March 28, 2024, 03:01:49 AM

Author Topic: Not all rooting for T&T  (Read 8489 times)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Not all rooting for T&T
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2005, 08:48:37 AM »
This article quoted by Fishs has to be the biggest set of tata that has been written about the qualification process. There isn't even a slight attempt at logic. I also find the condescending nature offensive; he talks about the thirld world countries having the benefit of seeing the worl'd top players in action. Last time I checked, the best player in the world was from a "thirld world" country.
Doing away with regional qualification... some people does just open dey mouth and sh!t does come out.

Steupsssssss!
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2005, 12:18:16 PM »
Maybe is jes me but ah doh really understand dis concept of " deserving" ah place in the WC. One deserves ah place if one has enough points from qualifications. I also have to believe that Uruguay probably thinks that they should have to play us instead of Aus. maybe they think they could beat us. Hull dey ass...stay home and watch we...allyuh MC.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2005, 12:36:07 PM »
The WC is about a small band of favourites and a bunch of outsiders.

Whether Uruguay is better than us is irrelevant because they are still outsiders, they are not winning no WC if they can't be in the SA top four.

They knew what they needed to do to book their ticket and they didn't do it.
 It is not as if somebody change the rules on them at the last minute.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2005, 12:39:09 PM »
The Miami/Broward Herald newspaper stated that "not all is rooting for T&T". The paper said that the Uruguayans soccer fans probably won't fall in love with the soca warriors next summer, because their team was far more deserving of a world cup berth than T&T. The writer also said that the very least, T&T should face Uruguay in the playoff, because we(T&T) are geographically closer than Bahrain and Australia.

Living in Florida, I do understand how some people do feel for Uruguay, because there is a lot of south americans here. But with that said, why all of a sudden to some people, the way the playoff is set up, it is a problem to them. To make it short and simple, T&T and Uruguay both had a job to do, the warriors took care of business and Uruguay failed to do so. Mr Leo have about 6 months to get the warriors ready for the big stage, and I know they will put tears in some people eyes. 

This make no sense whatsoever, yuh can't get upset about things you cannot control. Our game had nothing to do with Uruaguay, what the hell the vex for we ain't make them miss them penalties and who the hell cares what they think.
They will be watching it at home like Bahrain and Guatemala.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2005, 12:46:29 PM »
I don't know why people care about what other countries think.  It doh matter if Bahrain, Panama, Guatemala,Scotland, Uruguay, Jamaica, etc. support us or not.  The most important thing is whether or not Trinis support the Soca Warriors..of course we will have fans from other countries but there will also be some haters.  Let de haters HATE and don't pay them any attention.  All I know is I going germany somehow next year and I supporting whether we winning 1-0 or losing 10-0.

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2005, 01:49:11 PM »
those people are haters ... they are against us because we are smaller countries than they are ...

if Uruguay deserves to go they would have beat Austrailia no ? ... If those European teams deserves to go they would have qualified ...

this is BS ... its the WC not the Euro-SouthAmerican cup (funny note ... with the exception of Brazil and Argentina the other SouthAmerican teams are average at best)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2005, 03:25:57 PM »
Uruguay juss bitter about de first-time countries because Senegal bun' dem in 2002 and send dem out of the tournament.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2005, 08:56:24 PM »
The truth be told...A lot of people (mostly Australians and Asians) have been complaining about the fact that the Concacaf 4th place wasn't going to meet the South American 5th place for at least a year now. The fact that the Uruguayans (having lost out unexpectedly to the Oz) are now complaining however just shows the bitterness and hating that abounds.

However, that said, the only people that will miss the Uruguyans in the World Cup are the Uruguayans. You know that things are bad when Argentina accuses you of being a dirty playing team... :rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2005, 04:04:28 AM »
So dey dutty :rotfl: :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline marcovbasten

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2005, 09:28:57 AM »
4 years ago holland lost the tie for the worldcup from ireland.
we cried.
but didnt blame korea or another small soccercountry.

jalousy is a bad thing.
be happy for the ones who made it.

see you in the final

peace

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2005, 02:19:30 PM »
T&T vs URUGUAY at the Orange Bowl. The best thing about Uruguay football team is that they bring out the ladies at the games. They also cry a lot and will need comforting arms after we give them a good licking.
To all the single men out there- A good game to attend.

This is a good idea! Jack please get this one organised we need to show these Uruguayians that we maybe small but we are no push overs!  >:(

This should be a good warm-up game for us and also make the TTFF some dosh!  ;D

Headliner "The Grudge Match, T&T vs Uruguay, South American World Cup Veterans vs Caribbean First Timers, Did T&T deserve to qualify when Uruguay did not? Come See the Game & You Decide!"   ::)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 02:23:24 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2005, 07:11:20 PM »
As usual people miss the important points.

1/ The World Cup is not meant as a tournament for the 32 best teams but a global celebration of football. How much interest would there if the World Cup was predominantly European and South American teams with a few others to fill in the blanks and the rest perpetually on the outside looking in?

2/ In 2002 2/5 CONMEBOL teams made it to the second round while CONCACAF had 2/3, AFC 2/4, CAF 1/5 and UEFA 8/15.

Consider also that the other 2 Asian teams finshed the group stages without scoring a single goal nor achieving a point.

Would the World Cup be more enriched by the presence of Uruguay as opposed to TnT?  And does anyone other than Uruguay rthink so?

Furthermore.......Does anyone other than the AFC relly think that they deserve another team in the World cup.

Every four years there's always somebody sour because they failed to get the job done and the whining begins.

NEVER listen to whiners.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2005, 07:40:28 PM »
I have been saying they should get rid of Oceana, throw Australia in the Asian zone and give dem 5 spots.

I think we would have beaten Uruguay in a playoff, dem is nutten special, good history but not today.  If we could beat Mexico on more than one occasion, we could beat Uruguay.

The problem with South America is how yuh go give 5 spots to a continent with 10 countries? 

My solution is either throw Central America and South America together, give dem 6 spots.  Let the Caribbean and North America have 2 spots.  Tork done!

OR

Leave it as is and let Concacaf play the playoff with South America and leh we cut dey arse.  Maybe 2-3 years ago, there was a competition down south with some Central American teams and most ah dem South American coutries get wood.

OR

Give South America 5 spots and let Concacaf play a playoff with the 5th place African team, reducing Africa to 4.5 spots.  Lets face it, all dem African teams sucked in de last WC.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 07:45:00 PM by whayuhsay »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2005, 07:46:10 PM »
african teams suck? wat de hell i hearin here, ghana suck? ivory coast suck? senegal suck? south africa suck? nigeria suck?

yuh mad or wha, africa should be given more spots, de hardest qualifying not out of south america, iz africa

truetrini

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2005, 07:51:54 PM »
african teams suck? wat de hell i hearin here, ghana suck? ivory coast suck? senegal suck? south africa suck? nigeria suck?

yuh mad or wha, africa should be given more spots, de hardest qualifying not out of south america, iz africa

me eh know if I should say dis nah..but ok...errr. well...mmmmm, uhhmmmmnnn///I..ahhhhh. errrr, well, I agree with ..with..i agree with......well how can I say it..ahhhhhhhh....ok...lordie lordie...arggghhhhhhhh!

oh gorm boy....I agreeeeeee with TrinInfinite

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2005, 07:53:09 PM »
Yuh blind or yuh cyar read?  I said "African teams sucked in de last WC"

De last world cup breds, but since yuh so smart and proud of dem African teams, please lookup their record for the last WC, in fact check out the last two WCs, overall, it is not good, Cocacaf has had a much better showing.  If those 5 teams show poorly in 2K6, I say takeaway a half spot from dem.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2005, 08:31:50 PM »
KYAH KYAH

This is too funny to me. Welcome to the big time...the more successful you are the more writers worldwide that will talk the biggest pile of shytt you have ever heard.....welcome to the club Warriors!.....how much time u see Lara bashed by some idiot who probably can't even spell 'silly-mid-on'....well it's because he is big time.....Warriors should be proud to have this much tripe dedicated to them - that is real bitterness.....

Remember that most sports journalists are failed ______ and then you will be fine.....

I had to learn that when I was 18. 

The nerve of any of these people to talk about who is more deserving to be at the WC. 

In business, you get what you negotiate and what you earn, not what you think you deserve.

This is business!  They are trying to make it personal.

BITCHEZ!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 08:34:06 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2005, 09:10:03 PM »
Hypothetically if it was Mexico or Honduras who won against Bahrain for the playoff spot Uruguay would not have been  whingeing. Many of the Uruguayans I know stateside are racist. If you cant execute against a cricket playing country then you deserve to watch the games on pay per view at $50 US a game.... friggin idiots.

Crying over spilt milk. They need to concentrate on Ecuador and Paraguay and how they could bridge the gap between them. Last time I checked both these South American countries did not win any World Cups amongst them. If Uruguay cannot shift their focus they will probably never make the cup again. >:(

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2005, 09:15:52 PM »
its simple uraguay u all think u all she be in the world cup, well then u all shoulda win allyuh wcq group :flamethrower:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2005, 09:20:07 PM »
Allyuh still ha time wid Uruguay...let dem gripe, in the end they still staying home and watching we.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>