April 28, 2024, 05:19:18 AM

Author Topic: People that New to Track  (Read 3570 times)

Offline ArcaneAndrew

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
People that New to Track
« on: November 26, 2005, 04:34:08 PM »
Yea i'm new to this forum thing and I was just wondering if anybody had any advice for new track runners and thing.  Anything would be greatly appreciated.  thanks in advance.  Ato i'm kind of throwing this one out for you there, but any and everyone is welcome.  :D

Offline Trini2deBone

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: People that New to Track
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 05:44:25 PM »
Hi, it depends in what kind of running you are interested: long-distance or short-distance. I've been a long-distance runner for years(I run competitions mostly from 3000 m to 10000 m). De most important thing is to start slowly. When you feeling you make progress go a littlie bit faster. But don't overdo it. De main thing is it should make fun and then you will keep in shape and probably you could practise it with some friends.
Good luck and have fun.
ARNOLD
The best place to succed is the place where you are with that what you have

Offline ArcaneAndrew

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »
That's the thing.  I don't know what kind of runner I am.  Cross Country season sust finished and the longest race was a 5k and I was doing ok in that, and now I'm a mid distancer with my first race tomorrow at The Armory <the best place in the world>.  I guess I'm a mid ditancer then... thanks tho.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 09:32:05 PM »
The most important thing is to seek out advice from those with more experience. I used to be a pain to people when I got in the game because I wanted to know everything - which is why I try to be patient when others ask me questions....learn and improve based on who was successful before you.

;)
BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 08:14:12 AM »
Ato,

I see you all over Flex's football forum.

The world Cup making this site real hot, eh?

This is infama, BTW.

1]; } ?>