June 16, 2024, 11:48:22 PM

Author Topic: Densill Theobald Thread  (Read 119602 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Densil Theobald Picks (Conspiracy or Piracy Theory)
« Reply #270 on: September 30, 2009, 04:38:07 PM »
ent Don Leo play him 3 times in the WC 06... before his so called friend ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 30, 2009, 05:14:20 PM »
He is not the most technically sound player. But good post regardless. Theobal does cause me great pain to watch.  He and Clyde Leon together does gimme a sensation like having vomiting and diarrhea at the same time. Theo does rarely pull stones or mistrap, he follows the flow of the game, he basically does nothing wrong. But when you see a player with that technical ability and discipline to follow the coach instructions and yet cyah use them skills to IMPACT the game, that does kill.

Theobald is capable of defence splitting passes, he has the vision to and skill to do so. But he never deviates from his short pass game or run with the ball or alone into space outside his comfort zone into an area where he could create real trouble. That is the difference between a Whitley/Noel and a Theobald. Whitley is not that much more technically sound than Theo, but he was fearless. Trent is the same, to a lesser extent.

Leon is a next one who could impact a game. He well capable, as when he scored that scorcher for Connection against a CCL side. But he and Theo afraid to take risks. They should, they have enough skill to stamp authority on a game.

Is not that he does the little things well or follows the flow of the game or anything like that.

And yes....he absolutely does pull stones.

IMO Theobald is the kind of player who needs to be the focus of the midfield where everything goes through him.  The problem is, he is not a capable enough player for that to happen effectively at the international level in a Hex competition.  Any other position and he is a non entity.

Look at his performances when he was T&T captain in the Gold Cup prior to this one.  Everything ran through him and he was much more involved in the game.  He was spreading the ball around etc...but most of his passes, while admittedly accurate, were safe passes.  In other words, he really did not cause any damage to the opposition (which is a point Zandolie made) and he also does not help organize the shape of the team either.  He either passes square or backwards.

A player in a similar mould was David Nakhid.  He was a midfield organizer.  He too also made the simple play but his passes and positional play had purpose and helped to maintain the shape of the team.  Everything also went through him as well but because he was a vastly superior player, he was able to pull off that role much more effectively.

When you watch Theobald on the national team under Pacho and now under Latas, he leaves one wondering...."theobald on de field?"  That's exactly what happened in the 2 games against the USA in the USA.  He simply disappears, contributes NOTHING, and has to be substituted.  If dat eh pull stones, what is?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2009, 05:27:25 PM »
The fact that he has been consitently picked by ALL of our coaches over the last 5 years says something.

I actually like his game

He is probably the most technically sound player in the country. (Active of course)

I think the masses doh like him because the things that he does well is not something heralded in our football psyche

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ...maybe the masses doh like him cause they can recognize ah "shit hound" when they see one !!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
G ah didn't realise yuh wanted mih to dead with laugh at yuh post.
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2009, 09:52:12 PM »
3 - Almost every coach have dey pet.  Derek King was Bertille own.  Dwarika was Simoes own.  Stern was Beenie own.  Akile Edwards was Pacho own.  Bleeder is Latas own. 
Except Bleeder on Latas team. He was on Pacho team. He was on Wim team. He was on Beenie team. He dat friendly?

Or maybe, just maybe...

Just Maybe  ;)

just maybe he have nude pics of jack warner.. steups

I could go fuh dat

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2009, 11:18:50 PM »
It must be his charming smile..... ::) ::)

:rotfl:

Yuh mean we couldn't get Maturana to work on dem teeth before he was sent packing.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 01, 2009, 02:08:54 AM »
3 - Almost every coach have dey pet.  Derek King was Bertille own.  Dwarika was Simoes own.  Stern was Beenie own.  Akile Edwards was Pacho own.  Bleeder is Latas own. 
Except Bleeder on Latas team. He was on Pacho team. He was on Wim team. He was on Beenie team. He dat friendly?

Or maybe, just maybe...

Just Maybe  ;)

just maybe he have nude pics of jack warner.. steups

Cah be, Jackula and dem doh have reflections so dey doh come out in pictures/mirrors/video......no evidence of dem teffin or anything
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #276 on: October 01, 2009, 08:24:32 AM »
Plain and simple

Doh pick him. Latas DR way better.

Patterson would be a better pick too. Gees come on

Densil eh no pull stones

He pulling rocks and boulders
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 08:26:57 AM by Themanfriday »
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 01, 2009, 09:29:27 AM »
just checking...has bleeder played for tnt under latas ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 01, 2009, 09:35:02 AM »
Yes, once. 76 minutes in de 4-1 loss to Honduras in San Pedro Sula.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #279 on: October 01, 2009, 10:13:44 AM »
Yes, once. 76 minutes in de 4-1 loss to Honduras in San Pedro Sula.

He skillfulness could not help us there???
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 01, 2009, 10:41:02 AM »
You know ,there is another way to look at this ,eh . Bleeder have talent am sure we all agree . Well now he is working with Latapy ,maybe latas could finally harvest his huge potential !

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2009, 10:50:17 AM »
You know ,there is another way to look at this ,eh . Bleeder have talent am sure we all agree . Well now he is working with Latapy ,maybe latas could finally harvest his huge potential !

Huge potential?

Example of potential:

A kid asks his father for help on a writing assignment. "Dad, can you tell me the difference between potential and reality?"

His father looks up thoughtfully and says, "I'll demonstrate. Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars. Then go ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Come back and tell me what you've learned."

The kid is puzzled, but asks his mother. "Mom, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Robert Redford?"

"Don't tell your father, but, yes, I would."

He then goes to his sister's room. "Sis, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Brad Pitt?"

She replies, "Omigod! Definitely!"

The kid goes back to his father. "Dad, I think I've figured it out. Potentially, we are sitting on $2 million bucks, but in reality, we're living with two ho's."

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 01, 2009, 10:57:16 AM »
 :rotfl:  :rotfl: ok ah give .ah give.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 01, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »

Huge potential?

Example of potential:

A kid asks his father for help on a writing assignment. "Dad, can you tell me the difference between potential and reality?"

His father looks up thoughtfully and says, "I'll demonstrate. Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars. Then go ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Come back and tell me what you've learned."

The kid is puzzled, but asks his mother. "Mom, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Robert Redford?"

He then goes to his sister's room. "Sis, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Brad Pitt?"

The kid goes back to his father. "Dad, I think I've figured it out. Potentially, we are sitting on $2 million bucks, but in reality, we're living with two ho's."

Theobald was a boss in that Digicel cup, he and hardest. They were the Yorke and Latapy of that squad.

IMO he is not creative and thrives only when his role is pinpoint clear and set in stone.  In the Digicel cup his role was to breakup plays and advance the ball to Jemmot. And he executed that with robot-like precision.

I still feel that team of PFL misfits and miscreants coulda give the current squad a good run oui.  Men like Gary Glasgow, Hardest Theo, Seon Power, Makan was running amok.  And a young Tinto taking man virginity on the wing!  Wim deserve a medal for puling dah one off!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 01, 2009, 09:54:58 PM »

Huge potential?

Example of potential:

Theobald was a boss in that Digicel cup, he and hardest. They were the Yorke and Latapy of that squad.

IMO he is not creative and thrives only when his role is pinpoint clear and set in stone.  In the Digicel cup his role was to breakup plays and advance the ball to Jemmot. And he executed that with robot-like precision.

I still feel that team of PFL misfits and miscreants coulda give the current squad a good run oui.  Men like Gary Glasgow, Hardest Theo, Seon Power, Makan was running amok.  And a young Tinto taking man virginity on the wing!  Wim deserve a medal for puling dah one off!

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 01, 2009, 11:00:08 PM »
and wat hutting me more is dat man does be calling for Hyland infront ah Theobald....big steuppes....Ah want to know who watch Hyland today against de little chirren in de under 20... ah real big steupes....allyuh wicked and bad oui... total fight dong against bleedah....but if I take all yuh on, I goh send up my pressure, and it done high aready

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 01, 2009, 11:13:07 PM »
and wat hutting me more is dat man does be calling for Hyland infront ah Theobald....big steuppes....Ah want to know who watch Hyland today against de little chirren in de under 20... ah real big steupes....allyuh wicked and bad oui... total fight dong against bleedah....but if I take all yuh on, I goh send up my pressure, and it done high aready

Hyland is AT LEAST twice de footballer dat Bleedah is.

Hope yuh have yuh beta blockers handy.  8)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 01, 2009, 11:26:22 PM »
fact...bleeder payled more minutes and matches the Russell Latapy in WC 06

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 02, 2009, 03:42:11 AM »

Speaking about pressure...how married life treating yuh  ;D
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 02, 2009, 04:08:03 AM »
He is valuable in the dressing room, plus helps the younger fellas on the team to adapt. ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 02, 2009, 05:29:00 AM »
He is valuable in the dressing room, plus helps the younger fellas on the team to adapt. ;D

The quetion is,adapt to what? ;D

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #291 on: October 02, 2009, 05:53:01 AM »

I don't know where Kiffy be coming with dis setta nonsense.  Hyland is in the same age group as thoses he played against. Hello U-20

Pray tell

De man is ah Football Zombie (stop and think about it before you comment)
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 02, 2009, 06:09:28 AM »

I don't know where Kiffy be coming with dis setta nonsense.  Hyland is in the same age group as thoses he played against. Hello U-20

That comment was made in sarcasm dred, hence de smiley! ;)

Pray tell

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 02, 2009, 06:09:43 AM »
fact...bleeder payled more minutes and matches the Russell Latapy in WC 06

........aaaaannnnndddd therefore??.... ??? :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 02, 2009, 11:56:59 AM »
Zando! everyting nice thanks!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 02, 2009, 11:59:47 AM »

You sayin he primary role in de side is de team mascot?  ;D

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #296 on: October 02, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »

Pray tell

That comment was made in sarcasm dred, hence de smiley! ;)

I know boss, I just wanted you to expound ;D
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline jumbonut$

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 02, 2009, 10:27:27 PM »

Hyland is diffinitely not better technically than Bleeder. The difference is confidence. Where Hyland seems to thrive on his confidence, Bleeder seems to go in a shell (opting for short safe passes). I think that this is Theo's main problem.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 04, 2009, 08:47:55 AM »
I thought he would have been another Nakid.....but he just do not have the poise that Nakid had.. :devil:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 06, 2009, 06:49:47 PM »
Densil dose carry the water cooler for the team. check the youtube videos.  You think ah man like Stern John or Jason Scotland go carry water cooler for the team? :devil:

1]; } ?>