March 29, 2024, 08:34:44 AM

Author Topic: Bobby Zamora Thread  (Read 98302 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora's next stop - T&T.
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2009, 10:20:33 PM »
Fork Zamora dread wha wrong wit allyuh?! steups...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2009, 10:30:38 PM »

Pure emotions and no common sense will not help our very slim chance of still qualifying for SA next year!!

Read some of the posts above and see if you can temper your emotions long enough to see the logic in us having more quality competition for places! Why did you think Man Utd won the Premiership two years in a row? Good strong manager and deep squad, that's why!

Plus its not like if we at the top of our group in the Hex and man just want to join the squad for an easy ride into the World Cup after others have already done all of the hard work, is it?  ::)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:34:09 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2009, 10:36:41 PM »

Pure emotions and no common sense will not help our very slim chance of still qualifying for SA next year!!

Read some of the posts above and see if you can temper your emotions long enough to see the logic in us having more quality competition for places!

Plus iss not like if we at the top of our group in the Hex and man just want to join the squad for an easy ride into the World Cup, after others have already done all of the hard work, is it?  ::)

we doh need he breds..

let me tell you what its like; its like a man who suddenly sees a waning career with no chance of ever making the English national team and now deciding to throw a bone Trinidad's way... I have much more respect for Birchall, who was interested in putting his heart into our effort at the first offer, than this mercenary name Zamora who shunned us the first time around and now 'seeing the light'.

The difference between Birchall and Zamora is that i guarantee that if we loss all hope, Birchall will still be willing to come back and play while Zamora will probably shun us at the first sign of fire.. mark my words..

Like i said, Fork Zamora... twice!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2009, 10:51:42 PM »

Read some of the posts above and see if you can temper your emotions long enough to see the logic in us having more quality competition for places!

Plus iss not like if we at the top of our group in the Hex and man just want to join the squad for an easy ride into the World Cup, after others have already done all of the hard work, is it?  ::)

we doh need he breds..

let me tell you what its like; its like a man who suddenly sees a waning career with no chance of ever making the English national team and now deciding to throw a bone Trinidad's way... I have much more respect for Birchall, who was interested in putting his heart into our effort at the first offer, than this mercenary name Zamora who shunned us the first time around and now 'seeing the light'.

The difference between Birchall and Zamora is that i guarantee that if we loss all hope, Birchall will still be willing to come back and play while Zamora will probably shun us at the first sign of fire.. mark my words..

Got news for you! It’s only a few of us die-hard fools here on this forum who still believe that all hope for T&T qualifying for South Africa isn't gone!!

This is the best time possible for the man to join our squad! If he can help turn things around then he will have earned his ticket to South Africa and I would be the first to shake his hand and drape him with a T&T flag when I travel to South Africa next year!!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2009, 10:59:10 PM »
Hear nah Bobby come boy...open arms to you....last world cup we were pretty much in the same predicament and Birchill came out of the woodwork...let this be your turn .....
Doe frighten yuh goe gel well....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2009, 11:59:01 PM »
What the hell  :o :o :o :o

Wow what a surprise we now have 5 premier league players...

Actually, if Zamora and Jlloyd are capped we will have 6... including Scotty, Carlos, Jones and Tony Warner.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2009, 12:37:23 AM »
WE  don't fackin need him!! we need defenders , we already have enough forwards. >:(
how much goals dem forwards scorin again? remind me nah...ah cyah remember

ent..although i am not  a fan of zamora and his waggonist tail, our forwards not scoring although plenty ppl on dis forum boasting of our riches up front....riches does shine and our forwards are not shining.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2009, 12:51:47 AM »
and what makes Zamora so special again.?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2009, 01:01:18 AM »
I have much more respect for Birchall, who was interested in putting his heart into our effort at the first offer
What a coincidence that the ones that accept at first offer are the ones with no other international options. If Birchall was in the picture for England, we definitely weren't seeing him either.

I have no problem being second choice. I'd be naive to expect otherwise. As long as them fellas committed and cooperative when they do choose, I welcome them.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 01:03:14 AM by Cool Beans »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2009, 05:18:20 AM »
I dunno why they calling up this shit hound  ...he outright say he didnt wanna play for TT and he is nothing special why do we keep doing this to ourselves?...we don't need him ....shitsnake
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 05:45:21 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora ''I'm fully committed''
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2009, 05:26:38 AM »
Ah guess is de right time to revisit dis thread.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2009, 05:28:59 AM »
My only issue with Zamora is what everyone should already know, I have no real opinion on him as a player. When things were going well for him in his career, we weren't worth considering. When things were in the balance for him at West Ham (and things weren't so rosy for us in qualifying) he blatantly said his career with the Hammers was his priority...fair enough, I excepted that! Yet when we qualified even though his club situation hadn't changed suddenly his career with West Ham wasn't so important and we were worth the effort. Thankfully his messing around made him lose that chance, but he wasn't that bothered at the time. Now that the rules change and he knows his chances with England are dead and he isn't an elite striker anymore (not that he ever really was).......yeah, no problem T&T go do. I'm sure people will accuse me of having my opinion tainted by emotion....well, yes it is and I not bothered. If we pick him I will still support the team as I want us to succeed but lets see what happens after the qualifiers are over, especially (god forbid) if we don't get to South Africa. Will he still be requesting consideration for selection then.

Personally I don't think he is any better than what we already have, yes he improves competition for places and he is a different type of player to Stern, Jones & Scotland. But so are Glenn, Roberts and to a lesser extent Sealy, why not give them (especially Roberts) an oppertunity to show what they can offer. The key thing is we have many striking options but you could only pick so may strikers in a starting XI and our main issue is the defense.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2009, 05:30:37 AM »
GIVE MR ROBERTS A CHANCE

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2009, 05:47:33 AM »
hahahahaha :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2009, 05:51:31 AM »
My only issue with Zamora is what everyone should already know, I have no real opinion on him as a player. When things were going well for him in his career, we weren't worth considering. When things were in the balance for him at West Ham (and things weren't so rosy for us in qualifying) he blatantly said his career with the Hammers was his priority...fair enough, I excepted that! Yet when we qualified even though his club situation hadn't changed suddenly his career with West Ham wasn't so important and we were worth the effort. Thankfully his messing around made him lose that chance, but he wasn't that bothered at the time. Now that the rules change and he knows his chances with England are dead and he isn't an elite striker anymore (not that he ever really was).......yeah, no problem T&T go do. I'm sure people will accuse me of having my opinion tainted by emotion....well, yes it is and I not bothered. If we pick him I will still support the team as I want us to succeed but lets see what happens after the qualifiers are over, especially (god forbid) if we don't get to South Africa. Will he still be requesting consideration for selection then.

Personally I don't think he is any better than what we already have, yes he improves competition for places and he is a different type of player to Stern, Jones & Scotland. But so are Glenn, Roberts and to a lesser extent Sealy, why not give them (especially Roberts) an oppertunity to show what they can offer. The key thing is we have many striking options but you could only pick so may strikers in a starting XI and our main issue is the defense.

Rodney you are so right  ... this guy is a waggonist if ever I see one  ... it's certainly not the kinda criteria you look for in a national team player and it's painfully evident that we need defensive reinforcements rather than offensive pretenders. Offensively we just need to get the chemistry right with the choice of the right players ...we tend to pick the best team on paper but chemistry , committment and understanding isn't measured on paper but rather on the pitch.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2009, 05:55:00 AM »
I dunno why they calling up this shit hound  ...he outright say he didnt wanna play for TT and he is nothing special why do we keep doing this to ourselves?...we don't need him ....shitsnake

everyone has options and looks out for them selves .. yorke and latapy walk away from our 2001 WCQ and people welcome them back with open arms in 2005 so why people so hard on bobby. yorke put manu before trinidad in 2001 , latapy was a no show in a crucial game against the usa in 1996 shaka tried to play for england before so why people so hard on zamora .... we don't need him but we need jones scotty and stern who firing blanks ..... ent ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2009, 05:57:04 AM »
My only issue with Zamora is what everyone should already know, I have no real opinion on him as a player. When things were going well for him in his career, we weren't worth considering. When things were in the balance for him at West Ham (and things weren't so rosy for us in qualifying) he blatantly said his career with the Hammers was his priority...fair enough, I excepted that! Yet when we qualified even though his club situation hadn't changed suddenly his career with West Ham wasn't so important and we were worth the effort.

ent yorke used to do that  :o
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2009, 06:01:21 AM »
How much goals Zamora score last year?

and he supposed to be this saviour?

How is Zamora enhancing the development of our football? I rather give his place to a youth like Roberts, it would be better for the future.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2009, 06:23:41 AM »

we doh need he breds..

That's all well and good but that decision is not up to us it's up to the coach and staff,plus we ent winning nothing so far with the current pool ah players we have, let me say this if peeps on this site have a problem with team selection it's simple don't watch the games,doh stress yuhself out with things you don't have control over,we could have a healthy conversation without questioning a man patriotism to country we ent flies on ah wall hearing possibly negative things zamora saying about his dads country or otherwise positive things.

Everyone operates differently in this life some make decisions quickly some are slow and take years to respond simply to asses their worth....     

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2009, 06:24:29 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: jesus dis is d kinda shit I miss out on boy y alyuh doh have dese tings  cataloged somewhere.............ah does still go back to "jack is ah drunkard" wen ah need cheering up
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 07:38:54 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2009, 06:28:23 AM »
My only issue with Zamora is what everyone should already know, I have no real opinion on him as a player. When things were going well for him in his career, we weren't worth considering. When things were in the balance for him at West Ham (and things weren't so rosy for us in qualifying) he blatantly said his career with the Hammers was his priority...fair enough, I excepted that! Yet when we qualified even though his club situation hadn't changed suddenly his career with West Ham wasn't so important and we were worth the effort.

ent yorke used to do that  :o

The difference being, by then Yorke had represented us at all age levels, helped us qualify and played in an U-20 World Cup and had played in a committed way for the national Team at least up until he went to England. Yes, both Yorke and Lata's had stages where they treated the national side like ah 'Fair weather friend' but neither of them ever decided to wait for T&T to qualify for a World Cup before deciding to rejoin the national fold. Yorke could always argue disillusionment with the national setup.....being as Zamora never actually play for us his only argument would be he didn't think we were worth the effort. There are even more things I could say, but ah doh want to write ah novel. Suffice to say I can't agree with your comparison.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2009, 06:41:58 AM »
GIVE MR ROBERTS A CHANCE

cosign (copyright weary)

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2009, 07:14:01 AM »
Just a thought, everyone talking bout Samuel and Zamora. What about Hoyte, he also turned us down...at least he was very clear with his reasons why. But now his England situation is pretty dead as well, especially as he get relegated and he is ah defender. Maybe we sould give him ah call.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2009, 07:24:06 AM »
if its in reference to zamora taking roberts place, i not for that, but at least let the man play, hislop at one point was also on the verge of playing for england as opposed to us, so whats the big deal, men seem to forget, if birchall was a big player in england he would have opt first for england.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2009, 07:25:39 AM »
Give the man a chance, and let us see how commited he is to the cause.  It is very possible for him to come and give his all for the country of his father's birth.

He might very well turn out to be one of our more committed players.

ps: men talking about birchall and birchall's committment, just remember that Birchall came here with nothing to lose since he was never part of the English National Team set up and was not even a regular starter at League One Port Vale.  The seson he first played for us was his break through season.  

You can only compare Birchall if he had a realistic chance of representing England (at any level) and shunned them to play for us.  Zamora, at one point, was one solid premiership season from an England call up.

GIVE DE MAN A CHANCE

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2009, 07:25:58 AM »
niceness...look at KJ score goals now

Ent! He coming to play might not be at scoring goals...but by making men step up their game. It should help add pressure for men to produce...  Hopefully it’s not to late for the addition of both lads. Welcome home Fellers!  :)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 17, 2009, 07:26:32 AM »
Keep alyuh words sorf and tender...come Aug 12 you may need to need to eat them.

Why the hate? Ent alyuh complain kenwyne cyar trap, he playing shit and throwing way.

Ent Stern back ent good?

Ent Scotland have a opening game for he new club 2 days later and ent want to get injured for he big debut?

Ent Baptiste throwing way penalty?

Who else we have Jorsling?

Bobby come and touch the Hasley and score goal yes...once you score or assist and we win the game all man go be singing praises.

Alyuh doh be no hypocrite here...it ent have no moral or standards on this TT side. Friend ting and politics pick players worse that Zamora to sweat for we. It had digi cup, all the x amount of friendlies against guyana and grenada and the other WCQ to step up....eventually all get found out.

Cyd, Patterson and Roberts not making this side, Julius James all of the names people calling...they days over. If the admin wanted them they coulda come long time.

Bring Zamora we cyar do no worse we done LAST!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2009, 07:27:59 AM »
One of the greatest posts in History, i will never forget the neighbour calling my house to make sure i was allright!!

This was when this board was de greatest thing since slice bread
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2009, 07:30:24 AM »
One of the greatest posts in History, i will never forget the neighbour calling my house to make sure i was allright!!

This was when this board was de greatest thing since slice bread

yea boy, i remember reading this article and all of a sudden the punchline hit meh, ah laugh oui, jus like big mag interview with the ja coach  ;D classics, but mr 3000 i tend to disagree with you, the old board was even better at a time, yuh remember?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 17, 2009, 07:31:48 AM »
 If that come here and score ah goal and we win de game. Watch how everybody go fall in love with Bobby.  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>