April 28, 2024, 07:43:54 PM

Author Topic: Bobby Zamora Thread  (Read 100165 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Zamora's next stop - T&T.
« Reply #480 on: August 10, 2010, 03:45:39 PM »
Bobby Zamora: I can be the new Teddy Sheringham for England
By Simon Cass (Daily Mail)

A senior England call-up has been a long time coming for Bobby Zamora - and Fabio Capello can count himself lucky that the striker is available at all.

The Fulham striker, whose hopes of playing in the World Cup were ended by achilles and back problems, would be a Trinidad and Tobago player right now if the same pair of injuries had not hit him ahead of a fixture with El Salvador last summer.

It has turned out to be a disguised blessing for Zamora, whose father is from the Caribbean island.

---
ENGLAND'S SENRAB BOYS

Sol Campbell (Newcastle)
First cap versus Hungary, 1996

Ugo Ehiogu (retired)
First cap versus Italy, 1997

Ledley King (Tottenham)
First cap versus Italy, 2002

Paul Konchesky (Fulham)
First cap versus Australia, 2003

John Terry (Chelsea)
First cap versus Serbia & Montenegro, 2003

Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)
First cap versus Sweden, 2004

Bobby Zamora (Fulham)
First cap versus Hungary?

---

At the time it looked like my only option if I wanted to play international football,' he said.

The striker certainly feels he deserves the chance to audition for the role of Wayne Rooney's partner.

A graduate of the famous Senrab side of east London, Zamora, who scored 19 goals last season, is eager to emulate Teddy Sheringham.

'I like having the ball up to me and bringing people into play,' said Zamora.

'If they can bring the ball up to me, I would like to think I can hold it up and bring Wayne in and the guys from midfield.'

The 29-year-old is now itching to make his England debut in the same fortnight that his girlfriend gave birth to twin girls.

'It has been a crazy week,' he admitted.

'My girlfriend won't be at Wembley, her hands will be full. But other members of my family will be there.'

No doubt they'll be thankful he saved them from an 11-hour flight to Trinidad and Tobago's friendly with Jamaica.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301953/Bobby-Zamora-I-Englands-new-Teddy-Sheringham.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0wF3KQZpk

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 10, 2010, 04:09:09 PM »
stueps  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 10, 2010, 05:52:26 PM »
As I said come 2014 BZ will be way passed his best as a striker and England will be looking towards their younger players if they learnt their lessons from the 2010 World Cup! Good luck to him with the Teddy Sheringham talk!

England's plan is to cap Bobby's ass so he cyah play for T&T and so score against them in any future World Cups if we both manage to qualify! My predition is that Bobby will be capped and then left to scrub bench for the rest of his short international career, allyuh watch and see!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 10, 2010, 06:06:20 PM »
As I said come 2014 BZ will be way passed his best as a striker and England will be looking towards their younger players if they learnt their lessons from the 2010 World Cup! Good luck to him with the Teddy Sheringham talk!

England's plan is to cap Bobby's ass so he cyah play for T&T and so score against them in any future World Cups if we both manage to qualify! My predition is that Bobby will be capped and then left to scrub bench for the rest of his short international career, allyuh watch and see!  :devil:

doesnt matter if he get capped, he is still eligible to play for us, he has to play in a fifa sanctioned tournament, for that cap to be worth it. edit : what tournaments coming up soon? , i not sure.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:09:25 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 10, 2010, 06:07:52 PM »

doesnt matter if he get capped, he is still eligible to play for us, he has to play in a fifa sanctioned tournament, for that cap to be worth it

Ah feel this is BM's cue..... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 10, 2010, 06:10:56 PM »
doesnt matter if he get capped, he is still eligible to play for us, he has to play in a fifa sanctioned tournament, for that cap to be worth it. edit : what tournaments coming up soon? , i not sure.
Euro qualifiers coming up in September

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 10, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »

ohhhhhh, that changes everything
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 10, 2010, 06:14:25 PM »

Yeah, they will cap his ass then for sure!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 10, 2010, 09:45:42 PM »
Why everybody concern if he get cap or not?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 11, 2010, 12:57:42 AM »
good fuh f**king allyuh... 11 hour flight to tnt yuh mudder c**t

f**k ZAMORA AND CAMPS
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 11, 2010, 02:50:57 AM »

We want to ensure he has no chance of being called up to play for T&T in the future and considers playing for us as a last resort because England doh want him! He would also possibly be taking the place of one of our local players who is far more committed to the cause!  ;)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 11, 2010, 05:09:26 AM »

We want to ensure he has no chance of being called up to play for T&T in the future and considers playing for us as a last resort because England doh want him! He would also possibly be taking the place of one of our local players who is far more committed to the cause!  ;)

COSIGN !!!! lewwe end this ting once and for all after all these years.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Zamora: I could have been playing for Trinidad & Tobago rather than England tonight

Published 23:00 10/08/10 By Mike Walters

Recommend

England-Fabio-Capello-Bobby-Zamora-cropped

Bobby Zamora and Zoltan Gera may be ZZ tops at Wembley tonight - but England's new boy will have another headline double act on his mind.

After a "crazy" week in which he became the father of twin daughters Gisele and Siena, Zamora will wet the babies' heads by winning his first Three Lions cap at the age of 29 against Hungary.

With Zamora's Fulham team-mate Gera in the Magyars' ranks, England's post-World Cup boos cruise will not be a doddle.

But last season's top scorer at Craven Cottage (19 goals in all competitions), always believed he was destined to follow John Terry, Ledley King and Paul Konchesky - with whom he played for Senrab, a boys team on east London's Wanstead Flats - into the England side.
Quantcast

"It's funny because I grew up playing with John, Ledley and Paul - they have all gone on to play for England although, in my eyes, there was no major difference between us," said Zamora yesterday.

"I never reached the stage where I thought I wasn't going to make it - I'm not a deep thinker about these things - but now the opportunity has come along, I want to grab it with both hands."

It could have been a different story if Zamora had jumped ship and signed for Hull 12 months ago, instead of staying loyal to Fulham, he would have endured relegation instead of blazing a memorable trail through Europe.

If he had not been crocked with achilles tendon and back injuries last September, he would have been inclined to answer the call from Trinidad & Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker last year, when England recognition seemed little more than a mirage in the desert.

And if he had been fit to join Fabio Capello's ill-starred World Cup crusade, instead of a tearful resignation to surgery on his troublesome heel, surely England's performances in South Africa could not have been more impoverished... could they?

Zamora said: "It has been a crazy week, but very enjoyable, and I want to try and take it all in and remember it all. The twins are a massive part of my life now, and with getting the call-up to play for your country is a massive honour.

"They were born last Monday, they came home on Friday, then I had a pre-season game on Saturday and that night I got a text saying I had been called up.

"Of course it was disappointing that I could not go to the World Cup because of my injury, but I guess that's life. Although it's pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play at a World Cup, there was no point in going if I was going to let myself and the country down, so in that sense it was a no-brainer.

"If things had worked out differently I could have played for Trinidad & Tobago (through his father's ancestry). At that time, it looked like my only option if I wanted to play international football, but that door has closed and this one has opened."

Now Zamora can look forward to leading the line with Wayne Rooney tonight and enjoying a friendly duel with Gera, the most accomplished act in a Hungarian side which includes Ipswich duo Marton Fulop and Tamas Priskin.

He added: "I have a good connection with Zoltan. He's a very good player and we are on the same wavelength. I really like playing with him - he created a lot of goals for me last season and I did the same for him as well.

"He is a major threat for England, an intelligent player who can create and score goals. In Europe, I was lucky that Zoltan was happy to do all the running, which was absolutely brilliant for me.

"One minute he was up there with me on the front line, but when it was necessary to drop into the 'hole,' he was more than happy to do that. The training we did was all about our partnership in and around the box and getting the ball played up to my feet."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/England-v-Hungary-preview-Bobby-Zamora-I-could-have-been-playing-for-Trinidad-Tobago-rather-than-Three-Lions-tonight-article549361.html#ixzz0wIZORwo5

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Zamora come out now and talking shit, why, why....

I hope he never gets a run for England.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Zamora come out now and talking shit, why, why....

I hope he never gets a run for England.

What 'shit' he talking?  Some ah allyuh bruised feelings clouding allyuh ability to read and analyze.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 11, 2010, 09:18:12 AM »
If he had not been crocked with achilles tendon and back injuries last September, he would have been inclined to answer the call from Trinidad & Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker last year, when England recognition seemed little more than a mirage in the desert.

hmmm didnt know Leo was coaching we last year  ::)
Youtube Channel

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What 'shit' he talking?  Some ah allyuh bruised feelings clouding allyuh ability to read and analyze.

Bake n Shit, Why yuh doh go and suck yuh balls.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Bake n Shit, Why yuh doh go and suck yuh balls.

I ask yuh ah simple question and dai's yuh response? 

Yuh acting like ah li'l schoolgirl who get she heartbreak by one ah dem taxi drivers.  Take yuh time, de question still out there... whenever yuh come off yuh period and yuh hormones return tuh normal yuh could take a read again.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I ask yuh ah simple question and dai's yuh response? 

Yuh acting like ah li'l schoolgirl who get she heartbreak by one ah dem taxi drivers.  Take yuh time, de question still out there... whenever yuh come off yuh period and yuh hormones return tuh normal yuh could take a read again.

Doh talk shit kakahole, yuh said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "Some ah allyuh bruised feelings clouding allyuh ability to read and analyze",,,,,,,,,,,,,,, only you alone could come here and act like some big thing, you alone could read and analyze, why yuh doh analyze yuh small toetie... ent...

Bring yuh two teeth gal nah, meh schoolgirl behavior will all of a sudden go away. Is lolo in he pefhen....

My point is, why all of a sudden Zamora talking about how he only turn to T&T because he had no choice, that making us look bad, now he get mouth because he get an England call up, steups.

Doh come in public and diss T&T, Zamora is a blasted fargott, cant believe T&T nearly rescuse this fool's international career before England came in.

He is 29, in England he done.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:05:11 AM by Sam »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Doh talk shit kakahole, yuh said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "Some ah allyuh bruised feelings clouding allyuh ability to read and analyze",,,,,,,,,,,,,,, only you alone could come here and act like some big thing, you alone could read and analyze, why yuh doh analyze yuh small toetie... ent...

So said, so done.  You only proving my point with yuh hormonal ranting. Rather than looking at what Zamora say objectively allyuh detractors insist on reading it as some kinda diss.  So once allyuh blood rush tuh allyuh head it affecting allyuh ability to be clear-headed.  All this talk about me coming here and "act like some big thing" is juss yuh own insecurity talking... first off is not no act and whoever intimidated or offended by it is they ass business.  If yuh was secure in yuh own self yuh wouldn't be worried about how some next man "act" like as you interpret it.

Bring yuh two teeth gal nah, meh schoolgirl behavior will all of a sudden go away. Is lolo in he pefhen....

More proof that yuh estrogen levels rising... yuh fixation on sucking balls and giving man "lolo" giving away yuh secrets.

My point is, why all of a sudden Zamora talking about how he only turn to T&T because he had no choice, that making us look bad, now he get mouth because he get an England call up, steups.

And that is my point exactly... you CHOOSE to interpret it as a diss when in fact the man talking de truth.  Plain talk is no bad manners.  Yuh feel Trinidad was Shaka first choice?  Yuh feel it was Birchall's or Samuel's?  Who de ass go want to play for Jack Warner when it have better more professional Federations go go sweat for? 

Doh come in public and diss T&T, Zamora is a blasted fargott, cant believe T&T nearly rescuse this fool's international career before England came in.

He is 29, in England he done.

Everybody who kick ball dream of playing in the World Cup, and 99% of those who harbor such goals, want to represent the country where they were born and raised.  They naturally would pursue those opportunities first before trying to represent any other country.  Is few men will turn down playing for the land in which they was raised in order to rep the land of their heritage.  Kevin-Prince Boateng, Giuseppe Rossi and Neven Subotic are the exceptions. Yuh think if Brazil did give Eduardo, Cacau or Senna ah chance Serbia, Germany or Spain was ever going to see them?  Them men had tuh explore other options once dey realize they di'n have no chance of going to the World Cup with a Brazilian team. 

The difference is that Serbia, Germany and Spain smart enough to recognize talent that could benefit them and embrace it.  Some ah allyuh Trinis allyuh too special, if man ent profess dey undying love from de earlies allyuh feel allyuh too good to accept them later on.  And even then allyuh is some hypocrites because as has already been shown, others do the same thing and allyuh tripping all over allyuh self to call dem allyuh heroes.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 11, 2010, 02:05:05 PM »
Zamora has just come on as a sub in the England-Hungary game
  :chilling: :cheers: :party: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :mackdaddy: :cheers: :applause: :praying: :praying:

Heskey v2.0

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 11, 2010, 02:06:26 PM »
  :chilling: :cheers: :party: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :mackdaddy: :cheers: :applause: :praying: :praying:

i bet u he score on his debut

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 11, 2010, 02:11:25 PM »

i bet u he is not playing for england in a year's time

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 11, 2010, 02:15:03 PM »

most likely.
Youtube Channel

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 11, 2010, 02:38:52 PM »

yeah well i think we could all agree on that

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 11, 2010, 03:15:49 PM »

Obviously he prefers to play one game for England than a 100 for Trinidad.I also prefer he plays one for England, than a 100 for Trinidad, so we on the same page
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:17:20 PM by royal »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 11, 2010, 03:22:49 PM »

Given his history of injuries and inconsistency I wouldn't doubt it, but I for one hope that he rip it up and have at least ah outside chance of going to Brazil with the squad 4 yrs from now.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 11, 2010, 03:31:33 PM »

Given his history of injuries and inconsistency I wouldn't doubt it, but I for one hope that he rip it up and have at least ah outside chance of going to Brazil with the squad 4 yrs from now.

Given his history of never scoring goals I think that's unlikely, but I guess it worked for Heskey.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 11, 2010, 03:53:39 PM »

Given his history of never scoring goals I think that's unlikely, but I guess it worked for Heskey.

assuming capello still there
Youtube Channel

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 11, 2010, 04:16:06 PM »
Zamora showed some good touches on his debut and could be good for TT,for a big bloke his control and first touch is very good.He will be on England team for more games.

1]; } ?>