March 28, 2024, 06:15:27 PM

Author Topic: Can/Should Glenn move to another club?  (Read 1761 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Can/Should Glenn move to another club?
« on: April 16, 2005, 10:40:18 PM »

I don't see him breaking into that Dallas starting lineup anytime soon unless there is an injury and even then things not looking good.
He wasn't even on the bench today against Chivas.  He is going up against Eddie Johnson and Carlos Ruiz...the new and old stars of the MLS.

Can he still move within the MLS?  Not sure if there is a transfer deadline....and if he can move which teams have space for him (International Player spots) and which ones could do with his services.  If speed is his strong suit then only playing 45 mins in a reserve game not good enuff.

He could just sit tight and play his arse off in those reserve games if it is helping him get better but there has to be the possibility of first team ball.  Might be too early to worry but if he making a switch the earlier in the season the better.

What you'll think?
Sit tight or should his agent being working overtime?

truetrini

Re: Can/Should Glenn move to another club?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 10:52:50 PM »
move wey?  chivas?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 12:03:20 AM »

Columbus
Real Salt Lake
Chicago Fire

I think he have a better chance of getting a spot on one of those teams.  And he can move to any of them up until September.
Can't transfer to another league till August.

Tiger not listed as an SI player.

Chivas already have 4 SI players so the trade will have to be with another SI player.

Those above 3 teams have good experiences with Caribbean players for what it worth.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 03:09:57 AM »
Dcs that is why we tend to have low level players because they dont know the value of fighting for their place...jus becauzse it look difficult for a man to break into a team dont mean you should move him to a softer team how is that suppose to raise their level? Trini players dont fight games and cant perform in pressure suituations let him work his ass off he is at a top team let him appreciate the value of hardwork  if he keeps performing the coach will put him in slowly but surely you think the coach chose him as an allocated foreign player to sit him on the bench?..I watched his games recently and his level has dropped off he doesnt deserve to be starting neither does stern....to be the best you have to compete and train with the best yorke used to bench like i doh know what  and look at the heights he got to?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 06:41:11 AM »
Dcs that is why we tend to have low level players because they dont know the value of fighting for their place...jus becauzse it look difficult for a man to break into a team dont mean you should move him to a softer team how is that suppose to raise their level? Trini players dont fight games and cant perform in pressure suituations let him work his ass off he is at a top team let him appreciate the value of hardwork  if he keeps performing the coach will put him in slowly but surely you think the coach chose him as an allocated foreign player to sit him on the bench?..I watched his games recently and his level has dropped off he doesnt deserve to be starting neither does stern....to be the best you have to compete and train with the best yorke used to bench like i doh know what  and look at the heights he got to?

that is so true! we realy dont know de value of wuking tuh be on ah team! (stern knows it) but i think that as soon as we see on ah we boys in trouble tuh make ah side, we quick tuh say that he should move tuh another club!

let glenn wuk fuh he place! let him run in training! dey eh paying him $7,000 US ah month tuh lime!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 09:02:11 AM »

I think players should be working hard regardless and is probably true that some of our players don't make it a part of their routine until they in trouble (Nigel Pierre).

So I not suggesting this move instead of working hard.....but realistically even if Cornell was at the top of his game he would not be getting a starting position in front of those two....maybe alongside them or in the midfield if he figure out how to play the position.(Somehow I feel he is not a natural goalscorer)
Just marketing wise he would not get ahead of them not to mention they playing well.

Cornell himself need to focus on just working hard but is really his agent should be the one exploring those options from now.
If it look like the hard work still won't get him into the team then hopefully he could make the move....but it early still so we go see.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 09:21:44 AM »
I agree with DCS though I fully backing de Hard Work as well. I think there is really only one spot to try for because Eddie Johnson in that position and Team because Coach Arena wants him there and he is actually doing well. Maybe I am reading too much into it but I kinda view it as how Rooney is at ManU right now
as was Scholes and Beckham, Even Freddie Adu i think has been strategically placed.. So Glenn needs to work and play as hard as Eddie Johnson, his workrate stats should be first Team worthy but his Agents also has to keep an eye out for "better playtime" for him so as to maintain those levels and even surpass an Eddie Johnson cause he should have a little more Samba than Eddie does anyway...  He is ah Trini...

Imagine Dem Brazilians beating we back in football  and is we start Carnival.... Go figure...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 10:46:20 PM »
Cream does always rise to de top. A lil extra dedication to crash de fus 11 will do dis youth a world of good.

1]; } ?>