March 28, 2024, 05:02:47 PM

Author Topic: best intercol team .........  (Read 34818 times)

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: best intercol team .........
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2005, 02:57:47 PM »
Allyuh young boys ain't have a clue wha allyuh talking bout. Intercol since 1985 has been heading steadily downhill. Teams were older, bigger, better back in de day. When John D and Sando Tech get throw out and dey start clamping down on man repeating 3 and 4 times, de football change. Couple top players on a team doh make dat team great. Compre 77, 78; St. Augustine 81, Sando Tech 85, signall hill, el dorado 86 was de last set of powerhouse teams. College ball in de 90's on is like wha u-16 used to be like back in de day.

Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2005, 05:23:30 PM »
Allyuh young boys ain't have a clue wha allyuh talking bout. Intercol since 1985 has been heading steadily downhill. Teams were older, bigger, better back in de day. When John D and Sando Tech get throw out and dey start clamping down on man repeating 3 and 4 times, de football change. Couple top players on a team doh make dat team great. Compre 77, 78; St. Augustine 81, Sando Tech 85, signall hill, el dorado 86 was de last set of powerhouse teams. College ball in de 90's on is like wha u-16 used to be like back in de day.

Doh forget Pres 86.

Offline deltatau14

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2006, 05:35:03 PM »
QRC tem in 1997 ...men like travis sobers....rudy rudder ....sterling rivers ...duane campbell......."d gazar" .......marco elcock...kenrick ramirez ....yhip........sterlin brathwaite ..... relllllllllll men .....we win big 7 tha year tuh a rellllll drd compe side ..... buh teams cudnt handle we ...especially wen dey cum st.clair and da music start tuh play right beofe kick of oh gassssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ......

QRCCC WE WANT AH GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
BADDEST SCHOOL EVA ..ROYALIAN 4EVA

I remember this qrc squad like it was yesterday i captained the u-14 and u-16 qrc squads with travis sobers under the late warner and mr. dewhurst LOL and rudy rudder and i lived in santa rosa and were real good boys when he transferred from grande, whoever posted this might remember allister richards, stefan fabian, christian bailey, ethan (thomas i think) but yeah this post make me think of de old days, i in the states now going on 13 years........but yeah if anybody read this post and know what they talking about, they should vibes meh.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2006, 05:43:32 PM »

ethan (thomas i think)

(Stewart I think)
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline deltatau14

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2006, 05:52:41 PM »
BIG up to that. :beermug:

this man know his fooball. that 1997 team was the best. doh ask where them men is now nah but back then they were an unstoppable force.

QRC for LIFE.

Yeah i kept in touch with rudy rudder for a while when he moved to the states(south carolina) then we lost touch again i was good friends with his entire family, his lil brudder kirk (lispy) played for qrc too kenrik ramirez and them year, so yeah thats the last i hear of any of them men

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2006, 06:29:36 PM »

These kind ah responses does real get on mih nerves. How you expect us to "know what we talking bout" when you can't find any trace of all these mythical matches and players anywhere?

As far as i concerned the point of this thread was for everyone to make reference to their personal memories. Not all of we was born in the age of dinosaurs where unscrupulous principals used to let big hardback men sit O and A levels just for the sake of having a good football team.

Whats the point of it all if none of these powerhouse players (Latapy and then Dwight excepted) never make it on the international scene?

As such we will continue to talk about our pissing tail teams of the 90's even those that never win ah thing but just make up an integral part of our growing experience, and we don't really give a damn if the older heads continue to shake from side to side incredulously at our ignorance...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2006, 07:44:54 PM »
QRC tem in 1997 ...men like travis sobers....rudy rudder ....sterling rivers ...duane campbell......."d gazar" .......marco elcock...kenrick ramirez ....yhip........sterlin brathwaite ..... relllllllllll men .....we win big 7 tha year tuh a rellllll drd compe side ..... buh teams cudnt handle we ...especially wen dey cum st.clair and da music start tuh play right beofe kick of oh gassssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ......

QRCCC WE WANT AH GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
BADDEST SCHOOL EVA ..ROYALIAN 4EVA

Yes meh boi, QRC light up people dat year. QRC fuh life. But ah must add, de ELDO "Blue Thunder" of ah think 1986, was de real deal 2. Ah cah remember names, dat year dey beat real people, de goalie was from Arouca and about 3 ah de top players, played fuh de same club team and lived in Tunapuna. De real Eldo fans here might help meh with some names.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 07:47:34 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2006, 08:04:32 PM »
blue thunder irt was 86 nfor real
mousie(how mousie was u-19 me ain't know)
troy
eddie hart son-barry,
a tacarigua man Sean-something, he was the key man onin the midfield red man
i wanna say grimes was after them men
spicer and sambo as co-coaches
that about all ah give yuh

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2006, 08:22:10 PM »
troy
eddie hart son-barry,

Yeah, Mousie, Troy and Barry, ah think dat is de 3 dat played fuh de top team in de Eddie Hart league. Grimes, Stern John and Kevin Jeffery was definitely on different teams.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 08:41:50 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2006, 08:30:58 PM »
Tranquil 1972, 73,74,75,76,still happens to be the best that rule the 70's with the likes of tom phillip,sharky henry,rigsby..................   

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2006, 08:46:14 PM »
Tranquil 1972, 73,74,75,76,still happens to be the best that rule the 70's with the likes of tom phillip,sharky henry,rigsby..................   

Like I wasn't born yet, cuz me eh know dem players nah.  ;D
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2006, 08:49:09 PM »

Tell meh yuh playin!

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2006, 09:00:54 PM »
the best teams for me  of  intercol ,but my favourite naps

south-naps,p town,pres,benedict's
north-fatima,Mucurapo,St Anthony's,malick,QRC
east-arima,el do, St Augustine
central-pres
tobago-Signal Hill,scarbrough

the best in history that produce the greatest footballers -St Benedict's
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2006, 09:46:40 PM »
De best intercol team in T&T history was Dom Basil Matthews St Benedicts under Brunner.

Warren Archibald
Steve David
Leo De Leon

was just some of de men on dah team.

Dem fellas was schoolboys and comprise more dan half of de senior mens National team.  T&T may never see the likes again...EVER.  I mehself never see dem when dey was in school....I was too young dem times but dem fellas turn out to be some a de best footballers T&T ever produce.

Others worth mentionin...

Sando Tech wit Spann and Peter Mitchell (yuh see Observer..ah gi yuh boy he props) and again later on wit Latas and Leonson

St Anthony's wit Kenwyne and dem

Malik wit Dwarika, Whitley, Lawrence and co

But nobody ever come close and more dan likely will never come close to dat Benedicts team.

Ah know it have plenty on dis forum mus be askin Warren who? etc  but allyuh need to know where yuh come from before yuh could know where yuh goin.  Is not now T&T playin football.

Palos after de 1970 black power movement it have ah school name Tranquillity which I attended in de early 70's and was cut arse for QRC /CIC / FATIMA/ TRINITY/ BELMONT/ PRES/ NAPS/ ..understand it from this point of view,black  people in dem times was fustrated, tranquil was a real trini school, boys and girls every creed an race and was truly one love no hate with all students, teachers used to give out song sheets and little flags, we also had ah white boy name Mareno who was a star in tranquil, it was this freeing up period that tranquil came to the front and no time before or after has tranquil equalled this feat, we had a huge student population, when our support came out was thousands, there was also our number one supporter ah man called ATTACK, an when he start up is pressure... plus real girls .. is thanks to tranquil the original leaders of this new intercol spirit that all them other big name schools wanted our glory, it may have been for a short period but tranquil was the best ask people who witness it, if you were to young well hard luck......

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2006, 09:55:23 PM »
who remembered d game in 98 in d oval with CIC and Anthony's..Gibbons score from a corner...Anthony's win that game 4-3 after they were down 3-1.

Another big game i saw was the 95 big 8 final ( imay be incorrect) but it was between malick and Benedicts.
d Lions were up 1-0 but malick came back to win 2-1. I was in form 1 and i remember dat d benedicts winger was doung malick right back wat he want whole game. But a classic game none the less.

That game Play in Skinner Park, it was raining..... I think it was actually a replay if I remember correctly...

Reasons why I remember that game was because Cornwall had rest a clout on one of dem malick men.... Man de whole park hear dat one weee..... !Smack! over de tassa and all

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2006, 09:58:23 PM »

Tell meh yuh playin!

:rotfl:
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2006, 10:26:14 PM »
De best intercol team in T&T history was Dom Basil Matthews St Benedicts under Brunner.

Warren Archibald
Steve David
Leo De Leon

was just some of de men on dah team.

Dem fellas was schoolboys and comprise more dan half of de senior mens National team.  T&T may never see the likes again...EVER.  I mehself never see dem when dey was in school....I was too young dem times but dem fellas turn out to be some a de best footballers T&T ever produce.

Others worth mentionin...

Sando Tech wit Spann and Peter Mitchell (yuh see Observer..ah gi yuh boy he props) and again later on wit Latas and Leonson

St Anthony's wit Kenwyne and dem

Malik wit Dwarika, Whitley, Lawrence and co

But nobody ever come close and more dan likely will never come close to dat Benedicts team.

Ah know it have plenty on dis forum mus be askin Warren who? etc  but allyuh need to know where yuh come from before yuh could know where yuh goin.  Is not now T&T playin football.

Palos after de 1970 black power movement it have ah school name Tranquillity which I attended in de early 70's and was cut arse for QRC /CIC / FATIMA/ TRINITY/ BELMONT/ PRES/ NAPS/ ..understand it from this point of view,black  people in dem times was fustrated, tranquil was a real trini school, boys and girls every creed an race and was truly one love no hate with all students, teachers used to give out song sheets and little flags, we also had ah white boy name Mareno who was a star in tranquil, it was this freeing up period that tranquil came to the front and no time before or after has tranquil equalled this feat, we had a huge student population, when our support came out was thousands, there was also our number one supporter ah man called ATTACK, an when he start up is pressure... plus real girls .. is thanks to tranquil the original leaders of this new intercol spirit that all them other big name schools wanted our glory, it may have been for a short period but tranquil was the best ask people who witness it, if you were to young well hard luck......

YUH EH LIE ON DE BLOCK ...yuh bring back good memories dey dread ,I mehself  mention in ah similar thread bout man like Brian Rigbsy and Michael Wiley,de yellow and black rule dem time Tranquil use to destroy ppl Tom Phillips,Alvin Edwards,Patrick Fredericks,Keith Sandiford,Rabbi Weeks,Rudy,Carle...Presentation get 5 in de island final ...but ah big big player ah forget to mention back in dem days,an Palos ah know yuh must know this player,is Curtis SEEDERS Murrell ...big big ballah play for de Defense Force and TnT and is one ah de best dribbler/ball handler yuh wud ever see ...back den intercol drawing thousands and was ah much defferent atmospher is everybody use to come out aunty,tanty,uncle,nennen....those were the days ....
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2006, 10:28:45 PM »

u should be embarassed to even admit the ball was better because men repeat O levels 12 times just to sweat. If things hadn't change I coulda be running Intercol all now  ;D

every generation says the same thing yet never wises up and continues to drone on about how things in their time was better. you suffering from the 'good ole days' syndrome. at least you eh come like fishs and buss some 1933 stats on us  ;D ;D

fishs..is kix :beermug:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2006, 10:30:14 PM »
So Fihlo who is your team ? .....and yes Tranquil was de Best  ;D
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2006, 01:48:17 AM »
troy
eddie hart son-barry,

Yeah, Mousie, Troy and Barry, ah think dat is de 3 dat played fuh de top team in de Eddie Hart league. Grimes, Stern John and Kevin Jeffery was definitely on different teams.

David Grimmes and Sheldon Brathwaite were the big players on dat squad...Colin Osbourne and ah 15 yr old Anthony Sherwood were the big players for Pres that year. ElDo and Pres were the big guns...El Do won intercol and Pres mash dem up to win the Big 7.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 01:51:44 AM by real madness »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2006, 03:36:22 AM »
qrc neva see a side so til my squad in 2003 (devenish...simba....duff...mikail....me....aldo weyyyyyyyyyyyys rell men eh) win it .....and buss up st.anthonys .......ra ra ra ra

Sorry there my youth...QRC side in 68 went through the whole season unbeaten and had a record for least goals conceded or somethign so and the 91 side under Roderick Warner lose 2 games for the season...the first game of the year 4-3 up WestMoorings where St. Anthony's was our bogey side, and then the last game the Big 8 final against CIC(with gally coaching them) where they injure star striker Jeremy Shortt and beat us 2-1. That side was going to win everything that year but the intercol final get call off cause the next semi between arima and benedicts get call off because a war break out between them schools. That 91 side beat Dwarika Malick, Trotman's Arima, Kevin Jeffries Eldo (Stern was probably around in them days too and nobody knew him yet)...real good sides that year.

Sooo...QRC has seen many good teams through the years prior to those 2. Even the team the year before the 97 side, with Hector Sam, Vlady, white boy Martin was real good but is either Glasgow or Irasto Knights was the difference btwn them winnign the north zone and some theifing in Tobago allow Signal hill to beat them in the semis for both national titles

Ah see dat side play.
Ah remeber ah intercol game in de stadium ah tink it was against Malick.
Shortt run down de right side , cross de ball, Keno Maso blast onetime,
ball come off de crossbay guess who tuck it in ... Jeremy Shortt.
De man had rell rell pace.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2006, 03:42:55 AM »

What is greatest intercol jump up yuh ever experience?

John D vs Fatima score 3-3 '76

Rell pan on de streets after.
Belmont fifth demension
Even Starlift sen ah small side

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2006, 05:02:57 AM »
Allyuh men eh easy nuh.  dem fatima man bashin' we QRC tradition because dey get lucky last year against mucorapo.  Every generation will always have its debates against other generations, but the one thing that slippin' allyuh men wisdom is the fact that, every team will rule the roost at some point in history, for some period of time, no matter how big a period, or how small a period. PERIOD!!  Tranquil was runnin' tings in de 70's until Clauzelle and Mucorapo came and had the Biggest impact on Inter-Col that I  have ever experienced (and he only played TWO SEASONS  for Compre!) but in my opinion, that was the BEST team that I ever saw play even though John-D break meh heart in de oval and beat dem in the North Zone final ( I wasn't goin QRC yet) I even give props to the Brian Netto days of Fatima that beat a real good Tranquil side on CIC grounds that boasted a great 'keeper in Richard Hood leading their defence. Then along came the "Green Machine" then San Juan and Arima then Sando Tech and El Dorado and each of these teams at one point or another was "the team to beat" but overall the football was GREAT!! I am not trying to bash these two teams, but fatima-mucorapo last year was a poorly played game in a practically empty stadium.  that was a shame.
     Men talkin' about how back in de days, people was takin' "O" levels 12 times and ting......like men eh doin dat NOW!  Isn't Kenwyne Jones from Tobago?  How he end up playin' fuh St. Anthony's?   :whistling:  Dat school pullin' "Tigers" from all over de planet to play fuh dem (we might even see a Siberian Tiger run out in dey colours one day and all!!) and I eh sure they even goin' there for communion.  Don't feel bad, "Tiger" fans, Downer used to do the same thing in the 80's at St. Augustine........among many other schools.

I have to say that us "older heads" don't necessarily offer our opinions on blind loyalty to our generation.  We don't have to.  I missed all of the football from the late 80's and beyond, but having played with Kona, Mousie, Grimes and a host of other men from THAT time I can honestly say that these were great players.  But having "endured" the Fatima-Mucorapo North Zone final at the stadium...........well, I hope that game is not a barometer of the standard throughout the nation.  If so, Inter-col in trouble!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2006, 06:11:15 AM »
Allyuh men eh easy nuh. dem fatima man bashin' we QRC tradition because dey get lucky last year against mucorapo. Every generation will always have its debates against other generations, but the one thing that slippin' allyuh men wisdom is the fact that, every team will rule the roost at some point in history, for some period of time, no matter how big a period, or how small a period. PERIOD!! Tranquil was runnin' tings in de 70's until Clauzelle and Mucorapo came and had the Biggest impact on Inter-Col that I have ever experienced (and he only played TWO SEASONS for Compre!) but in my opinion, that was the BEST team that I ever saw play even though John-D break meh heart in de oval and beat dem in the North Zone final ( I wasn't goin QRC yet) I even give props to the Brian Netto days of Fatima that beat a real good Tranquil side on CIC grounds that boasted a great 'keeper in Richard Hood leading their defence. Then along came the "Green Machine" then San Juan and Arima then Sando Tech and El Dorado and each of these teams at one point or another was "the team to beat" but overall the football was GREAT!! I am not trying to bash these two teams, but fatima-mucorapo last year was a poorly played game in a practically empty stadium. that was a shame.
 Men talkin' about how back in de days, people was takin' "O" levels 12 times and ting......like men eh doin dat NOW! Isn't Kenwyne Jones from Tobago? How he end up playin' fuh St. Anthony's? :whistling: Dat school pullin' "Tigers" from all over de planet to play fuh dem (we might even see a Siberian Tiger run out in dey colours one day and all!!) and I eh sure they even goin' there for communion. Don't feel bad, "Tiger" fans, Downer used to do the same thing in the 80's at St. Augustine........among many other schools.

I have to say that us "older heads" don't necessarily offer our opinions on blind loyalty to our generation. We don't have to. I missed all of the football from the late 80's and beyond, but having played with Kona, Mousie, Grimes and a host of other men from THAT time I can honestly say that these were great players. But having "endured" the Fatima-Mucorapo North Zone final at the stadium...........well, I hope that game is not a barometer of the standard throughout the nation. If so, Inter-col in trouble!!

is unfair to imply that kenwyn did olevels 12 times...u sound relatively intelligent...so if u wud jus calculate his age..and d length of time he left school...

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2006, 06:22:37 AM »

An before dat, Saints in 70 and 71 (even though if i recall correctly, technical beat dem in one of those years).  An I cah comment on de rest of the years after dat because meh parent tell me ah moving to Canada and ah had to go wid dem.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2006, 06:30:53 AM »

An before dat, Saints in 70 and 71 (even though if i recall correctly, technical beat dem in one of those years).  An I cah comment on de rest of the years after dat because meh parent tell me ah moving to Canada and ah had to go wid dem.

Poor Fellah  ;D ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2006, 07:07:39 AM »
So Fihlo who is your team ? .....and yes Tranquil was de Best  ;D

killa....FATIMA is my team.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2006, 10:02:52 AM »
Naps 99 minus Sanjeev Katwaro* (spelling)
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2006, 11:12:48 AM »
troy
eddie hart son-barry,

David Grimmes and Sheldon Brathwaite were the big players on dat squad...Colin Osbourne and ah 15 yr old Anthony Sherwood were the big players for Pres that year. ElDo and Pres were the big guns...El Do won intercol and Pres mash dem up to win the Big 7.

sure bout grimes  on the squad that win
i always thought grimes play with the team that had ince in goal but i could be wrong
Grimes was a nasty dribbler just embarassing people

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2006, 01:48:20 PM »
troy
eddie hart son-barry,

sure bout grimes  on the squad that win
i always thought grimes play with the team that had ince in goal but i could be wrong
Grimes was a nasty dribbler just embarassing people

Yeah, now dat people throwing names out dey, meh memory coming back a bit. Ah think real madness make ah mistake dey, Sheldon Brathwaite suppose tuh be "Mouse", and if I'm correct, he was on de 1986 killa squad. Grimes, Stern John and Kevin Jeffry, dey were on other different teams. Ah doh remember who Ince played with.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 02:16:37 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

1]; } ?>