April 20, 2024, 04:04:46 AM

Author Topic: Densill Theobald Thread  (Read 114297 times)

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald may sign in India ?
« Reply #360 on: November 01, 2011, 03:12:36 PM »
Transfer fee to Ujpest FC  ??? ??? ???

Theobaldwas denied the clearance due to the fact that he was not under contract with Caledonia but instead his last contract was with Hungarian club Ujpest FC which subsequently ended before he returned to Caledonia.

doh know what de fack they does be signing..............

what does the PFL have to say about this situation?? Was Theobald "legal" to be playing with Caledonia??

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald may sign in India ?
« Reply #361 on: November 01, 2011, 04:25:33 PM »
stay strong Bleeder... and Train de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Densill Theobald to debut for Dempo SC against Air India on Wednesday
« Reply #362 on: January 16, 2012, 11:49:32 AM »
Densill Theobald to debut for Dempo SC against Air India on Wednesday
By Anselm Noronha (goal.com)

Dempo SC's Densill Theobald's registration is finally complete and the midfielder is set to play his first match for the former champions against Air India on Wednesday.

Theobald has been training with the Goan outfit for about a month, while the club have received the player's international transfer certificate through FIFA's TMS (Transfer Matching System) at 18.30 IST, club representative Jonathan D'Souza informed Goal.com.

Meanwhile, the head coach Armando Colaco confirmed that the 2006 World-cupper will be part of the traveling squad for the team's next match against Air India in Pune.

"Densill Thoebald is making his debut on Wednesday against Air India. He's a good midfielder who has played at the international level with Trinidad and Tobago," said Colaco.

Dempo SC are also close to completing their foreign quota with Japanese attacking midfielder Yusuke Kato for the I-League season in the Asian player segment.

"The Japanese (Kato) is coming on 22nd [of January] and we'll have a look at him. We'll see how good he is, that he has played in Argentina also," the coach further revealed.

Talking about their next match against Air India, whom Dempo defeated 14-0 last season but succummed to with a 2-0 loss in December, Colaco stated that his team are yet to recover from the mid-season loss of form.

"We are actually not playing our game lately," he said, but exerted his confidence in his side. "A couple of results haven't gone in our favour, but I'm still confident in my boys."

The 58-year-old tactician admitted, "The boys have been putting their shoulders down at the moment, but I'm sure we will regroup and play the 'Dempo' style of football soon."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Densill Theobald to debut for Dempo SC against Air India on Wednesday
« Reply #363 on: January 16, 2012, 03:56:26 PM »
The trini Theo & Kato...ah like it

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Densill Theobald stars on debut as Colaco’s men clinch another three points
« Reply #364 on: January 18, 2012, 06:56:18 AM »
Densill Theobald stars on debut as Colaco’s men clinch another three points
By Ayush Srivastava (goal.com)

Dempo SC registered a comfortable 3-1 win over hosts Air India in an I-League round 15 clash at the Balewadi stadium in Pune.

Ranti Martins missed a penalty in the first half but scored twice after the break with his strike partner Koko Sakibo’s goal sandwiched in between. Sandeep Sangha reduced the deficit in injury time for the Airmen.

For the visitors, Densill Theobald made his first start in the central midfield, while Air India started with their own two foreign recruits – Henry Ezeh and Takayuki Omi upfront.

Dempo won a corner seconds after the kick-off, from which they managed a tame effort on goal which was easily collected by goalkeeper Pawan Kumar.

Thereafter Densill Theobald started dominating the midfield and helped the Goan side create a plethora of opportunities. First the Trinidad & Tobago midfielder himself struck a fierce shot which was palmed away by Kumar which was followed by a chance at the far post from which the goalkeeper once again came out better from an Anthony Pereira attempt.

It was however, Ranti Martins to whom the best chance from open play fell, as Anthony’s low cross found him right in front of the goal but the Nigerian’s shot was somehow saved by the brilliant Kumar in goal yet again.

The Nigerian got a chance to make amends soon, as he took on the responsibility of taking a penalty won by Koko Sakibo, after the forward was bought down in the box. However Ranti yet again couldn’t find a way past the Airmen’s custodian, who brilliantly palmed away his effort.

The saved penalty seemed to spur the home side on, as they suddenly started posing a bigger threat to the league leaders and Henry Ezeh had two chances to put them ahead, but he fluffed his lines.

Just before half-time they went even closer as a free-kick whipped into the box saw Mahesh Gawli’s header come off his own crossbar which was turned out to be the last chance of the half, as both teams went into the break tied at 0-0.

In the second half, both the teams came out and played some decent attacking brand of football. Air India meanwhile were down to 10 men as Pratik Chowdhury picked up a second yellow card and was sent off.

Dempo capitalized on their numerical advantage almost immediately, as Ranti Martins finally managed to force the ball in, which followed after Cressan Antao’s ball into the box sparked a goalmouth scramble. Pawan Kumar managed to thwart a first attempt from Dempo, the ball fell kindly for the Nigerian striker to score his 16th goal of the season.

The goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of the home side as they had no reply to Dempo’s brilliant passing game. Koko Sakibo then thought he had put the Goan outfit further ahead, but his celebrations were cut-short by the linesman’s flag, which was up for offside.

In a desperate attempt to salvage something from the tie, Santosh Kashyap threw in Manandeep Singh for the ineffectual Takayuki Omi. However it was the visitors who found the net again, as Densil Theobald set up Sakibo, who calmly slotted the ball to the left of the helpless Pawan Kumar in the 79th minute.

Air India were then offered an unexpected way back into the tie as Royston D’Souza’s won them a penalty. Henry Ezeh sent the ball into the orbit, much to the disappointment of the Air India faithful.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Densill takes up Dempo offer on Lara's advice
« Reply #365 on: January 18, 2012, 11:42:53 AM »
Densill takes up Dempo offer on Lara's advice
Hindustan Times

For Densill Theobald from Trinidad and Tobago (T&T), coming all the way to India wasn't a tough ask. If coach Armando Colaco's warmth and Dempo's success in Indian football required more conviction, help was just a call away. And when good friends Brian Lara and the Bravo brothers tell you that a stint in the country is worth a shot, you know it really is.

The 29-year-old was spotted by Colaco on a visit to the Caribbean island, and such was the connect between them, that the coach knew he had found his ‘leader’.

“After (Cristiano) Junior passed away (due to a freak on field clash during the 2004 Federation Cup), I found Beto who had taken up the role of a guide. But after his move to Churchill, Dempo missed their leader. I think I’ve found my man,” he said, after watching Densill thrive in the right midfield against Air India.

All three goals on the day came off Densill’s feeds, which were nothing short of elegant. Maybe it was the result of sitting on Dempo’s rosters for four months, awaiting the International Transfer Certificate to finally play. But with the time effectively used to train with the team in Goa, adapting to the ‘Dempo style of football’ was never a bother.

Before the arrival though, Densill called his cricket buddies for a taste of India. “They asked me to definitely go give it a shot, while warning me to stay away from the spicy curries,” he smiled. “Dempo has been a wonderful family to be part of and as long as I have the passion to train and the desire to win, I want to play here,” he said.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Densill: Dempo's new Beto
« Reply #366 on: January 18, 2012, 07:29:56 PM »
Densill: Dempo's new Beto
By Kunaal Majgaonkar (The Times of India)

He comes from a land where 'coolness' is a norm and Densill Theobald refuses to be a rebel.

The midfielder from Trinidad and Tobago made his debut for Dempo against Air India at Pune on Wednesday and he lived up to every bit of the hype a World Cupper brings along with him. But calmer than the way he goes about those passes on the field is the way he talks.

Densill, who featured in all the three group games for the Soca Warriors in FIFA's showpiece at Germany in 2006, recalls every moment of the dream chance with the widest of smiles.

"The World Cup is the most beautiful thing in football and the first time I walked out to play against Sweden has to be the sweetest memory," says Theobald, who has been training with the Goan club for three months but couldn't play owing to glitches in his transfer deal.

Ask him what the game against high-profile England was like and Densill has funny recollections. "Steven Gerrard is a player I admire and to play against him was a dream come true."

Ask him if he threw some hard tackles at the Liverpool ace and Densill sheepishly admits he picked up a yellow card for pulling back Gerrard.

"He was just too fast for me and the only way I was stopping him was by pulling his jersey."

Densill's only regret was not being able to swap the jersey he tugged at all along the game. "I was taken for random blood test as soon as the game ended and missed catching Gerrard for his shirt," says Densill.

For someone from the Caribbean, you couldn't have not held a beer can or a cricket bat at some point in your life and Densill says he knows a fair bit about the game that India breathes. "Brian Lara, Dwayne and Darren Bravo are good friends. I know the respect Lara gets in India."

Densill even managed to take some pointers about India from Lara and the only 'vice' he has been told to keep away from is curry. "Brian told me that India is a fantastic country and that I'd discover new things everyday and he hasn't been wrong. It's just the food, he warned, that I have to be careful about!" says Densill.

Though he misses the sands of home, Densill is too much of a professional to get homesick. "I am here on a job and that job is to help Dempo win the I-League title. This is my new family and I am delighted to be in India and with Dempo," he says.

Coach Armand Colaco is all praise for his newest ace. "He knows the Dempo style of play and is a good reader of the game. In time, he will make for a good leader. It was frustrating not to be able to play him but all that has changed now. I have found my new Beto in Densill," said Colaco.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Densill Theobald to debut for Dempo SC against Air India on Wednesday
« Reply #367 on: January 18, 2012, 10:32:02 PM »
gee dem bleeder kumar

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Densill Theobald.
« Reply #368 on: April 10, 2012, 04:07:06 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jO6jehCbyFw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jO6jehCbyFw</a>

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 10, 2012, 10:52:54 PM »
i swear is plenty bad pass in da higlight reel tho
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

truetrini

« Reply #370 on: April 11, 2012, 01:18:58 AM »
Thanks Tallman.  Bleeder is a decent down to earth brother who has served T&T football faithfully and with honor.  Good passer of the ball and a Trini thru and thru.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 11, 2012, 11:21:33 AM »
aye

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Theobald enjoys title success as Dempo wins Indian league
« Reply #372 on: April 25, 2012, 08:29:45 AM »
Theobald enjoys title success as Dempo wins Indian league.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Not much Trinidad and Tobago players have celebrated overseas League title success in recent times but 2006 World Cup team midfielder Densill Theobald can add his list to the names of players who have won silverware outside of this country.

This, after his Dempo Sports club extended its supremacy in Indian football by picking up its third I-League title in six seasons last Friday.

Dempo held its closest rivals Kolkata East Bengal to a 0-0 draw at the Nehru Stadium, Fatorda to go clear at the top of the table with 54 points from 25 matches.

Theobald missed the game due to stomach problems but was hailed as one of the instrumental players behind Dempo’s success this season. He played ten games helping them to seven wins and a draw in the process.

Theobald was delighted to be part of the success.

“It’s a great feeling to win an overseas title. I’ve enjoyed success at the local level with Caledonia AIA and of course going to the World Cup in 2006 was unbelievable but to be part of an effort by a team in a place like India fits right up there with the top moments in my career,” Theobald told TTFF Media.

“Coming to India has proven to be a decision I have not regretted. The club is very professional and the people are all very passionate about football and they showed that throughout my time here. Now we have to look forward to the playoffs for a spot in the Asian Champions League and that is definitely something I would like to be part of,” he added.

Theobald, a former player with Scottish club Falkirk FC and Ujpest FC in Hungary, a club which former T&T head coach Leo Beenhakker later took up a position with.

And now Theobald is set to hold talks over a new deal with Dempo which had signed him for one season after their head coach Armando Colaco spotted him T&T’s 3-0 win over India last year at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Popular football site Goal.com which had its India-based correspondents following the I-League, rated Theobald as one of influential players behind Dempo’s success.

“Theobald Has Added Class To Dempo's Midfield. The Trinidad and Tobago international came into the team after the season was well underway, as issues related to his international clearance papers held up his debut, which he made only in January against Air India.

However the former World Cupper was an instant hit, helping the team overcome a minor blip in form, after the club registered losses against Churchill Brothers and East Bengal.

“The midfielder's accomplished playmaking skills and general movement on the pitch was breathtaking at times as he and Climax Lawrence formed a high quality pair in the centre of the pitch. Easily one of classiest midfielders on display in the league this term,” Goal.com stated.

Dempo SC is owned by the Dempo Group which specializes  in  Iron Ore Mining and Export Operations, and also ventures in manufacturing calcined petroleum coke, pig iron, baby foods, and ship building & repair, newspaper publishing, the travel business, and wind energy generation.

Shrinivas V. Dempo is the chairman of the Dempo Group which is expected to reward the Dempo players for their League success.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:39:59 AM by Flex »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald enjoys title success as Dempo wins Indian league
« Reply #373 on: April 25, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »
big up bleeder.

that mean dempo in the afc cup which is a rout to the afc champions league. long hard road though.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 25, 2012, 10:03:09 AM »
Congrats to Bleeder!  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: April 25, 2012, 01:48:13 PM »
enjoy man...yuh better off out dey

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 26, 2012, 06:42:31 AM »
I hope he can get a contract in one of the other Asian countries like Japan,Korea,Iran or one of the better Arab countries.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 26, 2012, 12:35:00 PM »
come eeeen all ah all yuh waggonist!!!!!!  ah waiting!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 26, 2012, 02:43:16 PM »
Congrats!!!! He might meet J-LLoyd team from Iran in the ACL. Who knws!!!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 26, 2012, 03:48:02 PM »
come eeeen all ah all yuh waggonist!!!!!!  ah waiting!!!!
         Don't take them on they laugh at him when he left for India,they laugh at those guys that gone Vietnam too,they should go to Europe.Pfitzer said they are being used as animals by gredy agents,he have better options for them.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 05, 2012, 12:14:29 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eVQRuGa-rmM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eVQRuGa-rmM</a>

truetrini

« Reply #381 on: June 05, 2012, 12:35:26 PM »
Nice interview Bleeder..humble and professional.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 05, 2012, 01:58:37 PM »
Yes very nice, indeed.  He growing up man.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 05, 2012, 02:33:28 PM »
Congrats ... trophy is trophy.

Fuentes ... look out! Bakes coming.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 05, 2012, 02:55:46 PM »
Its difficult to understand why this bloke isn't with a club in England,at least in the Championship.I wonder if what he did while in Scotland is counting against him,I would like to see him again for TT.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 05, 2012, 03:51:30 PM »
Great accomplishment man. De man have to make a living in trute but I also understand where de Nationalists and dem coming from. De longer he stay there, de less games he will get in for T&T. Jes a matter of fact situation.  It is what it is.  We all want to be happy with what we doing. If Bleeder happy, hats off to him. Life goes on.  :cheers:

Asylum: Explain what yuh mean by a trophy is a trophy. I'm actually very curious about this comment.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Successful Indian stint inspires Theobald revitalization
« Reply #386 on: June 06, 2012, 05:02:18 AM »
Successful Indian stint inspires Theobald revitalization
ttproleague.com

Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Densill Theobald calls for new challenges following a successful five-month loan stint with Indian club Dempo SC in the I-League.

The 29-yearold Caledonia AIA player returned home three weeks ago with an I-League winner’s medal and memories that will surely last a lifetime.

It was the third championship (2007-2008, 2009-2010 and 2011-2012) success by Dempo since the introduction of the I-League in 2007 and it was revealed this week that Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan, who owns Indian Premier League (IPL) champions Kolkata Knight Riders, has shown interest in picking up stakes in the club and talks are at an initial stage.

Meantime in Trinidad, Theobald, who is cherishing time with his daughters, 5 year old Faith James and 2 year old Jada-Lee Theobald, remains in a positive mode despite no new talks yet with Dempo and or TT Pro League club Caledonia over his future.

“I believe greatness is next for me,” said the 2006 Trinidad and Tobago World Cup midfielder. “The way how I feel right now, I believe that only great things are in store for me.”

He continued, “I would like to continue playing abroad, but we don’t know what the future holds. We’re not God, so whatever direction he chooses for me I would humbly accept with the right focus and give it my best with the right attitude and the right way of living and doing things.

“If it’s [God’s] will that I stay home and play in the Pro League, then I would just have to accept it. But personally, I would like other challenges and move on and continue my career abroad.”

Theobald was spotted by Dempo and India Men’s Senior Team manager Armando Colaço last August during an international between T&T and India at the Hasely Crawford Stadium as part of the visitors’ Caribbean tour. T&T won that match 3-0.

“I put [all the negatives] behind and just focused on contributing in whatever way I can contribute to help (Dempo) win the Championship …which we did,” Theobald said.

“It was a great feeling after all the hard work we put in, after all the sacrifice made being away from families and friends. It was a great feeling that I was able to accomplish the main goal which was winning the Championship. It was a really great feeling because it was my first ever Championship.”

Theobald began his football with the Jean Lillywhite coaching school and went on to represent Canadian side Toronto Olympians(2000), Caledonia AIA(2002, 2004-2005, 2006-2007, 2008-2011), Joe Public(2003), Scottish club Falkirk(2005-2006) and  Hungarian club Újpest FC(2007).

In India there wasn’t much of a language barrier for Theobald as “most people speak English besides their own language” according to the player.

“In Goa where I stayed, they speak Konkani(Indo-Aryan language belonging to the Indo-European family of languages). They spoke their language with each other, but when they wanted to speak with me, they spoke English which was good for me.”

As for the cuisine, Theobald said, “The people lived on curry and massala everyday and it was difficult for me to live on that diet, so I mixed it up. I would visit some international restaurants, make a meal myself and there were some Nigerians I made good friends with, so I was able to eat some Nigerian food as well.”

Theobald’s stint in India became more than an I-League Championship medal and the difference in culture, food, people and atmosphere.

He explained, “The good thing about going to India and being by myself, is that I was able to look within myself and truly find myself, and change the way I think in some situations. [That’s why I believe] only great things are in store for me once I continue keeping the focus, the passion and desire going.

It is important for me to keep working hard as well. I have to keep that focus because if I want to achieve great things in the future I need to keep focus and keep working hard.”

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Successful Indian stint inspires Theobald revitalization
« Reply #387 on: June 06, 2012, 06:25:23 AM »
He's only 29?? He's seems like 40... To me it was a long time ago when Latapy gave him the hook up to bench for Falkirk.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Successful Indian stint inspires Theobald revitalization
« Reply #388 on: June 06, 2012, 09:22:31 AM »
The little I saw of him tells me that he should easily play for TT again,I hope he does.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 06, 2012, 03:03:42 PM »
I mean several things:

1. This validates the decision to go to India and eases the tribulation/uncertainty of having to sit for several weeks while his paperwork got sorted out.
2. Winning anything competitve in sport has a distinctive feel. If tomorrow de next youth looking to fly de country geh signed to play in Malta or de Faroe Islands, dey looking to win! Winners want to win wherever they go. Dahis de trophy is trophy mentality.
3. Bleeder was in an environment playing for a team that apparently knows how to win (winning tradition). The squad lived up to expectation. Things could have gone differently on and off the field. I eh talk to de man, buh ah gehhin de sense that he ranks this experience as a lil more rewarding overall than the experience with Ujpest.
4. While some prizes in sport are more coveted than others, on a personal level we have to grab the ones that are realistically available to us.
5. Anybody who ever finish 4th and hadda watch a medal ceremony understands the gap between reward and effort.

Winning is infectious ... after that yuh eh want to lose again.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:07:49 PM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>