6 (33.3%)
Inter
0 (0%)
PSV
0 (0%)
Chelsea
9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Who will win champion's league  (Read 5569 times)

Offline mcaw

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Who will win champion's league
« on: March 15, 2005, 09:36:40 PM »
wait and see

Offline mcaw

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who will win champion's league
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »
The best team in the champions league now has to be Juventus they are the most tactically sound team ,there biggest oppostion is ac milan as they have the most in depth squad in europe.This is evident as they are both tied at the top og the cacio italiano

Offline pops

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 11:16:54 AM »
Chelsea will surely win the champions league the best side in england and they coach is a mater tactisian.

Offline login

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 12:07:50 PM »
The dark horse and my pick is lyon the side is young and has a nice mix of brizillans frenchmen and africans.al who have different styles for play .the looked good last season and they no how to win they have already beaten manu and mauled german champs bremen ,and are on top of the french league and are the reginin champions

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 02:06:57 PM »
I can't see anyone getting past Milan...not even Liverpool unfortunately  :(

Offline mcaw

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 06:02:12 PM »
Liverpool will play Juventus for the first time since the Heysel Stadium disaster at the 1985 European Cup final following the draw for the quarter-finals of the Champions League on Friday.
The pairing brings the two clubs together two months before the 20th anniversary of the Heysel tragedy in which 39 fans died after a riot by Liverpool supporters at the match in Brussels.

The draw was an intriguing one pairing AC Milan with Inter Milan, Chelsea with Bayern Munich and outsiders Olympique Lyon and PSV Eindhoven.

The winners of the Liverpool/Juventus quarter-final will meet the winners of the Chelsea/Bayern match in the semis, while either AC Milan or Inter will play Lyon or PSV.

That means there could be an all-Italian final but not an all-English one which will no doubt please the authorities in Istanbul where the final will be staged on May 25.

Milan will face Inter and Chelsea will play Bayern on April 6 and April 12, while Lyon and PSV will meet on April 5 and 13, the same days Liverpool face Juventus.

The first leg at Anfield will be their first European meeting since the disaster on May 29, 1985 when Juventus won with the only goal scored from a 58th minute penalty converted by Michel Platini.

The game turned out to be the last played by an English team in Europe for five seasons following a ban imposed by UEFA.

'It's a long time since we played,' Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry told Reuters. 'We tried one or two times to play friendlies but it just didn't work out.

'I'd say there's a great relationship between the clubs now and even between the supporters.

'It was all a long time ago. It's never something you forget, but I'd say everyone will be more focussed on the football now and it's a very challenging tie.'

Romi Gai, Juventus's marketing and communications director, told Italy's Sky Sports: 'It will obviously be a special occasion. It is 20 years exactly and we haven't played since.

'There are friendly relations between the two clubs and I was speaking before with Parry and he told me that if we are drawn together their fans want to do something to pay their respects.

'I think it will be a great sporting occasion carried out in a positive spirit.'

Their only other meetings in Europe happened 20 years before the Heysel disaster, in the first round of the old European Cup Winners' Cup.

Juventus won the first leg 1-0 in Turin but Liverpool beat them 2-0 in the return at Anfield on October 13, 1965 before going on to reach the final the following May which they lost to 2-1 to Borussia Dortmund in Glasgow.

AC Milan were drawn to play rivals Inter Milan for the second time in three seasons with Milan being the only team to defeat Inter in any match this season.

Carlo Ancelotti's men currently share the lead in Serie A with Juventus with Inter in third place, and along with Chelsea are widely regarded as favourites to win this season's competition.

Inter Milan president Giacinto Facchetti, a member of Inter's two European Cup winning teams of 1964 and 1965, said: 'It would have been better to avoid an Italian team but there you go. We knew that none of the seven teams would be easy opponents.

'We played them recently and now will prepare better this time,' he said referring to the 1-0 Serie A defeat by Milan on February 27.

Umberto Gandini, AC Milan's director of organisation, added: 'Its an unwelcome outcome and it is going to be very tough. This draw brings even more tension, more pressure on the city, the fans, the clubs, everyone.

'I think it will be even more stressful than two years ago,' he said, referring to the semi-final won on 'away goals' by Milan who went on to win the competition.

Bayern Munich, who knocked out Arsenal in the last round, return to London to play Chelsea for the first time in European competition.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, whose team were ousted by Bayern at the last-16 stage, believes Chelsea have been handed one of the toughest possible draws.

'I think it's a difficult draw for Chelsea as Bayern Munich are a robust team physically, with a culture inside the club of winning the Champions League,' said Wenger.

'They are not frightened of facing the big clubs, they are used to it and know how to deal with it. Juventus are exactly the same to Liverpool.'

The Gunners lost out 3-2 on aggregate, having been distinctly second best during the first leg in Germany.

As for whether he might offer any tips to Mourinho, Wenger added: 'I don't think that Chelsea need me for them to play against Bayern Munich.

'They will be faithful to what they normally do.'

Chelsea, the runaway leaders in England and poised to succeed Arsenal as English champions, eliminated Barcelona in the last round and will find Bayern stubborn, but beatable.

One of the two outsiders will also make it through to the semi-finals after Olympique Lyon, the only one of the eight not to have won a European trophy, were drawn to play PSV Eindhoven, who knocked out AS Monaco out in the last round.

Jean-Michel Aulas, Olympique Lyon chairman, said: 'We have the opportunity to avenge Monaco, but it is inconvenient that we have to play the first leg at home.

'It won't be easy because PSV dominated Monaco during both games, but we will contact them for advice. It is our luck that Monaco have played them and that they have a great tactician in Didier Deschamps.'

Lyon cannot be underestimated. They are topscorers in the competition with 27 goals so far and knocked out German champions Werder Bremen 10-2 on aggregate in the last round.

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 06:30:36 PM »
ah backing chelsea, and ah fell Liverpool go surprise de Italians

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 12:33:50 PM »
My predicion for today - Chelsea to beat Bayern by a goal or draw.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 04:14:11 PM »
Chelsea - AC final for sure. AS for the outcome ....hard to call but ah backing Chelsea
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 12:34:06 AM »
Chelsea - AC final for sure. AS for the outcome ....hard to call but ah backing Chelsea

End of the road for Chelsea.  They will not beat Juventus.

If Lyon gets past PSV...Milan could be in for a tough time.

Get ready for another all Italian Final.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 07:41:37 AM »

End of the road for Chelsea.  They will not beat Juventus.

If Lyon gets past PSV...Milan could be in for a tough time.

Get ready for another all Italian Final.

but a....a... Juventus still have to get past 'Pool... ah know they is kings of the 1-0.. but lewee wait til this evening to say Chelsea eh beating Juve
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 08:35:28 AM »
BLUESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 08:45:44 AM by Tallman »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 08:45:31 AM »

Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea all de way, dey cant stop dis chelsea train!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 08:53:05 AM »
Chelsea  all the way.. Chelsea and AC have the biggest advantage in my eyes. They have already almost wrapped up their respectibe league titles, but I think Chelsea will win. I cannot see any team beating them at home, and they are a very tough away team also...

Go Chelsea....

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 11:11:32 AM »
Chelsea and AC have the biggest advantage in my eyes. They have already almost wrapped up their respectibe league titles

AC Milan is only leading Serie A by virtue of having conceded one goal less than June, far from a done deal.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Palos yuh see!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 02:38:15 PM »
JUVENTUS OUT!!!

out out out.....  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 03:17:07 PM »
Yup...congrats to Liverpool.  They managed what many have failed to do.  Defeat Juventus.  Big up to them because I did not expect them to do that.

I don't like Juventus primarily for their style of play but lord...I respect the hell out of them.  They almost always seem to get the result they need...frequently by some last minute goal or something like that.  So what Liverpool achieved today is a big thing in my opinion.

Well done Liverpool.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>