April 27, 2024, 02:28:14 AM

Author Topic: Paging Ato Boldon !!!!!! aka De Golden Boldon Thread  (Read 75009 times)

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Paging Ato Boldon !!!!!!
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2012, 12:11:05 AM »
I now coming to make a statement and say how impressed I am with Ato's analysis. The man is ACCURATE. Whenever he gives a breakdown and a projection as to what to look for, he is usually on point. Excellent job man.

I was just thinking how we as humans (not only Trinis) quick to criticize and pull down. But when it is time to praise and acknowledge we get quiet. I was guilty of that.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I'd like to say I think Ato is doing a masterful job. Great stuff. :applause: :applause:

That is the main thing I would give ATO credit for and continues to impress me with the work he is doing. When everyone was saying Jeter, Jeter, I remember him saying saying at the Jamaica trials "Don't sleep on SFP since she looks really good, she seems to be doing what she needs to do and is peaking at the right time".....and the results now speak for themselves. I have even noticed Tom once or twice mention a T&T athlete here there in the race if there is an outside chance....and that never happened before.

Grenadian Cocoa pod nothetheless, and on a side note...... how the fack de 100m final could be shown at 11.15pm US time when it done run since 4.50pm  :frustrated: :bs: :bs:
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2012, 04:35:13 PM »
Thanks for the congrats/kudos. Gabby and I talk on twitter I think she is an exemplary young woman. Just watching to see now since she is the first black girl to win that all around gold medal if the rules will change for her endorsement-wise. This hair thing is ridiculous. Perhaps if she had a weave down to her backside she would be better off?  >:(
BORN TO DO IT

truetrini

« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2012, 06:03:28 PM »
She need a Jherri curl...advise she nah

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2012, 06:18:25 PM »
In the face of excellence, especially when they are already mediocre, it is natural for many to find at least one thing (no matter how mundane) to criticize. If it's not her hair, it is that she speaks about God too much or she didn't put her hand to her heart during the playing of the national anthem...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2012, 06:43:15 PM »
Ato the legend! Can we clone him?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2012, 08:06:16 PM »
Excellent job Ato. You are pretty accurate with your predictions.

As for the coverage, the American coverage will always be bias and in favor of Americans and now Jamaicans. We just need to accept that. And I honestly think that when Trinidad becomes a stronger nation in track, the coverage will not be much different.

For now I guess we can be happy with the progress over the past 10 years in T&T track.   

To put things into perspective...  In 2008 only 3 Trinis made the finals of all the events (2 the same event). This year we have had 5 finalist, all in different events. My yardie friend said she was surprised to see so much Trinis in event finals. If this continues, its just a matter of time before Trinidad officially occupies that third "dark horse" spot in track and field.

One question Ato, will there be any mention of Walcott? Probably the first Caribbean athlete to make it to an Olympic javelin finals?... (For some reason I think there is at least one Cuban who might have made it before). I think thats a big story. Hats off to Walcott. Definitely a record in Trinidad's books.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2012, 08:22:41 PM »
Great job Ato you've done us proud and continue to do us proud! Let the hates hate/ let the pressed stay pressed(LOL), you can't please everyone. Ah still vying for the training base at home- you could be like a trini franno- always at war with the powers that be yet leading athletes to success.

For real though looking at the athletes training together at the camp in Cardiff was such a site to behold it was kinda heart warming lol. Imagine that permanently and in Trinidad- I believe they can drive each other to success if that's the case. We've never had so many world class athletes at one time and that's great to see. When they retire I hope they will invest in the future trini track and field stars by becoming coaches and having clubs themselves. Hopefully whoever is halting progress will be dead and gone by then (sorry to say that). I can't stand people who halt potential for greatness because of ulterior motives.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
T&T can make 10 event finals and can come home with at least 3 Olympic medals!
« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2012, 08:29:44 PM »
@gawd on pitch

So far T&T athletes have made finals in 7 events:-

50m Men Freestyle Swimming but no medal there - Bovell;
100m Women Sprint but no medal there - KAB;
100m Men Sprint but no medal there - RT;
400m Men Hurdles but no medal there - Jehue;
400m Men and bronze medal there - Lalonde;
200m Women Sprint - Hackett but no medal;
Javelin Men - Walcott (Hopefully he can set a new PB in the final on Saturday);

Also expect us to make finals and hopefully medal in:-
Men 4x100m relay (Bronze most likely);
Women 4x100m relay (Bronze most likely);

Will be pleased to make final in Men 4x400m relay but would be surprised if we medal as one of our best 400m sprinters Quow has a hamstring injury.

So that is 10 event finals that our athletes will hopefully make and I am realistically hoping for at least 3 medals most likely all bronze if we perform to the best of our ability in each of the remaining finals we qualify for.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:39:32 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2012, 09:50:08 PM »
@gawd on pitch

So far T&T athletes have made finals in 7 events:-

50m Men Freestyle Swimming but no medal there - Bovell;
100m Women Sprint but no medal there - KAB;
100m Men Sprint but no medal there - RT;
400m Men Hurdles but no medal there - Jehue;
400m Men and bronze medal there - Lalonde;
200m Women Sprint - Hackett but no medal;
Javelin Men - Walcott (Hopefully he can set a new PB in the final on Saturday);

Also expect us to make finals and hopefully medal in:-
Men 4x100m relay (Bronze most likely);
Women 4x100m relay (Bronze most likely);

Will be pleased to make final in Men 4x400m relay but would be surprised if we medal as one of our best 400m sprinters Quow has a hamstring injury.

So that is 10 event finals that our athletes will hopefully make and I am realistically hoping for at least 3 medals most likely all bronze if we perform to the best of our ability in each of the remaining finals we qualify for.  :beermug:

Dont worry about Quow not being there. He was only a 45.5s runner this season.  Cedenio is guaranteed to run a high 45.s. With Jehue's sub 48, that should equal a 45.5s-45.8s in the 400m flat.

The main contenders in the 4x400 have kind of faded. I mean, we havent seen much of them in the semis or even finals. I think he have a good chance. Some things to think about... that should work in our favor:

- USA had no finalists in the 400m. Tells us that Lashawn Merrit is their US best.. He is not there. Plus the other fill ins (Clement, in particular) does not really look the best. In the end the US will be there, but they are not as strong as they were in the past.

- BAH Probably the most deadliest right now. But they havent really shown up lately. In the end, they will be a contender. I think if we get ahead of them we can pull it off.

- South Africa individually looks a little weak. They had no finalists in the 400m and 400mh and one semi finalist in the 400m. LJ is not the
   same as last year. No sub 45s runners. Their best is a 45.4 runner.

- RUS has two good low 45s runners. Again if we get in front of them, we can do it.

- JAM There best runner Gonzo is looking a little weak nowadays. Hyatt hasnt run sub 45 since trials. They will be ready to run regardless.

- DR Sanchez could probably run a mid 45s. We know the potential of Santos. However, their next best is a 45.7s runner. Cant see them     
   being a contender considering their lack of depth. But they have momentum with the two medals.

- POL No sub 45 runners. Their best is a mid 45 runner. Strong if they get in front of us.

- CUB has a good seasonal best. Best runner is a high 45.8 runner. Thats about it.

-UK With home advantage and a good pool of runners in the 400m and the 400mh .. They are the ones we need to be concerned about.
  They have the potential to pull off a shocker.

I think T&T has a fair chance to get a medal in the 4x400. The field is kind of even this year.

4x400 is all about speed.. And i think T&T has enough speed depth in this event to get a medal.

truetrini

« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2012, 10:10:14 PM »
So you discounting Belgium?  The Borlee brothers were both in the finals.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »
I think he forgot about Belgium so thanks for reminding him!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2012, 10:22:29 PM »
I think he forgot about Belgium so thanks for reminding him!  ;)

Yes.. I am not afraid to admit. I forgot.

BEL Their next best runners after the Borlees are a low 46 400m, and two 400mh. Both of these guys are 50s and 49s 400mh runners. Will be
      a threat depending on the order and if they can get in front of the field.

I think this 4x400 will be one of the most competitive.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:25:16 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 09, 2012, 08:27:08 AM »
With the results of todays 4x400.. Was my assessment in line Soca and Trini?

I really feel we have a good shot of securing a medal. Not saying the medal color as I am remaining optimistic.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 09, 2012, 08:59:21 AM »

I really feel we have a good shot of securing a medal. Not saying the medal color as I am remaining optimistic.
Your assessement was on point! Any better and I would give you Ato's job!  :beermug:

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 09, 2012, 09:02:38 AM »

Your assessement was on point! Any better and I would give you Ato's job!  :beermug:

Lol.. Yuh hear that Ato. I sending my resume into NBC HR department. Soca... I using you as a reference. Thanks :rotfl:

On another note... Ato, we need your evaluation and prediction. What are our chances of getting a medal in the 4x400? What does the crystal ball say?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:09:08 AM by gawd on pitch »

truetrini

« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2012, 10:44:50 AM »
For T&T to medal, we have to really shave time off that National Record.

I don't know how many more sub 45's in Lalonde's legs but boy if he does not get us out to a lead we in trouble.

Lendore has to run a better last leg also, he cannot let men blow past him...Great Britain has a better time in them.  So does Cuba.  Bahamas and the USA faster than US and barring an accident they taking the first two spots.

We have to run the race of our lives to get on the podium.  Impossible?  Nah.... Probable?   Depends on the first two legs.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 09, 2012, 10:49:44 AM »
For T&T to medal, we have to really shave time off that National Record.

I don't know how many more sub 45's in Lalonde's legs but boy if he does not get us out to a lead we in trouble.

Lendore has to run a better last leg also, he cannot let men blow past him...Great Britain has a better time in them.  So does Cuba.  Bahamas and the USA faster than US and barring an accident they taking the first two spots.

We have to run the race of our lives to get on the podium.  Impossible?  Nah.... Probable?   Depends on the first two legs.

Lendore ran a 44.49 split. I think you mean Alleyne-Forte? He ran a 46.13. Get a mid 45s runner, and we under 3:00. Cedenio is the man to do the trick.

truetrini

« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2012, 11:00:04 AM »
yeah yuh right but a man also blew past Lendore  and he had two men in front of him, that must not happen in the finals also.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2012, 12:58:43 PM »
Manteo Mitchell of the US is out, broke his fibula on the first leg but finished miraculously.

The US still has Angelo Taylor a 44.06 man who even when he is not at his best can produce a 44 low leg.

The important thing is for T&T to stay in contact within the top 3/4 teams throughout. If so, anything can play.

truetrini

« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2012, 01:02:41 PM »
USA in deep trouble now

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 09, 2012, 01:07:31 PM »
USA in deep trouble now
Manteo Mitchell of the US is out, broke his fibula on the first leg but finished miraculously.

The US still has Angelo Taylor a 44.06 man who even when he is not at his best can produce a 44 low leg.

The important thing is for T&T to stay in contact within the top 3/4 teams throughout. If so, anything can play.

Not sure how it works.. Taylor wasnt named to the relay pool. Come to think about it, neither was Jehue..

USA might have to go with their injured reserve Warriner. He is not 100%

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 09, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »
Ato skate with Ono as yet?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 09, 2012, 09:11:24 PM »
Aye serious talk, does Ato have a wax figure like the ones in England? We should have them for our local heroes. I know lara has one. Would love to see a Hasely one. Long after they gone people won't forget them.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 09, 2012, 10:06:57 PM »
Good job on the breakdown of the stride advantage Bolt have on the other runners.  I heard you mention it during the 100 m Final... but the graphic before the 200 just underscore it.  What is Tom Hammond credentials though that he's become NBC's go to man for track?  I find him to be very mediocre, although the stats lab does keep him real informed.  No hate, but they could use better.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2012, 02:40:51 PM »
BTW a few nights ago Ato mentioned that T&T has never won more than 2 Olympic medals at a games.

We did win 3 in 1964 - silver (400), bronze (200), bronze (4x400m)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2012, 02:45:37 PM »
BTW a few nights ago Ato mentioned that T&T has never won more than 2 Olympic medals at a games.

We did win 3 in 1964 - silver (400), bronze (200), bronze (4x400m)
Good on you refreshing Ato's memory. He does slip up sometimes as he wasn't born yet back in them times!  ;)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2012, 01:37:44 PM »
Ato, you are doing an excellent job...

History was made today. It was a young man by the name of Keshorn Walcott from Trinidad. This has to be one of the biggest stories of these Olympics. Please give us we time now..

Much respect

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2012, 02:31:47 PM »
ato doesnt cover field events...the most he could say is (assuming 4x100) was after javelin is that our relay team should be on a high since keshorn won gold.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »
ato doesnt cover field events...the most he could say is (assuming 4x100) was after javelin is that our relay team should be on a high since keshorn won gold.
He won gold??? Doh fack meh up

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2012, 02:38:54 PM »
He won gold??? Doh fack meh up

like u in ah different planet.... ;D walcott won gold in d javelin.

1]; } ?>