March 28, 2024, 05:44:32 AM

Author Topic: Contract situation with Head coach Leo Beenhakker  (Read 12760 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Who will step up to keep Beenie?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2005, 04:42:53 PM »
jack is obviously a very smart man i think he will keep beenie. :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TV6 NEWS SAY GOVERNMENT WILL BE PAYING BEENHAKER FROM NOVEMBER
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2005, 06:36:50 PM »
 :beermug:

Afta d football highlights an interviews  dey had Jack warner on a Phone in   it was not live but recorded an he said Beenhaker is given a 1-month contract extension   and after that its up to the government

den d big voice anchor man cum back and said"Beenhaker and staff will be paid by the GOVERNMENT from november"

well dun PNM lol

:beermug: :beermug:                      PS. Jack pays d staff $800 000 a month    TnT owes him alot  Thank You Mr Warner :beermug: :beermug:

i forgot 2 add my thoughts   i doubt they will pay him if we fail    but D WARRIORS COMING D WARRIORS COMING

TIME FUH GERMANY

BAHRAIN YUH DEADDDDDDDDDDDDD :devil:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 04:15:56 PM by Tallman »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TV6 NEWS SAY GOVERNMENT WILL BE PAYING BEENHAKER FROM NOVEMBER
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2005, 06:39:43 PM »
Yuh had fun yesterday small man?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2005, 06:43:32 PM »
thank god ;D

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2005, 06:44:50 PM »
I so skeptical of this Government that I will believe it when I see it.

If it is true it is good to see that Manning recognize the power of the football. I hope he doh want no pound of flesh though because that would be real commess.

Is still Jack show to run.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2005, 06:47:41 PM »
Yuh had fun yesterday small man?

if i had fun lol    boy i cudnt breathe after dat game    dat was the most exciting thing i have ever scene   that was right up there with drama such as man utd vs bayern in 99(which i threw up after d game being so relieved lol)

but yes this game was a great game   the atmosphere was brilliant and those goals was great

« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 04:16:27 PM by Tallman »

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2005, 06:51:04 PM »
Ah remember yuh pops saying yuh wasnt around for the 1989 experience, trus me from what i see on tv last nite, yuh get it and more.
Last nite I feel was even better than the 88 min goal by Jamerson vs Guatemala in the penultimate game of the 89 campaign.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2005, 07:13:13 PM »
government put him on a month to month but if we aint make it pass november he gone

no plans for the future
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2005, 07:30:28 PM »
Why alyuh doe text GO TEAM to 4625 and contribute a dollar to the side.

its the least alyuh could do besides going to the game. Buying replicas, and cheering on the side when they walk out on the field.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2005, 07:34:11 PM »
could we donate from overseas

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2005, 07:41:25 PM »
Why alyuh doe text GO TEAM to 4625 and contribute a dollar to the side.

its the least alyuh could do besides going to the game. Buying replicas, and cheering on the side when they walk out on the field.

And spending money to travel to see the games, and paying Guaties 15 to get in a bar, and subscribing to homeview, and buying TiVO and cable to get games, and buying tickets from FIFA, and risking yuh job by posting on the site whole day.

How much more a man go do?

But yuh make sense every little bit helps.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2005, 07:48:19 PM »
posting on de job whole day. yuh aint lie dan :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2005, 06:16:43 AM »
Boynes to meet T&TFF

Leo gets month's extension

Ian Prescott

Friday, October 14th 2005

ROGER BOYNES, Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, has scheduled a meeting on Monday with officials of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) to discuss what can be done to assist the national team in their bid to reach the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

Boynes was responding to several media programmes yesterday in which T&TFF adviser Jack Austin Warner was critical of the input of Government in the bid to qualify for the World Cup.

A day after Trinidad and Tobago beat Mexico 2-1 and earned a chance to reach the World Cup via a home and away playoff with Bahrain, Warner, a FIFA vice-president, seemed to indicate that Government's input to the qualifying campaign was minimal and grossly inadequate.

Warner said while he had pumped $17 million of his own money into the campaign, Government had put up just $1.1 million.

"That is not true," Boynes insisted. "The Government has been supportive of football in many areas."

The Minister told the Express that, specifically, the "Warriors" had received a $2 million cheque from the Ministry of Sport and they had also been assisting whereever possible.

For instance, during the last away World Cup qualifier against Panama, Boynes disclosed that it was the Ministry which was responsible for footing the $141,000 bill to have the players return early on a BWIA charter to prepare for the Mexico game.

He said also during the entire campaign the Ministry had waived all fees which are normally required for the use of the stadiums where the national team train and play.

Boynes further said that Government was also funding an ongoing $18 million football development programme in conjunction with the T&TFF.

He said Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT), a Government company, had pledged to raise $9 million to finance the World Cup campaign and had already pumped $3 million into the fund.

Boynes also addressed Warner's continued gripe that he could no longer continue paying the salary of Trinidad and Tobago's Dutch head coach Leo Beenhakker. Yesterday, Warner was heard on radio stating that Beenhakker's contract has been extended a further month, which will see him through to the November World Cup playoff against Bahrain.

Sixty-two-year-old Beenhakker's contract ended on October 12, the day his team beat Mexico to earn a playoff with the fifth-placed Asian Zone team.

Warner was in a defiant mood, stating that whether Boynes helps or not, Trinidad and Tobago will get to the World Cup.

In response, Boynes seemed to indicate that the Ministry would be willing to pay Beenhakker and his coaching staff.

"My position is that Beenhakker has really and truly demonstrated that he has the capability to prepare our players for the international stage," the Minister said, adding that he would like to see the Dutchman remain in Trinidad to assist in the development of football at all levels.

Boynes said decisions can not yet be taken on such issues before his meeting with the Football Federation officials, but was confident all matters concerning the team will be ironed out and Trinidad and Tobago will be going to Germany next year to compete at the World Cup.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2005, 06:27:25 AM »
on TV6 d anchor man said that the government will pay leo from november   i guess they wil pay him if we beat bahrain 

:beermug:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2005, 07:49:50 AM »
After reading the piece Jumbie post, you see why it is important to have the books open and information flowing. Jack saying one thing and te Governament saying they have been contributing $$$$ all along. I mean waving the fees for Stadium alone is serious income to the TTFF. Some how the public need sto be more informed
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2005, 08:47:55 AM »
#1 Sad to see that Been's contract was till 10/12....that's pretty ridiculous...........should at least have been a budget till the end of 2006 with incentives ie incentive laden contract with a huge, I mean HUGE bonus (wine,women,song, money,franks, dutch currency, carnival pass through 2010,keys to this and that, etc) when we reach the world cup.

#2 Jack has begun to play his cards.... the government will be forced to spend like never before... spend amount is proportional to crime rate, kidnapping rates, loss rate from WI cricket and gas hikes. Worse people feel the more the govt. has to spend.

#3 This is just us but by the time this tusnami ends TNT will have a world focus if only for one minute.... every dog has its day.....

#4 TNT is the sole Caribbean representative in this now..... in the words of Captain Kirk ..........WE.....gasp.........MUST.........gasp.........................win.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2005, 04:05:25 PM »
Dey done leh another coach--Simones--go.  Ah think he was just getting in stride and was putting a structure in place.  He was real comfortable with the culture too.  This gov't.  Mr. Boynes is ah puppet.   He ain't have much clout at all, and he too reactive.  It does make him look like everything done is an afterthought.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Will T&T lapse or move quick to secure Beenie & staff contract?
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2005, 11:34:21 PM »
Beenie apparently told the team his contract was up as of yesterday.

If this is correct, will our government/corporate T&T/TTFF dilly dally in true T&T style and allow Beenie to be snatched up by another country or will they resolve this issue speedily and effectively?

Amid all the euphoria, I hope they don't wait until it's too late.  To be honest, they should have done so long time but Boynes and dem is jokers.  Dem go want to jump on de bandwagon now.  Now DAT IS WAGGONNIST!!!

SIGN BEENIE AND STAFF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 08:19:41 PM by Tallman »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Re: Will T&T lapse or move quick to secure Beenie & staff contract?
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2005, 11:37:03 PM »
I demand that they do it this very minute.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2005, 11:41:05 PM »
Oh Lawd....Beenie hadda stay or TnT go riot. Jack done say he done with local football so its up to Philips and government to make sure it happen.

Ah hope government doh close down Beenie chapter in football like Caroni. D man deserve a raise so if he want more money then give him. Throw in 2 or 3 gyal to wife up like Porters to warm him on them cold Trini nights and that man never leaving.  ;D

Offline Clarke

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2005, 11:51:26 PM »
They better doh play in they ass and let that man go. That man is a friggin genius. Thanx to him we finally have a team and not 11 players runnin like madman on the feel. Do the right thing nah ppl. Keep Leo nah he is THE ONE.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2005, 11:52:46 PM »
They better doh play in they ass and let that man go. That man is a friggin genius. Thanx to him we finally have a team and not 11 players runnin like madman on the feel. Do the right thing nah ppl. Keep Leo nah he is THE ONE.

LEO rhymes wit NEO....

And we all know NEO is THE ONE!!!!

SIGN BEENIE & STAFF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2005, 12:13:36 AM »
we waitin on these two men to call the shot

(pardon manning big glasses) :rotfl:
now these two men are rodeo champions dey know how to ride on ppl back so hopefully dey ride on d team back to try an get sum votes for d elections and inturn organise for beenieman to come back

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2005, 02:49:36 AM »
In my opinion, I hope dey pass dat phase of deciding whether to keep Beenie & staff. They should be at de point of working out de $$ fuh dem. We need them to continue shaping up dis team fuh de world cup and beyond 2006. Also it would be great, if they (Beenie & staff) could help de younger teams. However, I believe dat is another topic by itself.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 02:51:37 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2005, 03:43:08 AM »
I not worried for 2 reasons
1) Now that we qualify, all the waggonists will want to help, i.e. the government and corporate sponsors.
2) Jack Warner..u really think after all de work he did to get that half spot for de concacaf he will let Leo leave now that we qualify?

Offline greenbottlebaby_7

• New Warrior
  • Germany here we come!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2005, 06:58:31 AM »
if T&T know what good for them and the want to reach far in the world cup they better keep bennie and his staff cause is b/c of them we reach so far

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2005, 09:03:28 AM »
I understand that we are still in a celebratory mood but this should be the topic of the day, everyday until Beenie and crew are signed ..so please forum leh we keep this thread afloat..

We accomplished:
 job#1 - Reach the Cup
job#2 - Sign Beenie NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
job#3 - organise friendlies (against teams from every region)
job# 3.5 - Make sure we send the best team to Germany .. I for one expect there to be 3 ir 4 new faces in the squad..
job#4 - Win the World Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Positions that are a little shaky ... left back, left mid, up front .. we need depth in these (all) positions..

SIGN BEENIE AND CREW!  WE ARE NOW A WORLD CLASS TEAM ..MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO STEP UP AND ACT ACCORDINGLY!!!!!!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2005, 09:06:17 AM »
dont hesitate.JUST DO IT.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2005, 09:08:19 AM »
For real, I understand that we are in celebratory mode, but we should not stick on this.....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2005, 11:09:07 AM »
i cant believe dat beenie has to leave dis is sum high class trini shyt

bring beenie back please
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>