April 27, 2024, 03:25:14 PM

Author Topic: Densill Theobald Thread  (Read 115361 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "Densill Theobald is Premiership Material"
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2007, 10:53:34 AM »
I'm not sure how many of you saw the T&T vs. Martinique Digicel Caribbean Cup game last night, but one player definitely stood out from the rest - Densill Theobald.  His passing, defensive tactics, technique, control and confidence expressed a level of superiority that is not yet possessed by any of the other players on the team.  Quite frankly Densill Theobald is Premiership Material.  Just a few out of order words cost him that in Scotland - it clearly had nothing to do with professional skill.  There is no question that he should be this team's captain, and  that he should continue to be featured in the senior team.

So many conflicting reports. I did hear that going forward he was very good last night, but how did he look when he was off the ball? How was his work rate and positioning. I understand that defensively he was poor, easily being beaten and lacking any physical presence. Can you confirm whether he really was easily bounced off the ball, and beaten continually in the midfield. Sounds like half of his game is strong, but the other half needs a lot of work....He does not sound like a very complete footballer and not ready for the highest level of football. No dis on Denzil..I want him to succeed..But are you looking at him the way a coach would or are you only concerened with what he did once on the ball? Respect  :beermug:

The World Cup is the highest level of football, and Theobald played well in all three games.  On defense, his attempts were more effective than the other defenders.  At times he would not perform the tackles, but would block a pass by occupying the space betwen the Martinique players - just as we did against England and Sweden - particularly England.  This is not a skill that is understood by other players on the field - and this was evidenced by the amount of unnecessary crowding in the defense last night.  You only need to cut off the passing space in some cases to force an error/alternate weaker play in the opposition's attack - Theobald understands and executed this well.

Remember that Russell Latapy saw Theobald and arranged a deal at Falkirk for him.  Falkirk plays at the Premiership level in Scotland, and we all know that it was only Theobald's careless remarks about Falkirk being a small team that caused a bench warming situation for him.

As far as speed goes, if Theobald could play in the Sweden game for any amount of time, he could play anywhere.

I'm not sure what everyone is saying but theobald did'nt do badly in all three world cup games,needs more work,now is it that the EPL is a higher level than world cup football which is it.

Share it with me nah guys,I really want to know what you guys are basing this on and leh meh remind you guys I ent no theobald fan...... 

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2007, 11:21:46 AM »
yeah Trinidad primier league. yuh crazy? mad? head nuh good? man he cannot even get on the falkirk first team he go make higher league...please.....
All American

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2007, 11:27:06 AM »
yeah Trinidad primier league. yuh crazy? mad? head nuh good? man he cannot even get on the falkirk first team he go make higher league...please.....

not so blunt  garcia
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2007, 11:54:28 AM »
what premiership 1989 talking about?

clearly not the scottish premier league.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2007, 12:31:22 PM »
I'm not sure how many of you saw the T&T vs. Martinique Digicel Caribbean Cup game last night, but one player definitely stood out from the rest - Densill Theobald.  His passing, defensive tactics, technique, control and confidence expressed a level of superiority that is not yet possessed by any of the other players on the team.  Quite frankly Densill Theobald is Premiership Material.  Just a few out of order words cost him that in Scotland - it clearly had nothing to do with professional skill.  There is no question that he should be this team's captain, and  that he should continue to be featured in the senior team.

So many conflicting reports. I did hear that going forward he was very good last night, but how did he look when he was off the ball? How was his work rate and positioning. I understand that defensively he was poor, easily being beaten and lacking any physical presence. Can you confirm whether he really was easily bounced off the ball, and beaten continually in the midfield. Sounds like half of his game is strong, but the other half needs a lot of work....He does not sound like a very complete footballer and not ready for the highest level of football. No dis on Denzil..I want him to succeed..But are you looking at him the way a coach would or are you only concerened with what he did once on the ball? Respect  :beermug:

The World Cup is the highest level of football, and Theobald played well in all three games.  On defense, his attempts were more effective than the other defenders.  At times he would not perform the tackles, but would block a pass by occupying the space betwen the Martinique players - just as we did against England and Sweden - particularly England.  This is not a skill that is understood by other players on the field - and this was evidenced by the amount of unnecessary crowding in the defense last night.  You only need to cut off the passing space in some cases to force an error/alternate weaker play in the opposition's attack - Theobald understands and executed this well.

Remember that Russell Latapy saw Theobald and arranged a deal at Falkirk for him.  Falkirk plays at the Premiership level in Scotland, and we all know that it was only Theobald's careless remarks about Falkirk being a small team that caused a bench warming situation for him.

As far as speed goes, if Theobald could play in the Sweden game for any amount of time, he could play anywhere.

thanks..haven't seen him lately so I not in a position to pass any judgement. Thanks for the extra analysis, sounds good. he obviously has something or he would not be where he is. But let's get one thing straight...I was in germany and watched him live and he did not play well. he didn't do badly, but to me..there is a difference between not playing badly and playing well. When he played left midfield he didn't seem to have the speed of movement or thought to get across the halfway line, take on his man, make telling passes or bring in a cross......but he was positionally good and sound on defense..ironic...the one criticsim he is getting now. But I also think he was playing out of position, so it is not fair to judge him to harshly. Fact remains tho'..he did OK, but he did not play well. IF you need to remibd yourself what playing well is, look no further than Carlos Edwards who played well by any standard imagineable...Sorry, but Theobald was not near that class.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2007, 12:39:16 PM »

What the Jail i reading here!!!
with 1 thread and two lines a man come and beat back all TI years of Hardest posts!!!

Theobald was the worst performer on the WC team, and remember Wise was on that team. 
A man get on in a game vs Martnique and you stamp him ready for the EPL, you really thinnk the pace and physical aspects of the English game are the same as in this Digicel Cup?

Ah feel this is one of them KND post to get men rile up.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2007, 12:53:53 PM »
Soldier,

I go have to disagree with you on Bleeder.

I sorry but I write off your credibility in this thread with this one line yuh type here.

The World Cup is the highest level of football, and Theobald played well in all three games.  On defense, his attempts were more effective than the other defenders.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Breds there were two TT mysteries in the WC...the first one was why Latapy only get 20 min.
The second one was why Theobold get 270 min.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 12:55:30 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2007, 01:13:36 PM »
Soldier,

I sorry but I write off your credibility in this thread with this one line yuh type here.

The World Cup is the highest level of football, and Theobald played well in all three games.  On defense, his attempts were more effective than the other defenders.

Breds there were two TT mysteries in the WC...the first one was why Latapy only get 20 min.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2007, 01:22:41 PM »
The World Cup is the highest level of football, and Theobald played well in all three games.  On defense, his attempts were more effective than the other defenders.  At times he would not perform the tackles, but would block a pass by occupying the space betwen the Martinique players - just as we did against England and Sweden - particularly England.

nah andre... ah cyah agreed wit dis atol.

He din play well in any of the three games and in particular the England game dwight push him through wit acres of real estate to attack with and he delivered the greatest choke moment by any trini player in dat whole tournament... Theobald was a liability for the vast majority of the World Cup and it is still ah mystery to me that Latapy din take he place.

Now I was impressed by his showing last night too... but Premiership material??

no no no no.

he may get there some dday... but right now... he still have plenty to work on. I will say though atleast he eh so timid.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2007, 01:29:59 PM »
Theobold maybe ready for a League One side.

Them teams does work hard and battle hard to finish top three, and its players learn about the game there. That kind of environment will suit Bleeder and push him out of his comfort zone.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2007, 01:31:30 PM »

ha ha. you get fooled too. is 1989.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2007, 01:33:56 PM »

ha ha. you get fooled too. is 1989.

ooorrr hor... das why he talkin so much shit... well now it all makes sense...  :beermug:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2007, 01:35:35 PM »

it is best not to think about it nah

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2007, 01:52:21 PM »
Quite frankly Densill Theobald is Premiership Material.   

And you generate this assumption based on a game vs Martinque?

Allyuh good yes!!!

What are you, his brother, cousin, uncle?  Either that or you just don't know football at all.....

Common fella, make sense nah?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2007, 02:05:51 PM »
Soldier,

I have to admit, that was funny.  :D

My statement is not based on this single game:

I'm not sure how many of you saw the T&T vs. Martinique Digicel Caribbean Cup game last night, but one player definitely stood out from the rest - Densill Theobald.  His passing, defensive tactics, technique, control and confidence expressed a level of superiority that is not yet possessed by any of the other players on the team.  Quite frankly Densill Theobald is Premiership Material.   Just a few out of order words cost him that in Scotland - it clearly had nothing to do with professional skill.  There is no question that he should be this team's captain, and  that he should continue to be featured in the senior team.

When I say 'Quite frankly Densill Theobald is Premiership Material.'  I do not mean that his performance in this game makes him such, because he has had this skill long before - which is why he made the WC starting line up.  My point is that the player is at an elevated technical level to his current colleagues and that this was exemplified within this particular game.

Either way, you have to be able to separate player analysis from a team analysis and acknowledge that the performance of the team is not an indication of the player's technical skill or understanding of the game.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 02:13:51 PM by 1989 »
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2007, 02:11:53 PM »
Happy New year to you all!  ;D I did not actually see Gary Glasgow play as yet but all the reports shows that he is behaving like a new Stern John and in a bad way! Unlike Stern who could have done crap and then flukingly (or skilfully depends how you look at it) scored and ALWAYS kept his place based on the rumours about him and Beenhakker being very close, I really HOPE that Glasgow and Wim does not develop that bond. Sigh!! Missing a penalty is totally unacceptable man, geez! Come on my boy Cornell Glen get better fast nah... and I sure meh other boy Kenwyn waiting to fly back and show them why he is really the best choice now.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2007, 02:58:47 PM »
1989 ah cah go hard at yuh, as far as yuh comments on Theobald. However, I would be honest, I will always support any player playing fuh T&T, but there will always be players on ah team that doh impress yuh, and Theobald is one ah dem. He is descent player, but ah doh think he made so much of an improvement lately tuh jump tuh premiership material, ah couple of de other breddas at de Enterprise feel de same about Theobald. As for "Hardest", ah doh know, some people said de man had ah great game and some like you said differently.  :-\ HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2007, 03:45:46 PM »
Soldier,

I'm not sure how many of you saw the T&T vs. Martinique Digicel Caribbean Cup game last night, but one player definitely stood out from the rest - Densill Theobald. His passing, defensive tactics, technique, control and confidence expressed a level of superiority that is not yet possessed by any of the other players on the team. Quite frankly Densill Theobald is Premiership Material. Just a few out of order words cost him that in Scotland - it clearly had nothing to do with professional skill. There is no question that he should be this team's captain, and that he should continue to be featured in the senior team.

When I say 'Quite frankly Densill Theobald is Premiership Material.' I do not mean that his performance in this game makes him such, because he has had this skill long before - which is why he made the WC starting line up. My point is that the player is at an elevated technical level to his current colleagues and that this was exemplified within this particular game.

Either way, you have to be able to separate player analysis from a team analysis and acknowledge that the performance of the team is not an indication of the player's technical skill or understanding of the game.

Fella, you gotta be kiddin me?  We assemble a jokey squad to play in the Caribbean Cup and he may or may not be a class above.  However, there are several reasons why he can't handle the Premiership at this point in his career:

1.  His play is too slow
2.  He is just not physical enough
3.  I see everybody talking about vision and I yet to see it
4.  He is so low down the pecking order in terms of quality in Trinidad is a joke. 

Just b/c the man make the WC squad don't mean a thing to the Premiership teams or any foreign team for that matter. 

Be realistic on the forum.  The kid may be good but he eh that good!
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2007, 03:55:56 PM »
Well people, mih eh see de game yet, but when ah read de title ah de thread, ah say to mihself

Self....."de boy improve dramatically in a few days....how?? ???"

Den ah read de rest ah post and dem....and ah feel ah sense saness again....

Whew.....

Theobald....Premiership.....a new way to teach opposites in school....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2007, 04:02:42 PM »
Soldier,

I'm not sure how many of you saw the T&T vs. Martinique Digicel Caribbean Cup game last night, but one player definitely stood out from the rest - Densill Theobald. His passing, defensive tactics, technique, control and confidence expressed a level of superiority that is not yet possessed by any of the other players on the team. Quite frankly Densill Theobald is Premiership Material. Just a few out of order words cost him that in Scotland - it clearly had nothing to do with professional skill. There is no question that he should be this team's captain, and that he should continue to be featured in the senior team.

When I say 'Quite frankly Densill Theobald is Premiership Material.' I do not mean that his performance in this game makes him such, because he has had this skill long before - which is why he made the WC starting line up. My point is that the player is at an elevated technical level to his current colleagues and that this was exemplified within this particular game.

Fella, you gotta be kiddin me?  We assemble a jokey squad to play in the Caribbean Cup and he may or may not be a class above.  However, there are several reasons why he can't handle the Premiership at this point in his career:

1.  His play is too slow
2.  He is just not physical enough
3.  I see everybody talking about vision and I yet to see it
4.  He is so low down the pecking order in terms of quality in Trinidad is a joke. 

Just b/c the man make the WC squad don't mean a thing to the Premiership teams or any foreign team for that matter. 

Be realistic on the forum.  The kid may be good but he eh that good!

Agree with a few of your points, but the biggest thing in the premiership is size and fitness. I think he's a decent defensive midfielder and after watching the barbados game, he has shown he has some ability to ba a better defensive mid. He is still young and can be molded in to that role by the time the WCQ rolls around. Remember Yorke was a striker and made the adjustment to defensiv mid in the qualifiers when he came back to the NT. Theobald has ability and I think Wim will help groom him in that position.
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2007, 04:11:27 PM »
A much improved performance by the fellas.
To be honest Martinique fell apart after the right back was sent off.
Trinidad started by playing some uncharacteristic long balls and then settled into thier passing game.
I believe Anton had a lot to do with the change of style it is his style of football (the long ball and more direct play.)
Agood performance but one day doh make a tournament.
Hardest played well , he was strong in protecting the ball but seemed out of position.
Tiger was excellent on the wing an Theobald play as a true warrior.
Lets see how they make out against a big strong technically sound team like Haiti.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2007, 04:14:36 PM »

I believe Anton had a lot to do with the change of style it is his style of football (the long ball and more direct play.)

I guess wim was shitting dong on his ass ent  :rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2007, 04:17:03 PM »
Trinidad started by playing some uncharacteristic long balls and then settled into thier passing game.
Hardest played well , he was strong in protecting the ball but seemed out of position.
Lets see how they make out against a big strong technically sound team like Haiti.

hardest needs to play above the mid or in a more attacking role, he playing this link from the defense to the mid bc we defense not capable as yet to build the attack, thats why people talkin de man bad, but they dont realize what he is doing effectively for the team... :beermug:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »
TI, I am being fair here. I agree with you on that point about Denzil.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2007, 05:26:33 PM »
1989 your logic is real flawed.

Yorke was much better than Theobald in the WC and he struggling in the Championship right now.

Theobald played a defensive role but he was very anonymous, because a man was on the field for three games where we were under real pressure does not mean that he held his own against big players. He play and he survive without getting embarrased but that don't mean that he up to that level. Not by a long shot. Add to that the fact that their are several examples of men who impress in a WC and then couldn't hack it in a top league afterwards.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2007, 05:30:56 PM »
TI, I am being fair here. I agree with you on that point about Denzil.

Sorry TI, thought you were talking about Denzil, not Hardest.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2007, 06:30:44 PM »
I feel under all seriousness that some of de posters here need to start putting AKA next to dey forum name fuh real. TI, also known as AKA Hardest, 1989 AKA Bleeder!!! Come nah fellas. Allyuh have big game to play in de stadium and studying to post and fool people. If allyuh concentrate on de game instead of writing bout allyuh self and arguing with Touches and Jefferz we go be allright.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2007, 06:32:33 PM »

hardest needs to play above the mid or in a more attacking role, he playing this link from the defense to the mid bc we defense not capable as yet to build the attack, thats why people talkin de man bad, but they dont realize what he is doing effectively for the team... :beermug:

TI, a very interesting point you made there.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2007, 07:41:21 PM »

I eh sure bout wha yuh saying there....as they line up....is bleeder and hardest in the middle....and one of them need to be de holding midfield. I eh sure wim go put a man who could pass...not really known for tackling....and not able to run hard for at least 70 minutes as a midfield link. Who he linking with really...if the midfield was/is...baptiste and tiger on the wings...bleeder partnering him in the middle and the only players in front of him are the strikers?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2007, 07:44:50 PM »

he go play a foward now  ??? :beermug:

1]; } ?>