April 27, 2024, 03:58:31 AM

Author Topic: Brent Rahim Thread  (Read 82408 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Port Vale eyes Brent Rahim
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2005, 07:25:28 AM »
Striker Hector Sam has been left out of the squad for the game, but manager Martin Foyle expects the player to be recalled for the rest of the World Cup qualifying programme, starting at home to Guatemala on September 3.

This ent making sense to me  ???  I wonder if beenie told him that or is Foyle just talking nonsense as usual

He talking nonsense as usual!! lol  ;D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 07:44:12 AM by Tallman »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2005, 07:38:45 AM »
I dont think Rahim getting a contract, I think he is being given an opportunity to train regularly and keep fit.  Its alot easier for teams to see you and to try out for teams if you in the UK playing preseason games, so I hope he makes the best of it and gets something out of it.

Imagine a man who starting for the team aint get a call up but a man trying to make even the bench on his way to play a WCQ vs USA!!!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 07:44:22 AM by Tallman »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2005, 07:53:45 AM »
Imagine a man who starting for the team aint get a call up but a man trying to make even the bench on his way to play a WCQ vs USA!!!

Sam and Rahim playin de same position?  Sometimes allyuh jes like to flap allyuh beak fuh nutting yuh know.

Oh wait....nex ting yuh go say..."Well Sam could play midfield"..... ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2005, 08:08:53 AM »
Rahim career as a professional footballer is supposed to be at it's peak at this moment. 

He need to get straight quick.

He need to work on his game and his size. The English game is very physical and if you not very skillful you at least need to have something else going fuh yuh.

Scotland should be a better fit for him but if he didn't have luck there well I doh know. Good Luck to him anyway.

He played in the PFL before for like ah season but wasn't exactly lighting up the field maybe he should try his luck there again for good measure.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2005, 08:23:07 AM »
Sam and Rahim playin de same position?  Sometimes allyuh jes like to flap allyuh beak fuh nutting yuh know.

But Rahim can't play midfield either

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2005, 08:26:02 AM »

Tallman give me some stats on Palos posts and dem: in what percentage of them does he use the words 'flap' 'beak' 'gums' and 'bump' I am curious, I am going to guess about 98%

So what if they play the same position, if they thought he was good enough they would have contracted him, and if they thought he was better than Sam they would start him too.
So again my point is PortVale dont see fit to sign Rahim (as yet) but he can make out national side over Sam.  It was just an observation on my part, I did not say I personally thought one was better than the other or that I had a problem with the selection process, but I guess you Palos does take the flapping of my beak personally...chirp chirp chirp ;D

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2005, 08:31:56 AM »
Rahim is a feather weight in the world of Inetrnational football. How much you wanna bet they say they can't give the man a contract.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2005, 09:16:35 AM »

Tallman give me some stats on Palos posts and dem: in what percentage of them does he use the words 'flap' 'beak' 'gums' and 'bump' I am curious, I am going to guess about 98%

So what if they play the same position, if they thought he was good enough they would have contracted him, and if they thought he was better than Sam they would start him too.
So again my point is PortVale dont see fit to sign Rahim (as yet) but he can make out national side over Sam.  It was just an observation on my part, I did not say I personally thought one was better than the other or that I had a problem with the selection process, but I guess you Palos does take the flapping of my beak personally...chirp chirp chirp ;D

Mc you misunderstand Palos completely. They do NOT play the same position. That is why it is not useful to compare their positons at the club to their fitness for national selection. Sam is a forward - only two slots in the starting lineup and he is competing with Jones, Stern Yorke, Sealey, Glenn.

Rahim is a midfielder, different postion, more squad places, different competition for places.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »
again I was simply stating that the man who contracted to the club, did not get call up, but the one who aint called up, i did not go so deep as to examine who playing what position, it was just curious to me is all.
also i was amused at Palos frequent use of his favorite words

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2005, 01:16:17 PM »
alyuh doh worry mr mc is NO footballer, he is a track runner..so he wont know the difference....Everybody on the man case some people even going so far as to say the man have connections at clubs...that is to show yuh how trini man jealous and spiteful of any bit of success..

i think they have a conspiracy for any man who play college ball for a college..be it st mary's, st anthony's fatima or the like.. It wa slike my partner told me when he was training with the national team..."Aye white boy what yuh doin here trying to tief we bred or what..."HATERS..and touches i think you will know who tell me that
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 01:37:36 PM by Tallman »

Offline valiant

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2005, 04:07:25 PM »
Your people said they wouldnt call Hector up to the T&T squad so he could have time to settle in here, now he has he will be playing for you again against costa rica.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2005, 04:08:51 PM »
Valiant, whey yuh get that he will be playing aganist Costa Rica?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2005, 04:12:48 PM »
So I guess Rahim is more "settled in" than Sam then

Offline Valiantnodge

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2005, 04:19:41 PM »
It was said on the sports reports this lunchtime that Hector would sit this game out but would be recalled after.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2005, 04:35:04 PM »
Valiants:

Is Rahim being seriously considered of they just giving him a run in the training squad?
What's the deal with how he is really doing and what do the fans think of him....worth signing and vying for first team action or just nice to have around the training ground?

Offline valiant

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2005, 04:42:27 PM »
Valiants:

Is Rahim being seriously considered of they just giving him a run in the training squad?
What's the deal with how he is really doing and what do the fans think of him....worth signing and vying for first team action or just nice to have around the training ground?

i think we are considering offering him a contract, i saw him play yesterday, played as a central midfielder, looked very skillful but got pushed off the ball often.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2005, 04:52:40 PM »
Valiants:

i think we are considering offering him a contract, i saw him play yesterday, played as a central midfielder, looked very skillful but got pushed off the ball often.

Yea....he need to toughen up.
You have permission to rough him up. 
And if you get to speak to him tell him he needs to fight for this spot like his Pro career depended on it.

It would be great if he could finally settle down and work with a club.  Port Vale looks like a good place for our players...Sam is doing well so far it seems.

Offline Valiantnodge

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2005, 05:21:59 PM »
To be fair, i've seen him for about 15mins so i can't judge him. What position is his best and how would you describe him.
With regards to Hector, he's been renowned as being a tough opponent for some time. He has a good reputation at this standard in the English leagues.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2005, 07:17:14 PM »
thanx valiantnodge..
I do not think the coach has selected the team vs costa rica, there is a bit of time in between games and no coach cab say he will be called.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2005, 07:50:13 PM »
To be fair, i've seen him for about 15mins so i can't judge him. What position is his best and how would you describe him.
With regards to Hector, he's been renowned as being a tough opponent for some time. He has a good reputation at this standard in the English leagues.

Who could give a good assesment of where Rahim plays best...where he used to play for UConn etc etc.

I know some of allyuh play ball with him.
From what I see he look better in center mid...attacking maybe.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2005, 09:29:22 PM »
good luck brent...god bless another trini....cowen...be a lil supportive nah....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2005, 10:02:20 PM »
they must be looking to sign him so they can have more of a chance of rescheduling due to intl callups, because why would they want rahim? he hasnt lived up to his potential
Hart for president

Offline Valiantnodge

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2005, 12:22:21 AM »
they must be looking to sign him so they can have more of a chance of rescheduling due to intl callups, because why would they want rahim? he hasnt lived up to his potential

I think you may be onto something there  ;)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2005, 06:55:10 AM »

Who could give a good assesment of where Rahim plays best...where he used to play for UConn etc etc.

I know some of allyuh play ball with him.
From what I see he look better in center mid...attacking maybe.

Rahim's role throughout his career has traditionally been in the role of deep lying playmaker. He's a Nakhid type, controls the middle without the flash of a Latapy(Maradona), despite his ability to drilbble(think Redondo for the valiants who don't know Nakhid). He's not a hard tackling defensive midfielder but neither is he the attacking midfielder who creates plays. His strengths lie in his vision for the defence splitting pass and his reading of the game.
That was the old Rahim though...based on his performances recently,I have no idea what his strengths are now because I not seeing any.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2005, 07:14:57 AM »
He could never be a Nakhid type player, Rahim adds nothing defensively....... he's better center or the attacking role. He's a good box to box player and he loves to shot at goal.

Anthony Rougier was a boss and should still be considered, he had one bad game for T&T and they forgot about him. Remember him at Port Vale.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 07:18:31 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Valiantnodge

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2005, 03:35:54 AM »
I think Port Vale fans saw the best of Tony Rougier. He never had the same impact anywhere else after he left us. A fine player and a neal nusiance on his day.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2005, 05:17:53 AM »
Why did Vale use Rougier as a striker ? and so to did Reading, Brigton and Bristol, when we was clearly a wing player, he was not prolific as a striker at all.... but he was class when he was in-form, a talent strong player indeed.

I like Port Vale because they show love for our players, but why was Hector excused ? if we needed him he should have been called, are you telling me we can only call one Vale player at a time,,,, so if Hector is coming for the Costa Rica game then Birchall wouldn't ?

Rahim - center. (if sign)...
Sam - left striker.
Birchall - right wing.

All should be on the field at the same time...

I hope they can help Vale get promotion....
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 05:21:41 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Valiantnodge

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2005, 04:43:18 PM »
Rougier played one of either side of a target man in a front 3 at Port Vale. He was very very effective in this role and it was a real blow when he was sold to Reading before the opening day of a new season. We missed him badly and if my memory serves me correct we were relegated to this league in that season.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2005, 08:41:24 PM »

I like Port Vale because they show love for our players, but why was Hector excused ? if we needed him he should have been called, are you telling me we can only call one Vale player at a time,,,, so if Hector is coming for the Costa Rica game then Birchall wouldn't ?

Sam, I think you have to read between the lines...we have guests eyes on us, so I hope nobody come out and state the obvious but check this one out

Mc you misunderstand Palos completely. They do NOT play the same position. That is why it is not useful to compare their positons at the club to their fitness for national selection. Sam is a forward - only two slots in the starting lineup and he is competing with Jones, Stern Yorke, Sealey, Glenn.

Rahim is a midfielder, different postion, more squad places, different competition for places.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Brent Rahim signs up in Sweden.
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2005, 02:40:55 AM »
Pierre Littbarski backs Yorke.
By: David Lewis.

Sydney FC coach Pierre Littbarski has vowed not to repeat the cardinal sin of leaving Dwight Yorke on the bench again - which could be bad news for the Central Coast at Aussie Stadium tonight.
A smile more luminous than a Caribbean sunset was replaced by a thunderous scowl after Yorke was told to take a seat on the bench for last week's shock 2-1 loss at Newcastle.
After communicating his displeasure to Littbarski with a few choice words, Yorke came on to score his second successive goal for his club to leave contrite Littbarksi admitting: "Dwight was angry and that's the reaction you want from players when they are not picked in the starting team.
"It should be that way always.
"I actually feared he might pick up an injury after his 30-hour flight [back from international duty with Trinidad and Tobago]. That's why I left him out but when he came on he showed what he's all about and I won't be making the error of putting him on the bench again the next time he plays for his country [in October].
"You can also be sure he will start against the Central Coast."
The same assurance cannot be made to fellow strikers David Zdrilic and Sasho Petrovski, who have scored one goal between them so far this season. "One of them will drop out, I haven't decided which yet," added Littbarski. "It's the job of strikers to score goals and it hasn't been happening for them."
The match, Sydney's second league outing at Aussie Stadium, is expected to attract a crowd of around 13,000. "You can expect a close game because there isn't much between any of the teams in this competition," added Littbarski.
Ian Cox - Playing in the World Cup is every player's dream.
Gillingham FC.

Gillingham defender Ian Cox reflects on a busy last few weeks for him playing for both Club and Country. Speaking briefly about last weekend's defeat to Rotherham, he said: "We didn't really deserve too much out of the game at Rotherham. From start to finish we didn't play well, we didn't apply ourselves from the first minute and I think we got what we deserved, which was nothing.
"Losing the game on Tuesday was a bitter pill to swallow though because for the first 35 minutes we didn't do too badly. We got the ball down and created numerous chances, but as defenders we have to keep the ball out and if you don't do that you're always going to be up against it."
Gills left the field of play to a chorus of boos from a small section of the crowd, and Cox was asked what effect this has on the team.
He replied: "It's difficult to take because we have got a lot of youngsters in the team and they, we, all need the help we can get, especially now that we are going through a bad patch.
"The supporters act as the twelfth man and we need them to get behind us. Fair play to those who have got behind us over the past few weeks, because, to a certain extent, we have let them down."
Cox's international teammate Brent Sancho has joined the club and Cox believes that he will add a little extra to the team. He explained: "Brent's a good player. He's good with the football and will add quality to the team.
"He's a robust, no nonsense defender. When things aren't going too well he'll give us that extra physical presence, which you need at certain times, especially when you are playing teams that like to beat you up a little bit."
Cox spent 10 days with his country, Trinidad & Tobago, appearing in both their games against Guatemala and Costa Rica.
There is no better honour than playing for your county as he explains: "It's an honour and I'm grateful to have been given the opportunity to play the games.
"I'm on my last legs so to speak and any opportunity that comes my way I have got to take. It's been a wonderful experience.
"We could still qualify for the World Cup, the third place looks a little bit out of our reach but the fourth spot, which puts you in a qualifier, is between us and Guatemala, Panama have got a slight chance but it's really between us and Guatemala.
"So we have a chance and if we get the fourth spot we'll go into a play off against the 5th place qualifier from Asia. We'll just have to remain focused over the next two games. "Playing in the World Cup is every player's dream - the pinnacle - I'm no different really even at 34.
"If we were to get there it would be a wonderful achievement not just on a personal level but also for the country, Trinidad & Tobago. They really need this chance to get to the World Cup to give them something to look forward to."
Aldershot Town in talks with Boucaud.
Aldershot Town FC.

Terry Brown is in talks with Peterborough United starlet Andre Boucaud with a view to signing the young midfielder.
Posh manager Mark Wright is looking to make room in his squad for the signing of more midfield cover and Boucaud, who has failed to secure a run in the first team this season despite some fine performances since Barry Fry lured him from Reading, seems to be the man making way.
It is thought that Boucaud may be seen as providing the creative flair missing from the midfield. With Gary Holloway - who can also play an orthordox midfield role - out injured, Boucaud could provide the support to the front two that has been missing from a central position.
News from the 15th of September 2005.
Warriors: Let’s go all out.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Members of this country’s national football team will be going all out in their next 2006 World Cup fixture against Panama in Panama City on October 8.
But similar to the support from the fans at the last away match to Costa Rica in San Jose earlier this month, coach Leo Beenhakker and his team will be hoping to have further backing when they face off with Panama in their penultimate encounter on the “Journey to Germany”. A victory then will push the “Warriors” to 10 points and keep alive their chances of sealing fourth spot.
The presence of the fans backed by the sounds of the Laventille Rhythm Section who came via a charter arranged by CLICO and TSTT put a smile on Dwight Yorke and his teammates when they were informed of the support while they were in the dressing room shortly after arriving at the Ricardo Saprissa Stadium.
“It meant a whole lot to us,” Yorke told TTFF Media. “It’s always difficult when you play away from home but knowing that you have some of your own fans there with you could make a big difference and we surely hope this continues,” he added.
Defender Brent Sancho who was ruled out of the match with a hamstring injury sat for a short period in one of the corporate boxes with Honourable President Max Richards but wasted no time before making his way over the T&T section to join up with the likes of CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh players Angus Eve, Nigel Daniel, Kerry Baptiste, Trent Noel and Keyeno Thomas. The contingent also included Cricket star Brian Lara, ex-national football coach Everald “Gally” Cummings and Olympic Gold Medalist Hasely Crawford.
“It felt like being home for a bit especially with the sounds and the flags around,” Sancho said. The sounds of Laventille were heard throughout the venue particularly during the last 15 minutes  of the first half when T&T's play had the 18,000 odd Costa Rican fans in silence.
Beenhakker was the first to spot the fans as he entered the field.
“That’s absolutely great. I was already on the field with my colleagues before the warming up and it was great to see all these people with the music. I went back into the dressing room and I said to the players that listen there’s a lot of support from Trinidad and Tobago so in that way when you go on the pitch, say hello and enjoy it. And I know that from the players that they enjoyed it very much. It’s always difficult to play in a Latin American countries with a  lot of pressure on the visiting team,” Beenhakker said on local television programme Spalk on Sunday night.
The Dutchman also revealed that T&T cannot afford to drop any gears going into the remaining matches against Panama and Mexico.
“That’s now the situation. We know what Guatemala has to go to Mexico and normally knowing these Mexican guys and the pressure of the public, they will play to win. Apart from that there’s no doubt that we have to win the Panama game.”
When quizzed as to whether he would consider staying here on a long term contract, Beenhakker preferred to concentrate on the immediate goal of qualifying for Germany but didn’t count out the possibilities.
“We have a contract until the last match against Mexico and then we’ll see what happens. It’s difficult to make a plan in football. Sometimes they want to  keep you for three or four years and then in six weeks they kick your a**  but it’s part of our job. We are working here with a lot of passion and what we see around is everybody is very enthusiastic and the players want to work. So in that way let’s see what happens. The first job is to go for the fourth place now. It’s never over until it’s over,” Beenhakker ended.
Along with his staff, Beenhakker will continue to monitor the home-based players and will then finalize his team for the upcoming qualifier against the Panamanians.
Carlos Edwards settles in at Luton.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Luton manager Mike Newell was composed as he faced questions on his Trinidad and Tobago signing, Carlos Edwards, on Tuesday night after Luton's 1-0 League Championship loss at Queen's Park Rangers.
It was Edward's second full appearance, again as a right back, and, the Luton press insisted, he showed a marked improvement from his full debut in a 1-1 weekend draw at Wolverhampton. Which showing, they wanted to know, represented the real Edwards?
Newell believes that the best is yet to come.
"It is only his second game in a Luton shirt and he is a good player," said Newell. "(Right back) is not his normal position but (we lost our first choice right back and) Carlos is doing a good job for us there. He will definitely play plenty of games for us and in his proper position too."
Edwards was equally relaxed when discussing his promotion from Wrexham, who have bounced between League One and Two for the past three seasons, to ambitious Luton Town, who are one rung below the England Premier League and hungry to graduate.
"The level is higher than I expected," Edwards told the Trinidad Express. "The quality of play is better and more teams play ball possession than in the lower leagues. I am still learning, even from my opponents.
"But it is just a matter of time before I settle in."
On Tuesday's evidence, he is a quick learner. Edwards was not given freedom of the flank but, as a full back, he exhibited good positional sense and tactical discipline. On the defensive, Edwards never left his feet to tackle but won tackles by imposing his will on the QPR attackers. He channeled his opposing flanker down a blind alley and, when his opponent least expected it, picked his pocket. Mission accomplished.
Edwards curbed his attacking instinct significantly, though, and rarely got within 30 yards of the Queen's Park goal. But his touch was so sure when the ball came his way that Luton goalkeeper Marlon Beresford even took to throwing a couple for his Caribbean full back, a rare gesture for a British goalkeeper.
His influence was insufficient to decide the match, though. A sweet second half free kick from Lee Cook split the two sides although a draw may have been just.
Luton started brighter and had two good chances to take the lead in the first half only for QPR to drag themselves back into the game after the interval. And Cook stole the plaudits with a curling left footed free kick in the 57th minute.
Luton, by then, had run out of ways to get behind the opposing backline and never looked capable of an equaliser despite the late ejection of QPR midfielder Tommy Docherty.
However, the 39-year-old Newell, one of Britain's youngest managers, promised a swift response to the defeat. "We're not in the habit of getting beat," said Newell. "And it is not something we plan on getting used to."
Edwards, who joined Luton in the summer despite fielding inquiries from more established outfits like Leeds United, is sure he is in the right place.
"We always look for the biggest here and set high standards," said Edwards. "My first goal this season is to do well and my second is to achieve promotion to the Premiership. Everyone here believes we can do it and, in our first four or five games, I think we showed what we are capable of."
Edwards said that he was enjoying his football at club and international level despite being used alternately as a wide midfielder and full back for both teams.
"If the national coach or the Luton manager have faith in me to play in (the right back) position, then I will play there," said Edwards. "You can be called upon to play anywhere as a professional and I am always ready for that.
"I am really looking forward to this season and especially our next two World Cup qualifying matches. Everyone is very positive and there is a real buzz about the team and I hope the T&TFF and the fans come behind us again and give us their full support. "We are definitely coming to bring more goals (against Panama and Mexico)." Newell is sure he will deliver some for Luton as well.
News from the 14th of September 2005.
Brent Rahim signs up in Sweden.
[/size]

Brent Rahim has been signed by Swedish Second Division club IF Sylvia with an aim to strengthening their midfield as they seek First Division promotion.
The former West Ham United midfielder spent a week training with the club prior to T&T’s 3-2 win over Guatemala and eventually signed the day before the victory. His deal is up until the end of the current season in October with the option to extending.
So far he has played in one of their fixtures and is likely to start in another match this weekend.
“They signed me to try and add something to their midfield because they are pressing for promotion right now,” Rahim said. “They have taken extremely good care of me and the important thing is for me to start playing at a decent level,” Rahim said on Tuesday. Sylvia is currently top of their group and once they finish the regular season there they will then enter a playoff for promotion at the end of October.
Evans Wise nets in German Cup.
[/size]

German-based professional Evans Wise scored his first goal a couple weeks ago since joining Third Division club Waldhof Mannheim. The skilful left sided player struck the third goal in the 80th minute in his team’s 3-1 win over LSV Landenburg in the German Cup. His goal came after he made a penetrative run through the middle of the penalty box, slipping past three players in the process before tapping into the goal.
“I just did it the way I’m accustomed and that’s taking the ball and running at defenders. I still have the touch and I’m making use of it at the moment,” Wise said.
He also set up his team’s first goal in the 3-1 derby win over Vfl Manhein with a left side cross. “Right now I’m enjoying my football more than ever because the club is making steady progress with huge financial backing and we’re trying to get out of the Third Division,” Wise added.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 01:47:36 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>