April 27, 2024, 01:14:30 PM

Author Topic: Densill Theobald Thread  (Read 115358 times)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Axe Theobald from the NT
« Reply #510 on: July 15, 2013, 11:55:59 AM »
If its one thing kiffysmooth has right it is about Bleeder's role in the team. I would never criticise him for not playing incisive killer passes, throwing crunching tackles or taking shots from distance.

If I had to compare Theobald with another player in world football, it would be someone like Joe Allen or Leon Britton.

These are players who perform a role that is a difficult one to quantify. They are midfielders who are not great tacklers, who are not creative forces and who rarely do anything out of the ordinary. They have two primary roles, 1. to maintain possession of the ball and 2. to maintain the team's shape and defensive posture. The role calls for a high level of positional awareness and also and ability to keep the ball moving to where it needs to go. This is usually a simple lateral or backward pass, but it ensures that the team keeps the ball. These players follow coaches' instructions to the letter.

The problem with Theobald is that he is doing none of these things well right now. Playing that role, it is absolutely criminal to be coughing up possession as much as he is doing, especially considering that most of his passes are low risk passes. When the ball is played to him, he is taking too long to release it, often taking 4 and 5 touches when a 1 or 2 touch would suffice. When the ball is played to him and he is under pressure, he is not handling that well and if you look good, you can see that the knock on effect is that the other players are not confident in giving him the ball unless he is wide open.

Defensively, his positioning is way off as well. I would not have noticed this if i did not see it live, but off the ball he is straying from his zone as the midfielder alongside Hyland. A big part of the horrors Joevin Jones was seeing vs. El Salvador was because Carlos was playing high and Theobald was not sliding across to help out or reaching too late. Other times, he was playing way too far from Hyland leaving gaps in the middle.

My opinion is that successive coaches have always selected a younger, fitter Theobald as a disciplined player that trains well and follows instructions despite his obvious deficiencies. I think that now with his age having lost a bit of a step, his deficiencies are being laid bare.

The coaches need to take some blame too because there is no way they can't be seeing what is so blatantly obvious and not make some changes... Captain or not, bigger players have had to face the consequences (see Rai).

Time to give someone else a chance.

Thanx fuh de education  :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 15, 2013, 12:15:16 PM »
everybody will be a better option until they actually go on the field and pull stones as well. Bleeder did not play bad in the 1st game to deserve coming off
Cater did and was replaced.

Between birchal and bouchard maybe they are pulling more stones in practice so hart dont want to risk it.

Also the subs were forced in the Haiti game so coach did not get a chance to take off Bleeder

Now the thing is do we risk a new player in the final game where a win is essential.

Bleeder is not the problem

The problem is that Bleeder and Hyland bring similar things to the table and we do not have an adequate ball winner on the roster with adequate experience to risk in the middle.

Roster wise and positional wise the staff have done a good job putting the team in position to win.

Fundamental issue is that Kenwayne is not able to execute on the headers that he has had which is supposed to be his bread and butter.

2 or 3 headers in the Haiti game and at least 4-5 against El Salvador midgets should at least yield several goals
for a man whose only attribute on the stoke team is to win headers.

if we are going to make adjustments it will be hard now because some men injured etc

Bleeder is a role player replacing him with another role player is not a big positive or a negative with this team

Problem is the impact players
center defense and center forwards that is where the weakness lies but we dont have any other options at the moment.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 15, 2013, 03:09:44 PM »
So lemme get this straight KND, KJ was the problem, not a lack of creativity? i see.

sure glad i'm no where near allyuh football gurus, maybe that's the reason i chose to play basket ball over football, so many know it alls.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 15, 2013, 07:07:20 PM »
Damn... This thread worked ;D it even dropped Carlos and Daniel lol

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 15, 2013, 07:10:53 PM »
Look thing hart reading this site long days now he know where to get info
Carlos was playing good maybe he pick up a knock or they saving him for super sub

Brave moves by hart

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 15, 2013, 07:16:09 PM »
So said so done.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 15, 2013, 07:18:31 PM »
I am even willing to bet we will see Birchall come on today. Unfortunately we might see Gay too.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 15, 2013, 09:46:33 PM »
One of Bleeder's better games in a long time. ;D

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 15, 2013, 10:42:54 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 16, 2013, 06:10:48 AM »
Bleeder play like a borrrrssee. He play real good

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 16, 2013, 07:32:17 AM »

Best he play in 7 years!! I just hope the form continues against Mexico! Leave him right where he was! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #521 on: July 16, 2013, 08:44:52 AM »
first time i ever see everybody agreed on on topic  ;D bye bye bleeder
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 16, 2013, 09:17:13 AM »
oh god alyuh easy nah...........I an all was glad he didn' play but doh rub it in so nah.....doh be surprised if he have to do a job against mex.....jus hope he could raise he game and do someting if dat happen
I pity the fool....

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 16, 2013, 10:41:41 AM »
oh god alyuh easy nah...........I an all was glad he didn' play but doh rub it in so nah.....doh be surprised if he have to do a job against mex.....jus hope he could raise he game and do someting if dat happen

Hey this nah...if it were up to me, I nominating Bleeder for man-of-de match last night.   ;D

But jokes aside, ah hear what you're saying, and yuh quite right.  We really shouldn't be rubbing it in, especially if the coach decide to play him against Mexico --- if that's the case we'll need a confident Bleeder in the mix...not a head-case worrying about fans criticizing his play.       
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 16, 2013, 03:03:53 PM »

u right boy...just saw this

http://www.wired868.com/2013/07/16/ttfa-cock-up-rules-hyland-out-of-mexico-clash/

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Densill Theobald featured on Lights of Laventille
« Reply #525 on: November 13, 2013, 05:50:38 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Densill Theobald.
« Reply #526 on: November 13, 2013, 09:18:12 AM »
and that is why he always get picked by every coach..yuh can't graft that national pride,determination and service on anybody....and he can ball too, may not be no Hyland or Boo or hoever ppl favorite starters are, no world class or bess player..but always ready when called and will give his best, no matter the height of the fight...no doubt or question..

add: for me personally, i promotiing him to asst. coach, and picking somebody else. :devil:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:20:30 AM by maxg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald may sign in India ?
« Reply #527 on: May 19, 2014, 05:00:19 AM »
On his own team’s plans to seek the services of Densill Theobald, a former Trinidad and Tobago midfielder and a World Cupper, Colaco elucidated, “He has the experience of playing in India when I was Dempo. He linked up well with Ranti Martins. So he could be the ideal marquee player.”

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2014/05/19/4827011/colaco-i-want-east-bengal-to-be-dempo-of-my-time

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 19, 2014, 08:56:34 AM »
Good news!! Do yuh ting bleeder!! represent and show dem.. class is classssss!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 19, 2014, 10:19:39 AM »
Good news!! Do yuh ting bleeder!! represent and show dem.. class is classssss!!!

Kiffy is to Bleeder as cold is to ice. Bleeder do yuh ting.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 19, 2014, 11:10:33 AM »
I forget, what happened before that brought him out of India ? He never got released and thus wasn't able to play ?
ok..found it..
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=56973.msg808438#msg808438

basically contract wasn't re-newed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 02:45:18 PM by maxg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Royal Wahingdoh ropes in Densill Theobald
« Reply #531 on: December 15, 2014, 06:31:55 AM »
Royal Wahingdoh ropes in Densill Theobald
By Atanu Mitra (goal.com)

I-League's newly promoted side Royal Wahingdoh have signed former Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Densill Theobald and DPR Korean striker Kim Song-Yong to complete their foreign contingent for the season, Goal can reveal.

"We have signed both Theobald and Kim. Theobald is already in Shillong and we are expecting Kim here later this week," a source close to the developments informed Goal.

The duo will be joining Liberian Bekay Bewar and Nigerian Okechukwu Enyinnaya, both of whom were part of the club's second division I-League winning side last year.

Densill was a key feature of the Trinidad and Tobago side in the 2006 World Cup, playing in all of the three group matches.

Theobald becomes the third member of that squad to be part of 2014-15 I-League along with Cornell Glen (Shillong Lajong) and Anthony Wolfe (Sporting Clube de Goa).

The player, who has 95 caps for his national team, had a brief stint with Dempo SC under the tutelage of Armando Colaco a couple of years back, having signed midway into the 2011-12 season.

Kim, on the other hand has plied his trade for Thailand’s Nakhon Ratchasima and was a key member of the Rangdajied United side last season in the I-League. The North Korean was the second highest scorer for the side, scoring 4 goals in the campaign.

"I am currently in Japan but I will reach India soon," Kim told Goal when contacted on Sunday evening.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 15, 2014, 11:43:49 AM »
Nice news. Everybody keeping active, playing among other internationals, all trying de be the one, and playing before Concacaf  / World Cup qualifiers start and ensuring dey all eat ah food too. Well done Bleeder, you eh done yet. Eh eh!!!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 16, 2014, 06:41:05 PM »
Do yuh ting Skip! class is class

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Theobald set to join Sporting Clube de Goa
« Reply #534 on: January 03, 2016, 10:24:20 AM »
Theobald set to join Sporting Clube de Goa
By Marcus Mergulhao (Times of India)

Sporting Clube de Goa have completed their foreign quota for the I-League after concluding negotiations with Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Densill Theobald and Nigerian defender Loveday Okechukwu.

Both players turned up for Royal Wahingdoh in the last edition of I-League and were responsible for their stunning third-place finish on debut. They will join Nigerian striker Odafa Okolie and Syrian midfielder Mahmoud Amna.

According to club sources, Loveday has already arrived in Goa and had his first training session with the team on Friday, while Theobald, who played for Dempo Sports Club during his first stint in India, is expected later this week.

"We will not have Densill for the first game since the transfer window opens on January 15 but we will definitely have him here before the I-League starts. Both these players proved themselves in the last edition of I-League (with Royal Wahingdoh) and we are excited to have them," said a Sporting Clube official.

Initially, Sporting Clube had agreed a deal with and NorthEast United FC captain Miguel Garcia but the Portuguese defender injured himself in the first match of the Indian Super League (ISL) and has not recovered from his injury.

Club officials said they had foreign options at the back but decided to keep faith with Loveday, thanks to positive feedback from players and officials.

The only worry for Loveday could be match practice, or the lack of it, as the Nigerian defender has nit played a competitive match since the last edition of I-League which ended six months ago.

Theobald, however, has captained Trinidad and Tobago -- also called Soca Warriors -- in recent international matches and had taken a transfer from Royal Wahingdoh to Caledonia AIA.

The Goa Pro League champions had earlier confirmed the signing of Arindam Bhattacharya and D Ravanan (both FC Pune City), and have now secured the services of Seriton Fernandes, Subhashish, Nicholas Fernandes (all on loan from Churchill Brothers) and Fulgancio Cardozo (Calangute Association).
Sporting Clube de Goa open their I-League campaign against East Bengal at the Nehru Stadium in Fatorda on January 10.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Densill Theobald Thread
« Reply #535 on: January 03, 2016, 09:03:44 PM »
HNY Kiffy
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 04, 2016, 12:12:15 AM »
Same to you Weary!!

This is good news, wouldn't mind seeing Bleeder and Cornell in the copa america   ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 06, 2016, 05:02:44 AM »
Good to have some news about our players in India,I wondered what had happened to "Bleeder",but glad to know he is doing well,the Indian League is growing and it may turn out good for some of our players in the future.Isn't Glen and Theobald good enough to still play for TT,only asking.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 06, 2016, 06:43:04 AM »
Good to have some news about our players in India,I wondered what had happened to "Bleeder",but glad to know he is doing well,the Indian League is growing and it may turn out good for some of our players in the future.Isn't Glen and Theobald good enough to still play for TT,only asking.
Glen maybe... However Theobald was a great servant to the team and deserves 100 caps. Can anyone confirm? I believe he is very close to that figure.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:45:00 AM by de_redman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 06, 2016, 07:48:55 AM »
Glen maybe... However Theobald was a great servant to the team and deserves 100 caps. Can anyone confirm? I believe he is very close to that figure.

Densill has 98 caps.

1]; } ?>