March 28, 2024, 12:57:53 PM

Author Topic: Bahrain face severe FIFA penalties.  (Read 11141 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Bahrain face severe FIFA penalties.
« on: November 18, 2005, 07:19:39 AM »
Bahrain face severe FIFA penalties.
By: Walter Alibey (Newsday).
[/size]

FIFA vice-president and special adviser to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) Jack Austin Warner will ensure that the most severe penalty would be imposed on Bahrain.
This after the hostile treatment that the national footballers faced during their World Cup Final Round qualifier against Bahrain on Wednesday.
Warner said, although he cannot say what the penalty would be, he assured that FIFA would act swiftly and severely. He pointed out that the situation in Bahrain was chaotic. However, he said the Trinidad and Tobago players behaved admirably. Warner said, they were pelted with stones and abused in all kinds of ways.
Meanwhile, Capt Horace Burrell, ex-president of the Jamaica Football Federation said the TT Government has a responsibility to make the players feel that they have achieved what they have for the country.
He said, back in Jamaica, the players were given houses, land and some were given loans from which they could construct their houses.
Capt Burrell said that in Trinidad and Tobago, government should follow the same, since they have more resources to do so. He said the players have brought great honour to the people of Trinidad and Tobago and we have not begun to feel the effects of their success.
Burrell pointed out that Trinidad and Tobago would benefit from tourism and it would boost the morale of the people. Prime Minister Patrick Manning said he would meet with national captain Dwight Yorke in a few days’ time to sort out what the players would be given for their achievements. Manning also said the government would ensure that coach Leo Beenhakker be given a job since he heard that the Dutch-born tactician’s contract had expired.
Warner said the team’s preparation for the 2006 World Cup in Germany would be beefed up with a series of international friendly matches including one on March 29 that would ensure huge ticket sales.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • PiracyUnlimited.com, Anime & Manga
Re: Bahrain face severe FIFA penalties.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 09:39:17 AM »
sured that FIFA would act swiftly and severely. He pointed out that the situation in Bahrain was chaotic. However, he said the Trinidad and Tobago players behaved admirably. Warner said, they were pelted with stones and abused in all kinds of ways.ing one on March 29 that would ensure huge ticket sales.

LIAR!
Nobody ever touched them!
I was there myself. They were surronded by police, and all projectiles were going to our team, not yours.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 08:32:09 AM by Tallman »

Offline Hardball King

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 09:47:31 AM »
No behavior at all. When the U.S. break we heart years ago Caliguri (sp?) was surprised at the amount of congratulations he got from Trinidadian people. Although I think Trinis could play a lil more hardball, we always set ah good example of how CIVILIZED people should behave, man. Lord! Allyuh might need to work on allyuh behavior too, in addition to the shittiness..

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 10:07:10 AM »
Uncle Jack vex fuh so!!!

tanka lanka lanka lankaaaaa!!!!

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 10:08:57 AM »
. Prime Minister Patrick Manning said he would meet with national captain Dwight Yorke in a few days’ time to sort out what the players would be given for their achievements. Manning also said the government would ensure that coach Leo Beenhakker be given a job since he heard that the Dutch-born tactician’s contract had expired.

umm  i hope its for another 4years or so  :D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 08:32:30 AM by Tallman »

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 11:21:54 AM »
sured that FIFA would act swiftly and severely. He pointed out that the situation in Bahrain was chaotic. However, he said the Trinidad and Tobago players behaved admirably. Warner said, they were pelted with stones and abused in all kinds of ways.ing one on March 29 that would ensure huge ticket sales.

LIAR!
I was there myself. They were surronded by police, and all projectiles were going to our team, not yours.

Look at d game again... after Latas and Yorke had their little revenge down in d corner. You could clearly see bottle and piece of char and ting falling behind him.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 08:32:41 AM by Tallman »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 11:29:25 AM »
Wha ah tell allyuh....we go UNLEASH Jack in dey ASSSSSSS ;D

wuutuuumm  hard clout :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 11:40:16 AM »
. Prime Minister Patrick Manning said he would meet with national captain Dwight Yorke in a few days’ time to sort out what the players would be given for their achievements. Manning also said the government would ensure that coach Leo Beenhakker be given a job since he heard that the Dutch-born tactician’s contract had expired.

umm  i hope its for another 4years or so  :D
I hope so too but didnt leo say he was going to retire soon? ???
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 08:32:55 AM by Tallman »

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 11:48:58 AM »

LIAR!

You had to have watched a different game from us.. Probably the Highlights or something ...

If in fact you were there, then you are plain ole BLIND
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 08:33:06 AM by Tallman »
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 11:52:16 AM »
Uncle Jack vex fuh so!!!

tanka lanka lanka lankaaaaa!!!!

Lawwwwwd!  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 11:54:56 AM »

LIAR!

Our players alone weren't pelted with projectiles, our fans too. My father was in Bahrain and he said that apart from dodging broken chairs, those mad people also threw full water bottles at them. Stones were also thrown at our supporters outside the stadium and that's when the Bahrain police stepped in to protect them.
Listen redbelt, people could lie, but dem shamefull images on yuh tv doh lie. Watch the game again my "peace-loving" friend.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 08:33:20 AM by Tallman »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 12:17:21 PM »
No decorum at all, so they go pay for it on the field of play and in they pockets.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 12:25:14 PM »
After playing against Bahrain in this tie, I have come to get a belief that their people real nasty.
If u look at the first leg, as soon as they score, every man jack start to lie down on the field like they dead.
Compare that with T&T when we scored...We never once did that. We took out throw ins and fouls like MEN, no girl thing of faking injury and wasting time like sissy. I was actually bawling at some of the T&T players to kill more time, but like they were more interested in scoring more goals.

Next thing, as soon as we score, Bahrain naturally changed the pace of the game. Latas and Yorke was running the clock down up at the corner flag and was getting about 3-4 corners, then the Bahrain player slid in with a two legged tackle to break Yorke foot. Then they started pushing Yorke and Stern around...
On of the things that brought pride to me was how our players reacted, not once did they retaliate. They just went for the ball and tried to restart the game. And all the Bahrain players was trying to do was shove and surround the T&T players. What in earth was the Bahrain keeper thinking to run up to the corner to try to get in the melee?
Then when we take the next corner, i saw bottles raining down close to the players from T&T who were taking it. This resulted in Yorke just kicking the ball out fast so they could get away from the corner. This was another time we could have just played with ball and killed time.
Dont even talk about when they kick the ball out of Jack hands how they react. Now that maybe I could understand they in injury time and it gone to their head and is the WC they playing for, but still man.
I remember Dog hit a man a bad tackle, i aint go lie, an dthe man get up fast fast and run behind Dog to push him and thing.
In the first half, a man hit Yorke a shove in he face. Over the 2 legs, they were always shoving and doing unsportsmanlike things.
If these are the representatives for your country, they have disgraced you on the world stage. Just like what happened in Turkey.
Not meaning to bring religion or a specific place of the earth into it, but why is it that its 2 muslim countries behave like this? Steups.
I am extremely proud of the way the Warriors conducted themselves on the field.
And the funnny thing is that these Bahrain players are half the size of the average TT players, yet they so feisty. Imagine Air Dog get vex with on of their forwards and just lift him up and body slam him on the floor, LOL.
Manning said it best, when he saw the game, he saw the difference between a country that aspires, and a country that achieves.
Bahrain, you lost a lot of points in my book.
I am glad that you are not going to the WC for many different reasons (we are more colourful, we have better stories and football history and well known players, your crowd support is pathetic and quiet)...but most of all, over the 2 legs, T&T to me was a class above Bahrain.
Make no doubt about it, Bahrain is very lame and shitty.
I feel Cuba, Jamaica and Haiti would have given us more problems.
Its only because of the gravity of the games that had them restrict us like that.
We are 3 goals better than them anytime we play them, home or away.
I just hope they know they up against it now as Australia will now be playing in their Confederation for 2010.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 12:39:01 PM »

LIAR!

sorry...but it was clear that Dwight Yorke and Russel Latapy were being pelted with projectiles in the 88th minute while taking a corner. besides the crowd behavior was poor and someone looking to hurt a bahraini player could have accidently hurt a TnT player (if you really want to believe only your players were in danger). Why would our boys need police protection then? You are the one who said they were surrounded by police...not me. And you should still get punished...it's not any better even if the behavior was directed towards Bahrainis by their own fans. You admit their well-being was in danger and so FIFA dhould to act..all violence is unacceptable
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 08:34:01 AM by Tallman »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 12:56:36 PM »
bahrain and their fans showed poor sportsmanship and lack of professionalism.they need to be banned from international soccer until the conclusion of 2010 wc.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Salvadoreno

• um, yay?
  • New Warrior
  • um, yay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 11:43:47 PM »
atleast it didnt bust out into full out war liek Honduras and El Salvador. Honduras declared war on El Salvador after El Salvador won the playoff with Honduras.
Forfiet the game before somebody else takes you out of the frame and puts your name to shame. Cover up your face, you cant run the race. The pace is too fast, you just wont last

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 11:51:34 PM »
pretty bad reaction from bahrain..... no excuse.... on tv one saw projectiles flying across the screen.... for a small nation it was a bad example of fan behavior and control.... what they needed to do was apologize instead of protesting the match.... wrong and strong.... clearly football didn't come out on top in this one... buh who cyah hear mus' feel....  :chilling:

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 11:59:26 PM »
After playing against Bahrain in this tie, I have come to get a belief that their people real nasty.
If u look at the first leg, as soon as they score, every man jack start to lie down on the field like they dead.
Compare that with T&T when we scored...We never once did that. We took out throw ins and fouls like MEN, no girl thing of faking injury and wasting time like sissy. I was actually bawling at some of the T&T players to kill more time, but like they were more interested in scoring more goals.

Next thing, as soon as we score, Bahrain naturally changed the pace of the game. Latas and Yorke was running the clock down up at the corner flag and was getting about 3-4 corners, then the Bahrain player slid in with a two legged tackle to break Yorke foot. Then they started pushing Yorke and Stern around...
On of the things that brought pride to me was how our players reacted, not once did they retaliate. They just went for the ball and tried to restart the game. And all the Bahrain players was trying to do was shove and surround the T&T players. What in earth was the Bahrain keeper thinking to run up to the corner to try to get in the melee?
Then when we take the next corner, i saw bottles raining down close to the players from T&T who were taking it. This resulted in Yorke just kicking the ball out fast so they could get away from the corner. This was another time we could have just played with ball and killed time.
Dont even talk about when they kick the ball out of Jack hands how they react. Now that maybe I could understand they in injury time and it gone to their head and is the WC they playing for, but still man.
I remember Dog hit a man a bad tackle, i aint go lie, an dthe man get up fast fast and run behind Dog to push him and thing.
In the first half, a man hit Yorke a shove in he face. Over the 2 legs, they were always shoving and doing unsportsmanlike things.
If these are the representatives for your country, they have disgraced you on the world stage. Just like what happened in Turkey.
Not meaning to bring religion or a specific place of the earth into it, but why is it that its 2 muslim countries behave like this? Steups.
I am extremely proud of the way the Warriors conducted themselves on the field.
And the funnny thing is that these Bahrain players are half the size of the average TT players, yet they so feisty. Imagine Air Dog get vex with on of their forwards and just lift him up and body slam him on the floor, LOL.
Manning said it best, when he saw the game, he saw the difference between a country that aspires, and a country that achieves.
Bahrain, you lost a lot of points in my book.
I am glad that you are not going to the WC for many different reasons (we are more colourful, we have better stories and football history and well known players, your crowd support is pathetic and quiet)...but most of all, over the 2 legs, T&T to me was a class above Bahrain.
Make no doubt about it, Bahrain is very lame and shitty.
I feel Cuba, Jamaica and Haiti would have given us more problems.
Its only because of the gravity of the games that had them restrict us like that.
We are 3 goals better than them anytime we play them, home or away.
I just hope they know they up against it now as Australia will now be playing in their Confederation for 2010.

Thats a fair post..we not perfect and you mentioned we did have hard tackles also. Bahrain disgraced theyself with this one and that appeal afterwards. I woulda really love to know what them men was complaining about to Yorke in d corner, d man was playing some of them tactic againsta them except he know how to play dat game. Yuh doh fake in jury to run clock...dem men need a purge from world football.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 12:29:57 AM »
Trini i totally agree wit yuh...the boys did us proud not only in their play but in their level heads...That tackle on yorke by the corner was a definite injury tackle..Luckily he saw it in time and skipped it..The bahraini plays showed their lack of class definitely asn i was very proud that not once did our players retaliate..they knew they were there to accomplish a job and so they did!
Back in Trini...

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 05:32:21 AM »
Points to concider,

I was talking after the match, during the match I agree, I remember seeing something thrown towards your players, that is correct.
In our matches, bottles and cans and sticks are not allowed, but sometimes they get smuggled in.
Besides that, I think every other thing was thrown towards us.

As far as police sorrounding your team, that dosent mean they are in danger, its a normal precautionary measure done all around the world just in case.

Now, of course that is not a good thing at all. Any punishment is deserved simply because crowd is out of control.
Police was all over the stadium since morning, and they did arrest alot of hooligans, but the fact of the matter is that the hooligans were alot more than the actual poilce force. Why? Because that is the first time in my life that I saw a reaction like that. No one expected this to happen at all!

And the point that we do not deserve WC because our crowd sucks does not hold merit.
If that was the case, England with its world renouned hooligans would never play anything.
Also, the cheering was weak because there were several cheerleaders that day, from Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi & UAE, and everyone started thier own chant, so it became a mess :(

Bottom line: we did not expect this, I am man enough to admit when I am wrong and we had no excuse to act that way. Also the way our players behaved is unacceptable too. Kudos to trini who handled this match better and came out champions.

Now, if you go and say we are a peice of shit, I have to say "hush yuh ass"! ;D
What happened is good. Why? it showed the difference between a team that had a long football history like trini and a recently elevated team like bahrain.
You guys had problems that you had to work on for a long time: and this is the out come. Most majore problems are out of the way.

In our case: We suddenly had a good team.
Preperation, crowds, stadiums, security, procedures are still untested under these circumstances (of course).
That world cup pressure is exactly what we need to know exactly what we need to develop. Only when you test something you know what needs work.

Bahrain is a good country, with simple and hospitable people.
Bahrain is small but there is a wealth of sporting talents.
Arab customs enforce us to welcome guests, Islam also forbids us to hurt any person or vandelise anything, same time orders (repeat: orders) us to welcome guests and be cordial and also protect anyone in our home.

This was not religion or arabs or bahrainis, this was alot of people getting out of control. hopefully this will be overcome.

I said we will walk into this rivals and leave as friends. I hope thats true.

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 05:40:47 AM »
Points to concider,

I was talking after the match, during the match I agree, I remember seeing something thrown towards your players, that is correct.
In our matches, bottles and cans and sticks are not allowed, but sometimes they get smuggled in.
Besides that, I think every other thing was thrown towards us.

As far as police sorrounding your team, that dosent mean they are in danger, its a normal precautionary measure done all around the world just in case.

Now, of course that is not a good thing at all. Any punishment is deserved simply because crowd is out of control.
Police was all over the stadium since morning, and they did arrest alot of hooligans, but the fact of the matter is that the hooligans were alot more than the actual poilce force. Why? Because that is the first time in my life that I saw a reaction like that. No one expected this to happen at all!

And the point that we do not deserve WC because our crowd sucks does not hold merit.
If that was the case, England with its world renouned hooligans would never play anything.
Also, the cheering was weak because there were several cheerleaders that day, from Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi & UAE, and everyone started thier own chant, so it became a mess :(

Bottom line: we did not expect this, I am man enough to admit when I am wrong and we had no excuse to act that way. Also the way our players behaved is unacceptable too. Kudos to trini who handled this match better and came out champions.

Now, if you go and say we are a peice of shit, I have to say "hush yuh ass"! ;D
What happened is good. Why? it showed the difference between a team that had a long football history like trini and a recently elevated team like bahrain.
You guys had problems that you had to work on for a long time: and this is the out come. Most majore problems are out of the way.

In our case: We suddenly had a good team.
Preperation, crowds, stadiums, security, procedures are still untested under these circumstances (of course).
That world cup pressure is exactly what we need to know exactly what we need to develop. Only when you test something you know what needs work.

Bahrain is a good country, with simple and hospitable people.
Bahrain is small but there is a wealth of sporting talents.
Arab customs enforce us to welcome guests, Islam also forbids us to hurt any person or vandelise anything, same time orders (repeat: orders) us to welcome guests and be cordial and also protect anyone in our home.

This was not religion or arabs or bahrainis, this was alot of people getting out of control. hopefully this will be overcome.

I said we will walk into this rivals and leave as friends. I hope thats true.

In T&T yuh does have to buy at least 2 rounds of drinks for everyone before that fren thing could happen....  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2005, 06:00:04 AM »
Since I can't buy or drink alcohol... how about a steak?  :P

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2005, 06:27:42 AM »
Since I can't buy or drink alcohol... how about a steak? :P

Well if that is what you can afford.. STEAK it is  ;D ;D ;D ;)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Dundee Mad

• New Warrior
  • Dee4Life and Beyond
    • View Profile
Bahrain Behaviour
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2005, 07:25:37 AM »
As a relative neutral I have to say I am amazed at the Bahranian defence of the bottle and chair throwing incidents. They say they were throwing the things at their own players. Now apart from that being an outright lie, is the world to believe that this kind of violence is acceptable if its against your own players?

They were beaten fair and square, they tried to cheat, they tried to indimidate and they tried to injure.

The World Cup will not miss them in the slightest.

Offline JR

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 10:36:16 AM »

Dread..the mere fact that they can't buy or drink alcohol means that they shouldn't go to d WC.........     :beermug: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 10:40:13 AM by JR »

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2005, 10:40:16 AM »
All yuh doh laugh at meh but the Friendly on March 29 is against Brazil in Port of Spain.

Real Good Source (the wishing well in eh back yard)!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 10:55:02 AM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2005, 10:44:18 AM »
yea man , that could happen , red belt , what crap you talking boy , coming down to the end i see latapy line up to take a corner and a bottle ah water fly right behind him , wha they was aiming for ? him or the flag ?? steups ,  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Brazil In Trinidad , March 29th 2006
Glory Glory Man Utd !

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2005, 10:54:48 AM »
Jason Scotland get hit in he ad by a seat!

He playing fuh Bahrain now?

Steups!

LIcks in allyuh arse!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2005, 10:56:24 AM »
my two cents, contrary to what redbelt says is that I don't believe that the Bahraini public are really really fans of the game....for instance, I think if you were to take the average amount of time the average barhaini spent in his lifetime watching football, I'm sure it would be less than the average Trinidadian.  Redbelt, I don't feel that different cheering sections could account for the general silence that was heard throughout that match - I don't know if you noticed the game in T&T, or even Mexico vs T&T in T&T but the crowd there is loud and spontaneoous - nobody is waiting for somebody to lead them in a chant - passionate football fans.
so to continue my theory, reinforced by the fact that the tickets were free (I'll leave it up to the other posters to tell you what would happen if they were to ever dream about doing that in Trinidad and Tobago), I think these "fans" were just a bunch of ordinary guys who were promised that they were going to the world cup, and then they found out that they were lied to.  They were thus naturally angry at somebody and began to behave like hooligans BECAUSE they are NOT FANS.  they don't know about SPORTSMANSHIP, or that football really isn't ever about winning or losing - it is never a win at all costs game.  You redbelt I think you're a fan...but aI must say that the vast majority of the people in that stadium were not.

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2005, 11:30:28 AM »

LIAR!

True ... nothing was ever aimed at the Trinidad players ... it was at the Bahraini FA officials and the ref ...

Jack warner just loves to create stories ...  ::)

But if we get a fine, or a match ban I'm fine with that because those hooligans deserve it ...

what a bunch of cowards ... who is going to pay for the treatment of the bahraini kid who suffered head injuries because while he and his mother were down some idiots from the top decided to throw things ... He is in a coma ... he is 13 ... and he has no father (his father passed away) ... those cowards need to be hunted and jailed big time ... they never come to watch the national team ... or football just show up once in a year to create trouble  >:(

As for TRINI you actually say your players didn't waste time ?  :rotfl: please ... they outdid the Bahraini players by a large margin
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 11:58:57 AM by Alsalman »

1]; } ?>