April 19, 2024, 02:58:06 PM

Author Topic: Bobby Zamora Thread  (Read 99521 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bobby Zamora Thread
« on: July 09, 2005, 11:41:14 PM »
What's the status with Zamora?

Wasn't there talk of him playing for you guys at one point? Whatever happened to that idea?

How is he connected with T&T?

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:46:40 AM by Flex »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What's the status with Zamora?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 11:59:13 PM »
Slim chance of that hapening.!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 12:45:48 AM »
trinidadian parentage.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 07:54:45 AM »
zamora status is he in the premiership with west ham..full stop.....when he tranfer to north east stars...we will consider him...piss on zamora and j lloyd
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 09:58:03 AM »
But have you heard anything since the Hexagonal began?

Surely he must know that T&T has a decent shot at qualification, especially since the 4th place team makes the playoffs (against an Asian team). And I really don't see England asking this guy to play for them.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 10:19:27 AM »

But have you heard anything since the Hexagonal began?

Surely he must know that T&T has a decent shot at qualification, especially since the 4th place team makes the playoffs (against an Asian team). And I really don't see England asking this guy to play for them.

I think you really need to ask Zamora that question, both he and the T&T hierachy know he is eligible (through his father). Bertile spoke with him during the qualifiers to the Hex....yet he is not here, I agree Bertile St Clair is no Beenhaker so he hardly could have made a good case... but still.  I think for Zamora it is more the fact that he was in and out of the side at West Ham....who were always in the hunt for a playoff place. He may have feared losing his place in the side altogether if he went off galavanting fuh some third rate international team(that is the British opinion by the way), especially with the fans on his back so much.  I can't see it any different this season in the Premiership, he is nowhere near guaranteed a place in the starting lineup even though he seems to be in favour with the Fans right now.  We can't wait for this guy at the moment maybe we should check him out after the 2006 WC

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 10:40:03 AM »

We can't wait for this guy at the moment maybe we should check him out after the 2006 WC

But if you qualify somehow I bet you would be hearing from him before the tournament begins.
- Xavi

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 07:19:51 AM »
i think zamora should be approached one last time, given leo credentials he might be able to convince him.right now we reallt need a potent attacker.
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
an open letter to Zamora
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 09:40:42 AM »
Mr.Zamora,

As a Trini national, I am appealing to you to make yourself avaliable to play for our national team. There is no other time like now since the Strike Squad that we have an opportunity to make it to the big stage.

The country has been overwhelmed by an English lad whose mother is from Trinidad and is notw playing for the national team. Chris Birchall who plays for  Port Vale; never been to Trinidad before, born in England and is only connected through his mother who left the island over 20 years is now on the regular line up.

Stern John is not in the best form and we need a striker badly. I know that previous appeals have been made to you by former coaches. But we have a bonafide coach in Beenhakker former manager of Ajax. The TNT team is showing vast improvements and discipline.However we do need  aformidable striker up front. From all accounts of what I ahve read about you, you could provide a much needed  threat to counter Mexico's Borgetti.

Would you please consider  the offer? Check out  http://www.socawarriors.net and view the forum
Cheers
 A TRINI

P.S. Give Shaka a call nah; talk to the real capt: Dwight Yorke.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 10:00:23 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 11:07:36 AM »

Wednesday 12th January, 2005

Eyes on West Ham’s Bobby Zamora

Matter of time

©2003-2004 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited 
 This is the man being sought by national football coach Bertille St Clair to help take T&T to its first World Cup in Germany 2006.
English-born Bobby Zamora has such an interesting profile that he could wear the “Soca Warrior” shirt once he accepts citizenship.

Over the past four years the footballer, who at age 15, was said to be too short to be a professional had been on the watch list of several top English Premiership clubs.

Zamora has been eyed by T&T since 2001, being approached by then coach Ian Porterfield to join a training camp. However, an injury got the better of him and he had to turn down the offer.

Although presently at West Ham United, Zamora was linked with a loan move two months ago to Cardiff City, who was said to be keen to take him to Ninian Park on a permanent basis.

Zamora has superb abilities as a goalscorer and with T&T going through a drought in this department, St Clair is eager to have the talented striker join the squad for the upcoming final qualification round of the World Cup which begins on Ash Wednesday (February 9) against the United States at Queen’s Park Oval.

In addition to having an unerring shot, Zamore has blossomed into a big lad who is strong on the ball, mobile and good in the air.

Something that is overlooked is his movement off the ball, which makes him an outlet from defence and also creates space for others.

A couple weeks ago, the English Under-21 player sat down in talks with St Clair in London and it could be only a matter of time before fans see what the striker has to offer up front for the “Soca Warriors”.

Ironically, Zamore began his career at the tender age of 11 at West Ham.

The player, whose father is Trinidadian, had been a hit for English First Division side Brighton as he scored 34 goals in 49 league appearances at the end of the 2000/2001 season.

Prior to that, he had also enjoyed an impressive record with Bristol Rovers.

Zamora spent four years at West Ham from the age of 11 until 14, having signed from Sunday side Senrab along with John Terry (Chelsea), Lloyd Samuel (Aston Villa), Paul Konchesky (Charlton) and West Ham products Joe Cole and Michael Carrick.

He left the “Hammers” after a falling out with the coaches and spent a brief spell with Chelsea before joining the Canaries. He was released at the age of 15 for being too short to become a professional. Southend offered him a traineeship but he rejected it, chosing to move to Bristol Rovers as it meant living away from home.

Zamora made his mark during loan spells to Bath and Brighton, the latter destination seeing six goals in six league appearances.

As he had not scored in his four appearances for Rovers, they were happy to sell him to Brighton in the summer of 2000 for £100,000. His impressive scoring record continued with 34 goals in 49 league appearances as of the end of the 2000/01 season.

Celtic, Ipswich, Southampton, Monaco and Newcastle were all said to be watching this young talent although only ambitious Cardiff City had made a formal offer of £1.2million.

Cardiff manager Alan Cork was told to up his bid to £2million. Birmingham City entered the race for his signature in February 2001 soon after he was approached to play for T&T.

At the same time, the Wigan manager Bruce Rioch had a £1.5million bid rejected by Brighton. At the end of February 2001, Middlesboro became the latest side to be linked with the young South Coast hotshot whilst Bolton were linked in a £1.5million move in mid-March. His 28 goals by April 28 were instrumental in leading Brighton out of Division Three and into Division Two at the end of the 2000/01 season.

In May 2001, Charlton, Southampton and Wimbledon were all linked with signing Zamora with Southampton the favourites if they appoint Brighton boss Micky Adams as their new supremo. In June 2001, both Portsmouth and Crystal Palace enquiried about signing Zamora but were told firmly by Brighton that they would only sell to a big club.

A month later, Cardiff allegedly offered the requested £2million. Towards the end of August, Southampton were alleged to have returned with a £3million bid whilst The Sunday People claimed on August 26 that Kevin Keegan's Manchester City were preparing a £2million swoop. Whilst these were little more than tabloid speculation, it was confirmed that Southampton had made a £1.75million bid for Zamore at the end of August. The Manchester City link resurfaced at the start of October — possibly as a kickstart to their stuttering season.

In the same month, Brighton manager Micky Adams quit to become assistant to Dave Bassett at struggling Premiership side Leicester. It was highly expected that Bassett and Adams' first move would be to sign Zamora, possibly to replace Ade Akinbiyi. It was also reported that Everton were preparing a £2million bid for Zamora whilst other reports linked him with Spurs.

The following weekend saw West Ham linked with a £3million swoop. On December 29, the media linked him with a £3.5million move to Middlesbrough that was rejected by Albion. Everton were the next side to be regularly linked with Zamora. In January 2002, it was speculated that Everton boss Walter Smith was preparing a £3million move but after watching Bobby's below-par performance for Brighton at Preston in the FA Cup, this was reduced to £1.5million plus add-ons.

Brighton was said to be uninterested, possibly because the media began linking West Ham with a £4million swoop. The next side to show an interest was Crystal Palace who was said to be deliberating between him, Stern John (Nottingham Forest) or Ade Akinbiyi (Leicester) before they swooped for the latter.

His goals led Brighton to the Division Two title and he was selected for the PFA Division Two representative side.

Speculation linking Zamora with a move to White Hart Lane resurfaced at the beginning of August that year with him saying to be disillusioned with the lack of ambition shown by the Seagulls. In November, transfer speculation resurfaced with Middlesborough, Southampton and Spurs all linked with a £3m move for the promising young striker.

After a period of quiet, rumours began circulating in March 2003 that Spurs' major summer signing would be Zamora for £4million. And, at the end of the month, speculation was rife that Leicester would approach Brighton to sign Andy for £3million if Leicester were promoted to the Premiership.

Just over a month later and the speculation switched back to Spurs with Tottenham alleged by the Evening Standard to be signing Zamora and West Brom's Jason Roberts to form a new striking partnership to replace Terry Sherringham and Sergei Rebrov.

The Spurs speculation finally became fact on July 18 when Bobby joined the White Hart Lane side for £1.5million.

"I'm overjoyed. It has taken a long time but now I'm looking forward to the challenge of playing in the Premiership,” said Zamora.

"I know it will be different but it is up to me to learn and work hard and hope I get games." Glenn Hoddle, who made the signing, added: "I like his movement. He is a clever player. He has a few strings to his bow and he's shown what a talent he's got to be able to take on different roles and produce the goods.”

His first appearance in a Spurs shirt came two days later against Oxford in which he scored. He then scored again in the 3-0 defeat of Norwich on July 22. On October 29, he went on to score the lone winner against West Ham, the team he would join some months later.

Zamora found it hard to settle at Spurs and in January 2004, it was suggested that he might join West Ham, possibly as part of a deal that would take Jermaine Defoe to White Hart Lane. This materialised on the last day that the transfer window was open (February 2) with Zamora rejoining his former club.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 12:30:20 PM »
Has he been approached since Beenhakker became coach?
- Xavi

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 12:59:50 PM »
Alberta, stop begging already.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 01:11:31 PM »
Ehhehe me eh begging I following up on teh man thread and asking the question; I could care less about them men and they agenda fuh representing we or not ah just want tuh know where we stand with these men.

SIMPLE and ah done!!!

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 01:45:06 PM »
Mr.Zamora,

As a Trini national, I am appealing to you to make yourself avaliable to play for our national team. There is no other time like now since the Strike Squad that we have an opportunity to make it to the big stage.

The country has been overwhelmed by an English lad whose mother is from Trinidad and is notw playing for the national team. Chris Birchall who plays for  Port Vale; never been to Trinidad before, born in England and is only connected through his mother who left the island over 20 years is now on the regular line up.

Stern John is not in the best form and we need a striker badly. I know that previous appeals have been made to you by former coaches. But we have a bonafide coach in Beenhakker former manager of Ajax. The TNT team is showing vast improvements and discipline.However we do need  aformidable striker up front. From all accounts of what I ahve read about you, you could provide a much needed  threat to counter Mexico's Borgetti.

Would you please consider  the offer? Check out  http://www.socawarriors.net and view the forum
Cheers
 A TRINI

P.S. Give Shaka a call nah; talk to the real capt: Dwight Yorke.

The above quote is you begging Alberta, I think you post so much you lose track of some of the things you write.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Has Zamora sign yet?
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 11:28:06 AM »
I eh no fan of anyone who  refuse tuh play with we, but just in case man change dey mind ah heard before where the coach say the door always open.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 11:39:10 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora signs with Spurs
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 11:33:14 AM »
Alberta:

Why are you posting news articles from two years ago?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora signs with Spurs
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 11:38:02 AM »
Oh sh...t ah mess up  on dat one !!!!!!!! i WAS TRYING TO FIND OUT IF THE MAN SIGN AS YET; I will modify.

Thanks Big Toe.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 11:40:06 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Re: Has Zamora sign yet?
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 02:07:05 PM »
I was wondering why the Spurs signed him again. :o

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Zamora ''I'm fully committed''
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2005, 11:28:42 PM »

Last Updated: Wednesday, 26 October 2005, 01:31 GMT 02:31 UK

Trinidad Calls In The Big Guns

Bobby Zamora (Below) today announce his full commitment to Trinidad & Tobago, the
birthplace of his father. The decision came after months of deliberation between Bobby and
Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker. Zamora, 24, told the News of the World back in
August: "Trinidad is my dad's country and to play in the finals would be a dream but West Ham
are more important. His change of mind has been sparked by Trinidad and Tobago's recent form
which has seen them reach the inter-continental play off with Bahrain for one of the last spots
at next years World Cup Finals in Germany. The first leg of the play off will be played in Port Of
Spain,Trinidad 12th Nov 11:30pm GMT. Zamora who has already been included into Leo
Beenhakker's Squad for the 2 legged affair along with Aston Villa full back Jlloyd Samuel will leave
London for Piaco on the 7th November in accordance with Fifa's 5 day release rule.

Bobby Zamora showing his pace Zamora, the pride of East London

Zamora ''I'm fully committed to Trinidad and Tobago now, in the past I had my doubts. Nobody wants to play for a team that gets humiliated and thats how i saw Trinidad. The 4 - 1 defeat to Scotland done little to convince me and after the 5 - 1 loss to Guatemala I really wasnt interested. infact the real reason why i've decided to play for Trinidad is because Leo Beenhakker has graphic photos of me and my lover David Nakhid bulling at my east London home and has threatened to release them in next weeks Sunday Punch if I don't play. I admit what i've done is wrong, and i know im a bloody waggonist but i really hope the people of Trinidad dont hold it against me, I promise to play with all my heart and Shaka Hislop is in the prosess of teaching how to lime and check woman.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 08:36:41 AM by Tallman »

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora ''I'm fully committed''
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2005, 11:36:13 PM »
Zamora is a alright player. i would like him on the team but i hope he fully committed man. Our future is looking bright once zamora and samuel commit themselves to trinidad football. we could be a team to reckon with in 2010 world cup qualifiers. The one thing i like about leo beenhakher is that he is not an emotional guy. I believe in the coach and if he think the addition off zamora and samuel and get us over the last hurdle, then i support him.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2005, 11:54:34 PM »
Zamora ''I'm fully committed to Trinidad and Tobago now, in the past I had my doubts. Nobody wants to play for a team that gets humiliated and thats how i saw Trinidad. The 4 - 1 defeat to Scotland done little to convince me and after the 5 - 1 loss to Guatemala I really wasnt interested. infact the real reason why i've decided to play for Trinidad is because Leo Beenhakker has graphic photos of me and my lover David Nakhid bulling at my east London home and has threatened to release them in next weeks Sunday Punch if I don't play. I admit what i've done is wrong, and i know im a bloody waggonist but i really hope the people of Trinidad dont hold it against me, I promise to play with all my heart and Shaka Hislop is in the prosess of teaching how to lime and check woman.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 08:37:10 AM by Tallman »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2005, 12:27:33 AM »
pioneer nearly dead meh dey, had 2 read it twice  :rotfl:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2005, 12:30:10 AM »
Pioneer yuh mek mih day  :devil: :rotfl: :devil: :devil: :rotfl: :devil: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2005, 12:42:38 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Allyuh fellas is real kicks oui...

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2005, 12:50:34 AM »
haha pioneer you had me going with that second part for a while haha.
as for zamora, he can come train here all he want, but me personally dont want him, as is the sentiment most here believe(rightfully so).
Hart for president

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2005, 12:58:23 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Pioneer....is flikkin midnight out here on de West Coast...3 flikkin am in de mornin in Trini.....and I BUSSIN LAFF wit dis one!!

After a stressful day at wuk....ah really needed dis one!!

Thanx breddrin.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 08:37:30 AM by Tallman »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2005, 01:25:13 AM »
steuppssssssssssssssss boy  :rotfl:

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2005, 03:10:18 AM »

Last Updated: Wednesday, 26 October 2005, 01:31 GMT 02:31 UK

Trinidad Calls In The Big Guns

Bobby Zamora (Below) today announce his full commitment to Trinidad & Tobago, the
birthplace of his father. The decision came after months of deliberation between Bobby and
Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker. Zamora, 24, told the News of the World back in
August: "Trinidad is my dad's country and to play in the finals would be a dream but West Ham
are more important. His change of mind has been sparked by Trinidad and Tobago's recent form
which has seen them reach the inter-continental play off with Bahrain for one of the last spots
at next years World Cup Finals in Germany. The first leg of the play off will be played in Port Of
Spain,Trinidad 12th Nov 11:30pm GMT. Zamora who has already been included into Leo
Beenhakker's Squad for the 2 legged affair along with Aston Villa full back Jlloyd Samuel will leave
London for Piaco on the 7th November in accordance with Fifa's 5 day release rule.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah nearly choke on meh bake sah. Allyuh go kill people.

LMFAO  ;D
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2005, 03:56:39 AM »
De whole neighbourhood want to know why i laughing so hard this hour in de morning!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

this site have de greatest set ah men in de world!!!

ah love it!!

ah love it bad!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2005, 05:50:38 AM »
boy dat is set-up..ah man reading and thinking finally Zamora come out and makes a public statement..then...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: a great way to start ah pressure filled day..
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 06:32:06 AM by Jumbie »

1]; } ?>