March 28, 2024, 04:14:04 PM

Author Topic: Do you need to be playing or be able to play football to support football??  (Read 7458 times)

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
I would like to hear the answers from the forumites on this particular topic because clearly there are a lot of people who don't know football and want to fight football.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 02:32:15 PM by Tallman »
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I would like to hear the answers from the forumites on this particular topic because clearly there are a lot of people who don't know football and want to fight football.

Simply understand football to TALK football....

... anybody can support.....

What is the purpose of this thread?  ??? :-\
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile

no, but yuh need to have at least playED football to fight talk. ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

To understand football you need to have played football. The purpose of this thread is to bring to light some of the shit the PS2 generation of footballers does want to be posting and also to shoot down waggonists.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
NO, but alot of men who have played a bit more than the average small go on the weekends like to feel they know more bout football than Beenie himself, and that is sheeet!
You just need to follow the game and to have an understanding of the game, of course you will probably understand some of the ins and outs better having been a footballer, but dont mean you will have a better football brain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

To understand football you need to have played football. The purpose of this thread is to bring to light some of the shit the PS2 generation of footballers does want to be posting and also to shoot down waggonists.

That is BS..... I don't believe that for one minute.... several big time players fail badly as coaches... and then you have Mourinho and others who never really kick ah ball in dey life... dey jus love de game

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FATZ,
I have ah question for yuh. Are you saying that only people who play football at some kinda competitive level understand football?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FATZ,
I have ah question for yuh. Are you saying that only people who play football at some kinda competitive level understand football?

Thais exactly wha he saying... thais why I ask what is de purpose of this thread....

go ahead FATZ... regale us with your tales of glory... and why it makes you eminently superior when it comes to talking football

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FATZ,

Of course not, i'm saying that to truly understand the game, you must have been able to play it at some point in life, not necessarily be a professional. Do you think that football can be thought in a school??

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FATZ,

Thais exactly wha he saying... thais why I ask what is de purpose of this thread....

go ahead FATZ... regale us with your tales of glory... and why it makes you eminently superior when it comes to talking football

Hold on one second, your 'draws' on too tight, i asked a simple question and you start me with your bullshit, i just finish dealing with a next mouth murderer for this same shit, you telling me that any jackass off the street, because he loves the game could come and talk football or be a successful coach. How the ass you know that Mourinho never really play football, you living by the man, do you wash his 'draws' or his wife panties..

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Do you need to be playing or be able to play football to support football??
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 02:47:40 PM »
I don't think u can actually teach football in school....the best ways to learn is through playing and watching..some people learn more through watching while others may learn more thru playing.

There are a lot of great players who can't coach or great coaches who didn't play any major football.  As for understanding and supporting, playing is definitely not a prerequisite.  For example I know some people who feel they could coach or know de most amount of football because they play intercol but when they talk is only sh*t coming out.  Then again there are guys who really understand game because of their playing experiences.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 02:49:03 PM »
FATZ,
take it easy on dem men...yuh biting wind these days.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 02:50:43 PM »
Check this simple analogy.
Plenty people does fight dong the warriors and say we cant even kick or trap a ball.

But people who have actually played football will tell u that them warriors have real skill, could kill a ball dead no less than ronaldinho or zidane....
But when u play a team like Mexico who play a strategy to make you chase the ball, once man get that burn chest feeling, it becomes exponentially harder to trap a ball under pressure, or run and make an accurate pass....

Of course it helps to have played football to understand football.
But that isnt the only criteria.
What it really helps in is in inderstanding your players limitations and what to demand of them.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 02:51:21 PM »
I Love Football.  Sadly, Football doh love me.. :'(

Ah play it plenty but was never able to get past de water cooler in a real match.  After a while ah finally figure out it wasn't because all dem different coaches didn't like meh...it was because ah was a blasted SHITHONG!!  ;D

Dat doh stop meh from supportin meh teams 1000% and talkin bout de game doh.  In oddah words..all de SHITHONG I is...ah still love de game.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 02:53:45 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 02:53:14 PM »
I Love Football.  Sadly, Football doh love me.. :'(

Ah play it plenty but was never able to get past de water cooler in a real match.  After a while ah finally figure out it wasn't because all dem different coaches didn't like meh...it was because ah was a blasted SHITHONG!!  ;D

Ahahahhahaa.. but you understand the game.. and you follow it real good ..

You doh need to play any big setta ball to be a true fan!!!

COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 02:53:50 PM »
FATZ,

Hold on one second, your 'draws' on too tight, i asked a simple question and you start me with your bullshit, i just finish dealing with a next mouth murderer for this same shit, you telling me that any jackass off the street, because he loves the game could come and talk football or be a successful coach. How the ass you know that Mourinho never really play football, you living by the man, do you wash his 'draws' or his wife panties..

Aye ketch yuhself..... your draws too tight if is anything... you trying to dictate who is qualified to talk football on an internet forum... do you realise how ludicrous this is ?!!... who is you to say who could talk....

I stand by my original answer... simple understanding of football... also with ah open mind... cuz nobody know everything... yuh always learning....

whether yuh understanding come from playin or watching is irrelevant....

FATZ you need to chill cuz I read your posts and yuh could tell yuh have ah lil understanding but yuh does come across headstrong like yuh feel yuh know everything... this thread yuh start only reinforcing tha feeling... If I misread yuh intentions hard luck...

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 02:56:15 PM »

Ah play it plenty but was never able to get past de water cooler in a real match.  After a while ah finally figure out it wasn't because all dem different coaches didn't like meh...it was because ah was a blasted SHITHONG!!  ;D

Dat doh stop meh from supportin meh teams 1000% and talkin bout de game doh.

I had a few posts to answer but you have to come first because i have a brethren just like you, he always in the best boots and best kit but the man is real shit, sometimes he might score a goal that will surprise everybody but most of the times, he's real shit but he wouldn't give up ball for nothing, i don't even think if Halle Berry spread her legs and offer him the snatch for life will he give up football.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 02:56:26 PM »
If ah man truly support a specific team he will watch and analyze every single short/long pass, free kick, corner, goalie, every little flick and touch of de ball that his team takes, hoping for de best outcome.

Regardless if yuh play football or not, if you have played or not, you will look at every little thing if you are a hardcore supporter, patriotism aside. Football is not a constant ting, it is a process of appreciation and discovery.

In my opinion, yuh doh necessarily need football feet to have a football brain.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 02:59:10 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 02:59:51 PM »
In my opinion, yuh doh necessarily need football feet to have a football brain.  :beermug:

Love dat quote dey Grande.  Dat go be meh motto nex time man peltin meh from on de sidelines... ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 03:01:29 PM »

Dat doh stop meh from supportin meh teams 1000% and talkin bout de game doh.

palos, same here..and i doh feel football genes are hereditary....mih father play for naps when they won intercol titles in de 70s and all i could do is make mih class team. At least i had some success in track (however a certain soca warrior use to kick mih ass in dat as well).

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 03:05:21 PM »
FATZ,

Aye ketch yuhself..... your draws too tight if is anything... you trying to dictate who is qualified to talk football on an internet forum... do you realise how ludicrous this is ?!!... who is you to say who could talk....

I stand by my original answer... simple understanding of football... also with ah open mind... cuz nobody know everything... yuh always learning....

whether yuh understanding come from playin or watching is irrelevant....

FATZ you need to chill cuz I read your posts and yuh could tell yuh have ah lil understanding but yuh does come across headstrong like yuh feel yuh know everything... this thread yuh start only reinforcing tha feeling... If I misread yuh intentions hard luck...

Misread is an understatement and maybe i should have worded the subject different but all what is needed can't fit in the field so i had to improvise. You believe i'm Noah but there was only one Noah in this world. Simple understanding of football can't enable you to come on this forum and fight down people because my nephew has asimple understanding of football and he can't come here and post anything. I watching baseball and the NFL a lot and i still can't go in any forum where they discuss the sports and post any fight talk because that's not my place, i have watched and played football all my life so i can put up a good fight when it comes to talking football.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 03:06:28 PM »
It is better to have fans who know very little about the game and who do not in fact play the game.

To be a fan means you like to watch the game

One of the main problems with TNT football is that only people who play the game want to watch the game

When in fact we need to generate more Fan Support.

You just need to watch the game that is all that is required to be a fan.

If you watch enough you will learn some of the basic rules etc like offside throw in penalty kick

But as far as supporters go

all we need is people who willing to come to the game.

If you coming for the lime or to analyze team stategy it makes no difference the fact is that you coming.

That is why I laugh at the anti-waggonist attitude promoted by some members of this site
because wagonism is the best thing to happen to TnT football since the Strike Squad Had Wagonism

Wagonism is required for sport.

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2005, 03:09:14 PM »

What is the purpose of this thread? ??? :-\

I agree what is the purpose of this thread?? fatz ya real bored to be asking stupid questions

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2005, 03:11:19 PM »
I eh agree that you need to have played the game to comment on it, but it does give you a better understanding. When I speak to fellas that show a better knowledge of the game than me, though I don't see things they see in a game, after it's mentioned in the conversation I can visualize it again in my mind...

I know some men in the village I grew up in who neva really hold at bat in they life, much less catch ah ball..but them men could real talk cricket..same thing with football..it had ras who's hobby was peng..but you hear that man talk intelligent football.. he was a good spectator of the game and understood the technical apsects.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2005, 03:13:56 PM »
Misread is an understatement and maybe i should have worded the subject different but all what is needed can't fit in the field so i had to improvise. You believe i'm Noah but there was only one Noah in this world. Simple understanding of football can't enable you to come on this forum and fight down people because my nephew has asimple understanding of football and he can't come here and post anything. I watching baseball and the NFL a lot and i still can't go in any forum where they discuss the sports and post any fight talk because that's not my place, i have watched and played football all my life so i can put up a good fight when it comes to talking football.

Man I disagree with that wholeheartedly... de same way you watching your nephew and saying he eh know enough to talk bout football... it have other men watchin you and thinking look at dis shitsnake.... he eh know what he talking bout!

If yuh had to take ah elite football knowledge test to post here.... this forum might be very sparse indeed.....

we here to share ideas and learn

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2005, 03:15:30 PM »

I agree what is the purpose of this thread?? fatz ya real bored to be asking stupid questions

you are still a buller :rotfl:

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2005, 03:20:22 PM »
It is not often I agree with KND but he has a point..waggonists is good for football..one can argue that the die hard fans go all the games even when the stadium empty and waggonists only show up to full de stadium for big games..at the end of de day the players want to have a full stadium so waggonists are necessary.

There is a lot of talk about waggonist on this forum and they should be welcomed by all..I know of people who following for a long time but don't post so if they were to post..they will be considered waggonist.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2005, 03:21:08 PM »

you are still a buller :rotfl:

Wheeys!!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2005, 03:22:53 PM »
It is better to have fans who know very little about the game and who do not in fact play the game.

To be a fan means you like to watch the game

One of the main problems with TNT football is that only people who play the game want to watch the game

When in fact we need to generate more Fan Support.

You just need to watch the game that is all that is required to be a fan.

If you watch enough you will learn some of the basic rules etc like offside throw in penalty kick

But as far as supporters go

all we need is people who willing to come to the game.

If you coming for the lime or to analyze team stategy it makes no difference the fact is that you coming.

That is why I laugh at the anti-waggonist attitude promoted by some members of this site
because wagonism is the best thing to happen to TnT football since the Strike Squad Had Wagonism

Wagonism is required for sport.

Tell me if you'd like this, you in the stadium watching T&T play and next to you on the right is a woman talking about making up her face, in front is a next one smoking out her lungs and more interested in hearing what the man next to her have to whisper in her ears then on the left, a next woman who asking about when the player get a yellow card, if he should go off the field and on top of all that, they only up and down during the game and passing in front of you to go where ever the hell i don't know and only blocking your view of the game. All around you are waggonist so you can't even carry on a good football talk.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2005, 03:27:31 PM »
Waggonism is good from the marketing point of view, for the sport and branching out. That's why as much as i hate the USA, i recognized later on the good the 94 WC  would do to develop the MLS and thus give more of our guys to play abroad.

But I agree with the sentiment that FATZ is trying to make..(also because of the drama he had to go through in a next thread with someone who obviously hadn't played the sport before)

When you have actually played, the sport, u understand many things clearer...for e.g i can sympathise with a striker when men say, 'nah he is a shittong how he miss that open goal'....but having played the sport at various levels, I understand what it's like to receive a ball like that, u know, the feel, timing, everything and  it's not as easy as the covered stands managers would make it seem....u can almost think what the player on the field is thinking

alternatively, i've met many ppl who haven't played football in their life, who can give u expert analysis, some of the best coaches tend to be non players.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

1]; } ?>