April 27, 2024, 02:29:20 PM

Author Topic: Densill Theobald Thread  (Read 115359 times)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: "Densill Theobald is Premiership Material"
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2007, 08:14:49 PM »
I'm not sure how many of you saw the T&T vs. Martinique Digicel Caribbean Cup game last night, but one player definitely stood out from the rest - Densill Theobald.  His passing, defensive tactics, technique, control and confidence expressed a level of superiority that is not yet possessed by any of the other players on the team.  Quite frankly Densill Theobald is Premiership Material.  Just a few out of order words cost him that in Scotland - it clearly had nothing to do with professional skill.  There is no question that he should be this team's captain, and  that he should continue to be featured in the senior team.

There are other notable players. 

Leslie Fitzpatrick who was a constant menace for Martinique on that left side, although I don't see him challenging Samuel for that left side position as yet.

At half time the commentators, were virtually calling for Gary Glasgow's removal, however, he delivered the goods twice in the second half.  All in all though, I don't see him challenging Stern any time soon.  I actually think that given the number of easy open chances that this team had, had Stern been present the scoreline would have looked like that of an 'American Football' game.

Hayden Tinto, who came on in the 66th minute is definitely senior national team material.  He has potential.  If the team is missing Carlos Edwards, Tinto can comfortably fill the void. 

Kerwin 'Hardest' Jemmot did not impress me - and this is not a diss to TI.  Rather, TI please call Hardest and tell the man that he needs to step up his game - Theobald and Tinto are looking much better than he is, and they are more game impacting than he is.  As far as comparisons to Latapy, some were saying 20 out of 10 and 8 out of 10 for Hardest - not even close - I say 4 out of 10.  Had Latapy been on that field, that game would have ended early because of the fighting Martinicans (did i spell that right?).

All in all I think that it was a decent performance by a very inexperienced team.  I don't believe that this team could replace our world cup squad entirely, rather the best could be included and the worst/older ones of the World Cup team could be replaced. 

This is a joke right? >:( :o
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2007, 08:57:15 PM »
I think Theobald might struggle in atlanta caribbean league to be honest   cuz de kick dem jamaicans go put on him he goh just be bawlin for foul whole game.......the world is such a funny place a man as mediocre as   theobald getting props an opportunity but true diamonds in the rough like Colin Roberts and Marlon Minguel and them fellas never even get a chance...no justice in the world I tell ya

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2007, 09:54:15 PM »
I think Theobald might struggle in atlanta caribbean league to be honest   cuz de kick dem jamaicans go put on him he goh just be bawlin for foul whole game.......the world is such a funny place a man as mediocre as   theobald getting props an opportunity but true diamonds in the rough like Colin Roberts and Marlon Minguel and them fellas never even get a chance...no justice in the world I tell ya

lol....yuh causing drama on de forum already sah!!! just i find it hard to believe ah man could play so much nonsense on saturday against ah Bajan team and look like ah God against Martinique. but guz...kwame play in de league and he on de team so whats yu point???
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2007, 12:52:58 AM »
cocaine i a hell of ah drug
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2007, 01:35:57 AM »
I jess doh understand why men on here does dog Densil? When de coach he self say Densil doing a god job. That makes me questioon alyuh knowledge of football.
fuh real
NICE
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 17, 2007, 01:43:33 AM »
I jess doh understand why men on here does dog Densil? When de coach he self say Densil doing a god job. That makes me questioon alyuh knowledge of football.
fuh real
NICE

Good point Niceness.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2007, 03:08:50 AM »

lol....yuh causing drama on de forum already sah!!! just i find it hard to believe ah man could play so much nonsense on saturday against ah Bajan team and look like ah God against Martinique. but guz...kwame play in de league and he on de team so whats yu point???

Fordie meh point is when TT play Austria or Japan we go see who is the real ballers it easy to trot around and give big interview (I will be using falkirk as a stepping stone to bigger things) when yuh beating martinique and drawing with barbados to hide your flaws but is when yuh balls to the ground and sweden running at yuh and yuh battling for yuh life is what defines you  and we all know where he was during them games constantly on his back like a bad ting...the worst player on we world cup team with the biggest mouth

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2007, 05:15:55 AM »

Fordie meh point is when TT play Austria or Japan we go see who is the real ballers it easy to trot around and give big interview (I will be using falkirk as a stepping stone to bigger things) when yuh beating martinique and drawing with barbados to hide your flaws but is when yuh balls to the ground and sweden running at yuh and yuh battling for yuh life is what defines you  and we all know where he was during them games constantly on his back like a bad ting...the worst player on we world cup team with the biggest mouth

:applause: :applause: :applause:
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2007, 05:44:09 AM »

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I cyah argue with that... thats my sentiment exactly... but ah must say... he look like he playing style on the pitch is maturing.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2007, 06:12:44 AM »
Seon Power should be in Serie A

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2007, 06:34:25 AM »
fuh real
NICE

perhaps u are right...and perhaps Wim is just doing a good job at managing the press and his players' confidence. All part of a coach's job. I did not see the Martnique game, so I cannot comment on how well Densil played. But your statement is quite naive. Having said that, it will be nice if his performances continue to improve. Like I said before, Densil cannot be where he is now without having something...a lot of different coaches have or have had belief in him..not just Wim

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2007, 06:46:56 AM »
Good Morning Guys,
                               I confuse about Denzil. He good or not. Some of you say he is not worth it. Some say he is premiership material. Which is true?. His passing is good but he defence is bad. Plus he gets push off the ball.  Anybody have a video of the game?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2007, 08:11:43 AM »
When the game come on video I want alyuh confirm this with me.

Denzil looking good because he getting the ball under NO PRESSURE.

He collecting the ball in the stopper position with nobody pressuring him so he could take his time look up and spray passes........he doing it well and looking good.

When is midfield battle time defensively he coming second.

I find he is moving smart and using his upstairs as he knows what his strengths and weaknesses are.

It is because of this people giving him different ratings.

Watch him good. You must measure a player touch and composure when pressure take him, not when he have room and space.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2007, 08:17:54 AM »

He collecting the ball in the stopper position with nobody pressuring him so he could take his time look up and spray passes........he doing it well and looking good.

I find he is moving smart and using his upstairs as he knows what his strengths and weaknesses are.

Watch him good. You must measure a player touch and composure when pressure take him, not when he have room and space.

I watched some of the B'dos vdo, and man that was a slow game. No up front pressure at all.  They were playing the same way Trini does which I hate, sit back and wait for the opponent to enter the last 1/3 of the pitch before picking them up.
Vs Mexico that will never happen, is constant pressure and if you dont have touch and control you will lose the ball under pressure and the defense will be under constant attack.

One thing I will say though, some folks like to say not to get carried away because of the low level of the opponents, I am one of those, but on the flip side, if you playing a team that is weak then you supposed to put 5 on them not scrape through 1 - nil.
So even though they looking good vs soft oppostition, they get props for that at least, cause you should look good vs weak opponents.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2007, 08:23:43 AM »
fuh real
NICE

perhaps u are right...and perhaps Wim is just doing a good job at managing the press and his players' confidence. All part of a coach's job. I did not see the Martnique game, so I cannot comment on how well Densil played. But your statement is quite naive. Having said that, it will be nice if his performances continue to improve. Like I said before, Densil cannot be where he is now without having something...a lot of different coaches have or have had belief in him..not just Wim

I think that this is a key oversight from which many posters on this thread suffer.  Falkirk's coach could have evaluated Theobald and send him straight back to T&T - instead he offered a contract in the Scottish Premier League not the fete match league  ;).  Several T&T players did trials and came straight back home - Theobald came back because he was a casualty of his mouth.  Interestingly enough, Theobald's problem is still lack of self control.  Several times during this game he mouthed off the referee.  This will eventually cost him.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2007, 08:29:06 AM »

So yuh saying his mouth make him unable to make the Bench at Falkirk on a regular basis and it was also the reason for him not being able to start a match or make the first team.

Or is it because Latapy keep him out the side.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2007, 08:38:05 AM »

So yuh saying his mouth make him unable to make the Bench at Falkirk on a regular basis and it was also the reason for him not being able to start a match or make the first team.

Or is it because Latapy keep him out the side.

Reality is that Theobald's mouth kept him aiming for the bench.  Further, before the start of this season the coach informed him that the bench was higher that the stars for him.... (yuh know how they say to aim for the stars :rotfl: )  That alone shows that the coach made up his mind long before. 

He will lose out on a lot more if he doesn't exercise wisdom.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2007, 08:39:57 AM »

I watched some of the B'dos vdo, and man that was a slow game. No up front pressure at all.  They were playing the same way Trini does which I hate, sit back and wait for the opponent to enter the last 1/3 of the pitch before picking them up.
Vs Mexico that will never happen, is constant pressure and if you dont have touch and control you will lose the ball under pressure and the defense will be under constant attack.

One thing I will say though, some folks like to say not to get carried away because of the low level of the opponents, I am one of those, but on the flip side, if you playing a team that is weak then you supposed to put 5 on them not scrape through 1 - nil.
So even though they looking good vs soft oppostition, they get props for that at least, cause you should look good vs weak opponents.

Constructive critique, but also remember that Theobald played in the Mexico game.

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2007, 04:56:32 PM »
I think that part of the problem with Theobald is that persons find it hard to categorise him. He ain't an attacking mid, defensive mid or a winger. He is for the want of a better phrase a water carrier. Similar players (in style not ability) would be Gilberto and Carrick. That being so he isnt going to put in hard tackles or create a goal out of nothing and if you expect him to you have a long wait. I think part of the issue with him like Jemmott is that they would look better in a 3 man midfield with somebody to do the spade work. Theobald can do the running and Jemmott (he would like not having to run much) the passing.

He is a decent positional player and tries to stick to the coaches plan, something most of our players have problems doing. The fact is many coaches will like him for that. In terms of whether he is or isn't Premiership Material has a lot to do with his reaction to training. As all who have made it have said the first few years before acceptance they push you to see whether you are strong enough mentally to make it. If you are then you move to the next level. To date he hasn't shown it. Many players have gotten worse treatment than he has, risen above it and now are considered top professionals.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Densill Theobald.
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2007, 04:14:57 PM »
....well i went to HOTT Shop to get a roti.....and in walks the "Bleeder" Densil Theobald himself....
looking fit and trim.....simple jeans and stripe polo...no bling and shades

so ah watching him on his phone asking someone " Bone or Bonless??"..."Bone or Boneless??"...

so he end up next to me and ah hit him " From Budapest to Hott shoppe"???...

DT....no no, not for me ...haha, not for me....

BM..so you home on winterbreak??

DT...yea, one month...got to go back to training at the end of January..

BM...ok cool..so you going to keep fit with Cali while you here, but then they only have 3 matches left...

DT....no...the coach from Upjest gives everyone a program to maintain...every Friday you have to weigh in you know...

BM..whats the level like out there???..

DT....very good...very good.....but the money is hurting all of hungarian football.....the clubs struggle....the national team is not doing well...and only 2 teams get to Europe....

BM...is Upjest 4th in the table?? ( ah know...so ah showing off my knowledge nah)

DT..yea , we 4th....trying to catch up and be in the top 2...

BM.....whats your home stadium like....and the crowds in general ??..

DT....well our stadium is like 10 to 12,000 capacity.....and it depends, we played Debrecen , the defending champs and it was full....but when you play the smaller clubs you get like 3,000 to 5,000.

BM....so your team, players from all over??...and is the coach from Hungary???

DT....yes, the coach from Hungary....and i am one of 9 players ...like from Finland, Africa....

BM....so any transfer talks....

T....well my agent dealing with that....hope something happens....but it is nice so far...

BM....is the country nice ???

DT....ohhh yea...vey, man Budapest man....lovely old city/.....( ah could see some "coarse Hair" tings in he eyes)...

he cell phone rings and he is very polite " Please excuse me".....dwighty style.....lol..

BM....man this frigging roti taking long boy....eh....( Trying to not soud like ah jumbieing de man....but he realize ah know meh stuff nah....plus ah old ras get in de talk...."Eh Eh...watch meh...allyuh have to geh we da world cup again ...is 30 years ah praying fuh dat....ah want it again.."...

BM...so what bout hardest...ah hear he in the States ?

DT...yea ( sorry TI...that was his one word answer)

so we just touch on a few things....and the man was really nice to chat with....he seems to be patient this time with this move.....and he did not offer much as far as  TnT is concerned....

he get he roti and geh meh ah bounce....and I wish him all the best and to stay positive...and that i am happy to see his game take a new dimension......

BM....
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 08:45:19 AM by Flex »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: DENSIL THEOBALD
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2007, 04:36:08 PM »
Forget about Bleeder wit he wild self  ;D. De more important question is what you was doing by Hott Shoppe? Ent you supposed tuh be maintaining yuh fitness fuh de fete match league? Touches already tell meh how allyuh fraid he side, and is steady licks allyuh does get from dem.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2007, 04:38:45 PM »
tallman.....you know ah hott shopee after a hangover...come on White Star....
Tell Touches he wild man side....dey good.....but da fight and football ting....i done dat since skinner park breds....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2007, 05:49:20 PM »
Hungary woman over nice boy!  :P

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2007, 05:58:43 PM »
Only In Trini eh?  :applause:

De man do ah detailed on de spot interview..even get ah colour commentary from ah ole ras.......all neatly packaged....while waitin on ah Roti

In any other country, dey woulda aks de int'l player for he autograph..grab de food and ride out
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2007, 06:20:26 PM »
BM, if was me ah was making yuh sponsor that boneless chicken yes...

and throw in a red solo for good measure..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2007, 06:52:25 PM »
Lol...nicely done, Bleeder ent even recognize in interview he get interview dey  :beermug:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2007, 08:46:19 PM »
Good Job Big Mag...Wish Densil the best for the rest of his career

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2007, 09:06:59 PM »
Big Mag yuh come good dey. Gwan Bleeder!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2007, 09:34:12 PM »
De thread should ah name.....De general back in town buying ah roti.  Ah real happy for de man.  And based on de interview, like he english improve plenty plenty, unless Big Mag paraphrasing.  Anyways, I know dah roti was for somebody else.  Bleedah does only buy food by de vegatarian store on de corner ah park and pembroke street ..I not sure if it still dey, but dey call it Hardline vegetarian ah tink.  He does buy a bomb punch, and ah whole wheat macaroni pie, and sometimes ah bran muffin or vegetables.  Me aint no stalker, but we sit dong and eat dey aready...more dan once.  De man was jes blessing up he Nelson street possey.  Must be Fredley Deadly or 10 cents de roti was for.  But ah know he paddner call crix does only eat boneless...so me aint know really.  Anyway, ah glad for meh boy...Ah shock to hear he had on ah shades doh...he must be was looking real kicksy :rotfl:...But good post Big Mag...de forum needed dah one

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2007, 10:12:11 PM »
Y all yuh so he english improve
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>