April 27, 2024, 12:49:51 AM

Author Topic: T&T Reggae singers  (Read 10101 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Reggae singers
« on: October 20, 2005, 09:41:07 PM »
Fellas

Apart from Marlon Asher, Judgement, and Khari Kill, are there other Trini brothers singing reggae?  Given the wide variety of brothers/sisters on dis site, thought ah would post de question.

Bless
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 06:20:28 AM by Tallman »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Different Question
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 09:53:36 PM »
Yeah man they have plenty.

Yuh have Jah Melody......real big tune with, Jah Guide ......On the One Drop riddim.

Prophet Benjamin have two big tunes, coming from Moruga and Pretty Boy.....that mashing up dance down here.

Then yuh have Mr King.....Laventille.

Levi mayerz..........with an abundance of tunes.

ladies we have Queen Omega.Then yuh have others like Guitar Dan etc.

If yuh go down town.check a cd man and ask for a local conscious or dub, you will be surprised at the number of cds with around 16-20 tracks each.

They have other people who sing tunes and make it who are Trinis.......Like the Fella who sing the tune for the madagascar soundtrack.I like to Move it, move it.

But go a dancehall site like dancehallreggae.com and check the forums there.

They used to have a site mytrinisound, but I ent think it working anymore.

Also Bungi is a kinda dancehall artise....he does sing on riddims, like Put In the Ting Click here to listen

Then yuh have 3suns and benjai and them fellas who in between......wish they was dub artiste, cyar cut it so resort to singing a kinda calypso with a jakan accent.

But in truth all these Djs who play they singing soca now just disrespecting the artform.....its a wannabe waterdown parlour dub thing they doing.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 10:13:21 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 09:57:16 PM »
touches, tanks fuh de link, ah will def. check town when ah touch down and pick up some music.  All NY massive will know about a TT spot called Sugar cane, went there recently and heard about 5 reggae tracks in a row from trini, so came as news to me, good look..

bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 05:21:33 AM »
rite now isasha's song DONT U KNOW IT...da is a very heavy tune!

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Reggae singers
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 02:32:23 PM »
for real dat Isasha real bad. Touches i doh agree with u  when u say they disrespecting the artform. Music is a ting dat will continue to evolve and its just dem fellas way of expressing themselves. Bunji say dat he used to listen a lot of dub growing up and dat influence him in his music in a big way. No disrespect to soca but youths in my generation ( I'm 23) listened a lot more dancehall and hip hop than soca (which is a more seasonal music). We are constantly bombarded with this genre so its going to affect us in one way or another. I remember Bunji gettin real fight down when he now come on d scene but say wah yuh cyah please evrybody. U hadda do u.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Question
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 12:51:05 PM »
I know this came up before but I could'nt find out.

I was wondering if anyone know where I can get my hands on some Trini reggae? like Marlon Asher, Ishasa and Prophet Benjamin. I am in Toronto but if people know any place in Trini, New York or Miami let me know.

Thanks

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 04:56:35 PM »
84 look in www.toronto-lime.com they have a section just for trini reggae
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 05:02:22 PM »
Only 1 jamaican soca artist it have that is bud.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline supaselectuh

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 10:25:56 PM »
they have ah couple of dem that sing soca
beenie sing ah soca
and plenty ah dem do collabarances with machel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 07:35:51 PM »
yes they collabos but the are reggae singers .
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 04:51:16 PM »
i was just wondering about queen omega, she seems to have some real strong tunes lyrically and rhythm wise but i find i dont hear her tunes when i listen to red 96 and even on flava 107.   i heard her selections one morning i was listening to WACK but i was just wondering.   maybe is just the stations i have access to on the net, perhaps if i was home i would hear here more often, but for now i have to go to ireggae.com and vibes it up

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 08:01:32 AM »
84 look in www.toronto-lime.com they have a section just for trini reggae

yea I does listen there but I was looking for a hard copy cd or something  so I can "vibes it up" in the car!!

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 08:18:14 AM »
Theres a Trini girl singing R&B now that big  the song is Pon De Replay. She from Trini. She has a second song out now.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 04:19:06 PM »
Theres a Trini girl singing R&B now that big the song is Pon De Replay. She from Trini. She has a second song out now.

She's actually from Barbados, her name is Reanna

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2005, 09:57:08 AM »
Theres a Trini girl singing R&B now that big  the song is Pon De Replay. She from Trini. She has a second song out now.

booooooooooooo boooooooooooooooo
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
wrong info :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline supaselectuh

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2005, 10:47:13 AM »
morvant man yuh too wile :rotfl:

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2005, 08:51:06 PM »
rite now isasha's song DONT U KNOW IT...da is a very heavy tune!

that tune tufff.....

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 11:18:03 PM »
the high caliber riddim tuff these days.

mr king - one way ticket
Marlon Ashe - Give Thanks
Khari Kill - Jesus
Benji - gimme ganja
King David - everything

and it have a prophet benjamin on it to

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 09:28:21 AM »
disrespecting soca .??
yo boss a peer f**kery allyuh talkin.. Nuff Trini's a heavely Influenced by reggae dats why yu here a lot of toasting(chanting ) in soca now..I big up all dem artist who tekin de ghetto music and TRYING to put soca into  it.. Check soca music from like 85 thru 89 every single song a talk bout Jump and wave no flickin Lyrics..Now hear soca,    man moving like dictionary a peer lyrics man does fya now.. Soca will lock dung de place jes gave it sum time ...Watering dung soca ??? Yu think sey any of those Reggae artist could Juggle(chant)  over does soca beats..Yow man it takes talent to do dat..Big up de new generation soca artist dem.. Thanks very much for taking de music to de next level and bun out de haters...Mann like  fadda dawgieslaughter ..Bunji..Maximus..silent star..Kahari kill..Jungle..kulchadon..diamond cut..3suns  many many more artist...keep representing ghetto music.... silent star is mi dawg though and when he buss de world gone soca trus mi!!!!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2006, 10:51:06 AM »
Fellas

Apart from Marlon Asher, Judgement, and Khari Kill, are there other Trini brothers singing reggae?  Given the wide variety of brothers/sisters on dis site, thought ah would post de question.

Bless

steeeeuuuupppsss!!!!!!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 02:54:54 PM »
They have an original cd of local reggae featuring all of the above artistes called Reggae Roadblock.

Available for 100$ at Cleves and other legit cd stores in TT.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 05:22:03 PM »
disrespecting soca .??
yo boss a peer f**kery allyuh talkin.. Nuff Trini's a heavely Influenced by reggae dats why yu here a lot of toasting(chanting ) in soca now..I big up all dem artist who tekin de ghetto music and TRYING to put soca into  it.. Check soca music from like 85 thru 89 every single song a talk bout Jump and wave no flickin Lyrics..Now hear soca,    man moving like dictionary a peer lyrics man does fya now.. Soca will lock dung de place jes gave it sum time ...Watering dung soca  Yu think sey any of those Reggae artist could Juggle(chant)  over does soca beats..Yow man it takes talent to do dat..Big up de new generation soca artist dem.. Thanks very much for taking de music to de next level and bun out de haters...Mann like  fadda dawgieslaughter ..Bunji..Maximus..silent star..Kahari kill..Jungle..kulchadon..diamond cut..3suns  many many more artist...keep representing ghetto music.... silent star is mi dawg though and when he buss de world gone soca trus mi!!!!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga

wha jackassness yuh saying....85-89 was only jump and wave...boss yuh need tuh check yuh files

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »

wha jackassness yuh saying....85-89 was only jump and wave...boss yuh need tuh check yuh files
well tounge tell mi a good scoa from 1985-1989 .. hit sum lyrics..is bullshi&t dem artist use to sing..If dem aint dissin Indian in dem chune dem singing bout Jump and wave..Now is all about Lyrics and  nice riddim..soca back innah days was Junk straight shi*t thanks to Supachile..Edue...General grant soca nice up now..
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006, 09:56:05 AM »

well tounge tell mi a good scoa from 1985-1989 .. hit sum lyrics..is bullshi&t dem artist use to sing..If dem aint dissin Indian in dem chune dem singing bout Jump and wave..Now is all about Lyrics and  nice riddim..soca back innah days was Junk straight shi*t thanks to Supachile..Edue...General grant soca nice up now..
warmonga..

warmonga yuh crazy... yuh never hear bout Tambu, Rudder, Duke etc etc

is 85-89 yuh say dey yuh know?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2006, 10:46:12 AM »

warmonga..

dem chune aint have no lyrics..a man talking bout a hammer is any lyrics..I know what happen now..Allyuh fellas cya understan de lingua now dats why  allyuh think sey Soca had more lyrics back in de days.. soca nice now man trus mi..Even badman a big up soca ..back innah days badman dont want to hear soca ......Now mi hear bout soca artist a talk bout dem stop sing gun chune..
warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

TrinInfinite

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006, 11:37:10 AM »

warmonga..

dem chune aint have no lyrics..a man talking bout a hammer is any lyrics..I know what happen now..Allyuh fellas cya understan de lingua now dats why allyuh think sey Soca had more lyrics back in de days.. soca nice now man trus mi..Even badman a big up soca ..back innah days badman dont want to hear soca ......Now mi hear bout soca artist a talk bout dem stop sing gun chune..
warmonga...

u real mad, freestyling and chantin is not a jamaican ting, i might have tuh school war monga, dont make me give a music lesson here boss

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006, 11:37:44 AM »
wit dat Mr War...take WIN!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2006, 07:34:56 AM »

warmonga..

dem chune aint have no lyrics..a man talking bout a hammer is any lyrics..I know what happen now..Allyuh fellas cya understan de lingua now dats why allyuh think sey Soca had more lyrics back in de days.. soca nice now man trus mi..Even badman a big up soca ..back innah days badman dont want to hear soca ......Now mi hear bout soca artist a talk bout dem stop sing gun chune..
warmonga...

u real mad, freestyling and chantin is not a jamaican ting, i might have tuh school war monga, dont make me give a music lesson here boss
aye yu Jackass which part I sey Freestyling is a Jamaican ting???  Yu talkin to de wrong man dread No part of mi argument mi talk bout freestyle...
warmonga.....
Black Lives Matter..

1]; } ?>