April 25, 2024, 05:39:29 PM

Author Topic: Densill Theobald Thread  (Read 115243 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WHY WE GANG UP ON BLEEDER?
« Reply #240 on: March 30, 2009, 07:30:11 AM »
all i am saying is

bleeder not as "talented" as the others

BUT

he plays with more heart than any other on the team now

the "stars" rarely track back or hustle, we NEVER take initiative and command a midfield unless we know we can run over them aka el salvador and what happen there? we relax a allowed ourselves to rest on our back footb and lucky to get a point again

all of you dribble lovers out there need to realise there is a time and place for dribbling even latas lost the ball a few times but gave chase to win it back rigth now the only man who can trap and dribble a ball on our side is edwards

bleeders bad passes might turn in to good passes if the other lazy mudacan'ts would work harder for the side

not saying bleeder is a starter, saying they should emulate his desire and intensity, when will you corbeaux stop jumpin up n down for spanner n drag and start applauding short passes and total football??????

honduras embarassed us several times with quick sharp passing and movement sometimes making 20 - 30 passes before we even got a touch

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 30, 2009, 07:45:20 AM »
Is Latapy and Yorke fault....... and i serious about that, Maturana too.....

The plain truth is that Densil Theobald is a limited player...... It makes him an easy target for the fans when things don't go our way cause

He will never attempt to take on a defender with a dribble, he dont have no beat, nothing to make the crowd go OOHHH AHHHH.... yuh know we love dat

He will not attempt a pass that is not on..... he not threading no ball forward, he not attempting no 40 yard ball cross the field or down the flank yuh know the fans love dat.

So why do coaches pick him?

He has one of the best techniques in the local game, second only to the so called big three (Yorke, Latapy and John) it doh have no mistrap with Bleeder, the area of the field he plays is very critical, any kind of miscollection could lead to a breakdown and put us under defensive pressure. He completes 90% of this passes. Coaches love dat.

He plays two touch football all the time, most of us have played youth ball at some point in time of our lives, coaches in dem days used to drill the mindset of two touch, let the ball do the work collect, pass and move. Coaches love dat

He is the fittest local player in the game, he never stops moving, he always makes himself available to receive the ball and runs for 90+ mins,he always puts pressure on the opposition in the middle of the park, Coaches love dat

My only personal grouse with Densil is that while he applies a lot of pressure, he doesn't win the ball enough so he is usually paired with another defensive midfielder so people assume he is the creative midfielder which he is not so it makes him a bit redundant, but again that is not his fault, the management plays him and he will play his game. He plays to instructions (see points above)

We have been blessed with some great football minds in the centre of midfield so poor Densil will always be a target. I have seen some of those great football minds make bad passes and lose possesion trying to dribble men and somehow those aspects are sometimes lost in our critical analysis. Go figure

Somebody should start a "WHY WE GANG UP ON STERN THREAD" too
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #242 on: March 30, 2009, 08:09:22 AM »
Dis sounding just like a Dean Whitehead debate on Sunderland message board. Or a old Jermaine Wright debate on a Southampton message board. And it's a debate on a lot of other fan forums. There's always that one (or two) player(s) on a team that keeps getting picked no matter the manager, to the fans' bewilderment and frustration. A player who does the dirty work and/or keeps things simple, appreciated by coaches but not spectators.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:13:23 AM by Gillie Face »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 30, 2009, 08:34:51 AM »
Dis sounding just like a Dean Whitehead debate on Sunderland message board. Or a old Jermaine Wright debate on a Southampton message board. And it's a debate on a lot of other fan forums. There's always that one (or two) player(s) on a team that keeps getting picked no matter the manager, to the fans' bewilderment and frustration. A player who does the dirty work and/or keeps things simple, appreciated by coaches but not spectators.

I patiently waiting to see all dat dirty work Theobald does be doing...

It have a time and place for Bleeder... and dat is not in ah 4-4-2 system where we looking to win the game.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 30, 2009, 02:56:12 PM »
Is Latapy and Yorke fault....... and i serious about that, Maturana too.....

The plain truth is that Densil Theobald is a limited player...... It makes him an easy target for the fans when things don't go our way cause

He will never attempt to take on a defender with a dribble, he dont have no beat, nothing to make the crowd go OOHHH AHHHH.... yuh know we love dat

He will not attempt a pass that is not on..... he not threading no ball forward, he not attempting no 40 yard ball cross the field or down the flank yuh know the fans love dat.

So why do coaches pick him?

He has one of the best techniques in the local game, second only to the so called big three (Yorke, Latapy and John) it doh have no mistrap with Bleeder, the area of the field he plays is very critical, any kind of miscollection could lead to a breakdown and put us under defensive pressure. He completes 90% of this passes. Coaches love dat.

He plays two touch football all the time, most of us have played youth ball at some point in time of our lives, coaches in dem days used to drill the mindset of two touch, let the ball do the work collect, pass and move. Coaches love dat

He is the fittest local player in the game, he never stops moving, he always makes himself available to receive the ball and runs for 90+ mins,he always puts pressure on the opposition in the middle of the park, Coaches love dat

My only personal grouse with Densil is that while he applies a lot of pressure, he doesn't win the ball enough so he is usually paired with another defensive midfielder so people assume he is the creative midfielder which he is not so it makes him a bit redundant, but again that is not his fault, the management plays him and he will play his game. He plays to instructions (see points above)

We have been blessed with some great football minds in the centre of midfield so poor Densil will always be a target. I have seen some of those great football minds make bad passes and lose possesion trying to dribble men and somehow those aspects are sometimes lost in our critical analysis. Go figure

Somebody should start a "WHY WE GANG UP ON STERN THREAD" too
exactly hes a replacement when birchall unable to play

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 30, 2009, 03:40:17 PM »
all i am saying is

BUT

the "stars" rarely track back or hustle, we NEVER take initiative and command a midfield unless we know we can run over them aka el salvador and what happen there? we relax a allowed ourselves to rest on our back footb and lucky to get a point again

all of you dribble lovers out there need to realise there is a time and place for dribbling even latas lost the ball a few times but gave chase to win it back rigth now the only man who can trap and dribble a ball on our side is edwards

bleeders bad passes might turn in to good passes if the other lazy mudacan'ts would work harder for the side

not saying bleeder is a starter, saying they should emulate his desire and intensity, when will you corbeaux stop jumpin up n down for spanner n drag and start applauding short passes and total football??????

honduras embarassed us several times with quick sharp passing and movement sometimes making 20 - 30 passes before we even got a touch

We already have birchall fuh that...

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 30, 2009, 04:41:35 PM »
all i am saying is

BUT

We already have birchall fuh that...
is birchal always available?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 02, 2009, 09:13:22 AM »
 :P He eh get burn cuz else we would of got 6-0 instead.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Densil Theobald Picks (Conspiracy or Piracy Theory)
« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2009, 12:04:04 PM »
I think that the picking of Densil has to do with finances. I think they trying to ensure he has a pay check. Maybe because he was a "swing vote" during the blacklist fiasco. Maybe it was what got him to switch.

How else do you justify him being picked for the team ever single time since then. De man doh play no kinda ball fuh ah pick.

I think he occupying some other players spot. I think there should be an explaination to the fans.

Well I done kno what dey go say bout de couach doh have to explain tuh nobody but this is outlandish.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Densil Theobald Picks (Conspiracy or Piracy Theory)
« Reply #249 on: September 30, 2009, 12:10:08 PM »
Or maybe he offers something to teams that can't be observed from an armchair.

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2009, 12:25:57 PM »
Or maybe he offers something to teams that can't be observed from an armchair.

lol  ::) like what ???
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 30, 2009, 12:50:45 PM »
I think that the picking of Densil has to do with finances. I think they trying to ensure he has a pay check. Maybe because he was a "swing vote" during the blacklist fiasco. Maybe it was what got him to switch.

How else do you justify him being picked for the team ever single time since then. De man doh play no kinda ball fuh ah pick.

I think he occupying some other players spot. I think there should be an explaination to the fans.

Well I done kno what dey go say bout de couach doh have to explain tuh nobody but this is outlandish.

1 - He was one did get $1 million dollars from de T&T government as a result of his appearance in WC 2006 so it hardly likely to be about ensurin he get a pay cheque.

2 - kiffysmooth go rell ben by your suggestion de man doh play no kinda ball.

3 - Almost every coach have dey pet.  Derek King was Bertille own.  Dwarika was Simoes own.  Stern was Beenie own.  Akile Edwards was Pacho own.  Bleeder is Latas own.  Only Wim didn't appear to have a "favourite" per se.  Maybe Birchy.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 30, 2009, 12:53:55 PM »
Maybe hes Latas only confidant in the team.Yah know like when Roy ask Dwight if he have his back and Dwight say they need to talk .Densil will say yes.Once he doh play i guess is ok .

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 30, 2009, 12:54:28 PM »
It must be his charming smile..... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #254 on: September 30, 2009, 01:17:03 PM »
Rochford would have been a better pick. In my opinion he is the defensive midfielder of the future or one of them at least and he will score on you.

Hell while I am at how about Andre Boucard for Trent Noel. I have not seen him play but what I've read about the kid he is suppose to be a hard working midfielder who will also score on you.

What about Darryl Roberts for Kenwyne Jones.

Hell yeah I am on a roll.

Kevon Neaves for Keon "I can't play anywhere else but central midfield" Daniels

Another midfielder for a forward say Daniel Joseph for Zamora

Jamal Gay or Juma for Jason Scotland
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2009, 01:26:10 PM »
ManFriday!....wha fitball you really watching?  Ah doesnt like when people fighting dong ah fitballer with no kind ah reasoning.....  Obviously de man hadda be performing in Training, and he hadda be performing in de PFL...but ah guess yuh doh watch dem games nyder..... like yuh wha see him score every game or beat ah man four times in ah game... I aint de best fitballer, nyder is Latapy...But guess what, Latapy and odder coaches know more bout fitball dan me and you...so maybe yuh should tink about why dey picking him....obviously he have someting to offer......  De man is de best passer of de ball on de team right now (if yuh didnt know) and his touch is on point.... plus he have experience..... wha more yuh really want jed?..........steupes

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2009, 01:49:35 PM »
ManFriday!....wha fitball you really watching?  Ah doesnt like when people fighting dong ah fitballer with no kind ah reasoning.....  Obviously de man hadda be performing in Training, and he hadda be performing in de PFL...but ah guess yuh doh watch dem games nyder..... like yuh wha see him score every game or beat ah man four times in ah game... I aint de best fitballer, nyder is Latapy...But guess what, Latapy and odder coaches know more bout fitball dan me and you...so maybe yuh should tink about why dey picking him....obviously he have someting to offer......  De man is de best passer of de ball on de team right now (if yuh didnt know) and his touch is on point.... plus he have experience..... wha more yuh really want jed?..........steupes

With all dat talent you talking bout
TELL ME WHY HE SITTING ON DE BENCH EVERY GAME SO ???

HE IS AH SWEAT BOX > TOWEL DRAGGER>

Like he does sit on one edge ah de seat on ah towel and slide tuh de other side.  ;D

Kiffy you come on here all aggressive an ting relax partner  8)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 02:24:15 PM by Themanfriday »
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2009, 02:02:58 PM »

U cah be serious with the man may have something to offer.. he was playing Shyte on  the team b4 2006 ,during 2006 and after 2006 ...and he still does play Shyte now when he on the National side.. bottom line we have to leave the Shyte hounds on the back burner and start making man work to get on the side ..no more of this BullShyte that yuh is Latas partner or Latas always loookin out fuh yuh....The only reason I think Lawrence should be kept on this 22 man squad now is because he could probably help the younger faster defensive players develop but if that is not his role then we need to take him off the squad too...this is a new chance to make this a no nonsense team...start D shyte off right!!!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2009, 02:11:30 PM »
3 - Almost every coach have dey pet.  Derek King was Bertille own.  Dwarika was Simoes own.  Stern was Beenie own.  Akile Edwards was Pacho own.  Bleeder is Latas own. 
Except Bleeder on Latas team. He was on Pacho team. He was on Wim team. He was on Beenie team. He dat friendly?

Or maybe, just maybe...

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #259 on: September 30, 2009, 02:24:38 PM »
3 - Almost every coach have dey pet.  Derek King was Bertille own.  Dwarika was Simoes own.  Stern was Beenie own.  Akile Edwards was Pacho own.  Bleeder is Latas own. 
Except Bleeder on Latas team. He was on Pacho team. He was on Wim team. He was on Beenie team. He dat friendly?

Or maybe, just maybe...

Just Maybe  ;)
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 30, 2009, 02:26:28 PM »

Or maybe, just maybe...

Just Maybe  ;)

just maybe he have nude pics of jack warner.. steups

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 30, 2009, 02:29:46 PM »
Rochford would have been a better pick. In my opinion he is the defensive midfielder of the future or one of them at least and he will score on you.

Hell while I am at how about Andre Boucard for Trent Noel. I have not seen him play but what I've read about the kid he is suppose to be a hard working midfielder who will also score on you.

What about Darryl Roberts for Kenwyne Jones.

Hell yeah I am on a roll.

Kevon Neaves for Keon "I can't play anywhere else but central midfield" Daniels

Another midfielder for a forward say Daniel Joseph for Zamora

Jamal Gay or Juma for Jason Scotland

Ah like this post but will it happen?! Does it snow in T&T?  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Themanfriday

• Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #262 on: September 30, 2009, 02:30:18 PM »

Or maybe, just maybe...

Just Maybe  ;)

just maybe he have nude pics of jack warner.. steups

I could go fuh dat
Born in SanDo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 30, 2009, 02:45:52 PM »

3 - Almost every coach have dey pet.  Derek King was Bertille own.  Dwarika was Simoes own.  Stern was Beenie own.  Akile Edwards was Pacho own.  Bleeder is Latas own.  Only Wim didn't appear to have a "favourite" per se.  Maybe Birchy.

Wha bout Seon Power  ;D

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 30, 2009, 03:11:28 PM »
The fact that he has been consitently picked by ALL of our coaches over the last 5 years says something.

I actually like his game

He is probably the most technically sound player in the country. (Active of course)

I think the masses doh like him because the things that he does well is not something heralded in our football psyche

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 30, 2009, 03:39:25 PM »
The fact that he has been consitently picked by ALL of our coaches over the last 5 years says something.

I actually like his game

He is probably the most technically sound player in the country. (Active of course)

I think the masses doh like him because the things that he does well is not something heralded in our football psyche

Consistently yuh say? wim picked him BC he had no choice, we was strapped for players and bleeder was ah no brainer.

pancho used him in the guadelope game and he never featured until the USA game in chicago, then he fell off thew radar , and ah guess he called him again for the elsalvador and honduras game where he rode pine.

it's only latas and beenie who consistently called bleeder, wim had no choice and pancho used him three times for the whole campaign.

latas makes the cliche even more believable, where great player rarely make good coaches. latas , ah think yuh need tuh go work wid romany and skeene tuh help build and raise the standard of the PFL and leave coaching to the big boys.               positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 30, 2009, 03:46:46 PM »

I actually like his game

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ...maybe the masses doh like him cause they can recognize ah "shit hound" when they see one !!!

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #267 on: September 30, 2009, 03:47:17 PM »
The rest ah allyuh doh get it yuh know.

What latas is trying to tell allyuh is that the rest ah allyuh doh look as good as Densil. Did you see him in "Training Day", ah mean on Training Day, he looks good there. He was after "The Preacher's Wife" too, well Latas ain't too sure but that is why he has to keep him close. Did allyuh see him when he "Cried Freedom" from the blacklist? Man that was ah Oscar winning performance. He looks like an "American Gangster" too that is why Latas can't leave him off the team. Latas fraid dah man. Latas needs him to "act" like ah midfielder too but allyuh want Latas to "X" him out. NOT HAPPENINGGGGGGGGGG, you dig. Densil is the "Inside Man" on the football team and he knows something allyuh don't know that come October 10th, it will be "Deja Vu" all over again.

SUCKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2009, 04:00:10 PM »

I actually like his game

He is not the most technically sound player. But good post regardless. Theobal does cause me great pain to watch.  He and Clyde Leon together does gimme a sensation like having vomiting and diarrhea at the same time. Theo does rarely pull stones or mistrap, he follows the flow of the game, he basically does nothing wrong. But when you see a player with that technical ability and discipline to follow the coach instructions and yet cyah use them skills to IMPACT the game, that does kill.

Theobald is capable of defence splitting passes, he has the vision to and skill to do so. But he never deviates from his short pass game or run with the ball or alone into space outside his comfort zone into an area where he could create real trouble. That is the difference between a Whitley/Noel and a Theobald. Whitley is not that much more technically sound than Theo, but he was fearless. Trent is the same, to a lesser extent.

Leon is a next one who could impact a game. He well capable, as when he scored that scorcher for Connection against a CCL side. But he and Theo afraid to take risks. They should, they have enough skill to stamp authority on a game.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 04:02:42 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 30, 2009, 04:22:43 PM »

I actually like his game

He is not the most technically sound player. But good post regardless. Theobal does cause me great pain to watch.  He and Clyde Leon together does gimme a sensation like having vomiting and diarrhea at the same time. Theo does rarely pull stones or mistrap, he follows the flow of the game, he basically does nothing wrong. But when you see a player with that technical ability and discipline to follow the coach instructions and yet cyah use them skills to IMPACT the game, that does kill.

Theobald is capable of defence splitting passes, he has the vision to and skill to do so. But he never deviates from his short pass game or run with the ball or alone into space outside his comfort zone into an area where he could create real trouble. That is the difference between a Whitley/Noel and a Theobald. Whitley is not that much more technically sound than Theo, but he was fearless. Trent is the same, to a lesser extent.

Leon is a next one who could impact a game. He well capable, as when he scored that scorcher for Connection against a CCL side. But he and Theo afraid to take risks. They should, they have enough skill to stamp authority on a game.

Good,

I think we starting to get to the root of the issue here, becuase he always getting tagged as a shithound but if you look at the games he has played, the number of mistakes he actually makes are miniscule if you compare it to his teamates also when looking at the games in context.

I think its more of potential not realised which irritates folks. We have invested over 270 mins of WC football in him. He and Aurtis were supposed to be the pair to take us forward post 2006.

When d man start to assume a kind of Dwight Yorke role folks start to malign d man, for what reason i really don't know. To me that is the exact player he should be trying to replicate himself after.

But the fact that a player with his technical ability seems to never be able to have the kind of game impact lies with the coaching staff. The best i saw him play was during that blacklist spell and the Gold Cup where he was given the leadership and given the responsibility to take the team forward. Does it mean that i think they should do that now? No!

But a coach with a player under his tenure with his talent unrealized to shows the short coming of the coach. If as a coach you think you have done all that you could for a player and he cant step then discard him. Yet he still in the squad, go figure! 

1]; } ?>