April 24, 2024, 09:28:39 AM

Author Topic: Allyuh take ah look at de man stripping Jack ah de ball  (Read 3643 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Allyuh take ah look at de man stripping Jack ah de ball
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 07:05:54 AM »
Jack fack up there..... but to be honest, you have to be 10 yards away from the goalie when he is clearing de ball or else de game will get very hostile and dis-organise....

Jack is an ass for true, lets hope yhe learn something here..... he could have handed the game to Bahrain in de last second of de game.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 07:23:47 AM »
I am not sure about the 10-yards rule but moreso the dangerous play.  Jack messed up big time at that stage of the game (Knowing the rules you could see that Jack was surprised at what the Bahrain player did) so in fairness to Jack if he was to follow thru with his kick he could have either injured the Bahrain player or himself.  Back in the days that would have been a sure goal.

I came across this from a good friend when researching the incident:

Straight from FIFA rules:

Offences against goalkeepers
Referees are reminded that:
* it is an offence for a player to prevent a goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands
* a player must be penalised for playing in a dangerous manner if he kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it.
* it is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by   unfairly impeding him at the taking of a corner kick
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 08:21:37 AM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 07:59:10 AM »
breds we done know is ah foul.

I eh blaming Jack fuh dat.

I am sure he did not expect de player to do what he did as he is ah goalkeeper nad know de rules.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 08:11:26 AM »
yeah jack should have been more cautious there never know could have been some idiot ref who don't have a clue that may allow the damn goal. 

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 08:14:34 AM »
point taken.  But shit dem Bahranis should know de rules.  Everybody who ver run ball know dat yuh cyar tackle ah keeper when he kicking de ball out  steups

and den to make big appeal out ah dat...more steups

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 08:46:54 AM »
Everybody should cool with the blaming of Jack because remember the keeper only has 6 seconds to release the ball and nobody in all of football does do that shit that the Bahrain player did with the exception of Henry once i think. Jack didn't have to be cautious because it is not something normal that happens so it will not be in your mind, it's not like a Gazelle going to drink in a pond full of crocs and he knows he has to watch his throat. On the other hand, the comment about a stupid referee is valid because our own Ramesh Ramdhan, world cup referee and all said that the referee blew for a high foot and also if the Bahrain player had used his head, T&T would have been in for some trouble. I was ashamed for the man. In the first place, whatever the player put would have been wrong and then Think about it, who in they right mind, watching Jack going to kick the shit out of the ball and will put their head ??? That's hospital and brain surgery if he connect to the man head :rotfl: :rotfl:
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 08:47:22 AM »
It was officially a foul but jack still do real shit there.
Honestly he wasn't in any danger and if the shoe was on the other foot I would have been real pissed.
Jack should have never put the side in that position
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 09:07:06 AM »
To be fair, maybe he DID know about the rule properly and was aware that he was fast running out of time to give the ball up....watch the replay again, he was on the last second of allowable time to hold the ball.
Better he do what he did than drop the ball from his hands and try to play it with his feet with the bahrain player so nearby. Or hold on to it and get an indirect free kick conceeded.
He did the right thing yes, cause yuh cyah complain that a man too near to yuh and blocking u from kicking the ball, and he had no other choice as all his players had run upfield, so no one to throw it too.

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 09:20:44 AM »
Jack definitely was not using his head. He should not have released the ball with that man lurking around. He could have moved away or even used some time wasting tactics as we were ahead and just seconds away from qualifying.

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 09:39:32 AM »
i realllly did not know what was going thru JAck head nah..as a goalie...he shoulda be more responsible wit the ball...run down the clock a bit more..and HOW THE HELL ON EARTH HE DID NOT SEE THE PLAYER THERE!!!!...even stevie wonder woulda see a player lurking close by!!!!

I never see more..meh heart almost drop out me chest yeh!!!

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 10:39:08 AM »
Everybody should cool with the blaming of Jack because remember the keeper only has 6 seconds to release the ball and nobody in all of football does do that shit that the Bahrain player did with the exception of Henry once i think. Jack didn't have to be cautious because it is not something normal that happens so it will not be in your mind, it's not like a Gazelle going to drink in a pond full of crocs and he knows he has to watch his throat. On the other hand, the comment about a stupid referee is valid because our own Ramesh Ramdhan, world cup referee and all said that the referee blew for a high foot and also if the Bahrain player had used his head, T&T would have been in for some trouble. I was ashamed for the man. In the first place, whatever the player put would have been wrong and then Think about it, who in they right mind, watching Jack going to kick the shit out of the ball and will put their head ??? That's hospital and brain surgery if he connect to the man head :rotfl: :rotfl:
Don't get it twisted Yorke did that once in a EPL game for ManU ran in hard on the keeper big difference the keepers foot had already hit the ball in essence Yorke charged down the punt but a half a second earlier and it woulda be the same thing I wonder if the ref then woulda still credit the goal to Dwight.
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 10:45:40 AM »
even with the 6 second rule, the most jack would earn is a yellow. the risk is that the ref would have allowed the goal. difficult decision to make on the spot, but it seemed like it would be safer to take the card rather than risk a goal.

Offline Trini Simply Better

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 10:46:23 AM »
Jack was nervous during the game.  Even in the first half that high ball that came into the area and he jumped up to catch it and completely missed it.  If it wasn't for the defender who headed it out, he could have been blamed even for a goal there.  Is this his usaul form or was it only nerves in that game?

Anyway missed you guys.  I'll pop in every once in a while to say hello and join in.  Hope you don't mind ;)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 10:49:25 AM »
good morning fellas...and ladies

Jack had real room to kick de ball out or even throw it out. Ah find it had to believe that he didn't see dat man standing up dey.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 10:52:16 AM »
or maybe Jack was trying to force a yellow on the man, and waste more time knowing the ref stop the play.  maybe  big gamble to take though
thank God this ref was not stupid.

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 10:59:42 AM »
Jack was nervous during the game.  Even in the first half that high ball that came into the area and he jumped up to catch it and completely missed it.  If it wasn't for the defender who headed it out, he could have been blamed even for a goal there.  Is this his usaul form or was it only nerves in that game?

Anyway missed you guys.  I'll pop in every once in a while to say hello and join in.  Hope you don't mind ;)

stick arouns plenty Bah..I still have lessons to teach you :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Dundee Mad

• New Warrior
  • Dee4Life and Beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 11:06:41 AM »
Bottom line is the Bahraini was in the wrong.

Stop having a go at OUR Kelvin !!!

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 11:08:13 AM »

ah tell yuh come hang out with us in Germany, you will never have more fun in your life.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 11:19:26 AM »
Jack was nervous during the game.  Even in the first half that high ball that came into the area and he jumped up to catch it and completely missed it.  If it wasn't for the defender who headed it out, he could have been blamed even for a goal there.  Is this his usaul form or was it only nerves in that game?

Anyway missed you guys.  I'll pop in every once in a while to say hello and join in.  Hope you don't mind ;)

stick arouns plenty Bah..I still have lessons to teach you :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nah Truetrini the man have ah point.
If wasn't for Dog that was going straight in and it would ah be a howler. Jack would ah look like ah ranking shitsnake. The cries would have been drop Jack and start Shaka leh we be real. In the big scheme of things that was worse that when the man kick the ball out Jack hand. The only reason we talking bout is cause the ball actually went into the net.

Més que un club.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2005, 01:16:05 PM »

Don't mind you dropping in once & a while but you need to change your handle to "Bah Simply Beaten" as you are definitely not Better!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2005, 01:20:20 PM »
Jack fack up there..... but to be honest, you have to be 10 yards away from the goalie when he is clearing de ball or else de game will get very hostile and dis-organise....

Jack is an ass for true, lets hope yhe learn something here..... he could have handed the game to Bahrain in de last second of de game.....

I admit that Jack could have avoided all of dat, but let's not pong him so, cause he did pull off one of the saves of the week at the end of the game to preserve our victory, so he more than atoned for that error!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2005, 01:30:36 PM »
wha allyuh still arguin for?? it done gone... bahrain home & we in germany nex year!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2005, 03:22:38 PM »
i feel Jack didnt even know the rule had changed a couple years ago..he really did a big piece of arseholeness which was totally unwarranted in the current situation..we woulda been in trouble if it was the Japanese referree who did the Bah v Uzb game lol..anyway it's in the past and we win..i prefer Imps over Jack anyday.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>