March 28, 2024, 11:18:11 PM

Author Topic: Bobby Zamora Thread  (Read 98289 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Zamora Thread
« Reply #660 on: January 16, 2021, 01:35:39 PM »
Well what do you know. Tell Fenwick Bobby Zamora is still available. He score the winner for Brighton over Leeds today! We have nothing to lose. Jone, Molino and Zamora. What a winning combination. And don't forget Garcia!

??? Zamora retired  from  football Deeks
I thought we retire the Dave Jenny ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 17, 2021, 12:14:01 AM »
Well what do you know. Tell Fenwick Bobby Zamora is still available. He score the winner for Brighton over Leeds today! We have nothing to lose. Jone, Molino and Zamora. What a winning combination. And don't forget Garcia!

??? Zamora retired  from  football Deeks
I thought we retire the Dave Jenny ?

Ok, Ok I go take meh bwah!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 11, 2022, 11:12:06 AM »

https://sportsworldghana.com/dont-play-for-ghana-former-west-ham-striker-bobby-zamora-advises-hudson-odoi-eddie-nketiah-tariq-lamptey/

Bobby Zamora tells Hudson-Odoi, Nketiah, Lamptey not to play for Ghana

Tariq Lamptey, Eddie Nketiah and Chelsea star Calum Hudson-Odoi have been urged to not ‘jump the gun’ by snubbing England’s international set-up.

Former West Ham striker Bobby Zamora has urged Tariq Lamptey, Eddie Nketiah and Chelsea star Calum Hudson-Odoi to not ‘jump the gun’ by snubbing England international set-up.

Zamora has recently shared his experience of being approached by Trinidad and Tobago during his own playing career but decided to wait for his England chance, which in the end proved to be the correct decision, describing his debut for the Three Lions as one of the best moments of his life.

With regards to Hudson-Odoi, the 21-year-old winger has three England caps to his name, but a 2020 FIFA rule change means that players with no more than three international appearances can make the switch, so long as they came before their 21st birthday.
Chances haven’t always come regularly for the Cobham graduate prior to his latest injury setback. However, with Hudson-Odoi still being so young, Zamora has urged him, Nketiah and Lamptey to remain patient.

“My dad is from Trinidad and Tobago, and they actually came calling when I was at Brighton,” Zamora said. I considered, but Peter Taylor had just come in, who had connections with England, and he said, ‘listen, don’t jump just yet, you’ve got the ability, and you can do this.’

“So I actually waited and got into the Under-21s, and I felt that I was good enough to play for the national team. So I bided my time to see if I could get in that England squad, and I finally did, and it was probably one of the best moments of my life.
“For the guys mentioned, they’re so close and so young. I think it’s probably a bit too early for them to jump ship. All of those guys have got the ability to make a real difference and make a big impact for England.”
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 11, 2022, 12:35:28 PM »
How many times did he play for England ? Twice and 6 times for the U21. And he have a very good chance of playing in the WC in Germany had he taken the invitation to play for TT. Birchall took his chance!!! The rest is history.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 12:39:52 PM by Deeks »

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 13, 2022, 10:59:53 AM »
Z could go fly ah Fricking kite-  It eh that he owe TnT anything any ways but the pure arrogance and self centerless and feelings that he is mightier than thou  is most disconcerting.
 Story done - 

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 14, 2022, 03:41:30 AM »
i told you guys about english lads, they live for the lions i tell you. there were many english born irish and scottish lads who refused to represent their mother country. and looking back on the whole thing, can you blame bobby zamora?

think about it, the world cup would have been his last appearance because after that jack warner banned the world cup squad over monies owed and bobby would have been embroiled in that whole embarrassing debacle.

now fast forward some 16 years later and trinidad and tobago still don't have their act together, so i say good call bobby, you dodged a poison arrow mate. these jokers in trinidad has done all but heap dirt on TT football.

every few years is bacchanal and more bacchanal, one FIFA yes man jumped off our backs and not long after he was replaced by a more ruthless one with both graving patrimony over football in trinidad and tobago.

my take is, if you're a top notch player who has the potential to play for a more establish footballing nation and chose trinidad with all it's staggering problems, then you're either reckless with your career or extremely sentimental. shucks trinidad don't even have a good league, and that bogus bush league they have produces a top notch player once in every 10 years.

trinidad and tobago football association have plenty work to do before they could attract anyone who really has a lot going for them by throwing their hats in the ring to represent TT, a country that's still owing players and coaches since 2005, you fellers can't be serious to be sore at bobby?

it could have been his own father who cussed him out and said, leave those mad people and their football alone boy and hold out for the country of your birth. i know if my son was as talented and considered trinidad i would've drove that idea so far from him, with TT football being in such a hot mess annal.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 03:44:45 AM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 14, 2022, 06:46:44 AM »
i told you guys about english lads, they live for the lions i tell you. there were many english born irish and scottish lads who refused to represent their mother country. and looking back on the whole thing, can you blame bobby zamora?

think about it, the world cup would have been his last appearance because after that jack warner banned the world cup squad over monies owed and bobby would have been embroiled in that whole embarrassing debacle.

now fast forward some 16 years later and trinidad and tobago still don't have their act together, so i say good call bobby, you dodged a poison arrow mate. these jokers in trinidad has done all but heap dirt on TT football.

every few years is bacchanal and more bacchanal, one FIFA yes man jumped off our backs and not long after he was replaced by a more ruthless one with both graving patrimony over football in trinidad and tobago.

my take is, if you're a top notch player who has the potential to play for a more establish footballing nation and chose trinidad with all it's staggering problems, then you're either reckless with your career or extremely sentimental. shucks trinidad don't even have a good league, and that bogus bush league they have produces a top notch player once in every 10 years.

trinidad and tobago football association have plenty work to do before they could attract anyone who really has a lot going for them by throwing their hats in the ring to represent TT, a country that's still owing players and coaches since 2005, you fellers can't be serious to be sore at bobby?

it could have been his own father who cussed him out and said, leave those mad people and their football alone boy and hold out for the country of your birth. i know if my son was as talented and considered trinidad i would've drove that idea so far from him, with TT football being in such a hot mess annal.

Perhaps, but it's evident Zamora considered the call.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 15, 2022, 06:18:29 PM »
All I remembered is that when the Germany WC was coming around he was mentioned prominently. But nothing came to fruition.  Even during the qualifying his name was again in the air.  Birchal came in a settle in the team. No Zamora.  Then when the continental playoff came, he was mentioned again. I remembered reading comments by Stern. He did not think Bobby was needed to that effect. And I guess we knew why.  If he had come from the beginning of the campaign like Chris, I think he would have made the team.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 15, 2022, 08:08:42 PM »
Bobby was not eligible to play in 2006 since he played under21s fifa changed the rule i think in 2008 then he was eligible to play. He was suppose to come with jlloyd but got injured . then declined for 2014
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 15, 2022, 11:14:18 PM »
Bobby was not eligible to play in 2006 since he played under21s fifa changed the rule i think in 2008 then he was eligible to play. He was suppose to come with jlloyd but got injured . then declined for 2014
Thanks . Well done Zamora. Still proud.
From Wiki
“ On 7 August 2009, it was revealed that Zamora and Jlloyd Samuel had received their Trinidadian passports, and would play for the Soca Warriors in their 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier against El Salvador on 12 August.[65] However, Zamora did not get his first cap due to an injury he picked up while training.[citation needed] His form in the 2009–10 season led to calls for Zamora to be called up to the England squad, and there had been rumours that Fabio Capello had been visiting Craven Cottage to look at his performances.[66] However, due to an Achilles injury, he was not included in Fabio Capello's provisional squad of 30 players for the run-up to the 2010 FIFA World Cup, which was announced on 11 May 2010.[67]”

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 16, 2022, 10:14:17 AM »
maxg, if that explaination is true then I will settle for that.  But during that time we were hearing all kind of things. There is almost never anything  truthful. It was same thing with DeLeon. 

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 17, 2022, 09:12:48 PM »
maxg, if that explaination is true then I will settle for that.  But during that time we were hearing all kind of things. There is almost never anything  truthful. It was same thing with DeLeon. 
But what does it matter Deeks ? In the final analysis the best who shows up should be played. And even that rarely happens. What sticking in your craw that you have to settle. Player, Staff and Admin ain’t care, we go support less ? Not at all.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 17, 2022, 11:35:40 PM »
But what does it matter Deeks ? In the final analysis the best who shows up should be played. And even that rarely happens. What sticking in your craw that you have to settle. Player, Staff and Admin ain’t care, we go support less ? Not at all.

This whole Zmora issue left many of us sour. If they had said from the beginning that  he could not play for TT because of the U-21 ruling, we could have settled. But they kept us believing he could play for TT when in truth he could not because of the rulings at the time. Then there is the DeLeon case. Almost the same thing.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 18, 2022, 07:50:48 AM »

This whole Zmora issue left many of us sour. If they had said from the beginning that  he could not play for TT because of the U-21 ruling, we could have settled. But they kept us believing he could play for TT when in truth he could not because of the rulings at the time. Then there is the DeLeon case. Almost the same thing.
Deeks look at the first couple of post of this thread. It was always unlikely.  Not until a big popular player , get the passport, fly down and actually stay or ( or at least in 1 case ) come back after the baby, there is no need to get excited. They might not get paid, they club career could be finished or undecided, reasons where they might not give their all but selected over someone slightly less talented giving of his. Many forget when Dwight was going thru those indecisive Moments, coming back, and everybody on Concacaf was stopping him, beating him to the ball etc.. he was not taking chances with his career . ( I don’t hold it against him) however if any coach sat him on the bench for more active player then, would TT have seen a World Cup in 2006 and beyond - if we doh make before we dead, we can replay the video even on our dying bed 😂 .
What is to be will be. If we want to make certain things happen, then we should work and strive for it, one way or others.  Sometimes we would get thru , sometimes we won’t. Yet, we shouldn’t sour ourselves when we get a disappointing outcome. We should Lear OUR own mistakes from those and just move on the next successful one. Well done Klay Thompson , even if yuh doh play for the Bahamas.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 19, 2022, 09:12:19 AM »
end of story
 ZUCKS

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: June 19, 2022, 09:29:21 AM »
Never expecting Klay  to play for Bahamas.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 20, 2022, 09:59:01 PM »
Never expecting Klay  to play for Bahamas.

and there you have it.

1]; } ?>