April 29, 2024, 03:57:29 AM

Author Topic: What was your favourite Soca Warriors Game or Games?  (Read 5531 times)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: What was your favourite Soca Warriors Game or Games?
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2005, 06:11:42 PM »
I know everyone putting up all the usuals, have a few different ones

the third is an actual loss to USA in the 1996 Gold cup, with a Brilliant Dwarika double and all round performance, think that was one of the few times if any exist that we led against US of recent...unfortunately thrice we couldn't stop the same corner set play... :-\

..the runner up is the 2002 1-0 win against Mexico, a brilliant example of how a forward should screen the ball and play it back to the midfielder for the shot...a Dwight-Latas combination for a beauty which saw us get past Mexico, which was rare back then. (not anymore though :rotfl:)

Number one for me has to be 1994 shell cup semi finals, when marvellous marvin faustin banged in a very last minute equalizer (in dem nice oval nets which used to be tight and let the ball bounce back out) and then we slotted in another last minute penalty!!! It was that much more significant because ALL THE WAGGONIST LEFT the oval to beat the traffic and crowd, cuz 'tnt goin and lose' .... the diehards on the other hand, myself included were staying until the final whistle and cheering the team...as d goal score......WAGGONISTS were running back into the oval to celebrate....yes they've been around since 94  >:(

Nice post FLi, ah was wondering if anyone was going to post a T&T loss. Dat '96 game was pretty good and Dwarika was impressive in da game.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2005, 06:40:23 PM »
When we beat mexico 1-0
T&T 1  MEX 0, when Latas poison dem wid ah bullet from on top de box. Ah like dat game cause Mex come thru wid ah big side...dey A team...not no mickey mouse side, and dey geh licks.
Soca Warriors 1 - Mexico 0 2002 World Cup Qualifying
..the runner up is the 2002 1-0 win against Mexico, a brilliant example of how a forward should screen the ball and play it back to the midfielder for the shot...a Dwight-Latas combination for a beauty which saw us get past Mexico, which was rare back then. (not anymore though :rotfl:)

Dat Mexico game doh rank high on meh list because although we win, we were dominated alot. In dat game, Luis Hernandez was Mexico's version of Stern John (from earlier in our 2006 campaign). He real throw away goal. It was great tuh win and it was ah great goal but I eh tink it was one of our better games.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2005, 06:44:50 PM »
yea well the thread asked for our favourite warriors games, not the best ones, so that's my fav  ;)
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2005, 06:49:31 PM »
I copying these games from Trini

TT vs Norway, 1996 I believe (coming from 2 goals down to win vs Norway who was then ranked number 5 in the world - Who could forget that Latas first goal).

TT vs Martinique - Shell Cup final 2004 (7-2 win)

TT vs Colombia - 1999. Stern John show, TT won 4-3

TT vs Mexico... Oct 16, 2005.

But the TT Mexico when we win 1-0 in 2000 was also something special.

Guatemala vs TT when we buss them 3-2 is a best game.

Also TT buss crystal Palace tail with Ian wright and John Salako in the stadium. That was a good game too.

Also when TT under 20 beat the Brazil under 20 was another great match.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2005, 06:54:54 PM »
When we beat mexico 1-0
T&T 1  MEX 0, when Latas poison dem wid ah bullet from on top de box. Ah like dat game cause Mex come thru wid ah big side...dey A team...not no mickey mouse side, and dey geh licks.
Soca Warriors 1 - Mexico 0 2002 World Cup Qualifying

Dat Mexico game doh rank high on meh list because although we win, we were dominated alot. In dat game, Luis Hernandez was Mexico's version of Stern John (from earlier in our 2006 campaign). He real throw away goal. It was great tuh win and it was ah great goal but I eh tink it was one of our better games.

Tru, dey did dominate us, but I like the fact that we won dat hurt dem even more. Is like when the US beat Brazil 1-0, Brazil totally dominated dem but KC Keller saved them...he was brilliant! I'm sure that's was probably the highlight of the US footballing history(prior to dat dey hadn't even scored a single goal against Brazil in 60 yrs), and especially since Brazil had just won the WC.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline dills

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2005, 07:17:02 PM »
T&T vs Mexico 2-1 ... superb match! (so superb that after this match, the ban waggonist chupidees decided to tek a ride  ::))

T&T vs Guatemala 3-2 ... The last two goals in the last 10 mins? :D That was like wow! (the stadium just               went into an uproar!)

And the best>>> T&T vs Bahrain 1-0.. we qualified alas~!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 07:34:41 PM by dills »

truetrini

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2005, 07:21:42 PM »
Back in de strinke squad days,, we match paraguay in Arima.  We shoulda beat dem but we draw sem twice.

i remember talking to dey coach and he tell me dat we team was very very impressive.  Good positive attacking football from against a south american team.

Dat was ah borse game

Other borse games had to be against Sweden and den September 3 1989 when we buss Guatemala arse in POS

but the creme de la creme for me has to be the Victory in Bahrain.

While not the best performace I ever saw in a T&T game by far...is the most memorable and will forever be MY favorite game.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2005, 02:31:37 PM »
My top 5 in order last to first.
Honduras Gold Cup: Birchall bullet was a beauty

Mexico 2-1: because everyone i sitting around including my uncles, cousins and father bawling for Stern to come off and i say leave de man on he go repay and bring it home. True to my prophecy he buss 2 including a bullet.

Bahrain 1-1: Down 1 and the stadium went silent then all of a sudden ball falls into the path of Birchy and he cracks a 30 yarder to send Everyone mad, by far on the of the best atmospheres after a goal that i have ever seen.

Guatemala 3-2: Same as above everyone calling for stern to come off and i once again i tell dem have faith he will prove his abilities and once again Stern has done it with 2 goals to put us back on the road to germany.

Bahrain 1-0: Dennis "Tallest" Lawrence goes down in history.After 16 years the demons have been destroyed. We going to germany and mass celebration has begun. The most amazing experience in the world, never before have i seen a country celebrate the way we did. Long may it continue.

shit doh stop coming out uh yuh mout awa... stewpssssss my asssss u knew what!? you was cussin stern so shut yuh duty mout cuz is when you leave it hope shit does run from yuh inside

stewpsssssssss matthew you are one self ritious faggit BIGGEST WAGGONIST EVER go on a next site wit yuh shit talk
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>