March 28, 2024, 02:22:57 PM

Author Topic: Who is the best goalkeeper in colleges football in TnT within past 40yrs?  (Read 11724 times)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When i was at CIC Shaka wasnt there but there was a fella named Blaze Coar (spelling), he was damn good. I heard about Barkley, heard his reflexes were on point.He was a coach at a club team in Brooklyn. But if we talkking about best keeper I ever saw while I was looking at SSFL I would defeintely have to go with Mikael Germaine from St Anthony's. Jan Michael from St anthony's who was on the bench when Germaine was there was very good too but I dont think that he had to prove how good he was when he was saving for an all star team.(tigers 01 and 02)

Blaize Coar..u couldn't be serious..

Yes man... ah original Fatima man... at the time.. Fatima had four goal keepers starting for other teams in the North....

Real Madness... you eh rate Coar... as ah keeper.... tell meh why... You see him put down ah pile for Morehouse or wha?

Hahaha..we talking about best goalkeepers..not keepers with de biggest mouth....as for de piles he put down for Morehouse..that is another story..I not saying de man lame but I have seen at least 25 keepers better than him between 1985 and 1995.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
For me twas a Red Man from Princes town name Nigel Roberts. Crossbar-to-crossbar, he was a beast. Boss penalty stopper too 93' intercol.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Hahaha..we talking about best goalkeepers..not keepers with de biggest mouth....as for de piles he put down for Morehouse..that is another story..I not saying de man lame but I have seen at least 25 keepers better than him between 1985 and 1995.

Ok well den we kinda agree... the man was good but if had to rate local keepers that I personally see I think he would be in my top 25 for de least
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Oh God,Fabian. Only South Man. Den again Port of Spain was real far back in your day.  ;D

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
I hadda big up Kevin Leacock in the early 90's. He never play no national side but make the school all star team in front of all them ''big'' name keepers in that time. QRC was on a 20 game unbeaten streak with him in the goal and only concede more than 1 goal once for the season...in a 2-2 draw with saints. Until them damn st. fairies beat we in the big 8 final in skinner park, 2-1. Jason Rocke and Gabre Cummings..
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
I hadda big up Kevin Leacock in the early 90's. He never play no national side but make the school all star team in front of all them ''big'' name keepers in that time. QRC was on a 20 game unbeaten streak with him in the goal and only concede more than 1 goal once for the season...in a 2-2 draw with saints. Until them damn st. fairies beat we in the big 8 final in skinner park, 2-1. Jason Rocke and Gabre Cummings..

Aye Spidey, watch de name callin...  ;D
Toujour Pret!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Ok well den we kinda agree... the man was good but if had to rate local keepers that I personally see I think he would be in my top 25 for de least

I watch plenty colleges football..not only in de south zone..here is a list of keepers I believe are better than Coar (my humble opinion..list will have plenty south men because I watched a lot of south games but I seen a lot of games in de north and east as well)....the list will be missing some names since I can't remember all of them..

Shaka Hislop,Clayton Ince,Nigel Neverson,David Austin,Anthony Clarke,Michael McCommie,Donovan Harry,
Emile Allahar,Gavin Moze,Nigel Roberts,Donovan Harry,Gregory Mitchell,Ravi Samlal,Matthew deSouza,Mikhel Peters,Ricardo Johnson,Kevin leacock,..there are other keepers whose names I can't remember from Malick, Arima, green machine, el do, qrc,signal hill that are missing.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 01:51:16 PM by real madness »

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What about Grel from Pres in the 90's? I think he was a pretty decent keeper. Duarance Williams is a next big keeper from compre.I remember playing against him in under 15 and i was saying there is no way this man could be under 15. Naps also had a keeper around 98 99. A big strapid dark man, i tink dey use to call him cow man or sumtin so...i give gim real ratings.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
Yeah Spidey chess back wit all dat ole talk eh ...dais two ah mih brethren that apparently hauntin yuh to dis day ...Rocke was a beast dat year and Cummings pound for pound one ah de best dribblers in the North!   ;D  I agree dat Leacock could ah hold it!  but doh start that 'fairies' business unless yuh ready fi war!! Doh leh mih have to hail up mih brethren Warmonga!!!!!! :chilling:
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What about Grel from Pres in the 90's? I think he was a pretty decent keeper. Duarance Williams is a next big keeper from compre.I remember playing against him in under 15 and i was saying there is no way this man could be under 15. Naps also had a keeper around 98 99. A big strapid dark man, i tink dey use to call him cow man or sumtin so...i give gim real ratings.

I saw a little of Grell..he was decent..de funny thing is he was never ah keeper..next thing he on de championship team and national under 20 team..Pres known for putting anybody in goal..in de early 90s..we had 1 keeper so he invited his pardna (never play any ball..his talent was eating doubles)to try out for back up..next ting de back up become de first choice....1 or 2 seasons later one of de defenders was the 1st choice keeper.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
leacocok he was agood one
i forget he and mc Commie,  Boxhill trinity
What about Sagar from Fatima had a hell of a yr When they finshed 2nd in Big 7.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
but how nobody aint mention Michael Mcomie, allyuh forget he was the best ting in de air.  Ince coulda fly like Mic but Ince was probably #2. Shaka was always de best ting on the floor. I aint hatin on Ince, I went to school wid de fella but Mcomie was nice...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kevinAckin

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Mikhel Peters CIC

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
grell was nice as a keeper. as a forward he wasnt bad too. i still remember the flying header he score against benedict's against another good keeper- ricardo.   

before grell, allahar was decent.  i was too young to see ragoonath play school football but i saw him in some prefects against staff matches-he was decent u know

Offline goalmember

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
I bias sorry, hands down here are some of the most outstanding Keepers to ever grace Intercol, Don Harry, Denzil Gustaf, Anthony Clark, Sean Edwards, Kent Parris, and Greg Mitchell.

Mitchell?  Edwards?  What yuh tryin to say, the best keepers went to Pres? 

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
grell was nice as a keeper. as a forward he wasnt bad too. i still remember the flying header he score against benedict's against another good keeper- ricardo.

before grell, allahar was decent. i was too young to see ragoonath play school football but i saw him in some prefects against staff matches-he was decent u know

ricardo another great keeper but another exmple of not being focused...dis wan starting for bebdicts first X1 while in form 2.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
I bias sorry, hands down here are some of the most outstanding Keepers to ever grace Intercol, Don Harry, Denzil Gustaf, Anthony Clark, Sean Edwards, Kent Parris, and Greg Mitchell.

Did sean edwards play in the 80's..if so I think I remember him

Jumbie yuh talking bout me.  But it was for P.Town in de '90s.  Just kidding.

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

I was reading this thread waiting to see if someone would mention Kevin Leacock.spideybuff, I give yuh props.Leacock helped QRC make it to the Big 7 and Intercol final (intercol final was scraped that year because benedicts and arima compre had a tussel in de south in the semifinal game) in 1991.Very sure hands and a huge physical presence.Could have easily played at the National level.Why he did not? your guess is as good as mine.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
For me twas a Red Man from Princes town name Nigel Roberts. Crossbar-to-crossbar, he was a beast. Boss penalty stopper too 93' intercol.

P. Town Champ.  Thanks for bigging meh up.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Augi that wasnt no tussle breds -that was war.  that was like the two sevens clashing.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile

I watch plenty colleges football..not only in de south zone..here is a list of keepers I believe are better than Coar (my humble opinion..list will have plenty south men because I watched a lot of south games but I seen a lot of games in de north and east as well)....the list will be missing some names since I can't remember all of them..

Shaka Hislop,Clayton Ince,Nigel Neverson,David Austin,Anthony Clarke,Michael McCommie,Donovan Harry,
Emile Allahar,Gavin Moze,Nigel Roberts,Donovan Harry,Gregory Mitchell,Ravi Samlal,Matthew deSouza,Mikhel Peters,Ricardo Johnson,Kevin leacock,..there are other keepers whose names I can't remember from Malick, Arima, green machine, el do, qrc,signal hill that are missing.

Appreciate that men remember meh name.  Real Madness, yuh know ah bring real tears to real Pres man eyes.  Is three times ah wrap up Avery penalty, fed up shut out Pres.

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
No doubt......St. Anthony's  Mikael Germaine .... i dont know where he is now but.......he was savin when they win their first intercol with carlos edwards and Copper and Westfield from Malik....

Yhe man save for them for countless years.. at a point in time i question how old he was.......

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bain- QRC (same year as Sadaphal)
Kendall - Fatima (same year as Gally)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Appreciate that men remember meh name.  Real Madness, yuh know ah bring real tears to real Pres man eyes.  Is three times ah wrap up Avery penalty, fed up shut out Pres.

Although u save his penalty in de intercol final..u couldn't handle de rebound... ;D...that 93 south final was a very good game..that intercol Pres keeper Robin Thompson was inspired like he ate some of Popeye's spinach.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile

Appreciate that men remember meh name.  Real Madness, yuh know ah bring real tears to real Pres man eyes.  Is three times ah wrap up Avery penalty, fed up shut out Pres.

Although u save his penalty in de intercol final..u couldn't handle de rebound... ;D...that 93 south final was a very good game..that intercol Pres keeper Robin Thompson was inspired like he ate some of Popeye's spinach.

The league was mine that year though.  Was riding a six game shot out record.  Only conceded one goal for the entire 1st round.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 06:15:28 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
some of the best down South i saw in the late 80's- 90's were Ravi Samlal, Nigel Neverson(Benedicts), Allahar & Mitchell(Pres), Ancil Valley (Naps), Hospedales(Pville) and Roberts(PTown).

the rest of the country i will have to say Leacock,McCommie,Ince,the indian from Fatima, Alfred from Malick? and Loobie.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boi nuff man posting on dis thread, ah thought there was ah age restriction on de forum.  :beermug:   ;D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 03:41:21 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Shia Prescod Naprima College 98-2001

Ask any rel football fan bout him......

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
I have to give it to Nigel Neverson from Benedicts he crazy but he athletiism is something else he used to clown around too much but he was  one of the best I see and he coulds play outside too....another one was Mc cormie but he too ignorant and stupid i think his temperament took away from his potential

Offline Swomp

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Leacock(big up meh old coach),sean edwards, shai prescod, duarance williams,shaka hislop(one of the best goalies I've seen),squires, mikel germaine, yohan marin,marvin phillip

This mite b over 40 years bt U mus big up Lincoln Phillips wen u talkin goalkeepers.

1]; } ?>