March 29, 2024, 08:16:38 AM

Author Topic: Bobby Zamora Thread  (Read 98301 times)

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora's next stop - T&T.
« Reply #540 on: September 11, 2010, 10:33:23 AM »
Broken leg, just above the ankle, Mark Hughes says, hopefully 4 months or so. Hopefully no ligament damage, I really wish him a speedy recovery, just as I did for Eduardo.

I doubt highly that this will be shown on the TV... YouTube however is ah different scene...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 11, 2010, 11:15:59 AM »
I notice everytime Zamora get close to England squad he does get injured. All best wishes to the brother, but you have to wonder if somebody ent put down something on him for his about face on T&T... :devil:
I don't think he is really that keen on international football.  He pulled out of the most recent England squad with injury and yet he played today.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 11, 2010, 11:36:29 AM »
I notice everytime Zamora get close to England squad he does get injured. All best wishes to the brother, but you have to wonder if somebody ent put down something on him for his about face on T&T... :devil:
I don't think he is really that keen on international football.  He pulled out of the most recent England squad with injury and yet he played today.

for thirty minutes...

before being seriously injured.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 11, 2010, 01:28:02 PM »

for thirty minutes...

Yes but they were completely unrelated injuries, I suppose it is possible his thigh went from being not in any condition to play between today and Tuesday though

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 11, 2010, 01:42:32 PM »

What 'about face'... are you conveniently forgetting that our highly efficient and organized TTFF failed to send him and Jlloyd their tickets when they were to travel for the Guatemala game... just around the time he got injured?

That's a rather silly conclusion to arrive at... I guess he "pulled out of" the World Cup too, right?

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 11, 2010, 02:15:04 PM »

for thirty minutes...

Yes but they were completely unrelated injuries, I suppose it is possible his thigh went from being not in any condition to play between today and Tuesday though

It is possible, especially with Western medical science or, even, Eastern medical practices. Or dat platelet ting Van Persie and Kyut did try dey last season in Russia. But this is a broken leg, just above the ankle breds. Four months, and it could even end his career, a la Dean Ashton, (born 24 November 1983 in Swindon, Wiltshire) is a former English professional footballer.

He (Dean) made over 240 appearances as a forward in the Football League and Premier League for Crewe Alexandra, Norwich City and West Ham United, and was also capped by England. He was highly praised as a talented centre forward, but had a career frustrated by injury. He retired on 11 December 2009, aged 26, after failing to recover from a long-term ankle injury sustained during international duty with England.

Even if he fail (or let down) T&T, de fella have Trini roots, otherwise, we wouldn't be discussing the issue here. But, dais football. He live de dream.

Get well soon Bobby...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 11, 2010, 02:32:11 PM »
That's a rather silly conclusion to arrive at... I guess he "pulled out of" the World Cup too, right?
I'm not 100% sure of the circumstances surrounding the World Cup.  He wasn't called up but that may have been because he told Capello he couldn't play.  All I know is that T&T had a game August 12 last year in which he could have played and then pulled out citing injury only to play 80 minutes and score August 15 for Fulham against Portsmouth.  Then there is this issue where he said he couldn't play for England on September 3rd or 7th and then starts for Fulham on September 11th.

I've been a Zamora fan since he started out at West Ham and remain his fan, I really just don't think international football is his priority.

EDIT: OK, found this

"I told Fabio that I was struggling and I knew that, had I gone, I wouldn't have done myself or England justice," he said.

Rooney was also injured and he played through it.  I don't know the extent of either injury but I believe that, if he really wanted to, he could have played in the World Cup, or at least made the squad, especially as he played in Fulham's last game of the season in the Europa League final (though I can't remember if he got injured that game or just wasn't match fit).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:13:38 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 11, 2010, 02:48:44 PM »
I'm not 100% sure of the circumstances surrounding the World Cup.  He wasn't called up but that may have been because he told Capello he couldn't play.  All I know is that T&T had a game August 12 last year in which he could have played and then pulled out citing injury only to play 80 minutes and score August 15 for Fulham against Portsmouth.  Then there is this issue where he said he couldn't play for England on September 3rd or 7th and then starts for Fulham on September 11th.

I've been a Zamora fan since he started out at West Ham and remain his fan, I really just don't think international football is his priority.

"I told Fabio that I was struggling and I knew that, had I gone, I wouldn't have done myself or England justice," he said.

Rooney was also injured and he played through it.  I don't know the extent of either injury but I believe that, if he really wanted to, he could have played in the World Cup, or at least made the squad, especially as he played in Fulham's last game of the season in the Europa League final (though I can't remember if he got injured that game or just wasn't match fit).

Playing a half of football for Fullham in a final meaningless Europa game isn't the same as playing six matches for England in the World Cup.  Zamora recognized that and did the right thing to help England's chances... they already had one semi-fit striker and he felt Bent could do better under the circumstances.

The only reason we're talking about Bobby Zamora here is because of his WC aspirations.  He didn't decide to play for TnT because he likes our colors... he thought that was his one last chance to play international football.  He switched back to England... after the TTFF predictably dropped the ball (and he got injured) and he didn't play for us.  He also missed Fullham's match that same weekend owing to the same injury.  I remember that vividly b/c he got hammered here by dinho among others who said he was faking injury and that he'd be suiting up for Fullham that weekend.  When it was revealed that he was to miss the game everyone conveniently disappeared.

It's fair to question whether he ever fully wanted to rep TnT... but to question whether he ever wanted to play international ball is kinda... it kinda flies in the face of the facts, to put it mildly.  The man has just had a star-crossed international career... nothing more to it, he's not the first and won't be the last.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 11, 2010, 05:15:37 PM »
Fulham rocked as Zamora suffers broken leg
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=822212&sec=england&cc=5901

Zamora, who signed a new four-year contract with the Cottagers on Friday, was brought down by a hard challenge from Karl Henry and although the Wolves skipper won the ball, Zamora's right ankle was trapped in the tackle and his leg buckled awkwardly.

The break was just above the player's ankle, meaning a long recovery period.

The striker bagged eight Premier League goals last season but scored another three in the FA Cup and three in the Europa League as Fulham lost to Atletico Madrid in the final. He earned his England debut last month in the international friendly against Hungary at Wembley.

Fulham manager Mark Hughes revealed that he could be out for longer if surgery reveals further damage.

"If the injury is as we think it is, it's likely to be four months,'' he said. "If the surgeon goes in tomorrow and finds other damage rather than just the break, which is four centimetres above his ankle, it will be even longer than that.

"The four months looks like a minimum.

"Bobby had got to a point where he was playing at a high level and producing week-in, week-out. Bobby would be honest enough to admit he hasn't been able to maintain that level of performance over long periods during his career.

"But he's reached that point so to be taken out of top level football for four months is a real disappointment for him and us. I've spoken to him already and he seems to be in good spirits.''

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 11, 2010, 10:24:18 PM »

What 'about face'... are you conveniently forgetting that our highly efficient and organized TTFF failed to send him and Jlloyd their tickets when they were to travel for the Guatemala game... just around the time he got injured?

And Jloyd has since played for us.

Zamora's will he won't he with the Trinidad and Tobago national team has gone on for at least 4 years as you are well aware.

The final outcome is what it is, regardless of the difference sequence of scenarios that led up to it.

I not holding no brief for the TTFF but you're clearly just looking for talk, on what was nothing less than an unmalicious jibe - unlike some other posters on the forum, I not toting any feelings about the man's decision.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 11, 2010, 10:25:22 PM »

your honour...I was misquoted...(that was B&S's comment, not mine)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 11, 2010, 10:43:29 PM »
Meh one hit wonderkid. I rate baptiste over he.

Sad about the injury tho.. but its part of the game..

Sad that England actually capped him... dey gone to de dogs yes  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 12, 2010, 01:14:03 AM »
your honour...I was misquoted...(that was B&S's comment, not mine)
Fixed it :)

Get well soon Bobby

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 12, 2010, 04:05:10 AM »
Get well soon zamora wouldn't wish an injury like that on anybody .... tough luck ... get well soon

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 12, 2010, 09:14:25 AM »
get well soon Bob
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 12, 2010, 10:00:01 AM »

Zamora's will he won't he with the Trinidad and Tobago national team has gone on for at least 4 years as you are well aware.

The final outcome is what it is, regardless of the difference sequence of scenarios that led up to it.

I not holding no brief for the TTFF but you're clearly just looking for talk, on what was nothing less than an unmalicious jibe - unlike some other posters on the forum, I not toting any feelings about the man's decision.

Jlloyd has since played for us b/c he didn't have any other option... and he was healthy, which is the key point you obviously seem to be missing with that "just looking for talk" nonsense.  By the time Zamora was healthy to play again he'd already seen enough red flags from the TTFF, plus we were already out of contention.  I guess you wanted him to come play for us with Fullham in contention and us going nowhere, right genious?  Where was Bolton going?

You not "toting feelings" over Zamora, but you clearly tote feelings where your comments are concerned.  If you're going to re-imagine the "sequence of scenarios" then don't act all spoiled when someone takes you up on it.

video here...

http://soccer-portal.org/cat/video/3070-karl-henry-tackle-on-bobby-zamora.html?utm_source=Graham&utm_medium=Liverpool

Hardluck freak injury... don't really see much wrong about the injury.  I can't even chalk that up to a Premier League tackle... good challenge, tough luck.

Get better soon Bobby.

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 12, 2010, 10:11:09 AM »
video here...

http://soccer-portal.org/cat/video/3070-karl-henry-tackle-on-bobby-zamora.html?utm_source=Graham&utm_medium=Liverpool

Hardluck freak injury... don't really see much wrong about the injury.  I can't even chalk that up to a Premier League tackle... good challenge, tough luck.

Get better soon Bobby.
[/quote]

A la Cisse... I really hope he has a lil vibes wid Djib, if only for the mental attitude to overcome this...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 12, 2010, 01:35:14 PM »

Jlloyd has since played for us b/c he didn't have any other option... and he was healthy, which is the key point you obviously seem to be missing with that "just looking for talk" nonsense.  By the time Zamora was healthy to play again he'd already seen enough red flags from the TTFF, plus we were already out of contention.  I guess you wanted him to come play for us with Fullham in contention and us going nowhere, right genious?  Where was Bolton going?

You not "toting feelings" over Zamora, but you clearly tote feelings where your comments are concerned.  If you're going to re-imagine the "sequence of scenarios" then don't act all spoiled when someone takes you up on it.

Not sure where you came up with the idea that I was "acting spoiled". Apparently in addition to being the resident "genious" on this site, you're contending for the title of the resident behavioral analyst.

about-face (a·bout-face)
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/view/entry/m_en_us1219360#m_en_us1219360
a complete change of opinion or policy:

He wanted to play for us at some point in the past. Now he obviously doesn't.
It's really not that hard to understand, and you're the only one arguing the point; hence my "looking for talk" comment?

Or did I miss the memo where you became the resident linguistic expert as well?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 12, 2010, 04:42:25 PM »

Not sure where you came up with the idea that I was "acting spoiled". Apparently in addition to being the resident "genious" on this site, you're contending for the title of the resident behavioral analyst.

about-face (a·bout-face)

It's really not that hard to understand, and you're the only one arguing the point; hence my "looking for talk" comment?

I don't have to be a "resident genious" to know that you are thin-skinned fella, any criticism.. or perceived criticism and you take it personal.  I arrived at that conclusion early in my conversations with you and your subsequent behavior has confirmed it. 

Yuh could parse the language and quote Oxford dictionary all yuh want too, but read in context the implication reads that Zamora made some whimisical flip-flop on the decision to play for TnT.  I won't speak for others, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who read it that way... my point, still lost on you not surprisingly, is that the decision was half made for him by the TTFF.  Yuh doh have to be no "linguistic expert" to understand that. 

And by the way... "linguistics" deals with languages... what would be applicable here would be idiomatic expression.  Apparently they didn't teach yuh dat at de "Institute"... let me know if you need me to post ah Oxford link on "Idiom" fuh yuh.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 12, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »

about-face (a·bout-face)

I don't have to be a "resident genious" to know that you are thin-skinned fella, any criticism.. or perceived criticism and you take it personal.  I arrived at that conclusion early in my conversations with you and your subsequent behavior has confirmed it. 

Yuh could parse the language and quote Oxford dictionary all yuh want too, but read in context the implication reads that Zamora made some whimisical flip-flop on the decision to play for TnT.  I won't speak for others, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who read it that way... my point, still lost on you not surprisingly, is that the decision was half made for him by the TTFF.  Yuh doh have to be no "linguistic expert" to understand that. 

And by the way... "linguistics" deals with languages... what would be applicable here would be idiomatic expression.  Apparently they didn't teach yuh dat at de "Institute"... let me know if you need me to post ah Oxford link on "Idiom" fuh yuh.

predictable...
Bring up a conversation from 3 odd years to prove a non existent point while attacking the messenger instead of sticking with the message...

Since you know it all, pray tell me what is the shortcut for the "yawn" emoticon, thanks.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 12, 2010, 09:47:54 PM »

about-face (a·bout-face)

predictable...
Bring up a conversation from 3 odd years to prove a non existent point while attacking the messenger instead of sticking with the message...

Since you know it all, pray tell me what is the shortcut for the "yawn" emoticon, thanks.

Right... right, and you with yuh "resident genious" and "linguistics expert" talk wasn't "attacking the messenger".  If yuh cyah take it then doh try and dish it.  If yuh that bored with the talk why yuh responding?

Thin-skinned much?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Zamora is back!!!!
« Reply #562 on: February 20, 2011, 06:16:31 PM »
Are we ready for Zamora,he played today for Fulham and came on as sub late in the game and looked very good and almost scored twice.TT would be silly not to offer him the chance to play and when we consider how Jones has been doing recently he is worth the effort.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora is back!!!!
« Reply #563 on: February 20, 2011, 06:21:58 PM »
u really feel he want to play for we? if england call he blanking we again
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 20, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »
Already capped by Hengland. I believe he came on as a sub against Hungary last year.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 20, 2011, 06:53:48 PM »
I thought the match against Hungary was a friendly,not sure if that counts.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 20, 2011, 07:05:37 PM »
I thought the match against Hungary was a friendly,not sure if that counts.
what counts is that he wants to play for England .... not for us !

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 20, 2011, 07:20:44 PM »
Already capped by Hengland. I believe he came on as a sub against Hungary last year.

that was a friendly, that dont count
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 20, 2011, 07:27:25 PM »
Doh really see Zamora being in England squad for 2014 at all under any circumstances

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 20, 2011, 07:31:25 PM »
Unlikely that Zamora would be in England plans... and he would be crazy to be contemplating the zoo that is Trinidad football at this point.  Big fan... good luck getting back in form Bobby  :beermug:

1]; } ?>