March 28, 2024, 03:55:01 AM

Author Topic: Bobby Zamora Thread  (Read 98265 times)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora says injury stopped him from playing for T&T
« Reply #630 on: October 11, 2012, 09:08:27 AM »
Does he know he is still eligible for T&T?  We could send Big Mag over with a personal invite.  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 11, 2012, 09:45:18 AM »
Agreed nobody stopping him from coming back.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 11, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »
Why don't we just ignore that prima donna!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 11, 2012, 10:18:26 AM »
Zamora could haul he mudda cu*t

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 11, 2012, 10:48:33 AM »

What do you mean by "coming back"... to represent TnT after a full England call up? As for the continued criticism, the man was hurt when he supposedly 'blank' we in 2009, he missed the next two starts for Fulham.  And then there was the whole ticket fiasco when Jlloyd show up at the airport in England only to be told the TTFF didn't buy a ticket for him.  But it's easier to ignore all ah dat and say "f**k Zamora".

Good interview and article by Fuentes... would have been nice to know the circumstances of the interview... how he came to interview him, but good interview.  Good indictment of the apathy among fans for local football too.  People could use all the excuses they want but that price of $40 is a literal steal.  Sure many would have problems paying that... but plenty others should be able to afford it.  The TTFF (and Jack's legacy in particular) continues to be a deterrent factor, and understandably so... but how much longer that supposed to go on for?  Embarrassing, really.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 11, 2012, 11:27:21 AM »
whatever ::)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 11, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »

What do you mean by "coming back"... to represent TnT after a full England call up? As for the continued criticism, the man was hurt when he supposedly 'blank' we in 2009, he missed the next two starts for Fulham.  And then there was the whole ticket fiasco when Jlloyd show up at the airport in England only to be told the TTFF didn't buy a ticket for him.  But it's easier to ignore all ah dat and say "f**k Zamora".

Good interview and article by Fuentes... would have been nice to know the circumstances of the interview... how he came to interview him, but good interview.  Good indictment of the apathy among fans for local football too.  People could use all the excuses they want but that price of $40 is a literal steal.  Sure many would have problems paying that... but plenty others should be able to afford it.  The TTFF (and Jack's legacy in particular) continues to be a deterrent factor, and understandably so... but how much longer that supposed to go on for?  Embarrassing, really.

I think Fuentes used part of a published article (with permission, of course) “If I had been fit in 2009, I possibly would never have played for England,” the 31-year-old told Standard Sport.

As for non attendance, there are hundreds of thousands of people in T&T, if not millions who could pay $40. Especially to see a decent overseas team. As much as I try to understand the apathy, sometimes I just can't be bothered!!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 11, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »

nothing else need be said...
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 11, 2012, 11:35:45 AM »
Honestly, is a good thing Bobby did not play for TT. He would have ended up like Ricky Shakes, Boucaud, Jake Thompson, Jay-Lloydd and lately Chris Birchall. All you think it was that easy playing for TT under the "special advisor". Allyuh nuts, oui!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 11, 2012, 11:50:28 AM »
I think Fuentes used part of a published article (with permission, of course) “If I had been fit in 2009, I possibly would never have played for England,” the 31-year-old told Standard Sport.

Okay, that explains it then... I overlooked that.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 11, 2012, 12:51:31 PM »
Yeah rite.

As for supporters I believe people just fedup. I remember when Jabloteh played Chicago fire a while back, the HCS was pack.

Great atmosphere in that game.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #641 on: October 11, 2012, 02:57:29 PM »
Eff Zamora but big up Me Mum? No disrespect to an important member of our team, but if Me Mum had even a sniff of a chance of playing for England, he'd never have touched Trini soil.
Men really vex that a Englishman first choice is to play for England in major tournaments and games. Jokes, yes.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:59:32 PM by Dinner Mints »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 11, 2012, 03:44:37 PM »

Doh mind dem, if i was ah big baller like JLLoyd and zamora i would never want to play for jack warner and CO. look 6 yrs later after making a WC they can't even reconcile on their differences, or worst yet, get football back on track.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora's next stop - T&T.
« Reply #643 on: October 11, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »
Yeah rite.

As for supporters I believe people just fedup. I remember when Jabloteh played Chicago fire a while back, the HCS was pack.

Dias ah lie, the article right, the little spoil brat gun toating fackers today hate football!

they eh fedup shaking they arse in the hyatt parkin lot $1,000 ah pop though? but they fedup to pay $40 to see ah game.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 04:21:03 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 12, 2012, 06:35:12 AM »

.... ......   Fill in the blanks
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: October 12, 2012, 07:24:06 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 12, 2012, 11:24:51 AM »

Seems like you have something against Zamora,

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 12, 2012, 02:45:39 PM »

Seems like you have something against Zamora,
Yuh think?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 12, 2012, 07:32:59 PM »

I'll like to buy a vowel  ::)
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 13, 2012, 07:54:35 AM »
hahah....nice one Andre... long time no see brother ??>..all good ???

Offline zion youth

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 13, 2012, 10:37:01 AM »
f**k zamora de man dont want to play for we.. plain and simple f**k ZAMORA..

Offline BBL

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 07, 2013, 04:39:38 PM »
He has played in two friendly games for England, still eligible for T&T. You guys still interested? :D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 07, 2013, 04:41:42 PM »
He has played in two friendly games for England, still eligible for T&T. You guys still interested? :D

He had his chance i doubt he could make our team now. He got his wish to play for England. You know what they say, be careful what you wish for
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 07, 2013, 04:52:07 PM »

.... ......

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #654 on: May 24, 2014, 04:06:00 PM »
Zamora earns QPR promotion
PA Sport

Bobby Zamora struck a dramatic last-minute winner to sink Derby and fire QPR back into the Premier League.

The 33-year-old, on as a substitute in what will probably be his last match as a Rangers player, waved goodbye with a goal worth an estimated 120 million pounds to the club, who sealed a 1-0 win over the Rams at Wembley.

Rangers looked down and out after Gary O'Neil was sent off with half an hour still to play and with Derby well on top.

But Zamora, who hit a play-off winner for West Ham in 2005, repeated the trick as Rangers bounced back into the top flight at the first attempt.

It meant a sad return to Wembley for Rams boss Steve McClaren, back at the scene of his lowest moment in football when he cowered under an umbrella as his England side crumbled against Croatia in 2007 to miss out on qualification for the following year's European Championship.

McClaren, who began the season on Rangers' coaching staff, must have had a wry smile on his face when, 10 minutes before kick-off, the heavens opened.

All the pressure was on Rangers, 177 million pounds in debt and with a wage bill bigger than Atletico Madrid's, and it showed.

Derby bossed the first half and Craig Forsyth headed a deep cross from Jamie Ward narrowly wide, while Will Hughes blazed over from the edge of the area.

Rangers' hearts were in the mouths in the 27th minute when Hughes turned inside Richard Dunne in the area and promptly fell to the ground, but referee Lee Mason waved away the appeals for a penalty.

Niko Kranjcar suffered a hamstring injury and the man who helped hasten McClaren's England exit with his goal for Croatia that infamous night seven years ago limped off to be replaced by Armond Traore.

Rangers keeper Rob Green dealt with Johnny Russell's deflected effort and also got down well to tip Ward's inswinging free-kick, which evaded everyone in the six-yard box, past the post.

Rangers boss Harry Redknapp was pinning his side's promotion hopes on their top scorer Charlie Austin, and the chance the former Burnley striker had been looking for arrived shortly before the hour mark.

Kevin Doyle sent Traore down the left flank and his cut back found Austin where he has been lurking most of the season, in front of goal 10 yards out.

But this time the 20-goal frontman's finish let him down as he sidefooted the ball wide of Lee Grant's goal and held his head in his hands with disbelief.

It looked like being a defining moment for Rangers, and worse was to follow three minutes later when Russell's attempt to burst through on goal was curtailed by a deliberate foul from O'Neil.

O'Neil argued that there were other defenders in the vicinity but referee Mason, probably wisely, decided veterans Dunne and Clint Hill were not going to catch Russell and produced a straight red card.

Derby sense their chance and poured forward, forcing Green into point-blank saves from Craig Bryson, Chris Martin and Simon Dawkins in a frantic 10-minute spell.

But as the clock ticked down Derby skipper Richard Keogh mis-controlled fatally in the area and Zamora, for the second time in his career, blasted in the most valuable goal in football.

Zamora kept his cool to send QPR back to the top flight.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 24, 2014, 05:29:44 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rOMYLkovYqk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rOMYLkovYqk</a>

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 03, 2015, 06:55:22 PM »
Bobby Zamora: Brighton sign 34-year-old former striker

Brighton have signed former striker Bobby Zamora on a one-year contract.

The 34-year-old played for Albion between 2000 and 2003, scoring 83 goals in 136 games, before joining Tottenham.

Zamora, who has won two England caps, was released by Queens Park Rangers at the end of last season.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Zamora ''I'm fully committed''
« Reply #657 on: April 13, 2016, 09:45:21 AM »
Just came back from England, bull a few ole ting.

Anyhow, ah stay in Brighton they love Zamora they boy.

They chant for him when he use to play for Brighton & Hove Albion was... ah know he just sign back for them though.

We de ball hit de net like a f00cking rocket, its Zamora.

Same tune for de,,,,,, Amore - When the moon hits your eye.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:50:30 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Zamora Thread
« Reply #658 on: January 16, 2021, 11:09:50 AM »
Well what do you know. Tell Fenwick Bobby Zamora is still available. He score the winner for Brighton over Leeds today! We have nothing to lose. Jone, Molino and Zamora. What a winning combination. And don't forget Garcia!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Zamora Thread
« Reply #659 on: January 16, 2021, 12:18:07 PM »
Well what do you know. Tell Fenwick Bobby Zamora is still available. He score the winner for Brighton over Leeds today! We have nothing to lose. Jone, Molino and Zamora. What a winning combination. And don't forget Garcia!

??? Zamora retired  from  football Deeks
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>