April 29, 2024, 05:38:03 AM

Author Topic: Bobby Zamora Thread  (Read 100271 times)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora's next stop - T&T.
« Reply #450 on: May 14, 2010, 05:08:57 PM »
^^How considerate, that must have been what he was thinking last fall too  :devil:
Look Maradona gone and name two fellas from a Championship squad tuh de Argentina 30... Colocini and Gutierrez, from Newcastle.
To be fair Newcastle were only a temporary Championship side.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 14, 2010, 05:14:41 PM »
^^How considerate, that must have been what he was thinking last fall too  :devil:
Look Maradona gone and name two fellas from a Championship squad tuh de Argentina 30... Colocini and Gutierrez, from Newcastle.
To be fair Newcastle were only a temporary Championship side.

Newcastle has been a Championship side for several seasons... they just happened to be marginally better than the likes of Charlton, Watford, 'Boro and Reading... and so only delayed the inevitable.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 14, 2010, 05:27:38 PM »

Newcastle has been a Championship side for several seasons... they just happened to be marginally better than the likes of Charlton, Watford, 'Boro and Reading... and so only delayed the inevitable.
The finished 12, 13, and 7th in the seasons preceeding their relegation and then dominated the Championship despite not bringing in any noteworthy players and losing a few players like Duffer.  I guess next year will probably be a statement year for them.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 05:31:07 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 14, 2010, 05:42:59 PM »
where that post gone ??? :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 14, 2010, 07:14:56 PM »
where that post gone ??? :devil:

Did you look inside yuh mudder cyat?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 14, 2010, 08:27:31 PM »
lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 14, 2010, 10:49:34 PM »
IT SPEAKSSSSSSSSSSS

so bobby could talk ??

can anyone re post a Zamora talking about tnt article ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 14, 2010, 11:59:36 PM »
IT SPEAKSSSSSSSSSSS

so bobby could talk ??

can anyone re post a Zamora talking about tnt article ??

I don't think he did? i think it was just his agent talkin that he excited for the opportunity to play for Trinidad.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 30, 2010, 04:52:04 AM »
Birmingham City lodge £6m bid to sign Fulham striker Bobby Zamora.
SKYSPORTS.COM

Birmingham City are believed to have lodged a £6 million bid to land Fulham striker Bobby Zamora.

The 29-year-old had a sensational season with the Cottagers, with some stellar performances helping his side reach the final of the Europa League.

The former West Ham United hitman had even been touted to make the England squad for the 2010 World Cup, but an Achilles tendon injury kept the forward out of the contest to represent the Three Lions.

The Londoner, formerly with Bristol Rovers, Brighton & Hove Albion and Tottenham Hotspur before joining the Hammers, won six England Under-21 caps in 2002.

Brum have been linked with moves for various forwards despite the arrival of Nikola Zigic from Valencia and Kevin Phillips penning a contract extension.

Now The Mirror reports that the Blues put in an offer of £6m to bring Zamora into their fold.

However, Fulham have reportedly turned down the bid in the hope of holding on to their striker.

It is said that Birmingham will reuturn with an improved offer to acquire Zamora's services.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 30, 2010, 10:20:57 AM »
Saw in Sky sports Capello want to call up Zamora as he want to give younger players and some on the fringes ah chance. But at 29 Zamora ent gonna get no World Cup with England. Unless he starting to prepare a team for Euro Qualification. But he may just get his chance after all.
If Capello still the manager.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 02, 2010, 08:59:42 AM »
Zamora joy at Fabio faith
By: Carla Hilton (Skysports.com) 

Striker is determined to prove critics wrong

Bobby Zamora is determined to live up to expectations after Fabio Capello labelled him a future England star.

The Italian's statement, which followed the Three Lions shocking exit from the World Cup, has brought about renewed criticism of his abilities as head coach.

Zamora, though, is boosted by such comments which he says incentivize him to step up his game.

"People can read into that what they want, I just let that sort of reaction wash over me," he told The Sun.

"It is flattering to hear the England manager single me out.

"It's nice to be linked with that and it's a big target for me once I'm 100 per cent fit again."

Modest
Zamora believes that too much can be read into speculation over who is set to be called up to the England squad.

He admitted, though, that hearing it straight from the horses' mouth was incredibly encouraging.

"I'm the sort of player who wouldn't even give a thought to being in the squad until I actually got a phone call from Fabio Capello," he said.

"But the other day the words were straight out of his mouth, so that was good."

He added: "There's always speculation about who might be in the squads but I'd rather hear it from the manager himself.

"Joe Bloggs might be laughing about the thought of me in the next World Cup but listen, that's four years away, and there's another big tournament before that."

As for his future at club level, Zamora dismissed suggestions he might follow Roy Hodgson from Fulham to Liverpool.

"I've got two years on my contract and my concern now is to get back to full fitness and help the club stay in the top division again."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 02, 2010, 10:10:52 AM »
Zamora joy at Fabio faith
By: Carla Hilton (Skysports.com) 

Striker is determined to prove critics wrong

Bobby Zamora is determined to live up to expectations after Fabio Capello labelled him a future England star.

The Italian's statement, which followed the Three Lions shocking exit from the World Cup, has brought about renewed criticism of his abilities as head coach.

Zamora, though, is boosted by such comments which he says incentivize him to step up his game.

"People can read into that what they want, I just let that sort of reaction wash over me," he told The Sun.

"It is flattering to hear the England manager single me out.

"It's nice to be linked with that and it's a big target for me once I'm 100 per cent fit again."

Modest
Zamora believes that too much can be read into speculation over who is set to be called up to the England squad.

He admitted, though, that hearing it straight from the horses' mouth was incredibly encouraging.

"I'm the sort of player who wouldn't even give a thought to being in the squad until I actually got a phone call from Fabio Capello," he said.

"But the other day the words were straight out of his mouth, so that was good."

He added: "There's always speculation about who might be in the squads but I'd rather hear it from the manager himself.

"Joe Bloggs might be laughing about the thought of me in the next World Cup but listen, that's four years away, and there's another big tournament before that."

As for his future at club level, Zamora dismissed suggestions he might follow Roy Hodgson from Fulham to Liverpool.

"I've got two years on my contract and my concern now is to get back to full fitness and help the club stay in the top division again."

good hope he makes it this time !!!!!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 07, 2010, 02:09:46 PM »
Oh boy...
http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/news/story?id=812438&sec=euro2012&cc=5901

D ISSUE WILL B FINALLY CLOSED............
Unfortunately no it won't, even if he gets a cap it will just be in a friendly so he'd still be eligible to switch (just like Ricky Shakes).

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 07, 2010, 02:11:21 PM »
Oh boy...
http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/news/story?id=812438&sec=euro2012&cc=5901

D ISSUE WILL B FINALLY CLOSED............
Unfortunately no it won't, even if he gets a cap it will just be in a friendly so he'd still be eligible to switch (just like Ricky Shakes).

correct, he has to play in a fifa tournament.
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 07, 2010, 03:18:32 PM »
Paging Big Magician, paging Big Magician..... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 07, 2010, 03:30:51 PM »

He go reach in ah timing  :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 07, 2010, 03:55:56 PM »

Doh worry, this is the news that BM wants to hear, i.e Bobby playing for England!!
He will wish him well, no cussing BZ this time, trust me!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:22:28 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 07, 2010, 04:28:19 PM »
die thread die

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 07, 2010, 05:12:50 PM »
LOL tv6 fail, they say how we lose out on Zamora lol  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 07, 2010, 05:15:37 PM »
LOL tv6 fail, they say how we lose out on Zamora lol  :rotfl: :rotfl:

dem is a next set ah people who doh know d facts
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 07, 2010, 05:31:12 PM »
Last season he was a one hit wonder...lol... surely he cant get any better and he only had eight prem goals. So d 19 goals add up against shit teams in the League Cup. He had some good goals but I wouldnt put him in our team ahead of Glen or even Jorsling. Definitely NOT a loss for us that he in d England team

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #473 on: August 07, 2010, 05:35:44 PM »
Though he came to meet Leo Beenhakker and the T&T team personally at the hotel in route to Germany I never taught he was committed to us. He always looked like he had doubts and hoped for an England call up instead.

Imagine, England blanked him at the 2010 WC and still he accepted their offer now, or did he ?

In any case, see BM....  :devil:
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 07, 2010, 05:37:35 PM »
Last season he was a one hit wonder...lol... surely he cant get any better and he only had eight prem goals. So d 19 goals add up against shit teams in the League Cup. He had some good goals but I wouldnt put him in our team ahead of Glen or even Jorsling. Definitely NOT a loss for us that he in d England team

He will b paid 4 playin 4 England not sure if dat would happen if he play 4 we.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 07, 2010, 05:45:58 PM »
Though he came to meet Leo Beenhakker and the T&T team personally at the hotel in route to Germany I never taught he was committed to us. He always looked like he had doubts and hoped for an England call up instead.

Imagine, England blanked him at the 2010 WC and still he accepted their offer now, or did he ?

Come 2014 BZ will be way passed his best as a striker plus England will be looking towards their younger players if they learnt their lessons from the 2010 World Cup!

England plan is to cap Bobby so that he cyah play for T&T and so score against them in any future World Cups if we both qualify! Bobby will be capped and then left to scrub bench for the rest of his short international career, allyuh watch and see!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 07, 2010, 05:53:06 PM »

Come 2014 BZ will be way passed his best as a striker plus England will be looking towards their younger players if they learnt their lessons from the 2010 World Cup!

England plan is to cap Bobby so that he cyah play for T&T and so score against them in any future World Cups if we both qualify! Bobby will be capped and then left to scrub bench for the rest of his short international career, allyuh watch and see!  :devil:
LoL. He have to make d bench after this friendly to scrub it. Bent deserves a chance ahead of him and when he takes his chance Booby(lol) Zamora is done especially when the Fraizer Campbell comes in  ;D

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Capello calls up Wilshere, Gibbs and Zamora for England
« Reply #477 on: August 07, 2010, 08:21:14 PM »
Source BBC Sport

Capello calls up Wilshere, Gibbs and Zamora for England

England squad in full

England boss Fabio Capello has named the uncapped trio of Jack Wilshere, Kieran Gibbs and Bobby Zamora in his squad to face Hungary on Wednesday.

Goalkeepers Paul Robinson and Ben Foster replace David James and Robert Green as only 10 of the 23-man World Cup squad return for the friendly.

Theo Walcott and Adam Johnson are both recalled but Joe Cole misses out.

Strikers Jermain Defoe and Peter Crouch are dropped as Carlton Cole and Darren Bent come in for the match at Wembley.

Manchester United's Wes Brown, Phil Jagielka of Everton and Bolton's Gary Cahill bolster the defensive ranks as Capello looks to freshen up the national set-up following a disastrous World Cup campaign which saw England crash out in the last 16.

Arsenal have much to cheer from the new-look squad with Wilshere, Gibbs and Walcott all included.

DAN ROAN'S BLOG
An air of revival and a sense of fun and pride are what Capello must instill in this new squad, this new England

Wilshere, who was born on New Year's Day 1992, will become the 10th youngest England international of all time if he plays some part against Hungary.

He became Arsenal's youngest league debutant two seasons ago and was only the fifth 16-year-old to feature in the Champions League.

Wilshere has won five under-21 caps and his half season on loan at Bolton last term did not go unnoticed by Capello, who expects him to mature rapidly.

After receiving the news, the 18-year-old told Arsenal's website: "I'm delighted to have been named in the senior England squad for the first time. It is a real honour and I'm looking forward to the experience.

"I'm also realistic and want to take things one step at a time. Being called up to the England squad is a proud moment for me and my family, but my first target is to break into the Arsenal team and play on a regular basis.

"To achieve that, I need to keep my head down, work hard and stay focused."

606: DEBATE
Looks like Arsenal will be at the forefront in the future of English football, ahh the irony!

afcbigbear

Ashley Cole was one of the few to emerge from the South Africa campaign with their reputation intact, so Gibbs's contribution at left-back will probably be as back-up.

However, the Lambeth-born 20-year-old was already on Capello's radar last year and in may have made the World Cup squad ahead of Stephen Warnock had he not suffered a season-ending injury in November.

"It is a special moment to be called up to the first team squad," said Gibbs, who broke his foot in November.

"I have to say this a real boost for me as I spent over five months out through injury and this is a good opportunity to thank the surgeons and medical support I've received to get me back to full fitness.

"Naturally my top priority at this moment in time is to get back to the level I was at before my injury and get some games under my belt with Arsenal, but of course, I would love to cement a place in the England team in the future."

At 29, Zamora is not a youngster, but Capello was keen to include the Fulham star in his provisional World Cup squad, only for injury to rule out that option.

However, with Emile Heskey now retired and neither Crouch nor Defoe considered, Zamora was an obvious choice.

West Ham striker Cole has been around the squad before, as has Bent, although Gabriel Agbonlahor will probably consider himself unlucky.

There was better news for another Aston Villa player, however, as Ashley Young has been recalled, with neither Shaun Wright-Phillips nor Aaron Lennon being retained.

Most of Capello's senior men are included, with John Terry keeping his place, even if his partner in the centre of defence next week remains something of a mystery.

At various stages of the World Cup, Ledley King, Jamie Carragher and Matthew Upson had the job, but all three have now been ditched.

That hints at a straight fight between Jagielka, who won the last of his three caps against Ukraine at Wembley last year before suffering a serious knee injury, and Michael Dawson, who was called into the World Cup squad for injured skipper Rio Ferdinand but did not play a game.

England squad to face Hungary:

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster (Birmingham), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Paul Robinson (Blackburn)

Defenders: Wes Brown (Manchester United), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), John Terry (Chelsea)

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Aston Villa), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Darren Bent (Sunderland), Carlton Cole (West Ham United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Bobby Zamora (Fulham)

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 08, 2010, 08:27:10 AM »

Doh worry, this is the news that BM wants to hear, i.e Bobby playing for England!!
He will wish him well, no cussing BZ this time, thrust me!  ;)

Thrust You?  ??? ::)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 08, 2010, 09:20:57 AM »

He will wish him well, no cussing BZ this time, trust me!  ;)

Thrust You?  ??? ::)

Sorry that was a miss-spelling, corrected now!!   :-X

Allyuh men doh miss nothing yes!  8)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:23:56 AM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>