stadium sell out...allyuh dont get fooled...d opening ceremony and d final is d only 2 that u wont get a ticket for...

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 09:26:14 PM »
during USA 94........I attended all the games in DC.... the scaplers tickets werent that bad....like most are saying it all depends on the teams playing. Regardless where Tnt playing man an' 'oman go have ah time....watchout Germany, Tnt coming!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 09:48:52 PM by Ent! »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 10:07:06 PM »
i cant see we as dies hards not gettin trinidad tickets, unless dem volks waggonist done buy dem already and reachi germany a month b4

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 02:47:52 AM »
Well

Since Turkey is out there will be some more tickets available.
There are quite a few million turks in Germany.
but this WC everything will go fast since you have a lot of european countries all can attend real cheap with
Ryan Air and other low cost carriers so whatever comes available will be gone in no time.
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 03:05:20 AM »
And please don't forget the UK fans who miss out on the home nations allocation habit of watching games foreign players from their club sides play in. I agree with dutchman, it is real cheap to go games for European Fans.  It will have tickets available but doh expect our games to be real easy to attend especially as T&T go have that novelty factor jus like Jamaica in 98....I tried and could'nt get tickets for their games against Argentina or Japan even though there loooked like there were a few empty seats on TV. Also as far as I now most of the venues will have reduced capacities for security purposes.

basically what i'm saying is if yuh picky as soon as the draw done start booking or if not do it NOW! transport in Germany is quite good (at least from my limited experience) so just get accomodation in a central, easily accessible location. Yuh could even fly in fuh games from another country....but dat is the rich people option.  :)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 04:54:08 AM »
The LOC marketing department will be provided with tickets for LOCAL sale.
More than likely what will happen is that the LOC will use agents who will have full packages.
We need to hear from Peter O'Connor and Shaun Fuentes.
Of course Jack will have the major say.
The best bet is to keep in contact with LOC for tickets specific to T&T.
Also the second round games and onwards would be the tickets that sell out or are sold out , since the interest will be higher as people still think the lesser teams will be out.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 08:14:02 AM »
vb it is very likely that te games will not sell out. even the wc in the us you were getting tickets. trinidad games will not sell out you will get tickets

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 08:47:30 AM »
I went to 3 matches in France98, two of them were Jamaica matches.

I had tix from 2 years in advance from being French resident. Back  then you could buy a set of 3 matches for a stadum before you knew the draw. I was close to Lyon and bought that and lucked out with a Jam match. The other match I got by buying a tix from a visiting Jakan a week before the match.

Other tix were being sold on the black market thru travel agents, etc. Jam vs Japan was sold out in advance as the Japanese saw this as their chance to win a match and also a lot of them were swindled out of tix by fraudulent tour operators. They were in Europe anyway and were willing to bid up prices for the "soup" match. By the time the match came around, prices fell as Japan could no longer qualify and I got half price for a ticket someone begged me to scalp for them. No bargaining power when the match is about to blow off!!! Especially with police around and scalping being illegal.

In summary, tix prices and availability will depend heavily on the draw and on timing issues. Dont underestimate Jack though, as his posse will make money on selling black market tix like in 1998.

I will be backing TnT next summer to do us all proud. Go Trini!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 10:27:42 AM »
I attended the WC here in de states and some amtches had plenty tickets available...but dat was WC in de states eh.  so me eh know about games in Germany which ahs a great footballing culture.

But my guess would be..dat T&t games would have available tickets....unless we playing Germany!

US doh really care bout football........but in germany i think dat it will be sold out cuz europeans love dey football.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2005, 05:01:37 AM »
I'm finding a lot of info about tickets..but no acutual area to apply for them.

When Dec. 9  comes aound...maybe we can put up a sticky.

Peace,
VB

1]; } ?>