April 28, 2024, 05:55:14 PM

Author Topic: I predict we making de 2nd rong....  (Read 4994 times)

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I predict we making de 2nd rong....
« on: November 16, 2005, 10:50:40 PM »
Round of 16 Fellas, yuh heard it here fuss....

Congrats to de Warriors!

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
Re: I predict we making de 2nd rong....
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 10:59:59 PM »
STEEEUUUUUUUUUUUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ye of weak faith

TT will be grouped with
France
Australia
Germany

TT will beat Australia 2-1 and France 1-0
TT will draw with Germany and go thru as the 2nd place team

TT will then play USA ... blow out the MLShit

TT will then play England ... Rooney will get send off for trying to fight Dog - and he will get a God almighty stamp in he chest.

TT will go thru to the semis against Brasil .... Whitley and Edwards will show them why Trinidad Carnival is better than Rio's - and teach men how to bend they back to SOCA and not SAMBA.

TT will then face home favourites Germany in the Finals ... perfect final for Adidas ... and we will buss dem up like a paratha.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 11:01:59 PM »
I love that scenario.....cyah wait for this cup now

Offline canadiantrini

• togeter we aspire. together we achieve
  • Jr. Warrior
  • T+T=victory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 11:03:13 PM »
im liking the looks of dat prediction..lets hope it follows tru.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
How we measure up with the other qualifiers
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 08:37:14 AM »
Teams I think we would compete with and possible beat.
i.   Angola
ii.   Togo
iii.   Tunisia
iv.   Saudi Arabia
v.   Ecuador

Angola and Togo are fellow debutants, they will be hungry and enthusiastic but I think we’re on even footing with them. Tunisia, Saudi Arabia and Ecuador, though not lightweights I think we can better them on the pitch.

Teams I think we can compete but may fall short of beating them.
i.   Australia
ii.   Ivory Coast
iii.   Ghana
iv.   Japan
v.   Iran
vi.   Poland
vii.   Serbia & Montenegro
viii.   South Korea
ix.   Paraguay

Though none of these teams can be considered power houses, they all have players competing at the top level in Europe and may be a bit too much for us.

Teams that may beat us comfortably.
i.   Germany
ii.   Ukraine
iii.   Holland
iv.   England
v.   Italy
vi.   Switzerland
vii.   Portugal
viii.   France
ix.   Spain
x.   Sweden
xi.   Czech Republic
xii.   Croatia
xiii.   Brazil
xiv.   Argentina

These teams may beat us without much problem and in my opinion would progress to the 2nd round.

Having said that, the game is not played on paper and we have players that can take advantage of teams that may underestimate us. Senegal’s run last WC can give teams like us some inspiration.

What do you guys think.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 01:12:51 PM by Tallman »

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: My 2 cents on how we measure up with the other qualifiers
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 08:41:39 AM »
I know there is little chance of us meeting up with them but what do you think of our chances against
USA
Mexico
Costa Rica?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 08:49:29 AM »
Realistically I'm pretty sure all of the other 31 teams hoping they get us in their group. We will be underdogs bar a few teams, as Don Leo says if we go out and play our own game, we will come out with the results and respect.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 08:57:11 AM »
Realistically I'm pretty sure all of the other 31 teams hoping they get us in their group. We will be underdogs bar a few teams, as Don Leo says if we go out and play our own game, we will come out with the results and respect.

Remember Senegal....we already crowd favorites but we have to play we syle ah ball. Plenty of dem other sides have mad games on tape and players around d world so it easy to figure out their style of play. Ours compared to say....Brazil or Spain is relatively unknown....our players are known in Europe but not too much about our play as a team. Kinda like Bahrain....

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 10:12:01 AM »
i think dat anything can happen. T&T jus gotta play de way dey kno how to play an forget about who dem facing. i remember an old man tellin me,  he used to play football when he was young,  "yuh beat de defender wit yuh mind not yuh feet". T&T gotta play with a strong mentality an a strong heart an dey will never go wrong.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 11:05:39 AM »
 T&T will surprise people....Let other teams underestimate us...6 months of preparation under a Dutch Genius....T&T will surprise people...GO T&T

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 11:22:30 AM »
T&T will surprise people....Let other teams underestimate us...6 months of preparation under a Dutch Genius....T&T will surprise people...GO T&T

In reality, IF Beenie and crew come back, we will have 2 months at best of preparation time with EVERYBODY trainin together etc before the first game.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 11:28:07 AM »
I like we chances against ANYBODY in da second group. Allyuh doh remember Senegal in de last WC or Costa Rica back in de day.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 11:41:48 AM »
WE AT 100% COULD BEAT ANYBODY
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 11:42:55 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: ah like you optimism and patriotism
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 03:16:27 PM by Tallman »

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 11:43:29 AM »
I believe with the pressure off, we can play a better brand of football, to the likes we have never seen before. I strongly believe that we are going to show up at the cup and get good results and with some luck make it to the 2nd round

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 11:43:46 AM »
I would like to see TnT in a group where Spain is the seeded team (they are inconsistent), Ecuador (only play good at home) and one of the African teams such as Togo or Angola....Since that may be wishful team, u can replace the African team with Poland or Sweden and will spring a surprise on them.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2005, 12:37:32 PM »
me em fraid ah no asian team ah dont care what happen last world cup infact we played south korea after the world cup and held them 1-1  european and south american teams well dats a different story
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2005, 12:42:39 PM »
I like our chances in first and second rounds, we havethe talent to upstage some big guns or at least frustrate the hell out of them.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2005, 12:46:51 PM »
I think we can be competitive.  With two months of rigid preparation under Beenie, we'll definitely match up against the Asians--even Japan.  We'll have to play to perfect execution to get over the powers of the game, but we've seen the biggest upsets on the world stage before.  I don't need to enlighten anyone about those; we've been around long enough to have them in our mental annals. 

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2005, 12:47:01 PM »
I jus want we to pull off ah Senegal...lardhamercy!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Call up Soca Warriors now, not later
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2005, 01:13:46 PM »
Letter to the Trinidad Express

Now that the initial euphoria of getting to the soccer World Cup Finals in Germany 2006 has eased off a little, perhaps this is a good time to decide exactly where we want to go from here.

I would like to suggest that we should not be satisfied in just getting to Germany: we have to set our goals much higher than that. My recommendation is that an ambitious, but achievable target for a first-time World Cup contender would be to finish either first or second in the preliminary group, and qualify for the next round.

This will not be an easy task, given that on past form the T&T Soca Warriors are probably among the weakest teams in the competition, if not the actual weakest. Given this inescapable reality, how can we possibly raise our game to move into the second round draw?

I would like to suggest the following approach: In the past, our national team, like that of most small Third World nations, has been made up from a core of home-based players (those not good enough or lucky enough to land an overseas contract), and the overseas players. What we have always done before international matches is cobble together a team consisting of a mixture of foreign "stars" and the local squad, a few days before the fixture, given the constraints regarding the amount of time the foreign clubs are prepared to release their T&T players. The result has always been a team consisting of players of undoubted individual talent, but as a team playing well below their potential.

In the World Cup, we will be playing at a level far above anything we have done before, and if we are to give a good account of ourselves, it is essential that we change this approach. As drastic as it may seem, I strongly suggest that we need to select our World Cup squad right now: all 24 or 30 players-however many we need. All these players, whether currently local or foreign-based, must leave what they are doing and join the Soca Warriors full time, from now. The T&T team organisers must be prepared to buy out all existing contracts, compensate those players who will suffer any loss over the coming nine months, and set salaries and benefits for the entire squad at an appropriate level.

If this could possibly achieved, I guarantee that Mr. Beenhaaker and the rest of the coaching team could between now and the World Cup next year produce a super fit, highly drilled and ruthlessly efficient version of the Soca Warriors team, playing together with an understanding the likes of which we have never seen before.

We could shock the football world!

Gary N Voss
via email
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Call up Soca Warriors now, not later
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2005, 01:30:16 PM »
As drastic as it may seem, I strongly suggest that we need to select our World Cup squad right now: all 24 or 30 players-however many we need. All these players, whether currently local or foreign-based, must leave what they are doing and join the Soca Warriors full time, from now. The T&T team organisers must be prepared to buy out all existing contracts, compensate those players who will suffer any loss over the coming nine months, and set salaries and benefits for the entire squad at an appropriate level.

that sounding a lil more than drastic to me.  who would the team play against? how much would that cost?  how many of the players would go for something like that?

we need to leave men  to keep their match fitness, use whatever days allocated to playing friendlies wisely as well as the few weeks we will have before the cup and let Beenie and dem try to see if they could get the elite locally based players to the point where they could compete for spots with the foreign-based.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 01:36:55 PM by Tallman »

Offline canadiantrini

• togeter we aspire. together we achieve
  • Jr. Warrior
  • T+T=victory!
    • View Profile
Re: How we measure up with the other qualifiers
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2005, 01:32:20 PM »
we just need faith and hope, and to play with heart...i believe if we have that we can beat anybody.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Call up Soca Warriors now, not later
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2005, 01:46:23 PM »
Letter to the Trinidad Express
As drastic as it may seem, I strongly suggest that we need to select our World Cup squad right now: all 24 or 30 players-however many we need. All these players, whether currently local or foreign-based, must leave what they are doing and join the Soca Warriors full time, from now. The T&T team organisers must be prepared to buy out all existing contracts, compensate those players who will suffer any loss over the coming nine months, and set salaries and benefits for the entire squad at an appropriate level.
Gary N Voss
via email

you are right daryn, dat is more than drastic.  It is extremely ridiculous.  You have to remember that life goes on for these players after germany.  tell me which club is going to sign a player who walked out on their last club team during a "promotion drive" or "relagation battle".  Every team will have about a month to work together to gel before the world cup and we need to take advantage of that time then. 

In the mean time we should focus on unrooting more local talent and strengthening our local coaches.

We cannot spend all that money just so that we would stand a chance to make it to the second round and when u look at the country u still see our women's team begging for sponsorship.

We should used our new found popularity to put things in place for all our youth teams.  We need to develop our pool of young talent. 

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2005, 01:57:55 PM »
thats bout the 3rd letter i see from that Gary N Voss fella..can anyone say if he is a member here?..the name seems mighty familiar.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2005, 02:13:25 PM »
We have to improve by leaps and bounds to make it into the 2nd rounds. Too many mental lapses in defense and not quite enough speed in the team (especially the ball movement). Fix those and we will represent...easier said than done

I feel we could look real good at the WC...but it eh no slight improvement we go need, we need monumental improvement. We need some hard practice matches on neutral ground so boys understand what kinda fire dey dealing with....And we need the men with extra individual talent to bring their A game. Some out of this world individual performances behind a disciplined team structure and we will have de doubters apologizing....

De 0-2 loss we had to Mexico in the hex is the disciplined structure we need going into every game.  Now that Whitley and Carlos have realized they could take it to another level...we need them to keep building on that.....I could really see the potential and understand why folks optimistic. So I hoping but I also praying....

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2005, 02:58:42 PM »
thats bout the 3rd letter i see from that Gary N Voss fella..can anyone say if he is a member here?..the name seems mighty familiar.

It might come as no surprise to some men here but he's a saints man.

I was in class with him for a couple of years.

The spirit of his letter is good, after all the strike squad was developed in camp, but it just isn't practical.

Even if we could "buy out" contracts, which we can't, players training in camp will not be in better form than men playing champions league and serious competitive club ball.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2005, 03:15:57 PM »

I agree with you on this one morvantman at 100% is thunder,but remember we have to win each battle before we could win the war,I don't know why some of us believe that these teams are so much different to us,some men mention england, argentina,france,germany just to name a few,look if trini go into the world cup with the intent just to survive they will never have the mental fortitude to beat any team.It has been said by many greats that football is 60% mental with the 40% making up the physical side.People could disagree with me on this but I know that on any given day is eleven against eleven and the winner is usually who wants it the most.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 03:16:47 PM by Tallman »

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2005, 03:17:46 PM »
We could play any team in this World Cup and get respectable results. We have a tradition of stepping up when we face bigger opposition. To be honest with you I want to be a group with either Brazil, Holand or England in it.

Once we can run with or opponents I think our technical ability will help us greatly.Fitness and defense are perhaps the biggest challenges. Its the World Cup and we'll have to give all we have. 
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2005, 04:58:34 PM »

I agree with you on this one morvantman at 100% is thunder,but remember we have to win each battle before we could win the war,I don't know why some of us believe that these teams are so much different to us,some men mention england, argentina,france,germany just to name a few,look if trini go into the world cup with the intent just to survive they will never have the mental fortitude to beat any team.It has been said by many greats that football is 60% mental with the 40% making up the physical side.People could disagree with me on this but I know that on any given day is eleven against eleven and the winner is usually who wants it the most.

It ain't that simple. We are beneath many teams from a technical point of view. That is a fact. Even if we play at 100%...what do you really think will happen if we play against Brazil or Argentina playing also at 100%. At the end of the day it is 11 v 11 and anyone can win...football ain't played on paper.   Optimism is one thing, but realistically there are teams that TnT will struggle to keep up with, no matter how prepared we are. We will need great heart, discipline, tactical excellence, and a lot of luck. I prefer to let our results do the talking, so I will wait to see how we look during preparation for the WC. I am cautiously optimistic, but the idea that we are technically so strong that we can beat anyone is wishful thinking when you consider our results and level of play in Concacaf and against Bahrain.

1]; } ?>