April 19, 2024, 03:38:02 PM

Author Topic: Densill Theobald Thread  (Read 114218 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald may sign in India ?
« Reply #330 on: September 22, 2011, 09:55:37 PM »
Good stuff  :beermug:  somehow coaches always seem to like bleeder
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 22, 2011, 10:36:59 PM »
good luck to Bleeder.

btw, anybody else see the gaping error in the article?

"Dempo to sign T&T international Densill Theobald"

Hint, it in the first paragraph...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 23, 2011, 03:04:26 AM »
I haven't seen a lot of Denzil but the little I saw he seems the player that can make it in foreign,he looks a very decent player at that,I believe every TT player could be found wanting,not only Theobald.People post unlikely posts about him which is surprising,Calcao seems to think he is good enough to play for a very good club,a club that has won the Asian Championship,that cant be all bad,can it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 23, 2011, 03:30:38 AM »
Catholic? 99%? The man ain't moving from Ireland.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 23, 2011, 05:28:55 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KLnGdAfIQM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6KLnGdAfIQM</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 23, 2011, 11:33:27 AM »
Densil seems like a sensible fella and mature player just looking at the way he conducts himself in interviews, looks like he has his head on his shoulders. Bleeder goodluck, use the the opportunity to your advantage and who knows, it may pay off in the long run. I've met a few basketball players who've been playing in leagues all over the world, in countries you won't even imagine so don't mind going to India if you believe it's in your best interest :beermug:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 23, 2011, 01:17:27 PM »
good luck to Bleeder.

btw, anybody else see the gaping error in the article?

"Dempo to sign T&T international Densill Theobald"

Hint, it in the first paragraph...
De "creative midfielder" part ;D

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 23, 2011, 01:35:16 PM »
 :rotfl:  my eyes opened wide when I read that...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
An interview with Dempo’s Densill Theobald
« Reply #338 on: September 25, 2011, 07:29:40 AM »
An interview with Dempo’s Densill Theobald
By Arunava Chaudhuri (sportskeeda.com)

Trinidad & Tobago midfielder Densill Theobald is set to arrive in Goa in the coming days after he signed an eight month contract with Dempo SC. The long-time Trinidad & Tobago international, who captained his national side in an international friendly against India on August 21, had impressed interim India coach Armando Colaco, who also happens to be Dempo’s club secretary and a deal was struck.

29 year old Densill Theobald is an experienced footballer, who has played in Scotland (Falkirk), Hungary (Újpest FC) besides playing in the local T&T Pro League for Joe Public and until recently Caledonia AIA.

Through my friend Shaun Fuentes, the T&T Football Federation Media Officer, I was able to do an interview with Densill before he left Port of Spain and arrives in Goa.

You are heading off to India, to a new chapter in your career. Tell us a little bit more about it.

It is a new challenge for me. I spoke to Cricketers Brian Lara and Dwayne Bravo plus Cyd Gray (a footballer formerly with Pune FC) and they had only good things to say about Indian culture and its people. So it is something I am looking forward to!

Did you know anything about Indian football before the international friendly?

Honestly, not really.

You played last month against India at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. What are your observations from the game? What did you think about Team India?

Their football was decent, it was challenging and they gave us a good game, but our football is much stronger or rather I should say our national team is much stronger. But club football and national football is different, then when one brings international players into the league, it raises the level and that is something they seem to be doing in India.

So now you can be one of the ambassadors of Indian football back in the Caribbean?

Off course! Then I also see it as a business adventure and it’s also about creating links between the Caribbean and India in football.

You have played in Scotland, Hungary and at home in the T&T Pro League; is this a challenge that you want at this stage of your career?

Most definitely! I wanted a new scenery, a new training atmosphere, new vibes and stuff like that. I just wanted to accept this challenge after talking to the people at Dempo’s. This is a challenge that I am looking forward to with great confidence and I hope everything works out fine. Hopefully it is successful and I can open doors for other players from my country to come and play in India.

Regarding your national team, the Soca Warriors. The 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign is still on. Will you come back once the call is made?

Yeah, most definitely! I see it as an honour to represent my country. I made it clear to the club, if I do get a call from the national team it shouldn’t be a problem for them to release me. It was agreed that national team comes first!

What did you learn about India and its football before signing for Dempo?

I did some research through the Internet. I have learned that they (Dempo) are one of the top teams in India. Have had success, played in the Asian Champions League and the AFC Cup. It’s a well travelled team, a well known team in India and they have a good profile of the club, which augurs well for me.

What do you expect from your stint in India?

(laughs) Like I said before, I see it as a chance to be successful, make a name for myself and open doors for other players to come and play in the Indian league! Plus also help the club (Dempo) be successful during the season and win trophies.

I wish you all the best with Dempo’s!

Thanks man!

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 25, 2011, 10:45:40 AM »
I eh frighten for meh player! He goh conquer dis league and get d international exposure dat is needed for him right now! He goh reach back Europe soon... I eh friten ah tall!  Do yuh ting Bleedah! blank out all negativity from here onwards... only positive vibez yuh want around yuh!  See yuh next month for d qualifiers!

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 26, 2011, 12:21:08 PM »
Before allyuh lambast d man for going to India.  Look at the part of India he's going.....GOA....Former Portuguese district....supposedly still very Portuguese...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 26, 2011, 12:35:06 PM »
Any bets on how long this arrangement will last?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dempo seek Fifa's help for release of Densill
« Reply #342 on: October 19, 2011, 04:13:30 AM »
Dempo seek Fifa's help for release of Densill
The Times of India

With the I-League 2011-12 commencing from October 22, Dempo seems to be a bit worried as they have still not been able to register their foreigner Densill Theobald from Trinidad & Tobago and have now sought Fifa's help in this regard.

Densill who is central to coach Armando Colaco has arrived in Goa but Dempo have not been able to complete the transfer formalities due to what has been declared as a "technical snag".

Densill has played for Caledonia AIA FC in the Trinidad & Tobago Pro-League but does not have a professional contract with the club.

Previously, the midfielder who did duty for his country at the Fifa World Cup 2006, has last played for Uspest FC in Hungary, when applying for a transfer.

"We applied for his transfer but the request was rejected since he had last played in T&T and not Hungary. We have now written to Fifa and are hopeful of securing the player's release at the earliest," said a Dempo official.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 19, 2011, 05:36:42 AM »
so who really suppose to release him? Trinidad or Hungary? let the man get on with his career in India !!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Dempo seeks Fifa’s help for Theobald
« Reply #344 on: October 21, 2011, 11:38:57 PM »
Doh know if this has already been posted somewhere else on the board or if there is a Theobald thread!

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/10/21/dempo-seeks-fifa-s-help-theobald

Dempo seeks Fifa’s help for Theobald
Published: Fri, 2011-10-21 01:11

With the I-League 2011-12 commencing from tomorrow, Dempo are worried as they have still not registered T&T’s Densill Theobald  and are seeking FIFA’s help. Theobald who is central to coach Armando Colaco has arrived in Goa but Dempo have not been able to complete the transfer formalities due to what has been declared as a “technical snag”.

Theobald has played for Caledonia AIA but does not have a professional contract with the club.Previously, the midfielder who did duty for his country at the Fifa World Cup 2006, last played for Uspest FC in Hungary, when applying for a transfer. “We applied for his transfer but the request was rejected since he last played in T&T and not Hungary. We have now written to FIFA and are hopeful of securing the player’s release at the earliest,” said a Dempo official.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:41:20 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Densill Theobald move to Dempo: What happened?
« Reply #345 on: October 29, 2011, 06:33:30 AM »
By Somesh Upadhyay (indianfootballnetwork.com)

There was a huge splash about high-profile move of Trinidadian World Cupper Densill Theobald to the former Indian champions Dempo SC, recently. But even after 2 rounds of play, Dempo does not have Densil to show. What has really become of the transfer? Let’s hear it.

Dempo are in a soup regarding transfer documents of Densill. When Dempo decided to move him to India, he was playing with the local club Caledonia AIA in Trinidad & Tobago. But, when the club officials were contacted for transfer papers, it became clear that Densill had no official contract with Caledonia AIA and was still ‘technically’ contracted with Hungarian side Ujpest FC. In that case Dempo would have had to pay huge transfer fee to the Hungarian side for taking Densill. Trapped in this awkward circumstance, Dempo appealed to FIFA committee for letting them include Densill in their team. But now FIFA has rejected the plea. So, Densill cannot play for Dempo as of now giving relief to the competing teams in I-league. However, Densill can be included in the team roster after the January transfer window. Till then, he is allowed to practice with the Dempo team.

Interestingly, Dempo are looking quite comfortable without his services. They comfortably beat defending Champions Salgaocar SC in their opening match of I-League 2011. Inclusion of Densill will make Dempo a powerhouse for sure, given he is in his peak form.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 29, 2011, 07:13:04 AM »
Free Bleeder  :beermug:

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 29, 2011, 12:33:10 PM »
By Somesh Upadhyay (indianfootballnetwork.com)

There was a huge splash about high-profile move of Trinidadian World Cupper Densill Theobald to the former Indian champions Dempo SC, recently. But even after 2 rounds of play, Dempo does not have Densil to show. What has really become of the transfer? Let’s hear it.

Dempo are in a soup regarding transfer documents of Densill. When Dempo decided to move him to India, he was playing with the local club Caledonia AIA in Trinidad & Tobago. But, when the club officials were contacted for transfer papers, it became clear that Densill had no official contract with Caledonia AIA and was still ‘technically’ contracted with Hungarian side Ujpest FC. In that case Dempo would have had to pay huge transfer fee to the Hungarian side for taking Densill. Trapped in this awkward circumstance, Dempo appealed to FIFA committee for letting them include Densill in their team. But now FIFA has rejected the plea. So, Densill cannot play for Dempo as of now giving relief to the competing teams in I-league. However, Densill can be included in the team roster after the January transfer window. Till then, he is allowed to practice with the Dempo team.

Interestingly, Dempo are looking quite comfortable without his services. They comfortably beat defending Champions Salgaocar SC in their opening match of I-League 2011. Inclusion of Densill will make Dempo a powerhouse for sure, given he is in his peak form.

ah weak..

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 29, 2011, 12:38:43 PM »
How come there's always some contract issue with a lot our players overseas? Now Densill's move is blocked due to his former Hungarian club having the rights to his contract. It's about time our clubs, administration, players, agents, etc. learn these rules! Several of our players keep running into road blocks :banginghead:

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 29, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »
like these agents dont pay attention to detail? really theres always some kind of mishap with a contract when it comes to our players. this is getting frustrating, let our players play.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 29, 2011, 02:04:09 PM »
This is the kind of thing an FPATT should deal with. educate the memebers and follow-up to make sure they not caught in some nonsense.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 29, 2011, 02:17:44 PM »
I blame Caledonia completely for this situation. they profess to be a professional club yet dont know the status of their players. Then like a thief want to sell another teams player........alot of questions jump to mind here.

1) IF bleeder is still contracted in hungary....does this mean he's been on loan to Caeldonia all this time?
2) If on loan......what's the duration of said loan.
3) He's not contracted to Caledonia....does that imply that the professional Club Caledonia AIA has been fielding an illegal player all this time?
4) What does the PFL have to say about this matter? Do they know the status of Theobald?
5) Did Caledonia try to cash in on a player contracted to another team?
6) Does Theobald even know the contract he signed in hungary and the present status of it?

etc etc etc..........

Otto spoke of it ..... players not being aware of the contracts that they put pen to paper.

Lets see how this "professionally" evolves.....

:beermug:

Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 29, 2011, 05:20:48 PM »
I blame Caledonia completely for this situation. they profess to be a professional club yet dont know the status of their players. Then like a thief want to sell another teams player........alot of questions jump to mind here.

1) IF bleeder is still contracted in hungary....does this mean he's been on loan to Caeldonia all this time?
2) If on loan......what's the duration of said loan.
3) He's not contracted to Caledonia....does that imply that the professional Club Caledonia AIA has been fielding an illegal player all this time?
4) What does the PFL have to say about this matter? Do they know the status of Theobald?
5) Did Caledonia try to cash in on a player contracted to another team?
6) Does Theobald even know the contract he signed in hungary and the present status of it?

etc etc etc..........

Otto spoke of it ..... players not being aware of the contracts that they put pen to paper.

Lets see how this "professionally" evolves.....

:beermug:

Out of curiosity, Densil signed with the Hungarian club in 2007............for him to be still contracted to them, then he must have signed a 5 year deal.

Otto was right, we treating them like animals!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 30, 2011, 02:04:33 PM »
^^^Maybe he signed with them for life, who knows...

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 30, 2011, 02:10:43 PM »
Smells like number 5
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 30, 2011, 02:34:42 PM »
So if he was contracted...why wasnt he playing? Was he getting paid all this time by the club as per his contract?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 31, 2011, 12:22:27 PM »
Surprise, surprise  ::)
Hart for president

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 31, 2011, 07:23:09 PM »
Like my country really becoming a banana republic in trute?!  :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dempo hold on to Theobald...waits unitl January for league action
« Reply #358 on: October 31, 2011, 08:25:49 PM »
Dempo hold on to Theobald...waits unitl January for league action
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Densill Theobald will have to wait until January 1 before he can make his official debut for Dempo SC in the Indian League after the club was denied a request for his international clearance.

Theobald on Monday revealed that the club appealed the initial turn down but was again denied which means that they will now have to await the January transfer window before the deal can be completed which will allow him to play for the club in official competition. Dempo has however decided to hold on to Theobald despite his inability to represent the club in the I-League until January following his initial six-month deal.

“It’s been a disappointing period for me but I’m being patient at the moment and I will now have to wait a further two months before I can play in the League for Dempo. I’ve continued training on a daily basis with the club and they have been very good to me since I came here and even through this period. I have already played for the club in a few non-League games and I’ve settled in so it’s just a matter of waiting out the next two months,”  the  ex-Caledonia player told TTFF Media.

Theobaldwas denied the clearance due to the fact that he was not under contract with Caledonia but instead his last contract was with Hungarian club Ujpest FC which subsequently ended before he returned to Caledonia. The circumstances meant Dempo would  possibly have had to pay Ujpest a transfer fee. FIFA subsequently denied a plea by Dempo to allow Theobald the necessary clearance for him to be an eligible player in the I-League.

Dempo head coach Armando Coleco said he would continue to keep Theobald in his plans between now and January and  beyond.

“When he got the news, obviously he was s devastated but the next day in training he worked  very hard which to me shows the character  and personality he brings to Dempo. He's a great person on and off the field and for that reason I asked the chairman to keep him on board because he's central to my plans,” Colaco said.

Club president Srinivas Dempo added “ Densill is a knowledgeable and experience player. You can see he has the experience of playing in a World Cup based on how he looked in the two friendly games so far. He’s humble and I like that about him. He shows respect and love to all of us here and we are giving him that back in return. His family isn’t over but he’s always in a good mood. When the coach asked me for us to keep him at the club it was an easy decision for me to take.”

Theobald, a past T&T captain,  has scored two goals in four matches for Dempo  so far.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 31, 2011, 11:10:46 PM »
LOUDDDDDDDDDDD
STEUPSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>