April 29, 2024, 04:31:02 AM

Author Topic: Brent Rahim Thread  (Read 82518 times)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Rahim goes back to the books.
« Reply #360 on: December 20, 2006, 08:05:08 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago’s midfielder Brent Rahim graduated from the University of Connecticut last Sunday with a Bachelor of Arts in Sports Psychology and a minor in Sociology. Brent was quoted as saying that he is “delighted to complete this chapter in his life; it is always important to have a second career, and he is eager to resume his football career and looking towards 2010 in South Africa.”

hopefully he can use that major to help future athletes, we need some of that.  Im sure we will see him on a team again also.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 20, 2006, 09:08:28 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago’s midfielder Brent Rahim graduated from the University of Connecticut last Sunday with a Bachelor of Arts in Sports Psychology and a minor in Sociology. Brent was quoted as saying that he is “delighted to complete this chapter in his life; it is always important to have a second career, and he is eager to resume his football career and looking towards 2010 in South Africa.”

By chance do you what kind of honours he graduated with.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 20, 2006, 10:16:11 AM »
Good Morning,
                      Trinix said Brent and Sancho are the only Trinis to have Div. 1 ring. That's not true. Ian Bain, Trevor Leiba abd Keth Lookloy also have rings for Howard U(1974) team that played unbeaten that season. Also The HU 1971 or 1972 team won(the first for a Black University). A number of Trinis were on that team. The NCAA used use a some technicality rules to take that championship away from Howard. They also got a two year ban. In the very early 60's HU won the NAIA div.1 (small colleges). I think Squeakie Hinds was on that team.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 20, 2006, 10:18:07 AM »
Good move by Brent to finish his degree. Good luck to what ever profession he pursuea. Even a another dab at the pro. football

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 20, 2006, 10:21:16 AM »
Good Morning,
                      Trinix said Brent and Sancho are the only Trinis to have Div. 1 ring. That's not true. Ian Bain, Trevor Leiba abd Keth Lookloy also have rings for Howard U(1974) team that played unbeaten that season. Also The HU 1971 or 1972 team won(the first for a Black University). A number of Trinis were on that team. The NCAA used use a some technicality rules to take that championship away from Howard. They also got a two year ban. In the very early 60's HU won the NAIA div.1 (small colleges). I think Squeakie Hinds was on that team.

was Lp the coach
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 20, 2006, 12:39:33 PM »
Yes, Lincoln was the coach. He was strict.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 21, 2006, 10:53:18 AM »
dred, me eh know if ah getting too old (43) but it truly amazes me sometimes the kinda foolishness does be going on this forum, granted it is a 'forum', but men does sometimes have to learn to stop for ah second, keep yuh fingers of the keyboard for a sec, use ah lil common sense. meh point: all de setta talk bout rahim dis and rahim dat and eligibility dis and eligibility dat, and degree dis, and if he finishhe degree, and what he was doing all he years at uconn, and whatever else man waste dey time to talk bout.....well....the 2nd paragraph in thread bout TIGER, there it is, Rahim back after finishing he degree and keeping fit with the UCONN team, end  of story. ah hope Brent does read dis forum and use whatever negative ting man had to say as inspiration, good luck meh bredda!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 22, 2006, 10:47:12 AM »
He not eligible for College ball anymore.
1) i pretty sure he play his 4 years for UConn and
2) He played professionally, NCAA is amateur athletics.

He going to back to help them with the coaching side of things.

He can still play college ball provided he didn't finish his 4 year eligibility as yet. It doesn't matter if he played pro sports. There was a case a few years ago regarding american football quarterback Chris Weinke where he went to play pro baseball and then decided at 28 to return to college and play football, so brent could still play once he didnt use up his 4 years.

I think Warrior has it right...Weinke's situation was different (as is the case with baseball).  Many young athletes who sign professional baseball contracts return to school to compete as amateurs in other sports.  That said there's the complex issue involving Jeremy Bloom and his failed efforts to play college football and pursue a professional downhill skiing career.  True they were in different sports but I believe the issue with Bloom is that he was a professional current as of the time he was still pursuing his amature gridiron career.

So in short, having played professional soccer, Brent could no longer compete in the sport in the NCAA.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 22, 2006, 10:50:37 AM »
Best of luck Rahim, although I did not find you to be any thing special when wearing the Red, White and Black uniform, I respect the fact that you are putting things in place to Live life.

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. - Alvin Toffler

Blessings
Same thing I saying...I ent go comment on his tenure on the national team b/c I honestly didn't follow him like that.  But the man gone back tuh get he degree and people on here crying and lamenting as doh is amputate he gone and amputate he legs at the knees.

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Brent Rahim
« Reply #369 on: September 11, 2007, 10:22:54 AM »
What's the latest on Brent Rahim? Who is he playing with now??

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Brent Rahim
« Reply #370 on: September 11, 2007, 10:25:45 AM »
ah heard he sweating with Queens Park. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 11, 2007, 10:47:46 AM »
Last I heard, he was supposedly at WASA. Before dat, he was in training wit Jabloteh, and he was supposedly signed, but I never see his name mentioned in any match reports.

Look him posing in ah Jabloteh team picture:

I know he was also in talks with United Petrotrin for de 2007 season, but ah tink dat fall through because of financial conditions.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 11, 2007, 12:23:14 PM »
he with WASA last time i talk to the star of the team and that was recently :beermug: :beermug:
All American

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 11, 2007, 01:32:41 PM »
yuh doe hear nuttin bout he again, like he get ah job at wasa and playin fuh they  team and give up on gettin ah pro contract outside?
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 11, 2007, 05:14:11 PM »
Actually he is not with WASA he turned town the chance and is actually in a job where they do some type of sport promotion or health club promotion......

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 11, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
What a sad waste of talent!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 11, 2007, 06:32:10 PM »
What a sad waste of talent!

I don't think "a sad waste" is the correct description, because from all appearances he gave it a good shot, but it didn't work out. Ah mean, he even put he schooling on hold tuh try de professional route. We could speculate on some of the decisions that he made, but in de end it was jes ah case of hard luck.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 11, 2007, 07:43:21 PM »
coulda beena  big player...but he was trainin with us at QP...still comes from time to time...hasnt played any games mainly cause of work i think...

dont know if he went another club---if that is the reason y we aint see him in a few weeks

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 12, 2007, 12:48:25 AM »

He have a rell good looking sista, nice personality too.  :beermug: :beermug:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 12, 2007, 05:24:32 AM »
The truth is with ball being the way it is in Trinidad right now now is the best time for him to work himself back into shape and play but I have to say he was unlucky I cant fault the effort he give though

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 12, 2007, 07:40:11 AM »
The man accomplished a lot, so I don't think it was waste or sad in any way. He got to live out his dream of being a pro athlete and even made it to the highest level. Not too many people can boast that.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #381 on: May 07, 2008, 05:12:17 AM »
I met Brent Rahim and Shaun Fuentes during my 2-day visit to T&T last week (27-Apr-2008)...

He told me he now plays/work with HCL and more than likely his career as a footballer is over. He seems none interested in football anymore... from what I heard HCL may go Pro so Rahim may reconsider....

Very cool fella by the way, both him and Shaun.... we buss a small lime in Ruby Tuesday (Grand Bazaar). Shaun was suppose to mention it in one of his reports, but I guess it slipped him...  :o
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 06:18:10 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 07, 2008, 07:07:38 AM »
h c l might go pro?

that is some sweet news.........however i dont think the proleague can have 11 teams the market kinda saturated as is
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 07, 2008, 08:24:53 AM »
Teams get relegated every year. And there are a number of teams out there (Ma Pau for example) who working behind the scenes to go pro
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 07, 2008, 08:48:24 AM »
I met Brent Rahim and Shaun Fuentes during my 2-day visit to T&T last week (27-Apr-2008)...

He told me he now plays/work with HCL and more than likely his career as a footballer is over. He seems none interested in football anymore... from what I heard HCL may go Pro so Rahim may reconsider....

Very cool fella by the way, both him and Shaun.... we buss a small lime in Ruby Tuesday (Grand Bazaar). Shaun was suppose to mention it in one of his reports, but I guess it slipped him...  :o

Shaun is all glamour yuh know, anybody who stands a chance to get a little bling he will not like. So I doubt he forgot...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 07, 2008, 02:41:43 PM »
Who is HCL and where they are situated?

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #386 on: May 07, 2008, 03:24:24 PM »

HCL stands for Home Construction Limted, a subsidiary of CL Financial...
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #387 on: May 07, 2008, 04:40:39 PM »

HCL stands for Home Construction Limted, a subsidiary of CL Financial...

Doesn't CL sponsor San Juan?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 07, 2008, 05:13:50 PM »
Yep!, Then Clico will have 2 teams, technically.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Career switch for Rahim.
« Reply #389 on: November 11, 2008, 10:04:53 PM »
Career switch for Rahim.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Brent Rahim, known for his appearances for the National Team during the 2002 and 2006 World Cup qualifying campaigns has decided to hang his boots up and enter a new career path.

The player, once attached to English Premiership side West Ham United is now based in England , not like the rest of his overseas-based former teammates  but as a student pursuing a masters degree in Sport Management and the Business of Football at the University of London (Birkbeck).

Rahim moved to London in September and following the completion of the course, he will then take up the FA Level Two coaching course and the UEFA coaching license.

The 30-year-old was one of the two stand by players selected by Leo Beenhakker for the 2006 World Cup Finals. But being so close yet so far forced him to rethink his career.

“This has been a difficult decision for me as I love the game and can still contribute to the national team on the field, but there is young talent out there and this is a time for them to prove there worth,” said Rahim who spent his time at West Ham alongside Paoli Di Canio, David James, Joe Cole, Jermain Defoe and Michael Carrick.

“Furthermore I enjoy a challenge so pursuing my football education is the direction for the moment. As a result in September  2009 when I have completed my studies if I can contribute on or off the field in any possible way I will always be available for my country.”

Dating back to 2007,Rahim became an employee with Home Construction Limited.

“I was given a great opportunity by Mr Micheal Anthony Fifi to work with HCL and develop sport both within the company and in the community. Thus after one year and gaining some much needed management experience I decided that football management was the right  direction to go. I believe that my practical knowledge of being exposed to clubs like New Castle United, West Ham United and Levski Sophia FC have given me the tools to go into my next stage of development.”

The work and achievement of FIFA Vice President Jack Warner has also influenced Rahim, formerly of St Anthony’s College and University of Connecticut.

“I am a great admirer of Mr. Warner for his accomplishments with FIFA and all he has done and continuing to do not only for our football but also for the global exposure of Trinidad and Tobago. I think that it is time for others to take the mantle of fulfilling the vision of taking our football to another level and not just sit back banking on the efforts of one man,” Rahim concluded.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 04:53:45 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>