March 28, 2024, 11:22:02 AM

Author Topic: Paging Ato Boldon !!!!!! aka De Golden Boldon Thread  (Read 73991 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Paging Ato Boldon !!!!!!
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2012, 02:39:09 PM »
ato doesnt cover field events...the most he could say is (assuming 4x100) was after javelin is that our relay team should be on a high since keshorn won gold.
He won gold??? Doh fack meh up

yuh late!  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2012, 02:41:25 PM »
ato doesnt cover field events...the most he could say is (assuming 4x100) was after javelin is that our relay team should be on a high since keshorn won gold.

yuh late!  ;D
I late in trute  ;D....well yes our anthem will be played loud and clear :applause:

Online gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2012, 02:45:32 PM »

yuh late!  ;D

Regardless.. If Keshorn was American or Jamaican.. Trust meh, they mentioning it in some way.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2012, 03:55:34 PM »
On Twitter, Ato say they'll be showing de javelin and dey have footage of him singing de anthem.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2012, 04:20:48 PM »
On Twitter, Ato say they'll be showing de javelin and dey have footage of him singing de anthem.

they always show highlights of the field events,they usually show the top 3 athletes in between the track events.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2012, 09:53:27 PM »
Well this is the first time NBC did not cover an event, and it turns out to be the javelin, no coverage for Keshorn, unless I missed it.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »
They just say they will show the Finals of the Javelin on late night program
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2012, 10:38:56 PM »

Bro, any idea when?  I watchin whole evening and did not see it.

They showin javelin highlights now so hopefully not too long for the anthem.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:15:48 PM by Peong »

truetrini

« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2012, 11:21:51 PM »

Bro, any idea when?  I watchin whole evening and did not see it.

They showin javelin highlights now so hopefully not too long for the anthem.

Just showed it 1.21 am EST lol

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2012, 12:24:43 PM »
Good Job Ato. It was a pleasure watching your coverage of these London Olympics( NBC sucks though...sorry) Well Done homeboy!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2015, 09:14:44 AM »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 10, 2015, 09:30:52 AM »
I can guarantee you guys that Ato is not interested in that role.
Ato has said that he tried being a politician once in the past and soon realised it is not for him.

Ato is already making his contribution doing exactly what he is doing right now which is coaching, broadcasting and being an IAAF Ambassador.

Look out for our male and female sprinters who are going to be part of Ato's camp from October all doing big things next year and helping to put T&T on the map at the Rio 2016 Olympics.

If any of Ato's athletes end up winning a gold medal at the Olympics then Ato would have made a major contribution and should be given the Order of T&T in recognition.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 18, 2015, 09:37:58 PM »

https://instagram.com/p/7yhRZoPeo2/

T&T's four-time Olympic medallist and former World 200 metres Champion Ato Boldon visited his old Primary School Newtown Boys' in Port of Spain today. Boldon uploaded a photo of himself with some students from the school with the caption: “At my old Primary School Newtown Boys' in Port of Spain. I never miss a chance to positively influence a young life. So much fun!”

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 07, 2015, 05:43:30 PM »

BEYOND THE TRACK PART I with Ato Boldon

https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153685112077996/

In the first of our two week series in going 'Beyond the Track' with Ato Boldon, Ryan Bachoo looks back to T&T’s World Championships performances in August. We won two medals but largely faltered in the individual medleys.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 08, 2015, 12:04:55 AM »

In the first of our two week series in going 'Beyond the Track' with Ato Boldon, Ryan Bachoo looks back to T&T’s World Championships performances in August. We won two medals but largely faltered in the individual medleys.

BEYOND THE TRACK PART 2

https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153685240752996/

In this edition of 'Beyond the Track', Ryan Bachoo and Ato Boldon look back on the Olympian's career.
You'd think an Olympic silver medal would be a great accomplishment but it wasn't always met with appreciation.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 08, 2015, 07:56:50 PM »

BEYOND THE TRACK PART 2

In this edition of 'Beyond the Track', Ryan Bachoo and Ato Boldon look back on the Olympian's career.
You'd think an Olympic silver medal would be a great accomplishment but it wasn't always met with appreciation.

BEYOND THE TRACK PART 3

https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153687061432996/

In this edition of 'Beyond the Track', Ryan Bachoo talked to Ato Boldon about one of our best prospects.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 19, 2015, 09:59:18 AM »
Good news. Kelly Ann is joining Ato's camp in addition to Richard. I'm sure we will see great improvements in both of them so long as they, like Khalifa has done are able to listen and adhere to Ato's advice/guidance.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 19, 2015, 03:50:19 PM »
Sports Media - A Conversation With Ato Boldon 2015
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tD-orCDnZDU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tD-orCDnZDU</a>
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:53:19 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2015, 08:54:50 PM »

BEYOND THE TRACK PART 2

BEYOND THE TRACK PART 3

https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153687061432996/

In this edition of 'Beyond the Track', Ryan Bachoo talked to Ato Boldon about one of our best prospects.

BEYOND THE TRACK PART 4

Trinidad and Tobago has a rich history at the Olympic games. However one prize still eludes us, an olympic medal for a female.

Ryan Bachoo and Ato Boldon analyzed why we haven’t corrected this in over 50 years of competition.

Click link to view: https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153695182577996/

BEYOND THE TRACK PART 5

We’re down to the final week in our "Beyond the Track" series with Ato Boldon.

If you’ve never heard the story of Ato passing on his crown to Richard Thompson then you’re in luck. You’ll hear it from the man himself.

Click link to view: https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/vb.126206357995/10153695268862996/

BEYOND THE TRACK PART 6

In our last edition of 'Beyond the Track' series we told you the story of Ato Boldon passing on his crown to Richard Thompson.

As Boldon gears up to coach Thompson, we find out how he plans to revive Thompson’s career.

Click link to view: https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/vb.126206357995/10153699402762996/

BEYOND THE TRACK PART 7 - JAMAICA'S DOMINATION

Jamaican track athletes are as superior as they come nowadays, but why?

In this edition of 'Beyond the Track', Ryan Bachoo quizzes Ato Boldon as to why Jamaica continues to conquer the world.

Click link to view: https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/vb.126206357995/10153701328622996/

BEYOND THE TRACK PART 8

As we wind down our 'Beyond the Track' series with Ato Boldon, we merge it with our 'Rundown to Rio' series once again.

With nine months to the Olympic Games, Ryan Bachoo was eager to find out what Ato needs to fix before the start.

Click link to view: https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/vb.126206357995/10153702930837996/
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:01:08 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
More 200s for Thompson, Baptiste, says coach Ato *
« Reply #229 on: October 28, 2015, 09:55:31 PM »
More 200s for Thompson, Baptiste, says coach Ato *
By Kwame Laurence, kwame.laurence@trinidadexpress.com
Published on Oct 19, 2015, 8:08 pm AST (T&T Express)

YOUNG CHARGES: Coach Ato Boldon, right, back row, poses with his group of young athletes at Ansin Sports Complex in Miramar, Florida, USA. Standing next to Boldon is 15-year-old Gabriel Serrano. Standing in the front are 17-year-old Sarah Wollaston, left, 10-year-old Samantha Kavanagh and 17-year-old Khalifa St Fort. --Photo courtesy ATO BOLDON

The Ato Boldon training camp is located in Miramar, Florida, USA, but has a distinctly Trinidad and Tobago feel to it. Richard "Torpedo" Thompson is the national record holder in the men's 100 metres at a sizzling 9.82 seconds. Kelly-Ann Baptiste, meanwhile, is the fastest-ever T&T woman, having clocked 10.84 on two occasions.

Both Thompson and Baptiste will be coached by Boldon in the build-up to the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Another T&T athlete, 2015 IAAF World Youth Championship girls' 100m silver medallist Khalifa St Fort is part of the Boldon camp. Sarah Wollaston, who will challenge for a spot on T&T's 2016 Carifta Games team, started training with the quadruple Olympic medallist last week. And American quartermiler Natasha Hastings, who will train twice a month in Florida under Boldon's guidance, is a Trinbagonian of sorts. Her mother, Joanne Gardner-Hastings represented T&T in athletics.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Paging Ato Boldon !!!!!! aka De Golden Boldon Thread
« Reply #230 on: January 28, 2016, 11:06:22 AM »
Episode 300: Ato Boldon previews the Olympic year
Posted on January 28, 2016 by houseofrun | Leave a comment

Broadcaster and sprint coach Ato Boldon joins Jason and Kevin to discuss his growing sprint group, who the top challenger to Usain Bolt will be, Allyson Felix’s shot at 200m/400m gold, a hypothetical 300m race between Usain Bolt and Michael Johnson, the Adidas/IAAF partnership and much more!
Then, the guys discuss the Dubai Marathon results, Chris Derrick’s decision to not run the Olympic Trials marathon and compare the careers of Alan Webb, Ryan Hall and Dathan Ritzenhein.

Click to listen: http://www.houseofrun.com/episode-300-ato-boldon-previews-the-olympic-year

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 12, 2016, 09:40:16 PM »

Boldon: T&T can improve on London haul *

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160211/sports/boldon-tt-can-improve-on-london-haul

Quadruple Olympic medallist Ato Boldon says the Trinidad and Tobago track and field team is capable of hauling in even more medals at the Rio Olympics than they achieved at the London Games in 2012.

At the London Olympiad four years ago, T&T placed 47th with one gold through Keshorn Walcott's spectacular throw in the Men's Javelin and three bronze medals claimed by Lalonde Gordon in the 400 metres and the Men's 4x100 relay and Men's 4x400 relay.

Boldon, who coaches Richard Thompson, Kelly Ann Baptiste, Khalifa St Fort and is working with the Women's 4x100m relay squad, is aiming to assist T&T on making the breakthrough for Team TTO's first female Olympic medal.

He is very hopeful.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 14, 2016, 04:00:34 PM »
Monsieur Boldon just made his first mark with the Pro members of his stable. Natasha Hastings just ran a US National record over 300m. Anxiously awaiting Kelly and Richard now.

P.S. Yuh get a B+ for unbias race calling. The excitement did creep through.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 05:15:53 PM by Aviator »
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2016, 06:21:56 PM »
BATON ROUGE, USA - The High Performance Meet here on the weekend (13 Feb) has some world class sprinters.

In men 60m, Zimbabwe´s Gabriel Mvumvure clocked 6.69 to beat Olympic medalist Richard Thompson from Trinidad and Tobago 6.74.

In women's 60m, Jamaican Samantha Henry-Robinson ran 7.27secs to beat Kelly-Ann Baptiste from Trinidad and Tobago 7.35.

Another Jamaican, long jumper Damar Forbes achieved 7.81m for the top spot.

Meanwhile, in Albuquerque, long jumper Jeff Henderson won the 60m during second day of Don Kirby Elite in 6.63 ahead of Emmanuel Matadi also 6.63 and Josh DeLoach 6.67.

In the 400m, Marcus Chambers clocked the fastest time of 46.53. Sasha Wallace for first time in her career broke the 8 seconds in women hurdles with 7.96 win over LaTisha Holden-Palmer 8.14 (but 8.12 in semis).

Hannah Cunliffe won the women 60m in 7.20 PB, Daye Shon Roberson in 53.08 beat world class 400h Georganne Moline 53.12. Jill Camarena-Williams won shot 18.03 (her first indoor meet since 2012) and Oregon clocked 3:31.96 in women relay.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 11:54:38 PM by Socapro »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2016, 06:57:04 PM »
Florida pros are working their way thru indoors. They'll be ready when they need to. Natasha is already on race 5 or 6 of indoors. This was the first for KAB and Richard.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2016, 10:19:37 AM »
Florida pros are working their way thru indoors. They'll be ready when they need to. Natasha is already on race 5 or 6 of indoors. This was the first for KAB and Richard.
Would it be correct to presume, that based on the date on which they opened up and the quality of the times, that Portland isn't on the table?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:21:32 AM by Aviator »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2016, 12:06:33 AM »
Correct. Never was. This is a break-up of 15+ weeks of training hard.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2016, 09:46:36 AM »
Correct. Never was. This is a break-up of 15+ weeks of training hard.
Figured as much. Looking forward to May!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 19, 2016, 09:32:28 PM »
7.27 heat and 7.20 final for KAB this evening at LSU. I still continue to be completely uninterested in a single thing about my athlete's indoor performance (it's the equivalent of worrying about how a cake tastes after an hour when it has to bake for 5) but I'm happy for her since her PR, which dates back to her LSU days, is 7.13
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 19, 2016, 10:19:35 PM »
7.27 heat and 7.20 final for KAB this evening at LSU. I still continue to be completely uninterested in a single thing about my athlete's indoor performance (it's the equivalent of worrying about how a cake tastes after an hour when it has to bake for 5) but I'm happy for her since her PR, which dates back to her LSU days, is 7.13
:beermug:

1]; } ?>