April 28, 2024, 01:20:02 AM

Author Topic: Brent Rahim Thread  (Read 82447 times)

truetrini

Re: Brent Rahim to return home.
« Reply #240 on: February 18, 2006, 08:30:51 AM »
My stance on Rahim is this , i had the opportunity to work him at Ken Elie's Coaching school on a couple occasions,that was years ago,he is a mild manered sort of laid back kind of guy and that will not work in this profession,in a nutshell it's dog eat dog here everything is a fight on and off the field.

He is not an individual/impact player,he is not the type of player that will stand out with the rest,he is a good team player,he depends on if a team is playing well he will have a good game but he is not the kind of player that will make a team play well.

He then fits the bill of 98% of the current T&T squad!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 18, 2006, 08:35:21 AM »
My stance on Rahim is this , i had the opportunity to work him at Ken Elie's Coaching school on a couple occasions,that was years ago,he is a mild manered sort of laid back kind of guy and that will not work in this profession,in a nutshell it's dog eat dog here everything is a fight on and off the field.

He is not an individual/impact player,he is not the type of player that will stand out with the rest,he is a good team player,he depends on if a team is playing well he will have a good game but he is not the kind of player that will make a team play well.

He then fits the bill of 98% of the current T&T squad!

EX AC TAL LY.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #242 on: February 18, 2006, 09:12:58 AM »
is it better for Rahim, and now Tiger also, to return home or try the A League?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 21, 2006, 06:19:08 AM »
I doh know what tuh say about Rahim. It is going on 5 years now dat he has turned professional and he has never been able to command a regular starting position at any club.

just thought I would bring this poist foward so the man who suggesting Rahim ti replace latapy could see !

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 21, 2006, 07:34:06 AM »
Rahim have real supporters here but if yuh was he partner and true friend you woulda tell him like it is..................Brent hard luck doe last for so long with so much teams.

Yuh lil shitty and yuh cyar cut it as a professional, yuh gettin ole and its time to move on in life.

Yuh have a degree and yuh high brown in colour, doe frighten yuh could get a wuk with some connections.

For all who say he good and he was the next Latapy and have talent......ask yuhself this, what really has Rahim done for TT.

He had one good half against Canada in a friendly under bertille St Clair way back when, what piece of brilliance he do since.

truth be told players with more ability than he get discarded, is everybody does give Rahim a chance and he never step up he game.

He becoming like a Nigel Pierre.....one setta trials and training stint and nuttin, but he have potential.

Mr. Rahim, football gave you an education,employment, the opportunity to run some hoes and travel the world. Its time to say thanks for the Blessings and look to move on to life after football.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 21, 2006, 08:12:23 AM »
brent remind me a lot of carlos in the earlies; both had similar styles...if carlos could now buss out, take yuh time brent, you will reach too.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 21, 2006, 08:57:20 AM »
Rahim have real supporters here but if yuh was he partner and true friend you woulda tell him like it is..................Brent hard luck doe last for so long with so much teams.

Yuh lil shitty and yuh cyar cut it as a professional, yuh gettin ole and its time to move on in life.

Yuh have a degree and yuh high brown in colour, doe frighten yuh could get a wuk with some connections.

For all who say he good and he was the next Latapy and have talent......ask yuhself this, what really has Rahim done for TT.

He had one good half against Canada in a friendly under bertille St Clair way back when, what piece of brilliance he do since.

truth be told players with more ability than he get discarded, is everybody does give Rahim a chance and he never step up he game.

He becoming like a Nigel Pierre.....one setta trials and training stint and nuttin, but he have potential.

Mr. Rahim, football gave you an education,employment, the opportunity to run some hoes and travel the world. Its time to say thanks for the Blessings and look to move on to life after football.

touches you put it real plain but you are right all the way. Some are cut out for the big stage others are not. Plenty horses break de track record at exercise but when the bugle calls they trail.
rahim is not an international footballer and he would do well to heed your advice.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 21, 2006, 09:48:38 AM »
brent remind me a lot of carlos in the earlies; both had similar styles...if carlos could now buss out, take yuh time brent, you will reach too.

Ah wish Brent the best of luck, he sufferin like MOST fellas who decide to go the US college route. But ah geh kicks when yuh advise the man to take he time  :rotfl:

If yuh ask me....he running outta time.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #248 on: February 21, 2006, 09:56:08 AM »

touches you put it real plain but you are right all the way. Some are cut out for the big stage others are not. Plenty horses break de track record at exercise but when the bugle calls they trail.
rahim is not an international footballer and he would do well to heed your advice.

I disagree, I think he need to somehow step up his effort level a bit and keep trying, dont quit.  If he stop now it go be one setta post bout oh he in Patraj all day, he sweating in the 'Rehab' sweat one setta ole talk.
He may not be at the level to play international ball right now, and he seems not even to be at a level to play club ball, so he heed to raise his level.  Get with a trainer, get with a coach/team that will allow him to work out and he need to put in some serious hard work and keep at it. Go back UConn and use their facilities, use their coaches, doctors and sports psychologist.
I find it hard to belive that he not good enough for the MLS or even League One in the UK, maybe he have the skill but its the mental part that is missing.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 21, 2006, 10:53:00 AM »
De mistake that Rahim make is to turn down a contract in the MLS with the LA Galaxy out of UCONN. yuh see these coaches up here know eachother well so i am just spculating that maybe they pass de word that he did that and now if he is not a real good fit to any team then theyt will cut him thats how the system work in the US football because they see us as ISLANDERS who have noting but have talent and can buy we fuh cheap so they have no problem cutting us.
All American

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 21, 2006, 11:09:05 AM »
watch this space....the brent rahim story is not over yet.....tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 21, 2006, 11:13:22 AM »
A man compare rahim to carlos.
Daz jus mess
Carlos has something that rahim lacks, and is perhaps the main reason why he hasn't found further success his career...SPEED
At the highest level the man looks slow, so his technique, vision etc.. are wasted.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 21, 2006, 07:41:56 PM »
A man compare rahim to carlos.
Daz jus mess
Carlos has something that rahim lacks, and is perhaps the main reason why he hasn't found further success his career...SPEED
At the highest level the man looks slow, so his technique, vision etc.. are wasted.

technique ??? Vision ? what you seeing that all dem teams he try out for not seeing ??

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 21, 2006, 09:41:28 PM »
how old is rahim???

any word on wat teams down here he tryin to make??

i aint wa nobody go a league i fine d quality realllllllllllllllllllllll lackin is better yuh cum and play pro here

tiger and rahim ah hope allyuh lissening
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2006, 08:52:07 AM »

When was the last time this man play for an extended period of time with a club?

Cah be College...dat was years ago.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brent Rahim eager to join Jabloteh ranks
« Reply #255 on: March 09, 2006, 06:46:33 AM »
Brent Rahim eager to join Jabloteh ranks
By Joel Villafana (ttproleague.com)

National midfielder Brent Rahim is currently in training with CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh, with a view for signing for the F.A Cup and Pro Bowl Champions for the upcoming 2006 season.

Rahim, who has had a run of injuries that has affected his career, is hoping to be fully fit in time for the start of the 2006 T&T Pro League. He has been training under Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick over the last week and he has impressed the former English international.

Terry Fenwick said, “Brent is a player with experience overseas and he can definitely add something to our squad, I know he has making the world cup squad on his mind and what better place to be than in a Jabloteh squad, I think he is a good player with good vision, a hard worker and I think he would be a good addition.”

Rahim, has been in and out of national teams and last played for Trinidad and Tobago in the 2005 Concacaf Gold Cup against Colombia.

He has had some experience on the European circuit, he spent a season at Falkirk in Scotland, and was also at West Ham United for a while, but in recent times, he has been out of a steady contract, having recent trials in Bulgaria, Sweeden, and in the MLS with Dallas FC.

Rahim is however, looking forward to playing on the local circuit, he told ttproleague.com, “The option of coming back home was always an option for him and he is looking forward to signing with Jabloteh and playing his part this season.” The talented midfielder says he is now fully fit, and he is hoping to make an impression with Jabloteh so he can possibly attract the attention National coach Leo Beenhakker before the World Cup Finals in Germany.

All things being equal Brent Rahim will have the opportunity to show what he has to offer to local fans when he lines up in Jabloteh colours.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brent Rahim eager to join Jabloteh ranks
« Reply #256 on: March 09, 2006, 07:23:48 AM »
Jabloteh looks like they will be a power house in the pro league.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 09, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »
He will take Aurtis spot once Whitley get the big contract that Rahim cah seem to land !  :rotfl:
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

MickeyRat

« Reply #258 on: March 09, 2006, 08:43:03 AM »
Rahim could make Jabloteh?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 09, 2006, 08:44:43 AM »
Rahim could make Jabloteh?

hey dat kind of harsh you know but he should have gone to joe public i think that would have been better
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #260 on: March 09, 2006, 08:56:56 AM »
dwarika, hardest and rahim in de mid would have been nice, but say wha, joe public winnin dis year  :beermug:

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 09, 2006, 09:02:28 AM »
hardest gone joe public??

come on rahim tobago united should be a friggin powerhouse wit all d men outa contract  exercise d option of takin united to the top with allyuh european flair

now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 09, 2006, 09:12:33 AM »
I didn't even hear any talk of the world cup where Rahim is concerned... ??? He seemed to be promising but now has just fizzled out.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2006, 10:56:43 AM »
dwarika, hardest and rahim in de mid would have been nice, but say wha, joe public winnin dis year  :beermug:

That midfield could have been called the underachievers.

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2006, 03:24:10 PM »
come on jabloteh. rahim is with the best club in t&t but i reckon he will have a big fight for a spot on the team. he should settle down and play and forget about the world cup. i cant see him making that world cup team.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2006, 03:41:48 PM »
    Most likely Rahim will not make our World Cup team, I feel a little sorry for him though. His last run was against Mexico in our 2-0 loss to them. A pity he and his injury was very inconsistent.

Hard luck Brent, try for sure for the WC 2010 ok.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2006, 04:49:55 PM »
come on jabloteh. rahim is with the best club in t&t but i reckon he will have a big fight for a spot on the team. he should settle down and play and forget about the world cup. i cant see him making that world cup team.

that why i posted he should have gone to another club
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2006, 05:05:17 PM »
I didn't even hear any talk of the world cup where Rahim is concerned... ??? He seemed to be promising but now has just fizzled out.

I remember watching the gold cup a while back where they were calling rahim the phenomenom so I was expecting big things from rahim since then but I dont know what happen to the man ???

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2006, 05:07:10 PM »

That midfield could have been called the underachievers.

I second that oui ;D

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2006, 07:18:28 PM »
 Brent 'BWIA' Rahim boy...Jablo better take care he int run to a super league team....BWee , I mean Brent might do until he end up in minor league but fuss we backward he might still get pick for national team...GO T&T

1]; } ?>