April 19, 2024, 05:30:59 PM

Author Topic: Goalkeepers  (Read 6731 times)

truetrini

Goalkeepers
« on: June 09, 2005, 08:11:45 AM »
Against Panama he was ah borse.  Nuff man report so!

Last night he make two crucial saves and intercepted nuff crosses into de box.

Look at this anodder way...suppose de cross ball was not jes left alone by we damn defender?  Dat ball went straight pass Edwards and he made no attempt to get at it.  fell to a mexican abd what bullet..Jack kept it out..where de f**k was Dog when Borgetti waltz in UNMARKED and unpressured to simply tap in?

Second goal, he did VERY WELL to stop de bullet through a crowd ah man.

de rebound was cleverly snuck in, an may have been defleclted.....NOT jack's fault.

Allyuh too damn fickle.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Give Jack he frigging Jacket
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 08:22:36 AM »
I tort you was givin Jack Warner props fuh bringin een Beenie Man over dah coach yuh was supportin all dis time.

By de way....

De players dem still shitty?  Cyah trap, pass, shoot, or be organized?

Regards...
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 08:28:07 AM »
Truetrini against Panama he was shakey bad.

He make the easy things hard, but in that game but he keep clean sheet.

Tonight he make the easy things hard again.

Also he doe Ketch and grab ball clean.he always Punching out ball and parrying away and our defence takes a while to recover we does standup and look.

You forgetting when he run out and was caught in no mans land by the corner flag and instead of Jumbieing the player like I have seen friedel and Keller do he run back in the post hoping.

Also the one Avery save is mistake on his part too.

The thing is as a Goalie men will not remember the saves you make, its the ones you ent make people does remember. Thats just Life as a goalie.

Unlike a fwd they could make mistake and throw away goal and it doe be detrimental. Because the score could still be 0-0.

When goalie do shit....it does cost yuh the game.

Also our strikers not potent. At this level you does get once chance in a game and men does take that once chance.

Look when Greece win the Euro, in that final they get One chance and bury it.

Also when Liverpool beat AC.yes fellas I doe want to bring up ole wounds but the chances they get they take.

We coulda pull out a 1-0 yesterday or at least a 0-0.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 08:31:26 AM »
Palos, you was ah Bertille backer too...remember that.  You ws one who call fuh consistency in we coaching.

I see a mrked improvement in the team play.  I caled for Bertille's removal too, and admited tha i wa swrong.

BUT, tell me this....last night,and I saw the game eh, i eh see no set ah good passing and trapping at all.

Plenty hustle though and a much ,more organized side.

If our players had better technical skills we would NOT be in 5th now!

Offline Liburd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 08:32:40 AM »
OK OK.  I'm a new comer on the Trini fan scene.  I don't know the history, but I do know football.   Your goalie sucked.  Period.  I'd be weary of apointing him to a club team never mind national.  This is the big leagues people.  You don't give people chances to prove themselves on the pitch.  He should have been cut from the team and left to suffer in Mexico.  His Trini passport should be revoked.  My poor girlfriend had to watch me loose my cool watching this guy make numerous bad judgements IN THE FIRST HALF.  It was so obvious.

Now, experience says that you can't always blame the goalkeeper because he is only one man and does not control the defense.  But, gosh darn it, sometimes its deserved!  Your GK cost you the game.   Go home, scour your clubs and find another, quick. The rest of your team is improving by leaps and bounds.  Had your goalie know how to kick more accurately, you would have had much better counter attacks... like at least 1.  >:( He let his team down and I don't think Beenieman is gonna let that stand anyway.  So you guys better start looking.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 08:34:02 AM »
Second goal, he did VERY WELL to stop de bullet through a crowd ah man.

You see de match?  he didn't stop no bullet through a crowd on de second goal.  de DEFENDER blocked it, Jack dove in anticipation of the shot and then had to recover to dive the other way for the rebound.  Good reflexes to get there, but once he was there, he let it slip through his hands/body into the net when it should have been stopped.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 08:46:40 AM »
I agree with Truetrini.  Jack did the best he could have under the circumstances.  Edwards should not have let the ball drop, setting up the shot for Mexico.  On the second goal the ball took an awkward bounce under his hand, probably could have been stopped by another keeper, but who knows, some of the saves he made could have scored as well.  Avery played well, with marking and tackling, however he has to be careful with the late tackles close to the box and work on his fitness, because the right-winger started giving him blows at the end.  Birchall gave the ball away too many times, the Mexicans read his passes and even took away the ball off his foot, that's not acceptable on this level.  I would like to see the Trinidad forwards and midfield taking on the defenders in the last third of the field, make them work, at times (not all the time) they can use their individual skill to get pass the defenders, case in point....Brent Rahim...excellent shot after moving past two defenders.  Laterz.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 08:53:53 AM »
  Avery played well, with marking and tackling, however he has to be careful with the late tackles close to the box and work on his fitness, because the right-winger started giving him blows at the end. 

I really don't think Avery have a fitness problem ( he probably one of the fittest men on the team), he just ran a lot last night.  He had a lot of ground to cover to save that goal,  The right winger Medina gave him pressure for 2 reasons: 1) he had fresher legs..came on in the 35 th min  2) Theobald did not help defend on the left side
I agree with you on his tackling, he like to pelt blade.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 08:55:06 AM »
Birchall gave the ball away too many times, the Mexicans read his passes and even took away the ball off his foot, that's not acceptable on this level. 

You cant talk bad about Birchall without mentioning the fact that Whitely did absolutely NOTHING in this game, so Birchall was playing the ENTIRE middle by himself, not to mention Theobald did another disappearing act so he had to cover some of his ground too.
I wasn't suprised to see the report today that Whitely came orf with a groin injury....the amount of stones he pull there.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 09:06:58 AM »
Whitley has nothing to do with Birchall's performance.  If Whitley pulled stones, Birchall should be able to lift his game and help out Whitley.  Don't get me wrong, I like Birchall, he is cool on the ball, makes good passes, this game he didn't affect the outcome of the game, which is what a general in the midfield has to do.  Laterz

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 09:07:37 AM »
Jack is a good  3rd keeper behind Ince and Shaka.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 09:15:47 AM »
Good day ppl.Ah want to know who was that defender who let the ball bounce on the left and allow that mexicano to get ah crack on we goal. Oh gawddddd!!! That man give me ah pain in mih stones dey eh ah cyar discribe. He should ah never let the fluckin ball bounce wey he do dat forrrr. He upset the who apple cart last night for we. And JACK. What the heck he doin in de goal dat terrible ppl is like he cyar hold ah ball for he life the second goal should ah never happen. Say what we on to the other match and hopefully shaka, or ince man go be infront the uprights. Dem fellahs fight with all dey heart fuh oui eh people, dat was nice to see they holding mexico in dey back yard 0 - 0 untill dat defender (wais he name?) do that S.H.I.T. DAT DEFENDER, DE DEfender, de defenDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!! he tek way we vibes last night.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Goal Keeping
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 07:56:46 AM »
I don’t normally like posting unpopular topics on online forums since I become the object of attack and insults. But, I can’t be the only one that sees this problem. Right now, IMO our weakest link is the quality of our goal keeping.

I give all credit to Kelvin Jack for the effort he gives. But, he is not yet a world-class goalkeeper. He made mistakes in both the Mexico and USA games that potentially could have us cost us three goals. Don’t believe me? Look at the games yourselves. When both goals were scored in the away at Mexico, Kelvin deflected the ball back out to a Mexican player to have it rebounded and scored. In both cases, he should have held on to the ball. In the USA game, he did the same thing in the last goal that was disallowed by the referee.

One of the commentators last night on ESPN2 referred to Kelvin Jack as a goalkeeper ‘who is apparently struggling’. Is he alone in this opinion?

Why aren’t we using Hislop? Why aren’t we making overtures to Ince to return to the team? I would think that qualifying would be that important!

Don’t get me wrong, I like Kelvin Jack and he certainly made some important saves in the last few games, but I think he should be a backup goalkeeper and not the primary.

Now you guys can go ahead and beat me up…

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Goal Keeping
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 08:06:08 AM »
I think yuh should see somebody for that problem yuh have dey bro...Is not Healthy to like liks so...Yuh really think that is our main problem ? If the other team get 5 shots on goal, and 2-3 score ah would have to look at the keeper seriously, but when 2-3 score and the Team getting 10 or more shots, ON GOAL.....especially when we only gettin anywhere from none to a equal number, and we getting no goal, does not indicate to me that our keeper is THE problem....

Buh if is really liks yuh like, we have ah fella online here, he love to dish it out...Will introduce yuh soon.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 08:13:03 AM »
maxg,
Boy, you got me there. I shouldda said one of we weak links. I know defense is still ah big problem. But, I still tink goal keeping quality is a big issue for us especially when goals scoring in dee first minute of ah game. It cyah be just defense quality alone  ;D.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 08:19:21 AM by CarenageBoy »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2005, 08:43:40 AM »
You are focusing on de least of our problems. Of all de early goals dat score, tell me which ones were the goalkeeper's fault?

While I also feel Jack could have done better wit de goals from Mexico, how could you conveniently forget de fact dat on de first goal, Carlos Edwards jes watch de ball go over he head witout making an attempt tuh clear it and den allow de man all de time in de world tuh trap and shoot?

What about all de saves Jack make against USA ? If it wasn't fuh he and Sancho, de scoreline mighta be 5-0.

Jack has his deficiencies, but he is de least of our worries.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2005, 08:43:45 AM »
Carenage Boy, you never play no football or what?  Early goals signify a poor keeper?  Have you seen the early goals that we have conceded?

Steups.

Yuh looking for pong man.

Trinidad versus Mexico first two minutes Dog trap bad.  One and one... goal

US versus Trinidad, first two minutes, defense sleeping, a good cross good finish... goal

Trinidad versus Guatemala, first two minutes, free kick takes a wicked deflection... goal

How that is Jack fault?

Steups

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2005, 08:51:07 AM »
Where you see d game last night on ESPN2? with  a Yankee comentator!!! Also you taking the opinion of Ty Keyone or Rob Stone.....surely you jest.

I doubting your credibility!

I know USA was playing Guatemala on that channel on direct TV down here.

Besides........Jack is the least of our worries, we need a fwd who can score when he put on a TT UNIFORM.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2005, 08:51:43 AM »
Yeah. I know I goh get early ponging from dis. But, I eh say that goal keeping is we only weak link. Ah just tink we could tighten up on dee goal keeping until dee defense settle in.

It easier to fix dee goal keeping right now than to fix dee defense.

Where you see d game last night on ESPN2? with  a Yankee comentator!!! Also you taking the opinion of Ty Keyone or Rob Stone.....surely you jest.

I doubting your credibility!
Touches,

Boy, I eh say nutting about seeing dee game on ESPN 2. Dee commentator was talking about dee game between USA and Trinidad and he make dee comments about Kelvin Jack.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 08:59:21 AM by Tallman »

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2005, 09:13:59 AM »
Ah just tink we could tighten up on dee goal keeping until dee defense settle in.
It easier to fix dee goal keeping right now than to fix dee defense.

what nonesense yuh talkin boy...I now see why yuh doe normally post....if yuh watch the US vs Trini game, Jack save we from gettin ah hand full....goalkeeping is not the major problem...it is defensive errors or should I say lapses in concentration..eg Dog errant back pass in the US game, Carlos Edwards ball watchin in de Mexico game. if is anything we need is ah person to get dem fellas mentally tough for our games.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2005, 09:20:34 AM »
I don’t normally like posting unpopular topics on online forums since I become the object of attack and insults. But, I can’t be the only one that sees this problem. Right now, IMO our weakest link is the quality of our goal keeping.

I give all credit to Kelvin Jack for the effort he gives. But, he is not yet a world-class goalkeeper. He made mistakes in both the Mexico and USA games that potentially could have us cost us three goals. Don’t believe me? Look at the games yourselves. When both goals were scored in the away at Mexico, Kelvin deflected the ball back out to a Mexican player to have it rebounded and scored. In both cases, he should have held on to the ball. In the USA game, he did the same thing in the last goal that was disallowed by the referee.

One of the commentators last night on ESPN2 referred to Kelvin Jack as a goalkeeper ‘who is apparently struggling’. Is he alone in this opinion?

Why aren’t we using Hislop? Why aren’t we making overtures to Ince to return to the team? I would think that qualifying would be that important!

Don’t get me wrong, I like Kelvin Jack and he certainly made some important saves in the last few games, but I think he should be a backup goalkeeper and not the primary.

Now you guys can go ahead and beat me up…

Though not crisis.. I too would like to see shaka. Replies so far states that Jack made some good saves, but that is his job..to stop balls getting into the net. Doh forget he gave a gift to the americans who just didn't finish it. Doh worry, beenie conductin more experiments than Einstein!

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2005, 09:33:26 AM »
it is defensive errors or should I say lapses in concentration..eg Dog errant back pass in the US game, Carlos Edwards ball watchin in de Mexico game. if is anything we need is ah person to get dem fellas mentally tough for our games.

Futbolfan,
I agree with yuh points. But, which one faster to fix dee defensive skills uv we players or to switch we goal keepers? If beenie man experimenting, why he doh just give Shaka a try?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2005, 09:37:25 AM »
it is defensive errors or should I say lapses in concentration..eg Dog errant back pass in the US game, Carlos Edwards ball watchin in de Mexico game. if is anything we need is ah person to get dem fellas mentally tough for our games.

Futbolfan,
I agree with yuh points. But, which one faster to fix dee defensive skills uv we players or to switch we goal keepers? If beenie man experimenting, why he doh just give Shaka a try?

Ah feel Shaka does get to try in the Sessions...we have pics to prove it...

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2005, 09:42:54 AM »
Ah feel Shaka does get to try in the Sessions...we have pics to prove it...

Maxg,
What good is using dee man in just in dee sessions alone if he's a better goal keeper?

Look! I know we have to give Kelvin more experience. But, we should save him for dee warm-up games.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2005, 09:47:41 AM »
Carenage Boy things to consider...

1) You dont experiment in a WC game, experiements are done in friendlies.

2) Jack is in form

3) Shaka is a bench warmer for his team while Jack is a starter.

4) Jack is seeing more action right now in all depts.

5) MOST IMPORTANT POINT.......Beenie overseas both of them in training and is the best judge of who should start.

Lastly I felt that Jack could have saved the two goals vs Mexico....even though they could have been prevented before by the defenders.

Since then with all the Gold Cup matches etc. I cannot fault Jack for any of the goals conceeded. He had no chance Last night. None against Guatemala, None against Usa.

He is deficient in distributing the ball. He does not kick it well with either foot and is shakey. I have not seen him throw it long accurately or start any counter attack. He is also a bit slow in coming off his line. But in terms of shot stopping and crosses..the man have it.

Doe study goalkeeping...TT will concede 1 goal a game maybe two. We need a fwd to score. Now is not the time to look at defence. We try every combo and the best is Spann, lawrence, Dog and Avery. We need to find men firing upfront.remember is Goals win games.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2005, 11:54:08 AM »
We cyan even muster enough shots on goal at times and he talking about an area where we have the deepest pool--Hislop, Ince, Jack, and even Fulham's Tony Warner (who approached us to play in the last campaign, and probably is still open to the idea of representing us).  Fella, yuh sounding like a very inexperienced and shallow evaluator of the game of football.  What we need is for our forwards to click, and for our midfielders to display a bit more trickery in their approach.  How about that?  The goalkeeping department is the least of our worries right now.  Yeah Jack was shaky at times versus the US, but he redeemed himself towards the end and got a fair review, at least. 

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2005, 12:25:42 PM »
Carenageboy, you must also consider the fact that we are absolutely one of the poorest teams when it comes to ball possession (lately we have improved a little, but...).

Consistent ball possession for sustained periods is where our real problem lies, bc even if your fwds not scoring you could reduce the pressure on your defence and prevent your opponents from scoring by simply keeping posession.

(Not comparing but refering) Look at teams like Greece, they may have a suspect team in attack, but they could bore you with boring possession football  (loll you to sleep, then pounce).

Too many times we still just kicking away to ball (giving away posession), which puts pressure on our defence, while our opponents do not have to work as hard to get the ball.

Now add that to poor finishing and that is the main reason why we in 5th place today....... Maybe Beenie just does not have enough time to work with the foreign legion before each game.

Apart from technique, ball possession has alot to do with fitness and subsequently focus, not to mention understanding and knowing your team mates. (And yuh know we Trini attention span, unless is ah young-heart we focusin on:o ;D :o ;D :P :P)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 12:28:15 PM by nigelfabien »

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2005, 12:30:53 PM »
Carenageboy, when you refer to the ESPN2 reporter saying that Jack was struggling, you definitely misheard.  JP said that the Guatemalan keeper was struggling...I doh know where you here Jack name call in that partner.

In any case, just remember Shaka geh 5 against Guatemala and I see some ah dem goals and they were flat out awful.

Let the man stay dey please.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2005, 01:03:43 PM »
we have problems but goalkeeping not on top of the list no way. ball possesion is key without that more than likely you willlose even in Maurice with a pair shades on in goal.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2005, 01:34:30 PM »
Boy! Allyah eh joking? Yah really taking me to school here!

I agree it eh just one ting dat need fixing. Dee forwards, dee ball possession as well as dee goal keeping needs to be looked at. But to fix all deez tings and doh tighten up on dee goal keeping iz like going to a gun fight wit a knife.

1]; } ?>