April 19, 2024, 07:27:45 AM

Author Topic: Densill Theobald Thread  (Read 114178 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald enjoys title success as Dempo wins Indian league
« Reply #390 on: June 06, 2012, 05:55:01 PM »
bleed on
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Successful Indian stint inspires Theobald revitalization
« Reply #391 on: June 06, 2012, 05:58:23 PM »
bleed on
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 07, 2012, 11:03:09 AM »
I mean several things:

1. This validates the decision to go to India and eases the tribulation/uncertainty of having to sit for several weeks while his paperwork got sorted out.
2. Winning anything competitve in sport has a distinctive feel. If tomorrow de next youth looking to fly de country geh signed to play in Malta or de Faroe Islands, dey looking to win! Winners want to win wherever they go. Dahis de trophy is trophy mentality.
3. Bleeder was in an environment playing for a team that apparently knows how to win (winning tradition). The squad lived up to expectation. Things could have gone differently on and off the field. I eh talk to de man, buh ah gehhin de sense that he ranks this experience as a lil more rewarding overall than the experience with Ujpest.
4. While some prizes in sport are more coveted than others, on a personal level we have to grab the ones that are realistically available to us.
5. Anybody who ever finish 4th and hadda watch a medal ceremony understands the gap between reward and effort.

Winning is infectious ... after that yuh eh want to lose again.
:applause:

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 08, 2012, 01:28:18 AM »
Boss answer, Asylum...nuff respect.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Theobald rejoins Caledonia fold
« Reply #394 on: August 21, 2012, 04:27:55 PM »
Theobald rejoins Caledonia fold
ttproleague.com

Midfielder Densill Theobald is likely to suit up in Caledonia’s return leg Concacaf Champions’ League Group Four match against Major League Soccer club Seattle Sounders on Thursday 30 August.

The 29 year old Trinidad and Tobago midfielder is in the process of formalizing his return to the Morvant-Laventille club for the first time since leaving back in 2011 for what turned out a successful stint in the Indian League with eventual 2011-12 champions Dempo SC.

However since returning to Trinidad back in May, Theobald pursued a renewal in India and an option in Hungary, however both fell through.

His late registration at Caledonia puts him out of selection for Wednesday’s home match against visiting Honduran club CD Marathon from 8pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium as the Caribbean Football Union Club Champions hunts points since falling to a 3-1 defeat against Sounders in Washington on August 2.

“Densill is back with the club but wouldn’t feature against Marathon on Wednesday because his paper work is still in process,” confirmed Caledonia AIA Technical Director Jamaal Shabazz.

“He has been in-between overseas trips and he has decided that the best thing for him now is to rejoin Caledonia and also it’s a good decision. We have discussed his career because he is one of our brothers who don’t do things on his own. We discussed a lot and we think it’s the best option for him right now to stay and play for the club while he have some things in the pipeline overseas and when it opens up, he will go.

He is a longstanding player and we are happy to give him his jacket to start to work,” ended Shabazz.

“I decided to come back and give to Caledonia AIA, after deals in Hungary and India fell through,” said Theobald.

It’s not unusual for Theobald’s return.

He began his football at the Jean Lillywhite coaching school and went on to represent Canadian side Toronto Olympians(2000) before starting his career at Caledonia (2002, 2004-2005, 2006-2007, 2008-2011) which was interjected by stints with Joe Public(2003), Scottish club Falkirk(2005-2006) and  Hungarian club Újpest FC(2007).

“My heart have always been with Cale’,” explained Theobald. “I’m forever committed to the cause. Now let’s hope that my being here can do well for the team.”

Caledonia (0 points) and Marathon (0 points) are hoping to keep close to Group Four leader Sounders (3 points), as only the top team from the three-team group advances into the quarter-final round of the Concacaf Champions’ League.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald rejoins Caledonia fold
« Reply #395 on: August 21, 2012, 05:39:50 PM »
A club is a club yes.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 21, 2012, 06:04:05 PM »
How much f00cking time he go rejoin Caledonia.

Like he cah even make in INDIA a place where any SSFL standout could play...?   :rotfl:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 22, 2012, 10:02:52 AM »
he did good in India, they win the league and he was playing right through.

Nothing wrong with coming back home.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 25, 2012, 01:08:50 AM »
Now Cali will definitely stand a good chance of making d second round.  Happy for you bleeder. Doh let no forces dispirit yuh! Play yuh fitball and show dem class

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 25, 2012, 07:30:56 PM »
Now Cali will definitely stand a good chance of making d second round.  Happy for you bleeder. Doh let no forces dispirit yuh! Play yuh fitball and show dem class

2nd round of what?  You could not be speaking of the concacaf champions league
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 26, 2012, 06:28:42 AM »

Kiffy!!!!  Long time no see!!  Good to see yuh man, good to see yuh...... :)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Densill Theobald
« Reply #401 on: March 24, 2013, 07:31:31 PM »
Densill Theobald is a magnificent player. Everything going forward should go thru this man.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:46:10 AM by Flex »

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Densil Theobald
« Reply #402 on: March 24, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »
Talk done!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 24, 2013, 08:47:46 PM »
Kiffy tings nice wit u Xmas 4 u in Easter nuff peeps biggin up Densil.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 24, 2013, 09:34:49 PM »
Is this a prank thread?

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 25, 2013, 02:42:56 AM »
Is this a prank thread?

Theobald, classed as ah 'MAGNIFICENT PLAYER' based on ah performance against Belize..........me thinks I am having to come tuh the same conclusion.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 25, 2013, 03:59:33 AM »
MAGNIFICENT PLAYER ??? the club in flnland did not think so ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 25, 2013, 04:16:55 AM »
Densil is a very good mid field player with many good parts to his game,I first saw him against Wales and thought then,what a good player,what a shame he walked out on Falkirk he is at least worth a contract with a League 1 or Championship club in England or somewhere in Europe.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #408 on: March 25, 2013, 04:36:29 AM »
Technically, I believe Theobald is one of the better locally based players today, he is a smart player that keeps it simple and he is discipline, he is a player coaches would love to coach because he can carryout orders to suit..... However....IMO

The problem with Theobald is, he is a one dimensional player and does not have the energy to make an impact (rise the level) to the game if T&T is in a hole and is pushing for a win (most of the times). Can he do it, it depends on the given day and if he is up for up, so consistency comes into play.

He needs to also do more forward threading passes (split defenses) instead of using the sides or the man next to him most of the times. Change the play sometimes, take a shot at goal from on top of the box (Lampard). Do something different that will spark your teammates, he is the captain and a senior to others on the team and must lead by example.

Theo's ability of play will always shine against weaker teams but outside of the region he will struggle because he will not be given time on the ball to make better passes or better decisions. Yes, he'll get a pass threaded through sometimes, but from an overall aspect, he will struggle if he doesn't try to improve these little deficiencies.

I do not know the terms of his contract, but Ujpest, Falkirk and even Dempo of India did not hold on to him as hoped. His trail in Finland earlier this year also came up null, while most of the other players from the T&T pro league were offered contracts, again, I do not know the terms, just throwing something out here.

Jamal Shabazz has been a God father for him, hence the reason of his automatic selection. He is good if T&T wants to play procession football. He however, should not be an automatic pick especially with a full strength team, but locally, yes, cause he brings something to the table.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:27:09 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Densill Theobald
« Reply #409 on: March 25, 2013, 05:27:51 AM »
Densil is a very good mid field player with many good parts to his game,I first saw him against Wales and thought then,what a good player,what a shame he walked out on Falkirk he is at least worth a contract with a League 1 or Championship club in England or somewhere in Europe.

He is a good player.....magnificent!!!?? Saw ah fair bit of his performances for Falkirk, wasn't ah automatic first team pick. He played ah lot of reserve games and from what I saw was generally very average. Not a bad player, but no game changer. He jus did'nt offer anything better than what was already locally produced. Not sure if he eva admitted it but ah think he jump before they push him. Not sure what influence or opinion Lata's had but it seemed tuh me that Hughes was not convinced. Ah don't think he would have been there the following season anyway

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 25, 2013, 06:45:32 AM »
Yo..... de man needs to be more attacking mood and he plays to safe..... it's like he's scare to play attacking football... here are some links i think a mid field should have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoyvzM6VxxQ

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 25, 2013, 07:30:42 AM »
Yo..... de man needs to be more attacking mood and he plays to safe..... it's like he's scare to play attacking football... here are some links i think a mid field should have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoyvzM6VxxQ

this.........he could more than good with a little courage.......he does show some signs but only when he have a natural attack minded mid with him....Hector got him to push up whenever they were paired.....but then hector was d dynamic one dat was pullin all d defenders thus taking the pressure off of him....but that had to be one of d few times I see densil confidently sprayin passes around......daiz why I does say if he on d pitch we need ah dynamic presence dat can take d pressure off him....if we dont have dat on d field, leave him on d bench.

talk done

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:32:27 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 25, 2013, 07:51:40 AM »
Talk about longer faces if we lost,its a beautiful day
We survive to fight another day.Come Tuesday
Warriors in motion
Jah bless

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 25, 2013, 08:01:03 AM »
From what I read of the posts it seems like he plays his football with one mind on the team he is playing with,for example he could be better if Hector is playing in midfield(someone mentioned that).Could it be that he is playing to instructions,I think he might be but if we can get some of our better players back for the GC he could be more influential.We jess making some small steps at the moment but they could get bigger in time.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 25, 2013, 08:11:29 AM »
@Rodney,I still feel that Falkirk wasn't treating Densil well enough by playing him in the Reserves because from what I saw of him against a quite good Wales team,IMO that was good enough to give him a contract with Falkirk.I have to say that he was a silly boy to go before being pushed as you suggested,who knows another Scottish club may picked him up.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Densill Theobald Thread
« Reply #415 on: March 25, 2013, 08:36:44 AM »
The first time I saw Theobald play was during the 2004 Digicel Cup. He was a breath of fresh air in the midfield. Excellent vision and passing, and held up the ball well. Since then he has developed into a solid squad player, but nothing more. He's not a playmaker, game-changer, X-factor, lynchpin etc. He's dedicated to his craft and disciplined.

Over the next year he'll be the next T&T player to earn 100 caps, and if he remains injury-free and continues getting picked, he may even surpass Angus Eve's record of 117 caps.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 25, 2013, 09:59:22 AM »
Flex you said Denzil is a coach's player he can carry out orders to suit...then what you get on the field from Denzil is what the coach asked for, personally I feel that he is a reflection of coaching limitation, I sincerely feel he has a lot more to give but is a player that needs direction from the coaching staff.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 25, 2013, 10:03:32 AM »
Flex you said Denzil is a coach's player he can carry out orders to suit...then what you get on the field from Denzil is what the coach asked for, personally I feel that he is a reflection of coaching limitation, I sincerely feel he has a lot more to give but is a player that needs direction from the coaching staff.

if u must be told to create u are not creative
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 25, 2013, 02:43:42 PM »
Theo's ability of play will always shine against weaker teams but outside of the region he will struggle because he will not be given time on the ball to make better passes or better decisions. Yes, he'll get a pass threaded through sometimes, but from an overall aspect, he will struggle if he doesn't try to improve these little deficiencies.

I have been saying this all along.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 25, 2013, 02:57:07 PM »
@Rodney,I still feel that Falkirk wasn't treating Densil well enough by playing him in the Reserves because from what I saw of him against a quite good Wales team,IMO that was good enough to give him a contract with Falkirk.I have to say that he was a silly boy to go before being pushed as you suggested,who knows another Scottish club may picked him up.

I agree with you. But based on what I saw of him, he would would ah gone the way of Silvio Spann i.e. further down the league tiers. At least initially.

1]; } ?>