April 18, 2024, 07:37:38 PM

Author Topic: latas aint comin again!!  (Read 3110 times)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
latas aint comin again!!
« on: April 10, 2005, 02:40:08 PM »
just read in the newsday latas want $200000, a house and a car if he is to assit in coaching the national team

the ttff cannot confirm or deny reports which is sad

he aint comin here at all is my opinion
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: latas aint comin again!!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 02:49:14 PM »
just read in the newsday latas want $200000, a house and a car if he is to assit in coaching the national team

the ttff cannot confirm or deny reports which is sad

he aint comin here at all is my opinion

yes that is true and further to that, benhakker has asked latapy to join the side as a player, something that latas has clearly stated that he does not want to do! this is getting interesting!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 02:55:08 PM »
$200,000 TT???...For how long???? First Latas said he cant commit over long term right now, his decision will be based on the results of the next 2 or 3 games.
If  is true that Leo only wants Latas as a player and not an assistant coach it will be interesting to see if Latas keep preaching about helping his country.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 03:17:59 PM »
In normal circumstances....wouldn't such terms of employment be discussed and negotiated BEFORE AN ANNOUNCEMENT STATING SOMEONE HAS BEEN APPOINTED TO A POSITION?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 03:26:34 PM »
hmmmn. dat should start up a few other players about being paid..
Thanks for nuthen newsday,...
Pay the saviour, the other saviour will demand he pound of fleash soon..an by then Stern go be feeling the lack of appreciation....
To quote the Coach (another saviour)..."Very Interesting"...

Lord let it not go down so nah
If we must lose, if only you help us try
I know we do a lot of foolish things
but it's only because we don't know better
Lord just help us not to beat ourselves
Let us lose to the other teams, not our own people
Amen

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 03:38:07 PM »
yeah,why is all this being discussed after he was announced as assistant coach??haha.
Hart for president

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 04:30:03 PM »

Latas was never coming.

I don't know why they keep making announcements they know not going to happen.
Maybe they feel is help with the negiotiations but it usually have a few sure signs of when a TTFF announcement will end up being bogus....and we all know it have real plenty of those.

I doh think Latapy seeing Piarco airport anytime soon.

Latas does not really want to have anything to do with T&T football anymore be it coaching or playing.  You know when you close a chapter on part of your life it hard to find true motivation to go back.  I get the impression from his interviews that his involvement was more out of pushing from everyone else, the fans and well Nahkid's interview made him break his silence.
And I doh have a problem with that cuz you could only bleed so much out of a man.
So if he coming back yuh better sweeten the pot where motivation ain't a problem.

Truth is the writing was on the wall and he was never really coming.  Only ting I could see changing this is if Jack try to save face...but don't think it will happen.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 04:52:01 PM »
PROBABLY THE WHOLE PLAYER/COACH PHENOMENON WAS A PLOY THINKIN THAT THE INEPT TTFF WOULDNT HAVE TOOK UP...........NOW THAT THEY HAVE THE TRUE LATAPY IS SHOWIN ITS COLOURS......

ANY 1 KNOWS HOW MUCH IS NAKID AND BENHAKKER SALARY AND HOW MUCH WAS BSC'S??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenhakker's last salary
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 07:30:19 PM »
ANY 1 KNOWS HOW MUCH IS NAKID AND BENHAKKER SALARY AND HOW MUCH WAS BSC'S??

Me eh know how much de TTFF paying Beenhakker, but when he was at Club América in Mexico in 2003, his contract was reportedly worth worth $2 million a year plus a house with helicopter transport to and from work. I eh know what currency de money was in.

In St. Clair's previous stint as coach back in 2000 he was being paid $25,000.00 TT a month.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 08:53:34 AM »
I am amazed every time we preoccupy ourselves with Russell, Nakhid and Yorke.  It seems as though we are caught in a time warp.  It is almost two decades now since these guys have given us their best and we are still struggling over whether or not they should represent us.  Collectively they are 110 years old and we are still struggling with replacing them.  In 1989 Ed Johnson (he scored against us in the WCQ against USA) was five years old, most programs have moved pass that era.  As "fans" of the game (it is in quote because I consider myself a student of the game, a fan is a unique personality) we could do more by rejecting this type of ineptness.  We have to demand more of the TTFF because at the end of the day without us there is nothing left.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 10:38:23 AM »
I want to reitterate what i've always said in the past,T&T learn from what's happened in the past and lets move on.I have had the uppertunity to Coach at national and college levels Latapy,Nakid and Shaka as youth players,and i think these guys have grown up to be fine young men,what ever decisions they have made in their life is fine,what we have to look at here is what's in the best interest of T&T football and it seems like we are guessing.     

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2005, 05:33:35 PM »
Leo only wants Latas as a player and not an assistant coach it will be interesting to see if Latas keep preaching about helping his country.

Latas is meh boy but that statement about wanting $200,000.00 and a house and a car, if it is true and from all reports it seems highly likely that it is, made me real sad. But then again this is the same person that left the team high and dry in the last world cup campaign.  ??? wait nah I think I need to rethink the latas is meh boy statement.

let me get to the point. The $200,000.00 point. If latapy wants all these incentives then he is really not interested in helping his country. We need positive men who are really interested in making a difference no matter what.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 05:40:42 PM »
so wait!...Latas must giveup what he have in Scotland....go back tuh Trini....and wuk for free...or as a longtime baller say, "wuk for chicken and chips".....wonder how many dat complaining bout wha he askin for would gladly ....packup dey georgie bundle move back tuh Trini and wuk fuh nex' tuh nutten....matter of fact wuk for free for de good of the country.EH!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2005, 06:02:31 PM »
my 200k cents. He right to ask for it. Doh mean it right to give him, especially if yuh cyar afford it. Nakhid don't deserve any less, plus yuh have to pay bigtime coach. and yuh still have a program of games( travel, player wages etc) to run. If yuh could afford it,and yuh think he could help, give him, if not don't. (Doh ah didn't see him help Rahim...buh maybe Rahim misbehave and wasn't a true falkirk man)
Just don't tell him no and give it to one of "Been' boys.
As a matter of fact, long as we giving way money to people who wukkin hard, like we should give Yorke and Angus a lil asst. something too. Cause they teaching the youths, plus doing it on the field too. While yuh at it wha bout Shaka as Goalie coach.

Listen Latapy has not, and most likely will not give up the Falkirk asst. post, for no 3-5 month run. It sound like he like pressure or what?

I don't expect him to work for free, but is not like he spear-heading the National program until 2010. If we must negotiate in the papers, then that is what we have to do., but because he ask for that, doesn't mean we must say no and blank him. How about a counter offer ?
Like, whatever Nakhid was getting, plus if we get through the qualifying, we would relook at the request, if he stays.

As Coops said, in the final analysis, is T&T game supporters who would have to pay.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2005, 08:52:34 PM »
I agree Latas should ask for 200k....even if he not worth that as a coach.  Because that is how much he would get as a player and he is being asked to give that uP.  It wouldn't make sense to move to a lower paying job.

I say they increase the ticket prices to $500 cuz with Latas on board that is a sure bet that we team will play better.

After all, Beenhaker's assistants are probably less qualified than Latas and having all the experience of working with him is way overated.

STEUPSE

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 11:53:47 PM »
Well well!!!!! Is this not  the same record playing over again? Was there not upheval the last time BSC  was fired? Did the players not have some kind of revolt?

Did the U.S. players not have some controversy prior to thier game in TNT over money?

If Latas is coming as a player, then I imagine that there is some standard  player argreement involving monetray compensation; now if he is coming as  a coach, them I would think that he ought to be paid a negoitaed wage  as per coaching duites.

What is all this nonsense? If an individual is  more concern at this time with the monetry rewards, then I say, let;s start afresh , toss in players who are hungy, committed and  have aburing desire to represent TNT. I rather see us play and be competitive with less talented players than struggle with these 'star boys' and still fail to qualify.

A team is the sum total of all its parts. Players in a system which utilizes their individual strengths and maximizes their abilities will defeat a collection of individuals.

Simple question to tall dem STAR BOYS: " how important is it for you to play  in these WQC?"

"Who are you really doing it for?"  "would you rather be enjoying the pro life in  the U.K than sweating it out in TNT?"

We need to find those who are committed, talented, and  have that burning desire to go to the ultimate for TNT.

Dial up Winnipeg Fury, dat man have a trini coach in Manitoba and a collection of  folks who figure they are unbeatable.

TrinInfinite

I agree wit Alberta Trini, dat is my line of thinkin
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 09:02:35 AM »
hungry players who want tuh play, who running and tackling, not fellas who concern tuh get injured and fraid tuh give their body for their country, my question has yet 2 b answered, are de locals gettin a house, car and dat money? if dey not, latapy shouldn't, allyuh 4get latapy and yorkie boy was stayin in a diff hotel dan de team in costa rica, wat de hell was dat, now u guys support unequal treatment of locals, if u were a local and on de team killing urself for de country, would u b vex about dis? hell yes, if u guys say no, ur foolin urself.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 09:04:34 AM by TrinInfinite »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2005, 09:45:27 AM »

Latas is asking for the money as a Coach and not as a player.
If somehow he ended up just being a player he would not be eligible for the salary so doh bother to ask if the other players getting all that....only Nahkid in his same kinda situation so u cud possibly compare to him alone.

And NO WAY to reverting to the old system of unequal treatment....Bertille didn't have that going on so I would say there is no reason to start it back.  Every man jack was flying first class so there yuh go on that.  I don't think many people have a clue what Beenhaker going to do when it comes to player selection....that might include Leo himself.

I don't know if this whole Latapy thing is just for publicity or based on what's good for the team.  Maybe just to satisfy some fans and bring some hype but if it was a purely football decision I don't think he will be back as a coach(Leo's choice) and as for being a player I think that was conditional on him getting paid as an Assistant.  He might have said he would be available to play but if he is not getting $$ my guess is he won't be very available.  He not very available even if he was getting $$

Have to give Yorke props...he fall into the team and behaving like a role model and team player so far.  No baccanal and in retrospect dat car incident cud slide as very small bad judgement, plenty bad luck and too much attention.  Hope he keep it up so he could finish with T&T on a positive note.

1]; } ?>