April 24, 2024, 06:14:40 PM

Author Topic: Paging Ato Boldon !!!!!! aka De Golden Boldon Thread  (Read 74885 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Paging Ato Boldon !!!!!! aka De Golden Boldon Thread
« on: November 25, 2005, 04:55:33 AM »
Ah see Ato Boldon onboard now, so let me get de chance to say, welcome pardna...

Ah have a few questions for you...

Ato some quick questions here.
By Sam, with help from Flex.

Whats your thought on that trator Kerron Clement.

Is Mark Findlay any good, the English born who wants to run for T&T.

Is Darrel Bown over-rated or injury killing him.

Are you half Jamaican, if so, why did you choose to run for T&T.

How good is Marc Burns and Jacy Harper.

Is Asafa Powell the real deal or a one hit wonder.

Do you think Fana Ashby and Kelly-Ann Kaylene Baptiste will break any records or capable of doing so.

Whats your take on youths Renny Quow and Jamil James.

Do track get enough support from the government in T&T.

Are you living in T&T now.

What are you planning to do now seeing that you have retired.

If you get the chance to coach our track team would you take that position.

Before you ran for T&T were you ever approached by the US to run for them seeing that you were a resident there.

Why did you retire from track. Was it injury or age, because Frankie Fredricks was pretty old and won Silver.

How come your training pardna Maurice Green became so fast all of a sudden and you were faster at first.

Are you going to Germany to see T&T play.

Seeing that your wife is an American, does she like T&T.

Are you full time now with CMC 3 and where is that station based.

Does Adidas still sponsor you seeing that you dont run anymore.

How did you meet Zidane, I saw a video with you and him.

Do you think T&T will get any Gold in the next Olympics.

Whats your thoughts on the Soca Warriors Online and why did you decide to join us.

I visit your site and you have a section with top 10's, how come FIFA is not on your list seeing that you are a football (soccer) fan.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 02:54:00 AM by Socapro »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Re: Paging Ato Boldon !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 05:32:33 AM »
He will be the next WR holder in that event.  He is still very young.  Best thing could have happened was that cut arse in worlds.  It will fire him up.
Mark who?
Darrel Brown is not over-rated he is just finding out what everyone in track knows.  Good/great junior means nothing at senior level.  Next year and 07 will tell if he is the real deal.
Of course I was born in Trinidad.  My mother is Jamaican.
Marc Burns is who my coach wanted, not Darrel.  He thinks that, long term, Marc will be better.  He is seldom wrong, but we will see.  Jacey Harper is a great relay leg when he is in form.
Asafa is the real deal but until he actually wins a medal of some color he will be seen as one who can't run when it counts.  Gatlin is the man until further notice.
Fana will not break any records that matter in my opinion. I have never been as impressed as I was by a young female sprinter since I saw Kelly-Ann in Tobago at Carifta this year....the girl is the only local female I have seen who understands the "drive phase" completely.  If she really masters that she will be our most succesful female sprinter ever.
Quow and James will only be as successful as the programs they are in. College can ruin good athletes sometimes because the coach is about the team and not the individuals.  If you ask me to bet I wouldn't bet that Ian Morris' 44.21 record is in any danger from either of the 2.
Track gets a good deal more support than previously, but given our record we should get the most money.  I cheer for the Warriors but they are #51 in the world.  The 4 x100 relay was #2 this year.  That isn't a bias, it's a fact.
I don't live in TnT but I am there so often people think so.  I live in LA but I am home on a monthly basis, almost.
I plan to do everything I get a chance to, now that I am retired.  That's why in 2005 I have done a little bit of everything.  2006 is going to be the year that even those that have had nothing good to say about me for years are forced to say "ok we have to give him his due".  I am going to put TNT on the map bigger than I ever could when I was running.  I want to be the 2005 Jack Warner. LOL
I will not coach TNT track.  I am not a coach and being a runner previously does not automatically qualify you for that position. 
I retired from track becasue it was no longer fun to be constantly injured. I was never the same physically since the drunk ass hit me on the PBR in 2002. 
Maurice Greene was better than I was at 100m, and when he got to my camp it took a little while but he blossomed past me simply because I was under John Smith before him and once we both were coached by hiim, the difference in ability came out.  Maurice's rise was not sudden at all, to those who know the sport. He made the US 100m World Championship team before he got to John Smith in 1996,  in 1995, at 20! 
I will be in Germany to see them, God-willing.
My ex-wife never particularly liked Trinidad, I don't think.
I am not full time with CNC 3.  I don't want no boss, so if I do something, I have to control it fully - as in the case of the Warriors Bahrain special. 
CNC 3 is on the top floor of the Guardian Newspaper building on lower St Vincent Street.
Adidas is still my sponsor until they are sure I am not coming back for Beijing '08
I was at the WC finals in 98 in Paris and Zidane is with adidas.  I used to be a huge fan of that France team that won in 1998.
We could get gold in swimming or Track and Field, possibly.
I have been coming here for years before but never joined.  Now I have done it.  Some real characters in here which means I will fit in well.
How you could have missed football at #2 on my TOP TEN list is beyond me.

P.S. That is definitely not a few quick questions. :-\

« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 06:07:07 AM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 05:39:40 AM »
Ah revise de questions and them Ato......

Check it out again, thanks...

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 05:41:23 AM »
Ato Jabari Boldon, i tip my hat to you!

some of my friends told me that u actually reply to each email that u receive and i really didnt believe them cause i assumed that u let people answer them for u.

butr after reading this post, and seeing how u answered every question that our site "bouncer" sam asked except the ones about maurice green and the one about zidane, i am impressed.

by de way, what type of ato boldon memoraldia did u have while u ran?

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 05:44:24 AM »
Ato ah read somewhere that you were discovered whilst playing football in the states, ah think it was wing. Is that true?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 05:46:19 AM »
And ato, do u think that u were sufficiently rewarded by our government for your achievements?

Wat type of rewards did u receive?

please doh talk bout how "seeing de people happy makes u happy" lol

ah love it!! (big up to brian lara)
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 05:51:03 AM »
Yes I was sufficiently rewarded, and despite my rustiness now (on de video lol) I was 1st team all state in California at forward my senior year of HS which means I was pretty damn good but I went a different route. Who knows what could have happened in the football direction. We will never know.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 05:55:48 AM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 05:54:45 AM »
Whey boy. Dat man should be on the West Indies team. He come out and bowl ah set ah pace at Ato. But Ato you is ah boss, yuh handle it like Lara.
Ah always like yuh fuh yuh straight talk. Nuff respect.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 05:58:57 AM »
Ato don't worry about about people boy keep your head on,you are a BOSS.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 06:03:16 AM »
Cheers Ato. Ah would ah like tuh see yuh run past man with a ball at yuh foot too.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 06:26:09 AM »
Cheers to Ato i've been going through your website recently, boy i always fighting down talk with my friend bout how without you T&T would never have advanced in terms of track but all those stats on you, you have to be the GOAT forget MG you're a trini and I damned proud of all your accomplishments.(Though personally as you start back training I kinda hoping i'll see you in 2008)
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 06:31:33 AM »
Wait nah.. De boss man him self...

Ato I alsway defend yuh against detrators.. You are a cool dude with a big heart as far as i can see... You are doing your part to serve your country.. Well Done man.

I sure Ato guh break de News about 2008 rite here.!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 06:54:26 AM »
Mr Ato himself  :applause:.... even though a few questions wasn't answered, we still say thank you..

Did you know it have a track section here also..

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?board=6.0

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 07:00:27 AM »
Yeah ATO you ended my track carrer that never got started. The first year you came to Trini and raced I was one of your victims.(My firt 100m race)  :devil: You raced in mens category and I was there in your heat and when the gun went off I lifted my head to see the smoke coming out your ass :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: But It's all good I can always tell my friends that adore you here in Germany that I raced against you and thats my claim to athletic fame.  

I love what you did for track & field in Trini.

Signed
//ex Trinidad Long & Tripple jump champ//
Was gonna be 100m champ if ATO didn't embarras me :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005, 07:13:24 AM »
Like Ato ride out on we....  :devil:

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2005, 07:34:54 AM »
       Ato keep up the great work that you have done in the past in representing T&T and now being like an ambassador for them! Will the special that aired on CNC 3: "Warriors in Bahrain" be put on a dvd and sold? I live in T&T but I know many of the persons on this site are away and other home-sick trinis abroad really want that special presentation as a memorabilia.

I guess when you go to the WC with the Soca Warriors next year, you will film another special: "The Soca Warriors in the World Cup"? If I there I will point out to you who I am and make sure that me and the other forumites who there make it on that feature too eh. hahaah

Keep up the great work Mr. Boldon, God's speed to you...

J.   ;D
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2005, 07:38:22 AM »
as well Ato... great luck in becoming the Jack Warner of 2005 in 2006. I like that one!!

hahaah.  :D

J.

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Ato you make an out dey
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2005, 08:13:23 AM »
you cant come on this site with your real name, that is what they have screen name for.

you aint see them men start to ask yuh all kind of question.

You aint see Sam done start to ask question bout your Wife, Ex or not Sam and wife come like Gramoxzone and Paraquat not to be mentioned in the same sentence

Next thing man go want your old spikes and training tips and thing.

Better to stay under low

My screen name is KND if them fellas know my real name was Pele you would know the kind of drama I would be in.

Who want me to train the Grandson
Who want Ronaldo Atograph
Who want Ronaldhino Jock Strap

Whole day them men would have been boarding me.

That is why I stay underlow :rotfl: :rotfl:

King Pele aka KND and KND2 ;)

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ato you make an out dey
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2005, 08:15:42 AM »
   KND doh diss yourself, you are KND the good one from the posts from yesteryear. KND 2 is a strange person who eh really sure about what he types.

Keep up your consistent good posts KND, wish we could say the same about your sequel.

J.  ;D

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2005, 08:28:10 AM »
Yes I was sufficiently rewarded, and despite my rustiness now (on de video lol) I was 1st team all state in California at forward my senior year of HS which means I was pretty damn good but I went a different route. Who knows what could have happened in the football direction. We will never know.

I'm impressed with Ato's forthcomingness (if that's even a word) I still go to his website alot its very interesting and I guess i just like these two sites because I can get people's true opinions and not a revised version...Ato thanks for the support of the warriors and thanks for your efforts on the track scene ....I guess I should ask a thing or two about Marc and Darrel...so this would be it......I think Marc is talented and very determined but what i wanna know is is there anyway for him to improve his start significantly because I think it affects his entire race how slow he gets out or is he one of those athletes destined to have a poor start but a good pickup late in the race like carl lewis and do you think darrel is strong enough physically todo the damage we'd like him to do cuz Ive seen him lose it in the last 40 a few times....thanx and  biggup

ps I watch yuh lil clip look like yuh have a decent lil post up game lol

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2005, 08:31:43 AM »
KND doh diss yourself, you are KND the good one from the posts from yesteryear. KND 2 is a strange person who eh really sure about what he types.

Keep up your consistent good posts KND, wish we could say the same about your sequel.

J. ;D

In other words KND stands for "Kids Next Door" see them on Cartoon Network on week days from 7pm....

Ato, that was a few questions, yuh really dont want me to ask more (lol)..... Thanks for de reply..... man like KND like to flap he beak so just ignore them... he still bleching de channa punch he drink last night, he gearing up for Triniman...

Top 10 list....

http://www.atoboldon.com/top10/

I didn't see de FIFA football (soccer) under games thats why I asked, see for yourself, no biggie.... ?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 08:41:35 AM by Flex »

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2005, 08:34:39 AM »
Thanks alot Ato. I love the way no matter what .... u always bigging up your country. I still feel you still have that spark to run still. i hoping i could see you on the track come 2008. If not the 100m i feel the 200m.

I'm not a track expert but i always felt you were better at the longer sprint. Keep the flag flying ....and doh worry ... you know you gonna get some "pong" on this site ...... all ah we is trini.  ;D and we like ah good old talk.

Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2005, 08:38:44 AM »
Thanks alot Ato. I love the way no matter what .... u always bigging up your country. I still feel you still have that spark to run still. i hoping i could see you on the track come 2008. If not the 100m i feel the 200m.

I'm not a track expert but i always felt you were better at the longer sprint. Keep the flag flying ....and doh worry ... you know you gonna get some "pong" on this site ...... all ah we is trini.  ;D and we like ah good old talk.

Talkin Bout pong.. Ato Talk De truth.. it had couple times you pull up during a race.... Was it because you were injured, or yuh expected ah lil licks... TTT(Talk The Truth) We en guh tell no body...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2005, 09:02:29 AM »
Ato is true class. I true, de man does answre every e-mail.  Ah used to shoot questions on he website and de man used to take the time to answer.  Ato, ah didn't know yuh was ah single man again.  Boss, how yuh keeping all them woman away?  Yuh might need ah pitbull to fend them off.  Yuh say you going to be the next Jack Warner.  Could you elaborate on exactly what type of aspirations you have in the business field.  Just curious.  APpreciate you taking the time to be with us here.  You are a great role model.  Good luck as you return to training. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 10:11:56 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2005, 09:06:33 AM »
Was gonna be 100m champ if ATO didn't embarras me :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Did you come second, then?  :rotfl:
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005, 10:23:59 AM »
wow~
Ato.. dat is just a BOSS post!!
honest and straightforward!! Why cant all our stars be like that!
And Lara make he double!!
If only we can get Lara to come on here when he have a chance!!!! But yuh know... now that he going to be world record holder... he might be to big for we here!!

But BIG UP to ATO!!
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2005, 10:40:29 AM »
WheEEYYYSSSSS!!!!! real superstars on the site now.....1st Movartman then Feliziano then me now ATO......Ah shure it have real superstars in here hiding..........Whey allyuh...oconnorg ah sure you is a super star too.......whey allyuh......... ;D   :beermug: :beermug:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2005, 10:44:42 AM »

GOOD TO SEE YOU KNOW ABOUT  FOOTBALL ATO BECASUE I JUST COME UP WITH THIS ONE. HOW ABOUT HELPING DE WARRIORS WITH RUNNING AND SPRINTING.IT WILL BE GOOD TO SEE YOU WORKING WID DEM.
YOU IS AH TRUE WARRIOR.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2005, 10:49:36 AM »
Great idea!
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2005, 10:57:11 AM »
WheEEYYYSSSSS!!!!! real superstars on the site now.....1st Movartman then Feliziano then me now ATO......Ah shure it have real superstars in here hiding..........Whey allyuh...oconnorg ah sure you is a super star too.......whey allyuh......... ;D :beermug: :beermug:

You guessed right.. i am a Superstar.... I will give you 3 guesses as to who i am .!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>