April 29, 2024, 12:08:02 AM

Author Topic: Brent Rahim Thread  (Read 82507 times)

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Poor Rahim
« Reply #300 on: March 29, 2006, 01:16:21 PM »
rahim need to go back mls

yuh eh read that just the other day the man was trying out some mls teams and eh make the cut......the man did the right thing by coming back home to the PFL where he could get sweat and have a chance the make the 23 man world cup roster

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 29, 2006, 01:21:56 PM »
brent rahim has been a victim of circumstance.  he is a good player but never ever seems to get the right breaks.  

He was on loan at West Ham while dey were fighting for premiership survival (ah wonder who could remember dat) for six months and just couldnt get the break even though the coach was commending him in the reserve league.

The coach apparently didnt want to make any player adjustments to the team at the time, but rahim was getting rave reviews in the match reports.

He also was the Young player of the year at falkirk so that has to say something!!

But that said, i think he has fallen off the radar and isnt as good a player as he was about 2-3 years ago.  If he was, he definitely would have landed a contract at the MLS. (but then again, i dont know the circumstance!!)

He is no right winger though, so he cyar make dat side in place of shakes.

He competing wit Birchall, Theobald, Yorke Whitley Spann and de General for a place in de middle.

ah love it!!

I agree and I've said it many times before on this site that in previous years during the gold cup the annoucers was calling rahim the phenomenom which is ah name given to young talent players.........Ronaldo was also known as the phenom so rahim is definitely ah talented football player that was supposed to be like the next big thing to come out of T&T but I too think that he was a victim of circumstances........I eh know if he would or could make T&T world cup squad but I wish the man all the best and hope he could get back to playing he best football :)

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 29, 2006, 01:46:21 PM »
Rahim was always crap. He lucky Jablo even waisting their time on a hound like himself

Now.. I dont think he deserve to make the cut for Germany.. but yuh ent have to blast the man like this.. can you play better than him??

doh f_ck up the man like that.. with some improvement and hard work he can make the roster again.. trust me
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 29, 2006, 04:41:59 PM »
rahim has alot of work to do talent only gets you a date your ability to perform gets you a long term contract. there's always a red flag when ah man going from try out to try out and nothing happen in he favor. if you cant make it work from a mental stand point " why can't he " will always be next to your name.so rahim with all of his talent, why cant he stick with a professional team

Isaachunt

« Reply #304 on: March 29, 2006, 05:16:52 PM »
Rahim was always crap. He lucky Jablo even waisting their time on a hound like himself

Now.. I dont think he deserve to make the cut for Germany.. but yuh ent have to blast the man like this.. can you play better than him??

doh f_ck up the man like that.. with some improvement and hard work he can make the roster again.. trust me
What roster he is shit

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Rahim goes back to the books.
« Reply #305 on: August 03, 2006, 05:05:50 AM »
Rahim goes back to the books.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Midfielder Brent Rahim has returned to the University of Connecticut in America to complete his degree in sports psychology. Rahim, formerly of West Ham United and Falkirk, had cut short his studies back in 2000 in order to play for the national team and on the professional circuit but recently had a change of mind and has decided to take a break from professional football.
Having been on the list of reserves for T&T's 2006 World Cup squad, Rahim did add that he will be involved in some coaching aspects with the UCONN team for their upcoming college season.
It's a decision I took recently because I felt it would be right to complete the degree and then put the boots back on again. I gave it up in 2000 to concentrate on football and I felt the time was right now to go back to the classroom. But I haven't totally given up on the game, "Rahim added.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 07:46:09 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Rahim goes back to the books.
« Reply #306 on: August 03, 2006, 06:23:52 AM »
Well...I guess this board has managed to end one career. The man couldn't take all the criticism he get here...

Rahim...we will try to remember you as a great college baller and for the one Gold Cup when you looked like the next best thing from this country. Best of luck with your studies, come back and contribute as part of the Technical Staff next 4 to 8 years.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 03, 2006, 06:33:33 AM »
I kinda really hoping you being sarcastic with your first sentence

Either way I applaud de man for improving himself one way or the other
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 03, 2006, 06:58:43 AM »
Spidey I ent understand wha yuh mean dey.

How we end the man career?

The man was a good college baller and jest couldnt step up to the next level.

Congrats to him for completing his studies and improving himself. That is the best play he make so far.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #309 on: August 03, 2006, 07:01:13 AM »
Spidey I ent understand wha yuh mean dey.

How we end the man career?

The man was a good college baller and jest couldnt step up to the next level.

Congrats to him for completing his studies and improving himself. That is the best play he make so far.

have to agree. If we here were able to end his career then he has nerves of jello and would have fallen apart anyway...

I dont think the man Career done... yuh never know sayin de man career done when yuh might have to eat them words soon.

keep it rollin Brent.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 03, 2006, 07:11:59 AM »
Jefferz he career ent done...we have a opening on we fete match side. :rotfl:

Trials in the QPS on a saturday afternoon from 4:30 pm.

Warm up = 4 stag

Stretch, run.

When the ball goes out yuh hadda take a capfull of rum.

You are expected to last at least 2, 30 min thirds.

Half time is one stag and a cap of Black Label.

When game done a min of 6 beers to recover and put back all the salts and fluids lost in your exertion.

Only a special breed could make we fete match side. The fitness levels of the athletes in we squad better than the national team.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 03, 2006, 07:30:05 AM »
...has decided to take a break from professional football.

“It’s a decision I took recently because I felt it would be right to complete the degree and then put the boots back on again. I gave it up in 2000 to concentrate on football and I felt the time was right now to go back to the classroom. But I haven’t totally given up on the game,” Rahim added.

Rahim will be 28 next week. His professional career has never materialized, so I doubt he will be coming back tuh play ball at de pro level.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #312 on: August 03, 2006, 07:55:19 AM »
Rahim will finish his Univ career in around the next three years.

If he plays college ball to keep himself noticed.

Maybe he could make a national trials in that time. Or play for a local side, eg. Jabloteh so he could get recognised by the Coaching staff.

The man had serious potential. Saw him play for TT in 2000 he looked nice. Can't understand what went wrong.

Bear in mind that at the next WC he will be 32. And midfielders have greater longevity than forwards.

What ever happens, good luck to you Brent.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #313 on: August 03, 2006, 08:16:04 AM »
VB - When the qualifiers start back he will be 30, he can still contribute and yes off coruse in 2010 he will be 32 as you stated and still play a part, but it seems he has given up....

I think he is to old to play College ball ?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 08:18:02 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2006, 08:18:42 AM »
He not eligible for College ball anymore.
1) i pretty sure he play his 4 years for UConn and
2) He played professionally, NCAA is amateur athletics.

He going to back to help them with the coaching side of things.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 03, 2006, 08:28:24 AM »
...has decided to take a break from professional football.

“It’s a decision I took recently because I felt it would be right to complete the degree and then put the boots back on again. I gave it up in 2000 to concentrate on football and I felt the time was right now to go back to the classroom. But I haven’t totally given up on the game,” Rahim added.

Rahim will be 28 next week. His professional career has never materialized, so I doubt he will be coming back tuh play ball at de pro level.
yup. rahim was good but i played with him at alcons. he was good but. not as good as everyone made him feel he was. he listened to the hype. was he overated maybe..maybe not. at anyrate looking good in college ball eh mean nuttin in trini anymore nah. cause de standard had dropped of significantly and maybe jus start to pic back up. when he played for trini(never see him for west ham ) he looked lost and outta sorts often. so. well good luck with yuh studies man. u getting ole. time to"fall" back  on d e books.
rahim is de great player who never was
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 03, 2006, 08:50:10 AM »
I will say that as far as Professional Football with ANY chance of playing at the highest level, His career is done.

It never really got started so logically very few if any teams will take a chance on him.  He is doing the right thing. He tried to play professional, didn't make it so he going back to get his degree. Perfect.

If you want to be a Professional footballer yuh just making things harder for yourself playing with amateurs when yuh already in yuh 20's. It will always be an uphill battle. That is why the US stop looking for players for the Senior National Team that playing College football. 

Yuh could ALWAYS go to college with break foot, bad knee, hamstring, with anything. But if yuh want to play professional football the window is narrow, yuh cant serve too Masters...no pun intended. Go after football with everything yuh have and if it doesn't work out yuh could always go back and get ah degree.

Ah have ah feeling Rahim will make ah much better coach than player. He have the brains :chilling:

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 03, 2006, 09:39:06 AM »
who was he playing with in the ttpl?
Hart for president

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 03, 2006, 09:44:41 AM »
who was he playing with in the ttpl?
san jaun
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 03, 2006, 09:49:33 AM »
everybody fighting down the man...let me ask you this....name 10 trinidad players who played with a club in the EPL......
1. dwight- manu
2. shaka-west ham
3. rahim- west ham

so everybody say the man a shithound this and that...but the truth is he was one of the only player to be with such a club from trinidad...not carlos, birchall, dennis, sam none of them fellas was ever with a top flight club....

so what is alyuh basis for being a failure? the fact that he didnt stay with the club long? He was also the first man to play in bulgaria from trini.

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 03, 2006, 09:55:19 AM »

He can still play college ball provided he didn't finish his 4 year eligibility as yet. It doesn't matter if he played pro sports. There was a case a few years ago regarding american football quarterback Chris Weinke where he went to play pro baseball and then decided at 28 to return to college and play football, so brent could still play once he didnt use up his 4 years.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 03, 2006, 10:04:26 AM »
Nothing could beat an education. That is an excellent pass yuh make there. Get your degree.....finish school and really contribute to the sport you love. Not many people could say they played ball at the highest level.

Congrats on your upcoming graduation.............

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 03, 2006, 10:05:18 AM »
all dat time u was at uconn and he ent finish his degree?..i sure he spent 4 yrs there..hopefully he has no more than 2 semesters left.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 03, 2006, 10:22:58 AM »
everybody fighting down the man...let me ask you this....name 10 trinidad players who played with a club in the EPL......
1. dwight- manu
2. shaka-west ham
3. rahim- west ham

so everybody say the man a shithound this and that...but the truth is he was one of the only player to be with such a club from trinidad...not carlos, birchall, dennis, sam none of them fellas was ever with a top flight club....

so what is alyuh basis for being a failure? the fact that he didnt stay with the club long? He was also the first man to play in bulgaria from trini.

Not to ''fight u down'' cause I like know Rahim, I like Rahim and i sorry he end up this way...but he never actually PLAYED for West Ham. So you could count Ricky Shakes in his class if tha's the criteria you using, since he was at Bolton.
And Stern and Marcelle should be 3 and 4 before u get to Rahim on that list of ppl in the EPL.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 03, 2006, 11:20:13 AM »
shoulda study yuh books in the first place, Brent.  say what.  at least you eh no dunce.  yuh could go on in sports management.

Offline Warrior30

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 03, 2006, 11:38:27 AM »
To alyuh who feel he can go back and play at Uni. He cant.
1 he play de alotted 4 yrs
2. even if he did not, could not cause he was a pro footballer "soccer" player. De man Villain talking bout went back to another sport and not the sport he played pro in!
3. de man left with about a semester I think it was remaining to go out to Bulgaria that is why he did not finish up.

At least de man try to make it and as a matter of fact he aint do that bad out there. Just got unlucky breaks from what I see. Go get yuh degree, stay in shape with de youths while yuh help coach and see where de road take yuh yes Brent
For de love of de game

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #326 on: August 03, 2006, 11:40:29 AM »

Warm up = 4 stag

Stretch, run.

When game done a min of 6 beers to recover and put back all the salts and fluids lost in your exertion.

Only a special breed could make we fete match side. The fitness levels of the athletes in we squad better than the national team.

stewps i makin dat side wit ease...
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 03, 2006, 12:12:53 PM »

He can still play college ball provided he didn't finish his 4 year eligibility as yet. It doesn't matter if he played pro sports. There was a case a few years ago regarding american football quarterback Chris Weinke where he went to play pro baseball and then decided at 28 to return to college and play football, so brent could still play once he didnt use up his 4 years.

Madness.  His window of eligibility has expired.  You have five yers to play four years of collegiate athletics, and Brent has also negated his amateur status, since he has been compensated to play professionally. De man going to coach; that is all he can do now.  He cannot play.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 12:15:43 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 03, 2006, 12:38:50 PM »
Men who play for trinidad and play in de premeirship

Yorke - Aston Villa
Shaka - West Ham
Stern - Birmingham
Jones - Southampton
Marcelle - Barnsley
Shakes - Bolton......he make some league cup appearances
Warner - Fulham

NB:- Duscam, Rahim never made a first team appearance for West Ham and the club was relagated that year.  In fact, he never had a contract with them because they took him on a six month loan!!

ah love it

this is a straight case of de man realising that he is going nowhere with football so he has decided to go with plan B!

ah love it!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 01:01:50 PM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 03, 2006, 12:42:07 PM »

Warm up = 4 stag

Stretch, run.

Ent! ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>