April 27, 2024, 09:35:58 AM

Author Topic: Pan Genius Clive Bradley Dies  (Read 3648 times)

Offline supaselectuh

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Pan Genius Clive Bradley Dies
« on: November 26, 2005, 08:27:56 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(

This morning he took in with a stroke and then passed on.... :'(

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
A LEGEND is gone
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 10:57:03 AM »
Arguably the greatest steelband arranger ever...Mr. Clive Bradley...passed away this morning of a stroke he suffered yesterday.

As a Phase II man, I always said there were only 2 other arrangers whose music I WANTED to play...Bradley and Holman.  Bradley simply was in a class by himself when it came to orchestration and his passing is a HUGE LOSS to the steelband community especially and music community in general.

Clive....you may not physically be with us anymore but your musical masterpieces that you gave to us will live forever.  RIP Clive and condolences to your family, friends and many supporters.  Thank you for those musical gifts.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
Re: Pan Genius Clive Bradley Dies
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 02:26:40 PM »
 :'(.....a great big loss to the musical fraternity of Trinidad and Tobago. Bradley was a musical genius without question....he gorn....but we have his music to remember him by......DAMN!!....thanks for Pan In Harmony dey Clive. :'( :'( :'(

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 11:57:33 PM »
I just went online and read the trinidad express that he passed on. Yesterday was Big B.  Talk about a total loss to the culture and the society in 1 week.

Boogsie not doing well, Betie St. Clair had a stroke a couple of years ago, he also not doing well....where i'm getting with this is, these people will leave us one day, do our young people know these men and what they do/did for pan and the culture of trinidad and tobago.

Men like Winston Spree, Randoph Charles (decs), Jit, Earl Brooks, Martin and Aldwin Albino, Robert Greenidge, de professor philmore to make a few, are we waiting to give the best long ass eulogy to say what a great man he was, and what he did and how we appreciated him.  They DEAD, they don't know that. Look, they still with us, let us show our appreciation now.  We want to give out medals like hell for the pass couple of weeks.     LOOK THE MEDAL WINNERS HERE. All of them, UNSUNG heroes.

The Arrangers, the Tuners, the Composers they leaving us one by one, who picking up the tools after eh ?
Sean Thomas, Chantel Esdale and Liam... where are the rest of them ?

<steups> anyway, Clive look your pan sticks and Big B your guitar...now go and make mass up dey.  Rest in Peace

Gimme ah bligh right Iwer...

datz my 2 cents

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 01:44:31 AM »
RIP fella you will be missed and never forgotten!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 01:52:03 AM »
!!....thanks for Pan In Harmony dey Clive.   

Ah real masterpiece and that same year he do wonders with "Don't leave me this way".

Another genius who did things his way and left us with de music.........
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline supaselectuh

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 09:17:02 AM »
ah wonder how my father and dem taking this boy....jah :-\

1]; } ?>