March 28, 2024, 04:54:45 AM

Author Topic: Bobby Zamora Thread  (Read 98268 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora gets England Call up
« Reply #600 on: May 23, 2011, 09:55:19 PM »
so wham MEP..i cant congratulate a man with tnt roots ??...
yuh have meh worried......yuh en cuss him......

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #601 on: May 24, 2011, 02:15:34 AM »
well done Bob...good luck...enjoy

play de fitball...sorry sorry...play your football lad

:o :o :o
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 24, 2011, 02:44:24 AM »
I never understood the hate showed by many on this MB when Zamora indicated that he was interested in playing for England,some others with Trini roots did the same but Zamora gets the cussing.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 24, 2011, 05:08:50 AM »
so wham MEP..i cant congratulate a man with tnt roots ??...
yuh have meh worried......yuh en cuss him......

:rotfl: :rotfl:
For a few seconds there I was confused as to why MEP asking BM if he alright.....then I remembered....how could I have forgotten..... ;D 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 24, 2011, 06:10:04 AM »
I cuss de man when he said no..i congratulate him on his call up...no big deal
and will do it again to any other
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 24, 2011, 06:24:44 AM »
Good luck Bobby!!

Not showing up at the airport for the flight for the game against Honduras finally paid off, lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 24, 2011, 06:37:14 AM »
I cuss de man when he said no..i congratulate him on his call up...no big deal
and will do it again to any other
ok ok I understand...it eh nuttin personal....respect

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 24, 2011, 08:48:35 AM »
tnt first and always man...forever...until i pop up in some life somewhere in Belarus or someting
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 26, 2011, 11:14:03 AM »
I think Zamora is letting them use him.. and honestly he has to consider that the english team really has no place for him once the starters are fit and back. as for the call up he has to make the most of it, to play for england is a big dream for any serious footballer but he has to keep his nerve and understand the order of things.

Shame on tnt for been so lacks.. with these players. but i never got the impression that bobby would work out for us.. he is too direct and predictable esp in concacaf ..

when he played for us he didnt show the kind of spirit that makes a soca warrior. and it seemed like he didnt want to play for us in the first place.. also he didnt make an impact on the side nor did i see any kinda of respect and love from him towards this country and the team itself. there.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:17:38 AM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 26, 2011, 12:07:31 PM »
I think Zamora is letting them use him.. and honestly he has to consider that the english team really has no place for him once the starters are fit and back. as for the call up he has to make the most of it, to play for england is a big dream for any serious footballer but he has to keep his nerve and understand the order of things.

Shame on tnt for been so lacks.. with these players. but i never got the impression that bobby would work out for us.. he is too direct and predictable esp in concacaf ..

when he played for us he didnt show the kind of spirit that makes a soca warrior. and it seemed like he didnt want to play for us in the first place.. also he didnt make an impact on the side nor did i see any kinda of respect and love from him towards this country and the team itself. there.
When he played for us? Bobby never played for us got called up about THREE times but never entered the country...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 01:08:57 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 26, 2011, 12:50:38 PM »
Bobby Zamora is the gift that keeps on giving... one man say "when he played for us", next man correct him and say he get "called up many times".

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 26, 2011, 01:07:39 PM »
Bobby Zamora is the gift that keeps on giving... one man say "when he played for us", next man correct him and say he get "called up many times".
K gonna change it and put 3 times cause i know its about that...

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 26, 2011, 01:33:49 PM »
What do we have to offer people like Zamora ??? ??? ??? No real professional would take a serious look at us. Our administration is in a mess.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 26, 2011, 02:12:50 PM »
What do we have to offer people like Zamora ??? ??? ??? No real professional would take a serious look at us. Our administration is in a mess.

sad but true
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #614 on: May 26, 2011, 02:30:54 PM »

When he played for us? Bobby never played for us got called up about THREE times but never entered the country...
Man thought he was in the Ricky Shakes thread, yes.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: May 26, 2011, 02:34:23 PM »

Wah yuh mean....If he did ever touch down and hit  up Zen he woulda sweat for we de very next day. Ask Birchall  :devil:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 04, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »
England down 1-0 with only one forward playing and Zamora the only striker on the bench...this whole ordeal looks likely to end today.

EDIT: England just made their final substitution, no Zamora, let the ordeal continue (even if only in the supporters minds).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 11:21:15 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 04, 2011, 07:12:37 PM »
England down 1-0 with only one forward playing and Zamora the only striker on the bench...this whole ordeal looks likely to end today.

EDIT: England just made their final substitution, no Zamora, let the ordeal continue (even if only in the supporters minds).

The Saga continues. I would have brought him on for bent in about the 73rd minute.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 04, 2011, 08:20:11 PM »

The Saga continues. I would have brought him on for bent in about the 73rd minute.

Bobby Zamora doh come here and post... the "saga" only continues because men like allyuh dragging it on 4-5 years now.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #619 on: June 04, 2011, 08:30:46 PM »

Bobby Zamora doh come here and post... the "saga" only continues because men like allyuh dragging it on 4-5 years now.

ent, zamora doh study us but ppl here always talking abt how he ignore us...the man free to play for whoever he feel committed to. 

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 04, 2011, 08:39:57 PM »

NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo........ why Capello ain't play de man.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 11, 2011, 11:11:56 AM »
Was Zamora called up for England in the recent Euro 2012 qualifiers ?

We could use him.

Who vex with my request, tha's them.

England playing Spain tomorrow...

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 11, 2011, 11:17:28 AM »
i think Bobby Zamora would've made his name in trinidad and tobago team. Playing for England is good too. but i fine he should play for tnt.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 11, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »

We could use him.

I not sure if he play any games, cant remember
Youtube Channel

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 11, 2011, 11:33:28 AM »
Why we still on Zamora???

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 11, 2011, 12:28:46 PM »

We could use him.

Yes he was called up by Eng., but was on de bench and did not play in their last game. He most likely will play tomorrow though as Eng already qualified for Europe and Rooney suspended.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 11, 2011, 01:12:15 PM »

We could use him.

The man has no desire to play for us.  Let this thread die nah.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 11, 2011, 01:34:42 PM »

We could use him.

The man has no desire to play for us.  Let this thread die nah.

THANK YOU

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Zamora says injury stopped him from playing for T&T
« Reply #628 on: October 11, 2012, 06:19:06 AM »

Zamora says injury stopped him from playing for T&T

Trinidad Guardian

Published: Thursday, October 11, 2012
by Shaun Fuentes

In 2005, English-born striker, Bobby Zamora, along with defender Jlloyd Samuel, turned down invitations to play for T&T in the qualifiers, and at the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany. Zamora definitely would have made the final squad for Germany, but blanked T&T for the chance of an England call up, which still did not come until late 2009.

During the qualification for the 2010 World Cup, Zamora earned two further invitations to join the T&T team. This week he confirmed that another injury ruled out his T&T debut while he still regrets not being able to play in a World Cup.

“If I had been fit in 2009, I possibly would never have played for England,” the 31-year-old told Standard Sport.

“The tickets were sorted and everything was ready to go out there. It was just a case that I played on the weekend before and couldn’t complete the game. So I couldn’t go to play for Trinidad. I turned it down in 2005, just waiting to see if I could progress and make the step up with England but only injury stopped me four years later.”

In 2010, the Achilles tendon injury flared up again and Fabio Capello left Zamora out of his final squad for South Africa. That made Zamora regret even more his earlier decision to blank T&T. At age 33 in 2014, it’s not likely he will make the England squad for Brazil.

“I missed the World Cup with my Achilles, which is gutting. I am still a bit gutted about it,” he said.

“I broke my leg as well and that was a big blow. I suppose injuries are part of football. That’s just the way I see it. Maybe the one for Trinidad worked out because I got to play for England but then again I missed out on the World Cup. I’m just glad to be playing every week now.”

Lack of fans shocks visitors

Visiting officials from Central America were amazed at the lack of spectators at the Ato Boldon Stadium for last week’s Concacaf Champion’s League game between W Connection and Chivas de Guadalajara.

“Oh my God, the people don’t really like football in Trinidad don’t they?” was the question they asked.

They could not understand how at $40 (less than US$7), there was not even 300 fans at the venue with one of the most powerful clubs in the region and most popular in Mexico on location.

I myself couldn’t understand. I thought even if you’re not a W Connection fan or perhaps unhappy with the results of the national team, at least you would want to come and see a top club which boast four members of the Mexican 2012 Olympic Gold medal winning team.

In the away match two weeks earlier, just under 6,000 fans showed up at the OmniLife Stadium in Guadalajara. So I asked myself, what about the various coaching schools in Trinidad, the secondary school players, the so many coaches and administrators, the sport management and media students and recent graduates? Are they not curious to be up close to a world rated club? Don’t they want to see how Concacaf puts on a game that still managed to have a world class look on Fox Sports and ESPN despite the empty stands.

Some 30 million persons reportedly watched the match live on TV in Mexico. At least they learnt that the Ato Boldon Stadium is located in a placed called Couva in Trinidad and they saw Clyde Leon’s spectacular free kick goal.

Aside from his goal, the other highlight for me was hearing an eight year-old kid tell his father, “Daddy’s that a big side we watching play football.”

At least there’s the chance that twenty years down the road he will recall the day he saw Chivas live and up close.

• Shaun Fuentes is the media officer for Soca Warriors/TTFF. Follow him on Twitter @ProLook2006

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora says injury stopped him from playing for T&T
« Reply #629 on: October 11, 2012, 06:31:20 AM »
Yeah rite.

As for supporters I believe people just fedup. I remember when Jabloteh played Chicago fire a while back, the HCS was pack.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:34:27 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>