March 29, 2024, 12:30:49 AM

Author Topic: Who is the best goalkeeper in colleges football in TnT within past 40yrs?  (Read 11727 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I played with a guy by the name of richard hood,alias{the flying dutchman}for tranquil back in the early 80's.Picture jack twice as fast in the air and on the ground,that was richard hood.   
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 08:56:34 AM by Tallman »

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I have not been around for the past 40 yrs.

the best keeper that I have seen in Intercol is Shaka Hislop. I was in Standard 5 when he was the Big man between the sticks at CIC. Next would be Ryan Archie..........As you can see I went to school in the North, so my observations surrounded these players

Tigersssssssss Rahhhhhhhhh

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Shaka Hislop then Clayton Ince.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
normally i could care less about keepers.  or who the heck yuh stick between the uprights.

best i seen in colleges league is shaka, now keep in mind i am not 50+ years old ok.

possibly throw in INCE, Shabazz  but shaka the best i seen, he was consistently good.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NICHOLAS TELFER ST ANTHONY'S COLLEGE

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
normally i could care less about keepers.  or who the heck yuh stick between the uprights.

best i seen in colleges league is shaka, now keep in mind i am not 50+ years old ok.

possibly throw in INCE, Shabazz  but shaka the best i seen, he was consistently good.

Well you had Goalkeepers like. Cupid, Sealy & Barkley in the 60's and early 70's. The dominant Tech Team of the early 70's had Danny Williams. also a goalkeepr in the 70's was Figaro. Then came Maurice, & Carter late 70's, Shaka and Ince 80's. Take yuh pick all were quality Goalkeepers
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
observer carter, maurice played college league? 
yes they were both very good kepers.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Figaro and Maurice were good keepers.....Shaka was also excellent, I like the fact that he could throw the ball on ah man foot at de half line to start ah quick counter attack...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I have seen colleges league from 1985-1994....the best I have seen are Shaka, Ince, Nigel Neverson, David Austin.

Offline anfield89

• New Warrior
  • TH14 - GOD
    • View Profile
Goalkeeping cock-ups
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 10:35:53 AM »

some really funny ones here, especially the last one.

Interestingly a few are scored where the 'keeper releases the ball onto the ground and the forward nips in, perfectly legitamate. Unlike Bahrains effort.

Enjoy.

http://media.putfile.com/goaly
There are two types of people in this world - those who like The Smiths and those who don't....

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Yow bredren...............U serious homie..........I was in school with Telfer, he was a decent keeper but certainly not the best ..............I find Carlton Alfonso the year after was a better keeper, but da is my boy so I lil bias

The best keeper from SAC was "Pundit" play in the 1988, 1989 teams

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
shaka hislop hands down.... then back in de '70s Pres sando had an indian chap.... think he lived in marabella (could be ragoonath or something) buh he used to shut down goal.... top class keepers, dem fellas used to fly...  :chilling:

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shaka Hislop by leaps and bounds

Més que un club.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Yow bredren...............U serious homie..........I was in school with Telfer, he was a decent keeper but certainly not the best ..............I find Carlton Alfonso the year after was a better keeper, but da is my boy so I lil bias

YEAH MAN YUH KNOW GOOD KEEPERS TOO  NUFF RESPECT

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
shaka hislop hands down.... then back in de '70s Pres sando had an indian chap.... think he lived in marabella (could be ragoonath or something) buh he used to shut down goal.... top class keepers, dem fellas used to fly...  :chilling:

I heard about him....my uncle who is ah serious Benedict's supporter(he believe all pres men lame) even admitted Ragoonath was very good.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thorn Holderfrom QRC ask shaka hislop bout him

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
Shaka Hislop, Brian Hacket and Arnold(?) Corneal, all CIC keepers.
Toujour Pret!

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Aight Rasta....guidance breds......Did u go SAC ? wah year were u in ? cause is only SAC men would know them names.......Bless Up

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ragoonath was real Gallery we. dat man would dive and wrap up ball when all yuh had to do was take one step to the left and catch it  ;D entertaining though
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Aight Rasta....guidance breds......Did u go SAC ? wah year were u in ? cause is only SAC men would know them names.......Bless Up

NAH DRED I PLAY YOUTH FOOTBALL WITH SOME OF THE PLAYERS UP TO UNDER 18.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 11:28:15 AM by rastafari »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
observer carter, maurice played college league? 
yes they were both very good kepers.

Meh head eh what it use to be. But ent Maurice play wid Tech. wid Bert Neptune, Thorp and that generation. Maybe 74-75
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
boy i not so old nah. so i cant really rate shaka hislop cuz i wasnt around.

but there was yhip from qrc and then jean micheal from anthonys. they were two really good keepers.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When i was at CIC Shaka wasnt there but there was a fella named Blaze Coar (spelling), he was damn good. I heard about Barkley, heard his reflexes were on point.He was a coach at a club team in Brooklyn. But if we talkking about best keeper I ever saw while I was looking at SSFL I would defeintely have to go with Mikael Germaine from St Anthony's. Jan Michael from St anthony's who was on the bench when Germaine was there was very good too but I dont think that he had to prove how good he was when he was saving for an all star team.(tigers 01 and 02)
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When i was at CIC Shaka wasnt there but there was a fella named Blaze Coar (spelling), he was damn good. I heard about Barkley, heard his reflexes were on point.He was a coach at a club team in Brooklyn. But if we talkking about best keeper I ever saw while I was looking at SSFL I would defeintely have to go with Mikael Germaine from St Anthony's. Jan Michael from St anthony's who was on the bench when Germaine was there was very good too but I dont think that he had to prove how good he was when he was saving for an all star team.(tigers 01 and 02)

Blaize Coar..u couldn't be serious..

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
I bias sorry, hands down here are some of the most outstanding Keepers to ever grace Intercol, Don Harry, Denzil Gustaf, Anthony Clark, Sean Edwards, Kent Parris, and Greg Mitchell.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
one ah the most entertaining for me had to be the one in net for Bendicts in the mid eighties..or was it PTown.. all this 4king wuk have ah man dizzy... unless it's the same benedits fella, but he lived in ptown..hmmm! why did I put on that weather news to hear that is snow in we tail..  :banginghead:

This fella, could real fly..short and small frame but he could real move.. benedits peeps, help meh memory
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 12:15:03 PM by Jumbie »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I bias sorry, hands down here are some of the most outstanding Keepers to ever grace Intercol, Don Harry, Denzil Gustaf, Anthony Clark, Sean Edwards, Kent Parris, and Greg Mitchell.

Did sean edwards play in the 80's..if so I think I remember him

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Blaize Coar..u couldn't be serious..

Yes man... ah original Fatima man... at the time.. Fatima had four goal keepers starting for other teams in the North....

Real Madness... you eh rate Coar... as ah keeper.... tell meh why... You see him put down ah pile for Morehouse or wha?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

U really bias dey   ;D...Anthony Clarke was definitely good.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile

U really bias dey ;D...Anthony Clarke was definitely good.

What about Gerald Clarke? ???
Live large and prosper!

1]; } ?>