April 27, 2024, 05:38:58 PM

Author Topic: Brent Rahim Thread  (Read 82432 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Brent Rahim Thread
« on: April 11, 2005, 05:25:05 PM »
Brent Rahim aims to get back in under Beenhakker.
Issued By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s Scottish-based midfielder Brent Rahim is setting his mind on forcing his way back into the National Team under new coach Leo Beenhakker.
That was the indication given by the talented Falkirk player on Friday as he explained the ups and downs of his current season which saw him slip to the bench for Falkirk and out of the National team which he last played for in a 3-0 loss to Mexico in Puebla City.
The 26-year-old celebrated Falkirk’s winning of the Scottish First Division last week alongside countryman Russell Latapy. The win also booked their place into the Premier League for next season but Rahim could be left considering other options as his contract runs out at the end of the season.
“Honestly speaking, this has been a very difficult year for me in terms of playing time. I have been in and out of the Falkirk team and then I got dropped from the national team during the latter part of last year. I have been training and playing regularly with the reserves and getting short runs with the first team but it just hasn’t been good enough,” Rahim told TTFF Media on Friday.
His agent is carded to hold talks with Falkirk next week and Rahim is hoping that there will be some resolution regarding his playing time. Possible moves to Belgium or the German Bundesliga are in the pipeline but Rahim said that the chance of playing in the Premier League with Falkirk could also lead to him signing a new contract once an offer comes through.
“There are possible options but they have said here that new contracts will be on the table for some of the guys and obviously new faces will be coming in for next season. The main thing is I will be better off at a club where I’m getting playing time. Last year turned out tough because I gave a lot of my time to the national team and at the same time the club team was flying high in the League which meant it was always going to be difficult for me to get back into the first team. And then just like that I didn’t get recalled to the National team which came like a kick in the chest for me,” added Rahim, who has been used mostly in a right midfield and wingback position at Falkirk.
“Once there is some sort of compromise which could see me getting back into the first team then I will be happy but if not then I’ll obviously have to move on because the main thing for me now is to get back into first team action.”
The former West Ham United player is hoping to touch base with Beenhakker this month when the Dutchman visits Scotland to meet with T&T’s overseas pros and then possibly return home to get in a few sessions with the team once the chance arises in May. Dundee United striker Jason Scotland is also hoping to get back into the mix. Rahim's return could give Beenhakker options to consider with Silvio Spann, Carlos Edwards, Leslie Fitzpatrick, Arnold Dwarika, Angus Eve, Dwight Yorke and David Nakhid at his disposal.
“I’m thankful for (Bertille) St Clair for giving me the chance to get in the team but it was also disappointing to just get shelved last year,” said Rahim. “Now I’m hoping that I can come back and add something positive to the team under the new coach. I’ve kept on training and I am still willing to come back and give whatever I can in my capacity as a player for the team.”
Rahim, who rose to the spotlight when he made his senior debut in 2000 in a team which included Stern John, Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy, David Nakhid, Angus Eve, Anthony Rougier, Marvin Andrews and others, is hopeful of having similar impact this time around, stating also that Latapy’s appointment as assistant coach was big news at Falkirk.
“From my understanding, he’s looking forward to coming back home and getting involved in the national team again and it’s been big news at the club here. The new coach obviously is a plus at the moment and I think all of the guys are just waiting on the chance to start working under him and I think Russell is just as enthusiastic as everyone else,” ended Rahim who netted for Falkirk’s Reserves in a 1-1 draw with Greenock Morton on Tuesday.
News from the 14th of April 2005.
Densill Theobald fit and waiting on Beenhakker.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

National midfielder Densill “Bleeder” Theobald is making himself fit and ready for the return of Head coach Leo Beenhakker in the first week of May.
Theobald suffered an instep injury during the Digicel Caribbean Cup in February and has been ruled out of action since, missing the two 2006 World Cup Qualifying matches against Guatemala and Costa Rica. He earlier impressed in the 2-1 loss to the United States.
His foot had been in a cast but he has since resumed training with Caledonia Fire following a rehab treatment with National Team physiotherapist Zeph Nicholas. Midfielder Arnold Dwarika has also recovered from an ankle strain along with Derek King but Glasgow Rangers defender Marvin Andrews continues to be plagued by his cruciate ligament injury. He’s currently wearing a brace and undergoing rehab but is firm on his decision to avoid surgery. English-born defender Ian Cox has also recovered from a hamstring pull which ruled him out of the Guatemala match.
Theobald should make a return to action in Tuesday’s Pro league fixture between Fire and Vibe CT 105  W Connection.
“I think I have paid my dues with regards to getting over this injury which came at a very bad time for me. Daily rehab and a lot of rest brought me back to where I am now and I feel pretty good. I’m just looking forward to getting back on the pitch in time for when the new coach arrives,” Theobald told TTFF Media on Wednesday.
The former Malick Senior Comprehensive player has been one of the emerging players of recent and he thinks that the introduction of Beenhakker will spark a revival by the “Warriors”.
“I think we were in the process of getting it together as a team but maybe something was missing and I feel that the coming of the new coach could be the turning point. He’s bringing a lot to the team and I think it’s an exciting period for all of us going into the next set of games. Everyone will be anxious to do well especially with the new coach and the fact that we must get a victory against Panama,” Theobald said. He also feels the fans have a pivotal role to play in the team’s drive for success.
“I was in the stands for the Costa Rica game and you could have sensed that there are people who really want to see the team do well but yet you don’t really get that feeling. The people here are too shy or something when it comes to supporting,” Theobald said with a laugh. “They sit there and they don’t urge you on as you see in other countries and as players that extra push from the fans does make a difference in how we feel out there on the field.”
Apart from the ‘Warriors’ experience, Theobald is also anticipating a move to the overseas professional circuit. With English side Queen’s Park Rangers expressing interest, American MLS side Kansas City Wizards has also joined the teams following him. The Wizards, same side of local striker Scott Sealy, wanted Theobald on trial but had to delay because of his injury. They have maintained their interest and according to the player, they are likely to have him over following the 2005 Gold Cup in July.
Beenhakker would obviously please to have as many of the regular fit players at his disposal come May.
“It’s important that I have access to most if not all because it’s an important process leading up to the game and with me now taking over the team. Apart from getting feedback and seeing what the players have done before, it would be a plus to have everyone around,”  Beenhakker said.
Meantime, midfielder Leslie Fitzpatrick returned to Atlanta on Friday and is expected to tie up a new deal in the MLS this week.
News from the 12th of April 2005.
‘Warriors’ mindful of World Cup goal.
By: Shaun Fuentes, TTFF Media Officer
[/size]

With training expected to resume in the first week of May, several of this country’s senior footballers have expressed enthusiasm in beginning work under recently appointed head coach Leo Beenhakker.
But several have also moved in to ensure that the camaraderie  in the team remains in light of the current change up in management of the team.
Beenhakker, an experienced professional by all means, said it was important that he and his new staff be able to maintain an understanding throughout the team pointing out that at no time should those concerned lose sight of the ultimate goal which is getting to the 2006 World Cup in Germany.
”We are all here to get a job done and to accomplish that goal and I am certain that we are all professional enough to know what is required to achieve this,” Beenhakker said last week.
Coventry City striker Stern John realizes that his on-field form is most important to him at this time but he is also aware that team spirit is a main factor for the “Warriors”.
“Right now we must be careful about how these new developments come into play. The results in this round so far was not what any of us hoped for and maybe because of that, changes have been made and we must live with that and see how best we can use it to our advantage,” John said. “It’s sad anytime you have to see your old coach (Bertille St Clair) and Manager (Richard Braithwaite) getting the axe because over a period you develop something with them outside of just football. But at the end of the day, changes are made for betterment and we have a coach now with a good track record and hopefully we can all make this work under him.
Like John, Dwight Yorke, Marvin Andrews, David Nakhid and Shaka Hislop who have all worn the captain’s armband, all feel the same over the current scenario.
Andrews, currently nursing a knee injury received support from Glasgow Rangers manager Alex McLeish who said on the weekend that he would not count on playing Andrews again despite his refusal to undergo surgery. Andrews couldn’t comment but maintained high hopes for the “Warriors”.
Yorke meantime, in the midst of contract discussions, said that he still wants to see T&T to Germany in 2006.
“I’m sure my future will be revealed soon. There are a lot of things in the pipeline and it’s no secret that I’ve wanted to play in the middle east. There are a few offers there on the table and I just have to consider which direction I really want to go for the remainder of my career. I feel strong at the moment and I’m looking to have another two years. I’ve also certainly dedicated the next year or so to Trinidad and Tobago’s football and try to get this team to the next World Cup,” Yorke told TTFF Media.
And while Russell Latapy tasted Scottish First Division success with Falkirk on the weekend, he’s still having fun as a player. "My body will determine how long I’m able to keep playing. I still enjoy playing, I love it. I love getting up and going in for training every day, so as long as I can handle it physically I’ll play. In saying that I don’t want to get to the stage where I’m not doing the team or myself any justice. If it got to that point I would just chuck it, but I’m having fun at this present time,” Latapy told Scottish reporters on Thursday.
Beenhakker is expected to begin his meetings with this country’s European-based pros this month before returning to take up duties here in the first week of May.
Jack Warner chairs CONCACAF Ex-Co meeting.
[/size]
The CONCACAF Executive Committee met for the first time in 2005 at the offices of the CONCACAF General Secretariat in New York City on Friday.
The meeting began with a presentation of New York City’s bid to host the 2012 Olympic Games by members of the bidding committee including Donna De Verona. The presentation was well received by the CONCACAF Executive Committee, which unanimously supported New York City’s candidacy for the 2012 Olympic Games.
Under the Chairmanship of CONCACAF President, Jack Warner, the Committee then received reports on all past, current and future competitions in addition to departmental reports covering all aspects of the Confederation’s activities.
Following reports of projectiles being thrown by spectators onto the field of play and toward officials and players, most recently during the CONCACAF Champions’ Cup match between Deportivo Saprissa (CRC) and CF Monterrey (MEX) on Wednesday (7 April), the CONCACAF Executive Committee affirmed its determination that clubs be held responsible for the actions of their supporters within stadiums. The Committee further emphasized the intention of CONCACAF to make full use of the penalties and sanctions at its disposal in dealing with such incidents.
The Committee was advised that the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) plans to hold a CFU Congress at the time of the next FIFA Congress, which is being held in Marrakech, Morocco from 9-11 September 2005. The CFU Congress will deal specifically with a proposal from the Jamaican Football Federation to go it alone in terms of the negotiation of TV rights associated with key events.
The Committee also heard that CONCACAF had been approached by UNICEF to form an alliance between the two organizations aiming to use the potential of the sport of football to promote the work of UNICEF and encourage the effective involvement of football in the delivery of UNICEF’s programs with children across the CONCACAF region. The Committee unanimously supported a proposal to work with UNICEF on an exclusive basis, as CONCACAF’s nominated partner, to provide more focused activities in pursuit of good causes.
The Committee also unanimously supported a proposal for the recently appointed CONCACAF Technical Director, Keith Look Loy, and the Director of Development, Richard Braithwaite, to coordinate efforts and work closely to produce a realistic and focused development program for CONCACAF for further consideration.
Finally the CONCACAF Executive Committee welcomed the news that Ms. Kerri Ann Alleyne has been appointed to the position of Deputy General Secretary of CONCACAF for the Caribbean Zone. Ms. Alleyne, who spent four years as the CFU Events Coordinator before being appointed as the CFU General Secretary, becomes the first woman ever to hold this or any similar such position within the CONCACAF family. The position of CONCACAF Deputy General Secretary (Caribbean Zone) was previously held by Mr. Harold Taylor, who has now been appointed as FIFA’s Development Officer for the Caribbean. The Committee thanked Mr. Taylor for his tireless and ongoing work and his lifelong commitment to football.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 07:03:44 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 04:05:20 PM »
Issued By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s Scottish-based midfielder Brent Rahim is setting his mind on forcing his way back into the National Team under new coach Leo Beenhakker.
That was the indication given by the talented Falkirk player on Friday as he explained the ups and downs of his current season which saw him slip to the bench for Falkirk and out of the National team which he last played for in a 3-0 loss to Mexico in Puebla City.
The 26-year-old celebrated Falkirk’s winning of the Scottish First Division last week alongside countryman Russell Latapy. The win also booked their place into the Premier League for next season but Rahim could be left considering other options as his contract runs out at the end of the season.
“Honestly speaking, this has been a very difficult year for me in terms of playing time. I have been in and out of the Falkirk team and then I got dropped from the national team during the latter part of last year. I have been training and playing regularly with the reserves and getting short runs with the first team but it just hasn’t been good enough,” Rahim told TTFF Media on Friday.
His agent is carded to hold talks with Falkirk next week and Rahim is hoping that there will be some resolution regarding his playing time. Possible moves to Belgium or the German Bundesliga are in the pipeline but Rahim said that the chance of playing in the Premier League with Falkirk could also lead to him signing a new contract once an offer comes through.
“There are possible options but they have said here that new contracts will be on the table for some of the guys and obviously new faces will be coming in for next season. The main thing is I will be better off at a club where I’m getting playing time. Last year turned out tough because I gave a lot of my time to the national team and at the same time the club team was flying high in the League which meant it was always going to be difficult for me to get back into the first team. And then just like that I didn’t get recalled to the National team which came like a kick in the chest for me,” added Rahim, who has been used mostly in a right midfield and wingback position at Falkirk.
“Once there is some sort of compromise which could see me getting back into the first team then I will be happy but if not then I’ll obviously have to move on because the main thing for me now is to get back into first team action.”
The former West Ham United player is hoping to touch base with Beenhakker this month when the Dutchman visits Scotland to meet with T&T’s overseas pros and then possibly return home to get in a few sessions with the team once the chance arises in May. Dundee United striker Jason Scotland is also hoping to get back into the mix. Rahim's return could give Beenhakker options to consider with Silvio Spann, Carlos Edwards, Leslie Fitzpatrick, Arnold Dwarika, Angus Eve, Dwight Yorke and David Nakhid at his disposal.
“I’m thankful for (Bertille) St Clair for giving me the chance to get in the team but it was also disappointing to just get shelved last year,” said Rahim. “Now I’m hoping that I can come back and add something positive to the team under the new coach. I’ve kept on training and I am still willing to come back and give whatever I can in my capacity as a player for the team.”
Rahim, who rose to the spotlight when he made his senior debut in 2000 in a team which included Stern John, Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy, David Nakhid, Angus Eve, Anthony Rougier, Marvin Andrews and others, is hopeful of having similar impact this time around, stating also that Latapy’s appointment as assistant coach was big news at Falkirk.
“From my understanding, he’s looking forward to coming back home and getting involved in the national team again and it’s been big news at the club here. The new coach obviously is a plus at the moment and I think all of the guys are just waiting on the chance to start working under him and I think Russell is just as enthusiastic as everyone else,” ended Rahim who netted for Falkirk’s Reserves in a 1-1 draw with Greenock Morton on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 08:14:06 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Brent Rahim aims to get back in under Beenhakker.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 05:50:49 PM »
SIMPLE answer to  the woes: BUST YUH ASS; SHOW FORM; TACKLE; STAY FIT AND PLAY YUH GAME AND YUH DEY.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 06:11:05 PM »
"His agent is carded to hold talks with Falkirk next week and Rahim is hoping that there will be some resolution regarding his playing time. Possible moves to Belgium or the German Bundesliga are in the pipeline."

RAHim should fire his agent and get realistic  talking crap about him getting a contract in the bundesliga and he cyar even play in the scottish first division .I cannot see him starting ahead of spann,tiger theobald boucard or even nahkid
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 11:19:13 PM »
so whats the deal with latapy ? is he still coming back ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 07:23:34 AM »
forget latapeeepeee nuh man yuh think he care about tnt all he want to do is get set for life
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 01:32:16 PM »

Rahim...you have to be a mad man to even consider resigning with Falkirk.
Just be glad the nightmare is almost over.

One thing might help is that even if you not in the first team you still have control over your fitness and you should work on that....as Alberta say buss yuh ass and be ready to run 90 mins at any given time...that is your best shot in the position you in now cuz nobody going to give you time to ketch yuhself playing in the first team.

Tiger just move to the MLS after such a short time with the National Team....the season start already but your agent should be looking over there cuz you have a name on that side from your College Days.
Be ready for the Gold Cup and right now you have to real impress cuz people doubting yuh.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 03:35:36 PM »
"His agent is carded to hold talks with Falkirk next week and Rahim is hoping that there will be some resolution regarding his playing time. Possible moves to Belgium or the German Bundesliga are in the pipeline."

RAHim should fire his agent and get realistic  talking crap about him getting a contract in the bundesliga and he cyar even play in the scottish first division .I cannot see him starting ahead of spann,tiger theobald boucard or even nahkid

i rarely agree with you triniman but yuh damn right! germany? lol.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline de source

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Brent Rahim Thread
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 09:43:45 PM »
Hopefully he get a run in de first team now

FALKIRK RES. 3 MORTON RES. 0

An experienced Falkirk Reserve side took on their Morton counterparts at a sun soaked Little Kerse today.

The Bairns started off at a sluggish pace and it was the Greenock men who had the better of the early chances. A last ditch Paul MacAloney challenge prevented the visitors from opening the scoring after 10 minutes and a few minutes later a diving header flew over the bar much to the relief of Darren Hill. Falkirk began to come more into the match and after 20 minutes, the Morton goalkeeper had to be quick off his line to deny the on-rushing Colin Marshall, played through by John Henry. The home side began to find a rhythm and Phil Creaney was unlucky, his 20 yard effort flying just over the bar.

The deadlock was broken in 38 minutes as the Henry/Marshall combination proved effective again. Henry sent Colin Marshall on a one-on-one with the goalkeeper and the youngster made no mistake this time, rounding the goalkeeper to coolly chip the ball into the back of the net.

Morton were quick to reply and probably deserved an equaliser, creating several chances and it took a point blank save from Darren Hill do deny the Cappielow side. The visitor’s winger had two excellent attempts to bring his side back into the game but his cute half volley from the edge of the box brought out another fantastic save from the impressive Hill. A few minutes later the same player then rounded Hill only to be denied by a goal-line clearance from Marc Twaddle. Falkirk could consider themselves very lucky to reach half-time with a slender lead.

A half-time team talk from coaches John O’Neil and Russell Latapy sparked the Reserve side into life from the restart. Morton were restricted to a few long range efforts that never really threatened the home goal and Falkirk began to show a desire to increase their lead, Phil Creaney gathering the ball in midfield and spraying a pass out wide to Brent Rahim. The Trinidadian used his pace to reach the bye-line and play in a dangerous cross which the outstretched Colin Marshall stabbed against the post. A sign of things to come.

Falkirk doubled their advantage in the 63rd minute. A through ball by Phil Creaney intended for John Henry saw an unfortunate slip from the Morton defender which allowed ‘Zippy’ to advance on the goalkeeper and coolly slot the ball into the bottom corner. Falkirk appeared comfortable and decided to freshen things up in the middle of the park with Andrew Dick replacing Phil Creaney after 66 minutes.

This game was by no means over and Morton battled hard to get back into the game forcing some very desperate Falkirk defending. The Bairns began to chase every ball to protect their lead and it was unfortunate to see Colin Marshall pull up with a hamstring injury. Marshall was a constant threat running in behind the Morton defence and he was replaced by Tam Scobbie in 68 minutes. Morton made substitutions of their own using their full allocation in a five minute spell as they attempted to get back into the game.

This game was to end as a contest in 76 minutes. Nicky Boyle released John Henry down the left and the midfielder played in an inch-perfect cross which was met by a fantastic diving header from Brent Rahim giving the Morton goalkeeper no chance.

The Falkirk bench were given another injury headache as young Scott Arfield pulled up with what appeared to be the second hamstring injury of the day. He was replaced by Ross Hayman with five minutes left on the clock

Morton’s heads were obviously down and some basic errors late on gifted chances to John Henry and Marc Twaddle but both failed to convert. On the whole, a good second half performance sealed the victory for Falkirk but Morton will be disappointed at failing to take their chances in the first half which would have made this game more of a contest.

Falkirk: Darren Hill, Scott Mauchline, Marc Twaddle, Brian Allison, Paul MacAloney, Philip Creaney (Andrew Dick 66), John Henry, Brent Rahim, Colin Marshall (Tam Scobbie 68), Nicky Boyle, Scott Arfield (Ross Hayman 85).

Subs Not Used- Craig Donaldson

CM

Picture : Colin Marshall clips home the first goal
**Courtesy of Gordon Whyte**
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 07:02:42 AM by Flex »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rahim Scores for Falkirk Reserves
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 11:10:06 AM »
FALKIRK RES. 3 MORTON RES. 0

An experienced Falkirk Reserve side took on their Morton counterparts at a sun soaked Little Kerse today.

The Bairns started off at a sluggish pace and it was the Greenock men who had the better of the early chances. A last ditch Paul MacAloney challenge prevented the visitors from opening the scoring after 10 minutes and a few minutes later a diving header flew over the bar much to the relief of Darren Hill. Falkirk began to come more into the match and after 20 minutes, the Morton goalkeeper had to be quick off his line to deny the on-rushing Colin Marshall, played through by John Henry. The home side began to find a rhythm and Phil Creaney was unlucky, his 20 yard effort flying just over the bar.

The deadlock was broken in 38 minutes as the Henry/Marshall combination proved effective again. Henry sent Colin Marshall on a one-on-one with the goalkeeper and the youngster made no mistake this time, rounding the goalkeeper to coolly chip the ball into the back of the net.

Morton were quick to reply and probably deserved an equaliser, creating several chances and it took a point blank save from Darren Hill do deny the Cappielow side. The visitor’s winger had two excellent attempts to bring his side back into the game but his cute half volley from the edge of the box brought out another fantastic save from the impressive Hill. A few minutes later the same player then rounded Hill only to be denied by a goal-line clearance from Marc Twaddle. Falkirk could consider themselves very lucky to reach half-time with a slender lead.

A half-time team talk from coaches John O’Neil and Russell Latapy sparked the Reserve side into life from the restart. Morton were restricted to a few long range efforts that never really threatened the home goal and Falkirk began to show a desire to increase their lead, Phil Creaney gathering the ball in midfield and spraying a pass out wide to Brent Rahim. The Trinidadian used his pace to reach the bye-line and play in a dangerous cross which the outstretched Colin Marshall stabbed against the post. A sign of things to come.

Falkirk doubled their advantage in the 63rd minute. A through ball by Phil Creaney intended for John Henry saw an unfortunate slip from the Morton defender which allowed ‘Zippy’ to advance on the goalkeeper and coolly slot the ball into the bottom corner. Falkirk appeared comfortable and decided to freshen things up in the middle of the park with Andrew Dick replacing Phil Creaney after 66 minutes.

This game was by no means over and Morton battled hard to get back into the game forcing some very desperate Falkirk defending. The Bairns began to chase every ball to protect their lead and it was unfortunate to see Colin Marshall pull up with a hamstring injury. Marshall was a constant threat running in behind the Morton defence and he was replaced by Tam Scobbie in 68 minutes. Morton made substitutions of their own using their full allocation in a five minute spell as they attempted to get back into the game.

This game was to end as a contest in 76 minutes. Nicky Boyle released John Henry down the left and the midfielder played in an inch-perfect cross which was met by a fantastic diving header from Brent Rahim giving the Morton goalkeeper no chance.

The Falkirk bench were given another injury headache as young Scott Arfield pulled up with what appeared to be the second hamstring injury of the day. He was replaced by Ross Hayman with five minutes left on the clock

Morton’s heads were obviously down and some basic errors late on gifted chances to John Henry and Marc Twaddle but both failed to convert. On the whole, a good second half performance sealed the victory for Falkirk but Morton will be disappointed at failing to take their chances in the first half which would have made this game more of a contest.

Falkirk: Darren Hill, Scott Mauchline, Marc Twaddle, Brian Allison, Paul MacAloney, Philip Creaney (Andrew Dick 66), John Henry, Brent Rahim, Colin Marshall (Tam Scobbie 68), Nicky Boyle, Scott Arfield (Ross Hayman 85).

Subs Not Used- Craig Donaldson

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Rahim Scores for Falkirk Reserves
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 12:36:54 PM »

U hadda cite where u get it from....it say the game was today but this happen over the weekend I believe.

Just add a link or the name of the website.

peace

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rahim Scores for Falkirk Reserves
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 08:33:52 PM »
Thanx.. I got this from the official Falkirk website. :-[

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Brent Rahim to come home.
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 02:41:26 AM »
Brent Rahim to come home.
[/color]

Scottish-based midfielder Brent Rahim is likely to return home next month to train with the National Senior team ahead of the next 2006 World Cup qualifier against Panama on June 4.
Rahim, who has been performing creditably for Falkirk Reserves, playing in a forward position as well, has not been given a break in the first team and is keen to either move on, or sort out a new contract at the Falkirk in time for the team’s entry to the Premiers League next season.
But aside from that, Rahim wants to at least give National coach Leo Beenhakker a chance at seeing him.
“It’s been a bit rough, but I think maybe I can come back and get some training under my belt with the new coach and try to at least earn a spot in the team again,” said Rahim, who last lined up for T&T in qualifying match against Mexico last year in Puebla.
Also carded to return home next month is Dundee United striker Collin Samuel, who has been getting some playing time in the first team. Bolton Wanderers’ Ricky Shakes is also expected back around the same time.
Meantime, current Connection player Atiba Charles is counting down the days before he returns for pre-season training with Oldham Athletic. He is also looking at options in Scotland.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Brent Rahim to come home.
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 06:00:53 AM »
Atleast Brent Rahim using his brains... thats a good move... Ricky Shakes coming to T&T to ??

Yorke and company should come down to..
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 06:35:32 AM »
norville should pay for his own ticket and come to

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 06:59:23 AM »
Rahim and Shakes eh ready for this campaign yet but at least they showing some desire to be part of the effort.
With PFL and English league on break Leo is going to have a LARGE pool of players to train with and pick from.  Spann and MLS crew might get left out in the shuffle.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 08:20:15 AM »
Spann not getting leff out ever again. based on the las game.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 08:50:07 AM »
thats good to hear.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2005, 09:43:47 AM »

The players are showing they are serious.
Thank goodness Rahim leave that pit.  I feel he will get better training at home and maybe regain some confidence.

Look like we have a good training camp in the works and the PFL went one step further and took a whole month off just for WCQ.

Wonder what the non-natonal team players will be up to in the interim?   ???

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2005, 09:50:38 AM »
well arrow i agree on the rahim,  but shakes has time ahead of him to develop he may not be best suited as a striker but he play as a right back and right wing

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2005, 04:09:03 PM »
norville and boucad should also take the chance and see how they stack up against the local boys

big pool of players they could play onanother every mornin anmd train hard in the eveniong but i

trust benhakker no wat he doin

any word on nakid as a player or even as a coach ??? ???
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brent Rahim released by Falkirk
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2005, 02:12:18 PM »
Falkirk FC

Head Coach, John Hughes, has today confirmed the names of six players being freed by the Club with immediate effect.

The under noted players have been freed from their contracts:

John Henry
Phil Creaney
Mark Campbell
James Sharp
Brent Rahim

Kevin James has also been freed from his contract, although, an extended deal was offered to the Club Captain, but he has decided to reject that, and is moving on to another club.

Discussions between John Hughes and the remainder of the playing staff are ongoing, and further announcements regarding contracts will be made in due course.

Confirmation of those players extending their deals will also be announced on the official site later this week.

Commenting today, the Head Coach said, “This is the downside to being a football manager. No one likes having to tell people they are not being offered a new deal, but I have to do what is best for Falkirk Football Club. I wish every single player who is leaving all the very best in their future careers. Once discussions have taken place with the rest of the squad, I will be able to confirm the rest of the players being freed, and those having their deals extended. There are also bids out to a number of players to join Falkirk, and further details in this respect will be made public once finalised.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brent Rahim released by Falkirk
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2005, 02:15:59 PM »
Now he could go and look fuh ah club where he could get some playing time.

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2005, 03:21:21 PM »
any word on his so called bundisliga plans???

he is 1 man that struggle to make in europe his agent shud try mls for him close to home an a pace he cud handle

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2005, 03:35:05 PM »
his agent shud try mls for him close to home an a pace he cud handle

He was offered a contract by de LA Galaxy after he graduated from de University of Connecticut, but it was small money (approx $20K). He opted tuh join Joe Public instead.

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »
la galaxy-joe public bad move number 1

wonder if a better one comes wat he go do

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2005, 06:56:47 PM »
la galaxy-joe public bad move number 1

wonder if a better one comes wat he go do

Hindsight is 20/20.  US$20,000?  Burger flippers at McDonalds does mek more in a year.  I did an interview with Rahim after the T&T vs USA match in Foxboro in 2001 and that was the time he was considering that offer as well as other European offers.

Yuh cyah blame de man fuh holdin out fuh Europe.  Joe Public was a interim ting.  More importantly, if he did sign wit MLS dem woulda own ALL he rights and dem get de transfer fee so dey dictate where he could go to.  At the time...it was the right decision fuh Brent.  He had trials at West Ham where he was liked but was a victim of the numbers game.  From there...his career went downhill but yuh cyah blame him for the route he chose.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
20,000K ! Steups
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2005, 09:14:13 PM »
I sure Public was giving him more money.
I doubt it have man in T&T pro leage playing for less than 2000 a month ( about the equivalent of that MLS salary in terms on TT$ and cost of living etc etc)
I woulda do the same at the time.

But u coulda also think that maybe if he had confidence in himself, he woulda suffer for the first year, play good, and get nice improvements afterwards.
He musta had all kinda thing going through his head with West Ham, agents, friends etc etc.

This is the best thing for him to get release now.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2005, 10:01:13 PM »

Freeeedddoooommmm

The nightmare over Brent.
Go somewhere that giving you some playing time, have good coaching support and paying reasonable money.  If you could get on the National Team that would also help you improve and make moves/negotiations.

The European season coming to an end now....I wonder if the MLS still taking players   :D  I go look for some openings   ::)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2005, 11:08:33 PM »
Brent was named young player of the year last year and now released. Imagine if yuh cnnot make it in the scottish first division then what. Oh and brent eh better than latapy and latapy.

rahim should look at the english league 2 or leage 1

1]; } ?>