April 27, 2024, 05:24:54 PM

Author Topic: Brent Rahim Thread  (Read 82430 times)

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rahim for MLS
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2006, 09:48:22 AM »
i always liked this fella game he not a bad player, wish him luck
just do your best

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2006, 09:58:55 AM »
Rahim's career has been like spinning top in mud. He has been a professional fuh de past 5-6 years, been at 6 different teams and yet has failed to command regular playing time at any of them. It baffles me as to why his career has been that unstable. Instead of packing it in he keeps persevering, so I will keep on supporting him. Do yuh ting brother man.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 17, 2006, 11:17:04 AM »
rahin was a boss a UConn. i think he could find a place in the MLS or USL D1. somethimes you just doh fit into cetain teams regardless of talent level. if the US doh work out, he could always come home.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2006, 12:56:24 PM »
I always felt he has the skill but you right he never holds down a commanding position on the field.
I admire him for sticking with it though

Offline de source

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Brent Rahim to join the Crew in Florida as a non-roster invitee
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2006, 10:28:30 PM »
Brent Rahim to join the Crew in Florida as a non-roster invitee
Columbus Crew Media Relations

Four players will join The Crew in Florida this week as non-roster invitees in their attempts to get a contract offer from the club. Forward Chris Carrieri, defender Adam Frye, defender Rusty Pierce and midfielder Brant Rahim will all be with the team this week.

Carrieri, the first overall pick in the 2001 MLS SuperDraft, played parts of four seasons in MLS (2001-04) and scored 19 goals with 17 assists in 75 career games. He played last season with the Richmond Kickers in the USL First Division. Frye played seven MLS seasons (1996-2002) with three different teams and appeared in 94 games. His last MLS season was in 2002 with Crew Head Coach Sigi Schmid and Los Angeles. Pierce played six MLS season (2000-05) with two teams and appeared in 116 games before being waived by Real Salt Lake at the end of last season. Rahim was drafted by Los Angeles in the fourth round in 2001 but never joined MLS, opting instead to sign with Joe Public in his native Trinidad & Tobago. He has played overseas for the past four years, with his last club being Falkirk in Scotland.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 10:34:05 PM by Tallman »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brent Rahim to join the Crew in Florida as a non-roster invitee
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2006, 01:11:51 AM »
 ???  But I thought Rahim was supposed to go to Dallas FC.  ???
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2006, 06:45:44 AM »
Here we go again...Rahim agent just trying to find the man a wuk instead of trying to find the man the correct job fit !!

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2006, 09:03:37 AM »
???  But I thought Rahim was supposed to go to Dallas FC.  ???

ent?
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2006, 04:22:20 PM »
Yuh men de man cayr even get ah contract offer in the MLS, withoug having to go through that shit? He agent need ah planass.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2006, 04:46:48 PM »
like he rel fightin down to geh pick for a side
and even if he geh pick i sure all he gehin is cerbeaux swet buh i wish him the best none the less

truetrini

« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2006, 06:27:42 PM »
Yuh men de man cayr even get ah contract offer in the MLS, withoug having to go through that shit? He agent need ah planass.

agent cyar do much if he lacking de talent.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2006, 06:39:36 PM »

agent cyar do much if he lacking de talent.

he lacking talent So what yuh trying to say  truetrini he eh up to par and he may not make the final 23
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2006, 07:46:21 PM »
rahim have no business on T&T 23 man roster. He does play like ah blasted pussy.  No desire, no fight, no effort.  This man is de total opposite of de word WARRIOR.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2006, 07:57:25 PM »
rahim have no business on T&T 23 man roster. He does play like ah blasted pussy.  No desire, no fight, no effort.  This man is de total opposite of de word WARRIOR.

men on here go kill yuh fuh saying dat
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 01, 2006, 02:01:24 AM »
rahim have no business on T&T 23 man roster. He does play like ah blasted pussy. No desire, no fight, no effort. This man is de total opposite of de word WARRIOR.

A word of advice: duck!  ;D
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 01, 2006, 02:54:00 PM »

I don't think it is accurate to say that Rahim doesn't play with desire, fight or effort for Trinidad.  The problem with Rahim was never that.  It is talent to shine on the International stage.  That is the problem.  The International game just seems too much for him to handle and so he always looks out of his depth when he plays. 

Maybe the man is a practice champ?

If Rahim makes the 23 I would be shocked.

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 01, 2006, 03:24:18 PM »
well rahim was always a talented player but I dont think he was ever able to take his game to another level.......he doesnt shine on the international stage and he obviously not doing it at club level either or else he wouldnt be consistantly look for work

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2006, 04:38:31 PM »
I think Beenhaker likes Rahim tho'

He values the fact that Rahim has decent technique and can follow instructions. If rahim get a MLS contract he making de 23. Jes' ah observation on how Beenie move in the past. Rahim only lost his spot cuz he was out of contract.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2006, 04:44:29 PM »
I think Beenhaker likes Rahim tho'

He values the fact that Rahim has decent technique and can follow instructions. If rahim get a MLS contract he making de 23. Jes' ah observation on how Beenie move in the past. Rahim only lost his spot cuz he was out of contract.

check  THE ROUGIER article  LEO  have no favorites.nEXT THING  reallY what has rahim done lately IN INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL  to deserve selection

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Brent Rahim to return home.
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2006, 03:40:13 AM »
Brent Rahim to return home.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Midfielder Brent Rahim may consider the option of returning home to join a local Pro League team before the 2006 World Cup. The former West Ham United player travelled to the USA last month to join the Dallas FC team in training with intentions of signing a deal but was forced away after, according to him, the club could not sign him due to their limit of overseas-signings already being filled up.
“It was difficult because I spent some time at the club but in the end they were supposed to get rid of one of the international players and it did not turn out that way. I might just look to come back home and play with one of the Pro League teams,” Rahim said on Monday.
Meantime, Gillingham defender Brent Sancho is also reported to be considering a loan move in England after finding it hard to get playing time under current Gillingham boss Ronnie Jepson. Sancho, who has been back in full training, was not even considered for selection for Monday’s 1-0 loss to Swindon Town for which new T&T pick Ricky Shakes appeared for 79 minutes.
Defender Nigel Henry, now back in the T&T team for the Carnival Tuesday friendly against Iceland is hoping to make a lasting impression and stake his claim for a World Cup spot.
Henry gave a decent account of himself in front of Leo Beehakker during the recent Fort Lauderdale training camp and wants to keep his game up as World Cup selection looms.
“My aim is to really maintain a decent standard of play and stick to what is best for the team. I got the chance to train with the team and I went out there and did whatever was necessary to get another look.
The experience was definitely a good one for me under the coach who took over after I last played for the country (in the 5-1 loss to Guatemala). Hopefully now I can do some good things and keep that spot,” Henry said.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 04:22:53 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brent Rahim to return home.
« Reply #200 on: February 16, 2006, 06:11:49 AM »
 Why he int say he didn't make the squad.....He Lie....He dam Lie ;D

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2006, 06:44:22 AM »
me aint lying, i coulda tell that was coming. me aint know if alyuh could remember but the media was saying he soon to join FC Dallas and i said that it was a open camp that the team had and invited him to attend.

anytime yuh see ah man career all over the place like that you already know it is not a good sign. ah watching mr corneal glenn too, this go be  his 5th club in 3 season. that is not a good sign at all!!!!!

well ah sorry brent have to go back home. well say what....ah hope he get a lil bly somewhere. ah done tell real men that the gulf is where they will make more money and dont have to worry about this work permit thing. it risky but is an option if yuh looking to make a paper....trust me!!

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 16, 2006, 06:49:35 AM »
I doh know what tuh say about Rahim. It is going on 5 years now dat he has turned professional and he has never been able to command a regular starting position at any club.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2006, 06:51:56 AM »
I doh know what tuh say about Rahim. It is going on 5 years now dat he has turned professional and he has never been able to command a regular starting position at any club.
He did at Joe Public.
Live large and prosper!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2006, 06:52:29 AM »

let's see if he can start regularly in the PFL now, something that a certain talented left-footed midfielder who shall remain nameless was unable to do

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 16, 2006, 06:54:31 AM »
He did at Joe Public.
Doc you is kicks yes. Ah purposely left that out because he was only there a short time. So ah guess I will put this addendum "...except at Joe Public"  ;D.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 16, 2006, 06:59:36 AM »
He did at Joe Public.
Doc you is kicks yes. Ah purposely left that out because he was only there a short time. So ah guess I will put this addendum "...except at Joe Public"  ;D.
;D ;D
That might just be where he's headed to again  ;D
Live large and prosper!

truetrini

« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2006, 07:01:20 AM »
He physically able, but mentally it seems he cyar cross from player to professional.  He kinda wild too.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2006, 07:12:05 AM »
 At least Rahim could boast and say that he see the World....Yuh know how Ludacris sing about pimping all over the World well Rahim plaing all over the World...I wonder where he going after T&T..maybe Africa, He should go Australia

truetrini

« Reply #209 on: February 16, 2006, 07:13:48 AM »
At least Rahim could boast and say that he see the World....Yuh know how Ludacris sing about pimping all over the World well Rahim plaing all over the World...I wonder where he going after T&T..maybe Africa, He should go Australia

no shit..de man real travel and tryout.  He passport must be real stamp up.

1]; } ?>