March 29, 2024, 08:05:40 AM

Author Topic: Brent Rahim Thread  (Read 81131 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Rahim hits back at unfair comments for representing T&T.
« Reply #270 on: March 23, 2006, 03:11:23 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes.

National midfielder Brent Rahim has insisted that he became out of favour at Scottish Premier League club Falkirk because of a decision taken by him to make himself available for national duty on all calls. The former St Anthony’s College player was responding to recent statements by Falkirk boss John Hughes accusing him of going on AWOL last year.
Rahim, now attached to top local Pro League team CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh, has claimed that Hughes put him in the out of favour bracket at the club  because of his decision to return home on occasions to represent T&T at World Cup qualifying action dating back to 2004. But after choosing to seek a future elsewhere as his contract ran out at Falkirk due to reasons based around him constantly being left on the sidelines, Rahim has said that Hughes made statements that were unfair to him.
“I took a decision to come back and play for my country on several occasions under the permission of the Falkirk club and always struggled to get back into the club team on my returns or in some cases always left totally out of the team and now recently I was reading that Hughes said in a story with a local newspaper that I left on an AWOL. It was unfair for him to make such a comment because at the time to me it seemed that they had problems with me choosing to play for the country. From being their best young player of the year the previous season to moving into a regular position in the team but then finding myself always on the sidelines was hard to understand,” Rahim told TTFF Media.
The former West Ham United player, who has 49 international appearances for T&T, said he took a decision to always return to the national team upon call because he felt he would be assisting the team which was trying to get to the World Cup. “But it all backfired because it made me look as though I didn’t have a clue about what I was doing because not only did decisions not to play me affect me at the club but it also meant my place on the national team then went into jeopardy.”
“I have since taken a decision to come back home and join Jabloteh which is one of the local clubs that has a really good set up and my aim is to not only try and play regularly and keep myself in shape with hope of getting a call to the national team again, but I also see myself being able to make a positive contribution to the development of some of the local players that are coming up the ranks,” added Rahim, who has also campaigned with Levski Sofia in Bulgaria and recently had to cut short a stay at Dallas FC because they had signed their full quota of overseas-pros. He was also previously in Leo Beenhakker’s squads until a late calf injury ruled him out of the 1-0 loss to the United States last August. He is however back in Beenhakker’s list of home-based players currently in training under assistant Anton Corneal.
Meantime, Rahim’s close pal, Brent Sancho has had some reason to smile again after also going through a rough patch with his club. Defender Brent Sancho made a rare appearance for Gillingham on Tuesday and netted in their 3-2 win over Brentford. Previously, Sancho was blasted by the club’s management for choosing country over club and was left out of the team and then priced out of the market when he tried to go on loan recently.
“It definitely has been one of the roughest periods since I moved to England. Not only because I have been left off the squad week after week but because it came at a time when I needed to be playing with World Cup team selection around the corner. I was in a position where everything was out of my hands even though I was fit and ready to go. Now I have hopefully done something that will give me some more playing time and I think the fans saw it in the last game. They were singing my name right around the clock and hopefully the management got the message because the fans were also expressing their disappointment with my absence from the team. But I’m leaving the rest up to God. I know this is a very critical time for all the players from the national team and I think we all need to be supportive of each other and hope for the best as the World Cup comes up,” Sancho said.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 12:50:37 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rahim hits back at unfair comments for representing T&T.
« Reply #271 on: March 23, 2006, 04:12:38 PM »
 Rahim  ;D...settle down and then talk nah boy...

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 23, 2006, 07:04:57 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes.

National midfielder Brent Rahim has i .......................................................................................... ........

Meantime, Rahim’s close pal, Brent Rahim has had some reason to smile again after also going through a rough patch with his club. Defender Brent Sancho made a rare appearance for Gillingham on Tuesday and netted in their 3-2 win over Brentford. Previously, Sancho was blasted by the club’s management for choosing club over country and was left out of the team and then priced out of the market when he tried to go on loan recently.
“It definitely has been one of the roughest periods since I moved to England. Not only because I have been left off the squad week after week but because it came at a time when I needed to be playing with World Cup team selection around the corner. I was in a position where everything was out of my hands even though I was fit and ready to go. Now I have hopefully done something that will give me some more playing time and I think the fans saw it in the last game. They were singing my name right around the clock and hopefully the management got the message because the fans were also expressing their disappointment with my absence from the team. But I’m leaving the rest up to God. I know this is a very critical time for all the players from the national team and I think we all need to be supportive of each other and hope for the best as the World Cup comes up,” Sancho said.
Shaun, yuh doh have to spin the story. What role did Sancho's injury status at the time he left, have to do with the decision to sit him down? Yuh spent the first half rehabilitating Rahim from Hughes " erroneous" statements, but you turn around and omit valuable information to make Sancho appear as though he was overlooked because of his patriotic stance. Shame on you!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 07:08:41 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2006, 07:37:06 PM »
Brent boy take pattern from yorke...turn de page and start rewriting your history !
Spend your time trying to stay off people bench, you get an opportunity now dont look back

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Poor Rahim
« Reply #274 on: March 26, 2006, 02:30:56 PM »
hi everyone am a new member and i think that Brent Rahim should be on the team.He is a an excellent midfielder that has good crosses but i think he just has very bad luck with his clubs and the national team he is fit now and attached to a local club he surely as the ability and skill to do better than Riki shakes.Tell me what you all think

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Poor Rahim
« Reply #275 on: March 26, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »
hi everyone am a new member and i think that Brent Rahim should be on the team.He is a an excellent midfielder that has good crosses but i think he just has very bad luck with his clubs and the national team he is fit now and attached to a local club he surely as the ability and skill to do better than Riki shakes.Tell me what you all think

OK trini supporter I will make sure beenie man get this right away! ;D

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 26, 2006, 02:57:02 PM »
 I am an old member and I think that Brent Rahim is overrated and not very talented as his number of call-ups to the National side suggests. He was below par in Europe and thats why he is home fighting for a place on Jabloteh's side.  If he was so good he would have still been in Europe.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2006, 03:01:38 PM »
Rahim is not good enough. All the excuses and justifications in the world can't change that.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2006, 03:03:52 PM »
I am an old member and I think that Brent Rahim is overrated and not very talented as his number of call-ups to the National side suggests. He was below par in Europe and thats why he is home fighting for a place on Jabloteh's side. If he was so good he would have still been in Europe.

I can agree with you somewhat. He is a very good player.. dont get me wrong.. but I beleive that for his position, ther are few other players who can and will fit in better in Leo's rotation.

I think over the years he have not really improved as he should and he is in the correct league now for improvement. In 4 years he will be 31 and he may still have a chance to make the team.

Bless
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2006, 03:07:29 PM »
brent rahim has been a victim of circumstance.  he is a good player but never ever seems to get the right breaks.  

He was on loan at West Ham while dey were fighting for premiership survival (ah wonder who could remember dat) for six months and just couldnt get the break even though the coach was commending him in the reserve league.

The coach apparently didnt want to make any player adjustments to the team at the time, but rahim was getting rave reviews in the match reports.

He also was the Young player of the year at falkirk so that has to say something!!

But that said, i think he has fallen off the radar and isnt as good a player as he was about 2-3 years ago.  If he was, he definitely would have landed a contract at the MLS. (but then again, i dont know the circumstance!!)

He is no right winger though, so he cyar make dat side in place of shakes.

He competing wit Birchall, Theobald, Yorke Whitley Spann and de General for a place in de middle.

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2006, 05:04:50 PM »
Brent rahim was suppose to be TNT next Latas.. I remember seeing this yute played and he had serious dribbling skills.. He had this one 360 he used to use a lot. A very decent player I wish he could come back into the fold . I always like seeing him play ..
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2006, 05:36:48 PM »
I always thought he was overrated and so far, I think that's a fair call. But I do wish he would prove me wrong though..

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2006, 08:10:44 PM »
I think he is simply a good player who gets alot of unfotunate cuts... He definately has talent as a mid feilder and id pic him ahead of Shakes.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

fabio

« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2006, 10:00:56 PM »
Rahim is not that bad man. d man does hold he own. he kinda wild tho and at d higher level yuh need to be aggressive but controlled still.............

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2006, 08:14:52 AM »

This season in the PFL will clear up alot.

I think he is a good player but you can't prove that on the bench as was the case at Falkirk.  Whether it was victimization or just not being good enough no point speculating.

I looking forward to his performance in the PFL and I hope he enjoy the football.  Maybe it could be like Dwight's A-League experience after that Birmingham mess.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 27, 2006, 08:25:08 AM »
It's sad that we discuss this man so many times.
I hope he doesn't read these posts cuz it seems like we just continue to emphasize the fact that his level of play has dropped off significntly over the last couple years.
I hope he makes the side  but he cannot make it ahead of shakes.
We have to ask ourselves exactly what he can offer that we do not already have.
Shakes brings speed on the flank and a brashness that comes with youth.
Brent, while talented, does not possess vision like Latas, defensive presence like Spann or Birchall, or the all around on-field charisma like Seaton. Carlos Edwards is in a completely different class dribbling and speed-wise.
So exactly where does he fit in?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 27, 2006, 11:18:34 AM »
Rahim is a good player with some serious bad luck and quite possible bad career guidance...although only people close to the man could really talk about the latter. Despite all this, it is clear Beenie likes him and I siding with Beenie ability to spot talent over the 'coaches' on this forum ;D Rahim has good technique and strong positional sense. When men like Glenn, Eve, Dwarika and Tiger could not make the squad, Rahim was getting selected and getting a sweat (off de bench)....Once his club situation completely fell off and he was not playing any decent level of football, Beenie could no longer pick him. Doh forget, even if Rahim eventually did not make it at Falkirk or West Ham...he impressed enough on trial to get a chance...he has something. Dem foreign coaches doh like to waste dey time if they doh think you good. So Rahim might be missing something, but it is not ability

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 27, 2006, 02:06:14 PM »
ah takings bets....once rahim stay fit and stay at jabloterh ....he in de 23 for de world cup.....100tt or some beers or whatever...leh we go
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 27, 2006, 02:18:36 PM »
ah takings bets....once rahim stay fit and stay at jabloterh ....he in de 23 for de world cup.....100tt or some beers or whatever...leh we go

ah taking that bet ....and i say he not making it.  :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 27, 2006, 02:28:08 PM »
i agree.. He should start to check Simpaul's for a travel pakage..
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 27, 2006, 02:44:25 PM »

I agree

Ms que un club.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2006, 02:46:02 PM »

yuh kill meh dey l :rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 27, 2006, 02:52:15 PM »
I remember seeing Rahim play in a friendly vs Jamaica in 2001.  Dog get mannersed by Onandi Lowe, cap all kinda ting, Fuller trow away about 2, and we lost, can't remember the score.

Rahim was our one bright spot in that game.  He had a shot from about 25 yards that went just past the right side V and showed good hustle and passing whole game.

I was really looking forward to him becoming one of our big players.  I hope he still turns his career around.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 27, 2006, 03:45:53 PM »

dis man has observed Beenie.....he know. once Rahim fit and sweating regular for Jabloteh, he on de squad.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 27, 2006, 03:54:15 PM »
Lewwe get a lil pool goin'
No... "if he get sweat for Jabloteh" talk.
D bet is either he makin it or not...full stop.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 28, 2006, 03:46:20 PM »
how can he make it without de sweat marcos.....are you emelda??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 28, 2006, 04:09:09 PM »
andre samuel hit the nail on the head......everybody on this forum always quick to bad talk the man without never really knowing the circumstance and if the circumstance was really about football or about work visa, quotas etc....but then that is the mark of a trini...always talking about what he dont know.....

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 28, 2006, 06:11:01 PM »
rahim need to go back mls

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 28, 2006, 06:21:18 PM »

as funny as that was, just seeing the word 'Simpaul' makes me sick
Hart for president

Isaachunt

« Reply #299 on: March 29, 2006, 01:01:36 PM »
 Rahim was always crap. He lucky Jablo even waisting their time on a hound like himself

1]; } ?>