April 25, 2024, 04:58:30 AM

Author Topic: Paging Ato Boldon !!!!!! aka De Golden Boldon Thread  (Read 74913 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Paging Ato Boldon !!!!!!
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2005, 09:25:58 PM »
eh all who want to ask ato question go on de general discussion board and play allyuh self but this thread goin on fuh years and football stop discuss long time
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2005, 10:16:26 PM »
morvantman.....this tread just like ah tv station.......if yuh dont want to watch it...look at something else...nobody forcin yuh.....some people like to watch certain things....

After all wer are not communists
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2005, 03:05:45 PM »
The Bahrain Warriors DVD is one step closer to reality - just some legalities to see bout so cross dem fingers...

For the DVD I think Carnival is a realistic time-frame

Big-up to you Ato! I hope 'Warriors in Bahrain' DVD can be made available internationally especially in London where I am based!

It will sell! Will also like to get a DVD of our two play-off games (the full match) to mark our historic 1st World Cup Qualification!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2005, 04:51:49 PM »
Well that one I ent have control of
BORN TO DO IT

truetrini

« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2005, 01:16:32 AM »
morvantman.....this tread just like ah tv station.......if yuh dont want to watch it...look at something else...nobody forcin yuh.....some people like to watch certain things....

we may not be commies but we have ah Stalin running tings in we football ent? ;)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2005, 02:04:21 AM »
"we may not be commies but we have ah Stalin running tings in we football ent? "

lol :rotfl:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2005, 05:55:52 PM »

we may not be commies but we have ah Stalin running tings in we football ent? ;)
hahaha Stalin i would gear alittle more to Lenin cuz it only now establish  :D

Ato boy i like d costume of d recent TnT uniform "Ato" on d back... fresh from d sweat shops of cambodia (now dat is communist)  :rotfl:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2005, 05:52:10 PM »
 :beermug:

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2005, 06:16:55 PM »
yea boy ato those weren't no quick questions LOL. ANyway i late ur tape Warriors in Bahrain but i fine u cud hav sed sumthin bout how de Bahrain fella kick the ball out of Jack hand. I eh hear u mention n e thing bout dat

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2005, 06:33:06 PM »
To be honest that is a glaring ommission - which we will try to fix b4 the DVD.  I don't think the cameraman caught it on our tape but you are exactly right!
BORN TO DO IT

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2005, 12:28:28 AM »
Measure for measure.
By: Keith Smith (Express).

Speculating idly about sports as men sometimes do (am I being sexist here?) the talk turned to the greatest Trinbagonian sportsman since 1976, the cut-off year chosen simply because it was the year in which Hasely Crawford took a short cut (according to one calypsonian) to 100-metre gold in Montreal, Canada.

That, indeed, was an historic time (10.06), Trinidad and Tobago's first and only Olympic gold medal and that, qualified Crawford for being among the greatest-but the greatest? Perhaps, I should make it clear that it was not one of those rambunctious or rumbunctious Trinidadian arguments, all heat and no light, with men talking in gang and the discussion going nowhere.

No, far from it. It was a civilised chat easy on a Sunday morning only it was Wednesday night after we had heard of Ato Boldon's bagging of yet another medal, making it eight (four "Olympics'' - one silver, three bronze (one of only three men in the whole of Olympic history with four Olympic sprint medals), four "Worlds'' (making him the most medalled (sorry, English teachers, but some of these "Americanisms'' do flow trippingly from the tongue) of our surprisingly many, for such a small country, world class athletes)).

How does eight non-gold international medals, we pondered, stack up against one gold? Does that one world-beating dash stand in a class of its own, given the unexpectedness (to all, with the single exception, perhaps of then Express sports writer, Mervyn Wells) of the victory and the fact that the Olympic sprint is the blue ribbon athletic event of the whole wide world?

Or is there a bigger case to be made for consistency, medal after medal on a continuum, the Boldon boy bringing us to our collective feet not once but time and time again even if he never pulled off that one golden feat that given his other, well, lesser successes, would have ended the best ever sportsman argument right there and then-at least as far as athletics was concerned.

Because, as you'd imagine, looming large in the lavway were the cricket exploits of one Brian Charles Lara (and, yes, Steve, after years of being just plain "Brian Lara'' that "Charles'' there was, well, middled by the media to give a certain weightiness to the name in the wake of the majestic manner of the making of all those runs) and you'd think that all things considered his record run would have then and there ended the discussion as to who is the greatest Trinbagonian sportsman ever.

Except that in considering all things you'd have to consider just how many countries on the planet play cricket as against how many, well, attack athletics. Or to personalise the match-up, when Crawford and Boldon were running they were running against the best athletes culled from a far larger portion of the world than Brian whose batting was against how many really-five, six, seven, eight countries.

So just on the "maths'' alone, you'd think. Ato and Hasely would be put ahead of Brian "Charles''...Only, you'd be thinking wrong because you have to weigh a man's achievements, I think, in the company of his peers and, besides, you'd have to put in the mix, I also think, what we value (Earl Lovelace first put this notion to me) and of all sports cricket is what we value most, which means that, perhaps, just perhaps, Brian's countrymen value his batting accolades more than those gained in, say. athletics and, just to keep up with recent trends, football.

In the end, though, all this kinda speculation is kinda meaningless. I mean, who would want to diminish George Bovell's winning of our sole Olympic swim medal (against all odds again) and I don't know that, with a gun at my head, I'd be able to say that I would trade the wonder of Brian's batting for the creative wizardry I've seen from, say, "Gally'' Cummings with a football at his feet. Or De Leon. Or Steve David. Or Russell Latapy.

Or, coming to think of it, looking back past 1976, the likes of Ralph Legall who, incredibly, was a maestro of so many sports that the thought comes what would he not have been had he concentrated on just one and had he been born at a different time and, indeed, in a different place?

So we talked, as sporting men would, about all these things, the names, well, tripping from the tongue-MacDonald Bailey, Learie Constantine, Edwin Roberts, Sonny Ramadhin, Alvin Corneal, Hugh "Black Panther'' Sealey and Pat Gomez and Lincoln Phillips and Clive Burnett and Jean Mouttet (my long-standing friends, were you to meet them, would tell you I have this annoying habit of going on about goalkeepers), Manny Ramjohn, Rodney Wilkes, Andy Ganteaume, Roger Gibbon (possibly the greatest rider ever on an inadequate bike), so many sportsmen in this tiny land who made and keep making statements big and small, giving generations all this room to walk the talk and, so satisfyingly, to talk the sweetest talk.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_opinion?id=122896340
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 06:57:41 AM by Flex »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2006, 04:49:45 AM »
Ato, ent you and Tony Braxton is good friends, whats the latest with her. She ever come to T&T ?

I saw you also have a picture with Chris Tucker, do you know him..

And is the DVD yuh making is the same as the one we saw in Bahrain on your site or will you add more stuff to it.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2006, 03:48:32 PM »
Toni was my next door neighbor for about 2 years and I have known her for about 11 years now.  Her recording career is kind of in the dumps - she is on Broadway more than she sings lately.

The DVD is a better version of the TV show with stuff added and enhanced and also other things that never made the TV version. Chris and I are good friends for a while too, he too is down the street in my community which I have since moved out of.  HE was supposed to come to TNT for Carnival but cancelled, very late.
www.atoboldon.com/video/Chris%20Tucker.wmv
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 04:09:30 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2006, 06:20:18 PM »
ato i taught you woulda be in island people with me marshall and lara and destra. the four of us was the only celebs in the band

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2006, 01:47:39 PM »
Who Marshall..? He is a celebrity now too?  LOL is Shal you talking about.......steups.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2006, 02:10:01 PM »
nah i didnt like mr montano myself but jah de man could perform better than any artist in the world

and i could say that cause i see almost every star perform already

puff daddy cyar mash up more that montano

give props where props is due ato

2 young 2 soca iz ah menace

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2006, 10:54:03 PM »
I know Machel since we was kicking ball at age 10.  Is Shal Marshall I was there with - with the celebrity thing...is you say MARSHALL when is MACHEL you mean.  Yes he qualifies as a celeb no doubt.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2007, 11:35:18 AM »
I just find this.

Ato Never Scared

:rotfl:

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2007, 02:13:35 PM »
I just find this.

Ato Never Scared

Ato, yuh let meh down with that one.  I know you have a video with Zizou on your site and ting but I woulda never believe you were actually a Real Madrid fan.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 02:15:36 PM by daryn »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2007, 04:39:55 PM »
I just find this.

Ato Never Scared

since it already have 50 cent,ato will be two schilling
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2007, 04:47:08 PM »
Carl Lewis was singin better in he video  ;D

but wait, now ah hear dat song look how Bone Crusher career just dead and gone jus so nah
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »
Remember this Ato....  :rotfl:

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2009, 01:53:10 PM »
LOL
BORN TO DO IT

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2009, 03:43:57 PM »

Ato, yuh let meh down with that one.  I know you have a video with Zizou on your site and ting but I woulda never believe you were actually a Real Madrid fan.

Ent! Real Madrid, dred!  :devil:

I like how yuh edit the cuss words and dem!  :beermug:

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2009, 10:59:59 PM »
At the time we would cuss freely on that show since it showed in Europe where they put anything on air but good thing since this clip made it all over the world and back - and then got on youtube!
BORN TO DO IT

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2009, 11:45:49 PM »
Ato dis is ah bit random but shed some light on the roles and expectations of a rabbit in dem long distance races fuh meh please.

All the runnners in d race does kno who is d designated rabbits or wuh???

Also what is a rabbit claim to fame...just being able to compete in the race....ah mean ah realize dey does be setting the pace of the race to suit dey fellow countrymen or d guys who should medal but ah the end of the day dem rabbit eh have no ambition to upset ppl or ??? Cuz i would expect as ah athlete if yuh start off as ah rabbit...eventually yuh should wanna move up in d ranks and become a potent challenger......or is it ah kinda caste system in long distance racing once a rabbit always ah rabbit ???
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2009, 07:54:30 AM »
I know they get paid to take the race "out" in a certain pace so that records are more likely and the good ones can get paid pretty well.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2009, 10:31:54 AM »
Darrel Brown is not over-rated he is just finding out what everyone in track knows.  Good/great junior means nothing at senior level.  Next year and 07 will tell if he is the real deal.

so is he the real deal
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2009, 10:37:55 AM »
Well certainly doesn't look so - '05 seems like a long time ago and in 4 years not even a global final yet alone a non relay medal - of any kind.

if I didn't know the family or this kid i would have written him off a long long time ago like I have, for example, Xavier Carter, but I hold out hope for one season or one glmmer of hope - perhaps this year is it.

:(
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:42:56 AM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2012, 06:14:14 AM »
Big up to Ato for paving the way for T&T runners.

THANK YOU ATO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a Ato Boldon Athletic Centre to help develop over athletes.

You need to help because them f00ckers in T&T dont care about nothing.

Help us Ato..... dont just set there on ESPN scracthing your lolo....

Our boys and girls need better training, diet and strength [mentally and physically].

1]; } ?>