April 28, 2024, 05:10:10 PM

Author Topic: Densill Theobald Thread  (Read 115424 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Axe Theobald from the NT
« Reply #480 on: July 13, 2013, 11:42:58 AM »
Coache get yuh facts right please.  Haiti only has 3 players on their roster that play at home. And they are pros. Also their coach in Cuban. So i guess we all like foreign

leave him let him bray nah man....

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #481 on: July 13, 2013, 12:02:35 PM »
LOOK DE BOSS --- DIS WHAT WE LOOKING FOR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmw4gxMzisQ
NEXT MIDFIELDER
Homeboy over at Weylan Baptist University reminds me so much of Latas. So did Judah Hernandez and Isaiah Mejias. I wonder if Hart will ever find out about this player. Hmmmmmm..... :thinking:
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #482 on: July 13, 2013, 12:28:09 PM »
Oh so Theobald is a problem too..de keeper eh good ..Theobald eh good ..who eh good again..me an allyuh...
so wha happen to de English who lickin dem big cross field ball off de field?  allyuh eh easy nah..allyuh rel like foreign ..dats why I like Haiti..is a local amateur side and de coachman lookin like he local too.
Watch out fuh Panama..dey have a local brand too..

Tell me two good plays you see Theobald make for the whole night.
The Haitian Coach is not local, he's Cuban.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 13, 2013, 12:48:28 PM »
Hear if a coachman come from Cuba, Haiti, Panama, Dominican Republic, Guyana, Jamaica...de man is a local..
I never said the players were amateurs one a allyuh say so ..read de thread and dem..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 13, 2013, 01:36:34 PM »
Hear if a coachman come from Cuba, Haiti, Panama, Dominican Republic, Guyana, Jamaica...de man is a local..
I never said the players were amateurs one a allyuh say so ..read de thread and dem..
MODS ALLYUH BAN THIS TROLL NAH MAN, LIKE ALLYUH EH SEE HE JUST MAKING MISCHIEF ON THE SITE AND GETTIN KIKS OFF AH WE.

HIM AND HORNER FACKIN UP THE BOARD FROM THE DAY THEY REACH AND NEED TO GO.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 01:40:16 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 13, 2013, 01:42:06 PM »
Axe yuhself..

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 13, 2013, 09:30:18 PM »
Check his pass completion percentage and compare it to all d odder players and den check meh back wit dis bullshit talk all yuh talking.. Yes I admit he made 3 bad passes last game, one of which led to d second goal.. But I would not use that pass as a scapegoat.. I cannot agree that a bad pass in the offensive side of d field could be the reason at dis level.. Where are we positioned defensively at dis level???  Do we say 'oh, poor defense, look what Densil cause..' Or do we examine our real floors and strengthen our defense to defend soundly and cover correctly to avoid soft goals..  Nobody talk about how invisible Hyland was last game, but dey was quick to praise him against El Salvador.. I am all about people having there opinion, but it is obvious that the per-conceived opinions gravely affect all yuh outlook on his performance even before he take d field, hence you never watching d positives that each coach constantly see and will always continue to use him until better comes.. At the moment, I believe his ability is essential... I prefer to have him go and demand d ball from our inexperienced and incompetent defenders and then play the simple juk ball to either his offensive midfielder, or winger to build the play.. He does also make occasional through passes to the strikers contrary to popular belief... But his role is to take d ball from d defense and build d play.. Odder wise is boom kick dong d road to hope Kenwyn or whoever else striking get ah touch on it... Dyes my two cents, who do like it haul all yuh so and so

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #488 on: July 13, 2013, 09:47:16 PM »
pass completion rate my @$$

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 13, 2013, 09:55:01 PM »
A man tell me get meh facts straight..I doh look nowhere fuh no facts..all de facts I get is from allyuh..so if the facts wrong ..
A man say Haiti is a amateur side at best..then I tort it was a amateur side that just run we over..all yuh feed meh de right facts so I could say de appropriate ting..
If de mafia get involved and want Honduras to throw de game we might go thru..who knows Jack muh be still in charge behind de scenes..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 14, 2013, 01:24:13 AM »
A man tell me get meh facts straight..I doh look nowhere fuh no facts..all de facts I get is from allyuh..so if the facts wrong ..
A man say Haiti is a amateur side at best..then I tort it was a amateur side that just run we over..all yuh feed meh de right facts so I could say de appropriate ting..
If de mafia get involved and want Honduras to throw de game we might go thru..who knows Jack muh be still in charge behind de scenes..
Breds why even bother?? seriously why? yuh don't like the team , yuh don't like the coach and yuh don't like the players, so why not leave us naive fans be and stop wasting yuh time with delusional ppl.

is it bc yuh have no life, and this is the only way yuh know how to entertain yuhself by trolling the board?

forinstance i don't like US soccer, and i don't go on big soccer unless i'm trying to access some info, other than that i never ever go on that site bc i hateeeeee US football!

i also don't care for jamaican football either and i rarely go on their site, so if you hate us sooo much why bother come here?? i believe you come to fack wid ppl, and ah hope the mods ban yuh sc**t very soon. enjoy it while it last arsehole, yuh luck soon run out!    :flamethrower:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:25:44 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 14, 2013, 02:36:31 AM »
:whistling:  :-X

Kiffy, how yuh going?  Long time no see..... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 14, 2013, 08:59:21 AM »
I hate de players and I hate de team..then plenty a allyuh feel de same way because is allyuh who talkin dis player bad and dat player bad and want to axe dis one and want to axe de next one...
Gentlemen this is a tournament that the national team is engaged in.. allyuh should be in full support ..when de tournament over then yuh could bad talk de players..
I not bad talkin non ah de players because dey have football to play..I don't like Beenhaaker and Hart hands tied so I not seeing a positive outlook..from what I saw in the second game I see plenty licks to come in de third game unless the right adjustments are not made..I am sure the players feel the same way too..
The players doing their best to carry out the confusing and conflicting instructions given by the coaching staff..
De man say he pick a balanced team but it look real unbalanced to me..so  now .. I not messin wid de fellas mental because they would only play worse but challenge the staff to do better..

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #493 on: July 14, 2013, 09:05:33 AM »
i dont know how ppl think haiti jokey, allyuh didnt watch dem play spain?

allyuh think we could play spain and collect less than 5?

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 14, 2013, 11:41:51 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me if Bleeder have some kinda' J. Edgar Hoover type of FBI/NSA files on everyone in the TTFF.  He'll probably be on that team until he's 90.  ;D   
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 14, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »
Check his pass completion percentage and compare it to all d odder players and den check meh back wit dis bullshit talk all yuh talking..

Pass completion rate? this isn't american football

Densil Theobald doesn't know how to play that #6 or holding mid position...... Let's take the passes he completed..how many of them did he make going forward? They were always negative or square passes. Look at his body position when he receives the from the center backs he is always facing his goal and never in a position to open his body up to the whole field. Now when the center backs play the ball wide he never moves into a supporting position

Defensively let's look at the Haiti game. The first goal came from his bad pass ..he was attempting to play a square ball to Roberts but played it directly to the feet of haiti's #15  that led to Haiti having possession in our defensive third. When the ball was played across the middle look how slow he was to react. Edwards was forced to pressure and most important is that he Theobald was in poor defensive coverage and that allowed the Haiti to take the shot. I also think that Williams should have been more mobile and the defender touch tight but the initial mistake started with Theobald.

Second goal he was square with the number 11 and too far from him to even put in a shoulder again bad positioning on his part because he is not adjusting himself in transition. Look at him play when the other game has the ball and you will see he is lost.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:32:01 PM by MEP »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 14, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »
Check his pass completion percentage and compare it to all d odder players and den check meh back wit dis bullshit talk all yuh talking..

Pass completion rate? this isn't american football

That talk kinda revealing yuh ignorance dey... pass completion rate is a common stat used in Europe to measure the effectiveness of players, particularly midfielders.  In Theobald case it does him no favors.  I'm sure he has a high completion percentage, but anybody could do that only passing balls square and backwards five yards at a time.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 14, 2013, 02:52:54 PM »
That actually was a bad joke on my part  dey breds...but there is a tendency to rely on stats which do not and sometimes cannot convey how well a player has done in a game.
For example let's say a holding mid breaks up 8 plays in a game but fails to convert any of those into quality passes but then he receives 8 passes from his defense which he is able to play to other players. Is he having a good game or a bad game?
Stats can say he completed 50% of his passes.... So it doesn't really measure the effectivenss of a player.

From a team perspective it is a useful tool for when you measure the amount of  passes you look at forward passes completed...where the ball was lost ..what created that loss in possession? is it technical or tactical...what was my team doing when we lost the ball,,,how did we transition....
Anyway I get what yuh sayin but
remember stats is like ah ole ting once yuh get she dong she will say anything....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 14, 2013, 03:07:38 PM »
That actually was a bad joke on my part  dey breds...but there is a tendency to rely on stats which do not and sometimes cannot convey how well a player has done in a game.
For example let's say a holding mid breaks up 8 plays in a game but fails to convert any of those into quality passes but then he receives 8 passes from his defense which he is able to play to other players. Is he having a good game or a bad game?
Stats can say he completed 50% of his passes.... So it doesn't really measure the effectivenss of a player.

From a team perspective it is a useful tool for when you measure the amount of  passes you look at forward passes completed...where the ball was lost ..what created that loss in possession? is it technical or tactical...what was my team doing when we lost the ball,,,how did we transition....
Anyway I get what yuh sayin but
remember stats is like ah ole ting once yuh get she dong she will say anything....

You don't have to convince me how misleading stats can be.  Stats only paint part of the picture, which is why I actually agree with you on Theobald  :beermug:

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 14, 2013, 04:33:51 PM »
Listen, yuh point taken.. but open yuh eyes and try and understand what I saying...  Fitball is about movement and support.. look at Barcelona and yuh will understand d dynamics more.  Look at Busquets for example.  I not saying yuh could compare d two, but if you were to zoom in on his game, you would realize that he is maybe one of the best one and two touch players in the game, adding to which, his passes are hardly ever majorly penetrative...  However, he is certain to take the ball from the defense and serve it to his wingers, Iniesta or sometimes right back to Pique.... We always in desperate situations, so we always looking for our midfielder (regardless of if he defensive or not) and expect him to find d strikers all d time.  We so hellbent on d issue dat Bleeder don't go forward, dat when he actually do, we dont even see it... mainly because we counting his lateral passes or back passes..  I done argue with all yuh, because at d end of d day, if all ah we was to try out for ah team now, nobody eh starting in front ah me in d midfield, and I not boasting or bragging, I just confident of this based on all yuh constant ignorance

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 14, 2013, 05:13:04 PM »
Steups busquets does also make tackles
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 14, 2013, 05:32:38 PM »
Listen, yuh point taken.. but open yuh eyes and try and understand what I saying...  Fitball is about movement and support.. look at Barcelona and yuh will understand d dynamics more.  Look at Busquets for example.  I not saying yuh could compare d two, but if you were to zoom in on his game, you would realize that he is maybe one of the best one and two touch players in the game, adding to which, his passes are hardly ever majorly penetrative...  However, he is certain to take the ball from the defense and serve it to his wingers, Iniesta or sometimes right back to Pique.... We always in desperate situations, so we always looking for our midfielder (regardless of if he defensive or not) and expect him to find d strikers all d time.  We so hellbent on d issue dat Bleeder don't go forward, dat when he actually do, we dont even see it... mainly because we counting his lateral passes or back passes..  I done argue with all yuh, because at d end of d day, if all ah we was to try out for ah team now, nobody eh starting in front ah me in d midfield, and I not boasting or bragging, I just confident of this based on all yuh constant ignorance
kiffy the man need ah rest now, lets try someone else nah, give boucard ah try now.

denzil maintains possession most of the times but he offers very little in the attacking third and quite often slows down the play on counter attacks when we supposed to be going forward and forcing errors.

let bleeder ride some pine in the next encounter. lets allow hyland to work with ah different midfielder, and allow bleeder to come off the bench and close out games when we need a player to maintain possession, instead of being a staple on the team.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:18:59 PM by just cool »

Nashy

« Reply #502 on: July 14, 2013, 05:38:43 PM »
Leave my skipper alone please!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 14, 2013, 05:54:12 PM »

I suggest you go back and look at both games where he is neither helping the defense nor the attack. As I've said continuously he has no..zero nada zilch positional awareness.

By the way me eh trying out for no team now I old. However I will go on to say that I have coached and continue to coach players with attitude like yours and they usually don't get too far or last too long.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 14, 2013, 06:33:20 PM »
Kiffy comparing Bleeder to Busquets -- smh, beyond laughable.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 14, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
Leave my skipper alone please!

Share with us... if you will, what Theobald adds to the team.  No sarcasm here, honest talk... tangibles and intangibles.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 14, 2013, 10:30:14 PM »
If its one thing kiffysmooth has right it is about Bleeder's role in the team. I would never criticise him for not playing incisive killer passes, throwing crunching tackles or taking shots from distance.

If I had to compare Theobald with another player in world football, it would be someone like Joe Allen or Leon Britton.

These are players who perform a role that is a difficult one to quantify. They are midfielders who are not great tacklers, who are not creative forces and who rarely do anything out of the ordinary. They have two primary roles, 1. to maintain possession of the ball and 2. to maintain the team's shape and defensive posture. The role calls for a high level of positional awareness and also and ability to keep the ball moving to where it needs to go. This is usually a simple lateral or backward pass, but it ensures that the team keeps the ball. These players follow coaches' instructions to the letter.

The problem with Theobald is that he is doing none of these things well right now. Playing that role, it is absolutely criminal to be coughing up possession as much as he is doing, especially considering that most of his passes are low risk passes. When the ball is played to him, he is taking too long to release it, often taking 4 and 5 touches when a 1 or 2 touch would suffice. When the ball is played to him and he is under pressure, he is not handling that well and if you look good, you can see that the knock on effect is that the other players are not confident in giving him the ball unless he is wide open.

Defensively, his positioning is way off as well. I would not have noticed this if i did not see it live, but off the ball he is straying from his zone as the midfielder alongside Hyland. A big part of the horrors Joevin Jones was seeing vs. El Salvador was because Carlos was playing high and Theobald was not sliding across to help out or reaching too late. Other times, he was playing way too far from Hyland leaving gaps in the middle.

My opinion is that successive coaches have always selected a younger, fitter Theobald as a disciplined player that trains well and follows instructions despite his obvious deficiencies. I think that now with his age having lost a bit of a step, his deficiencies are being laid bare.

The coaches need to take some blame too because there is no way they can't be seeing what is so blatantly obvious and not make some changes... Captain or not, bigger players have had to face the consequences (see Rai).

Time to give someone else a chance.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:32:05 PM by dinho »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 15, 2013, 07:41:54 AM »
If its one thing kiffysmooth has right it is about Bleeder's role in the team. I would never criticise him for not playing incisive killer passes, throwing crunching tackles or taking shots from distance.

Time to give someone else a chance.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
thank you, at some point personal favor must give way to what is best for the team...theobald is one man...there is little to no value added having him there......this is crunch time, he needs to take a seat and give someone more adventurous a shot............reminds a bit of when we kept tryin to "jump start" Stern in 2009 bad idea IMO but stern had a relatively glowing portfolio to justify that....theobald on the otherhand ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???................
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:05:42 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Lifeisgood

• Jr. Warrior
  • Lively Up Yourself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 15, 2013, 08:20:12 AM »
It is impossible that Hart, Beenie and even Theobald -- don't see that he is pulling stones in the midfield. I believe that they do not have the Hart to bench the team captain.

I have said before, that IF he NEEDS to be on the field ...put him out wide .. in a  4 2 3 1 system - he is not a traditional winger, so you "tuck him" in and let the outside back (eg. Hoyte) provide the width and get down the wing.  This would allow Theobald to play in more space AND help facilitate possession, rather him lose the ball from a wider position, than in the middle of the park. 

We cannot afford to have LABORERS on the field, especially "down the spine" of the system. 

We would in effect be "hiding" him out wide, while honoring the armband.  Win-win ... IF he NEEDS to be on the field.
Never be afraid ....
To turn over your uncertain Future
..to our certain God.

Love one another.  Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #509 on: July 15, 2013, 08:42:46 AM »
if theobald = busquets  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: then darren ganga = ?

1]; } ?>