April 28, 2024, 06:51:25 AM

Author Topic: US/Mexico taking we win with ah pinch of salt  (Read 5103 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: US/Mexico taking we win with ah pinch of salt
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2005, 12:15:18 PM »
if ah did not know betta ah would ah think saga pinto start dis thread....cause he start one earlier sayin he think we could win de wrold cup final..... is one thing to be patriotic, but is ah nudder to be realistic......the only thing that matters rite now is dat we will be in Germany 2006..... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Futbolfan so you would'nt call believing yuh could win the world cup realistic.maybe you think it's a dream, fantasy or even wishful thinking well then if so what we doing there just making up numbers,listen meh bruddah yuh see every team in the world cup right now they all have a chance of winning the big one.   

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: US/MEXICO TAKING WE WIN WITH AH PINCH AH SALT
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2005, 12:22:20 PM »
Steups,
Arena doh even blink when he see us on the schedule. Until we PROVE that we could beat them, then we ain't s$#

And mexico know that they send a b side. Them eh studying we either. In fact them just glad nobody foot eh get break again.

I will say thiis though, if we put in place a proper program to train both players and coaches, then we can become a CONCACAF powerhouse. We know we have the talent and hopefully men will take national duty seriosly now that a shot at the world cup is a legitimate goal.

I agree with most of what you say here with the exception that Mexico knows what we can do. Even though they sent a B team against us in the last game, we've beaten their A teams in the past(and not so distant past either). We definitely need programs in place to keep improving the standard of ball at home. All those professional teams need to have youth teams associated with them and they should also try to establish relationships with clubs in England and Scotland etc.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2005, 12:24:48 PM »
we could only top CONCACAF when we could beat usa.it seems we have some jumbie over we fuking head when it come to america.soon doh.very soon.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2005, 12:36:25 PM »
we could only top CONCACAF when we could beat usa.it seems we have some jumbie over we f**king head when it come to america.soon doh.very soon.

Ah reading this and shaking meh head, it's funny how times have changed eh. When I was a boy in Trini and we had to play the US in a football match we knew that it was an automatic win for us cause they weren't good...at all. My how times have changed. The US has the money, discipline and support to make those kinds of leaps in football. Trini doesn't have that kind ah money but we do have the talent and we should be able to get the support, and we need to impliment Don Leo style discipline in order to make similar leaps in the level of ball at home. We should be at a level where we no longer compare ourselves to the rest of the Caribbean but with the big guns of CONCACAF.

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2005, 12:59:46 PM »
I think the US/Trini thing has always been one of confidence or lack thereof. Post 11/89 is when they really became stronger/better than us. However I don't think that they have beaten us by more that one goal over the years (I might be wrong), but if I remember correctly, we were not exactly run over by them.

It would be nice(I think), to be drawn with them in the first round of the WC. To me, beating them in front of the world would finally put to rest the events of 11/89

Peace

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2005, 01:00:59 PM »
we could win the world cup :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2005, 01:04:53 PM »
we could win the world cup :beermug:

We should enter the tourny EXCEPTING to win or else why bother :beermug:

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2005, 05:23:44 PM »
usa have players dat are fresh outta college. dem college coach dont kno anything bout football or in american terms"soccer". we could beat usa, we've had some close game wit dem. anything can happen......mexico beat brazil an T&T beat mexico and yes i agree wit morvantman.  :cheers:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2005, 01:21:06 PM »
The US knocks a decent brand man. A lot of quick passing and they string together some very speedy attacks.
Having said that, with our full squad I think we are capable of beating them. And as many in this post have said, capable of beating does not equate to being a better team. We just beat Mexico, but you would be hard pressed to find someone who says that we are a better team.
I think we on the right track with Stern and Kenwyne up front. We need maybe another striker, and bettwe wing back play (better overall defensive play really) and we can really make some noise
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

1]; } ?>