March 28, 2024, 05:13:25 PM

Author Topic: What was your favourite Soca Warriors Game or Games?  (Read 5430 times)

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What was your favourite Soca Warriors Game or Games?
« on: November 28, 2005, 10:21:06 AM »
What was your fav match or matches that you attended? Mine was the 6-0 demolishing of Panama in the first round of the 2002 World Cup Quals.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 10:40:34 AM by Tallman »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What was your favourite Soca Warriors Game or Games?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 10:29:32 AM »
for me it has to be the one against mexico (in the hasely) b/c i watched it in a mexican restaurant and i was givng picong to the waiters whole game. 

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 10:30:24 AM »
TT vs Norway, 1996 I believe (coming from 2 goals down to win vs Norway who was then ranked number 5 in the world - Who could forget that Latas first goal).

TT vs Mexico U-23 at the Oval - TT won 3-2 (who could forget that Latapy chip)

TT vs Martinique - Shell Cup final 2004 (7-2 win)

TT vs Colombia - 1999. Stern John show, TT won 4-3

TT vs Mexico... Oct 16, 2005.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 11:08:35 AM »
2000 gold cup where we beat Costa Rica in the 1/4 finals 2-1 ,when Mickey Trotman(RIP) scored the winner in extra time
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 11:20:52 AM »
When we beat canada 2-1 when Eve score dat bullet from outside dat string up Onstad. When we beat mexico 1-0.....when we eliminated Honduras 1-0 when Stern scored.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 11:31:18 AM »
When we beat canada 2-1 when Eve score dat bullet from outside dat string up Onstad.
De score was 2-0.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 11:36:17 AM »
D recent mexico game...i waz proud to see all d trinis come out.... Although D bahrain game had more trinis it waz frustratin because of d mad sale for tickets
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline Warrior Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 12:10:18 PM »
D mexico game cause man start to cuss an get on when stern john miss then they mash up  an also because it was a win or die moment an u could have hear everybody heart poundin  even though d bahrain game was d one that out us in d world cup d mexico game was good
T-&-T!  #1 one Team in The WORLDDDDDDD

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 12:28:28 PM »
T&T 1  MEX 0, when Latas poison dem wid ah bullet from on top de box. Ah like dat game cause Mex come thru wid ah big side...dey A team...not no mickey mouse side, and dey geh licks.

T&T 2  CAN 0, when Angus and Dwight make meh bawl like ah mad man. Canada dominated de game, but we still poison dem. Dwight looked like a man among boys in dat game!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 12:31:53 PM »
When we beat Guat 3-2 in de stadium in de hex..Jus cuz i was watching it in a bar with all of de guatemalan fans who swear they were assured of victory!
Back in Trini...

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2005, 12:37:28 PM »
for me it has to be the one against mexico (in the hasely) b/c i watched it in a mexican restaurant and i was givng picong to the waiters whole game. 
:rotfl: you real brave oui, ah hope dey ent spit in yuh drinks an dem.

Offline YuhDunKno919

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 12:41:02 PM »
FOR ME IT WAS WHEN WE BEAT BAHRAIN ON NOV. 16TH 2005 IN THEIR NATIONAL STADIUM TO STUN THEIR 30,000 PLUS FANS IN MANAMA AND QUALIFED FOR THE WORLD CUP IN GERMANY!!!!

ALLYA REMEMBER THAT???

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 01:22:37 PM »
Soca Warriors 1 - Mexico 0 2002 World Cup Qualifying
Latas bus the net

The next best was when we draw 1-1 in the oval with Mexico best 11 while playing most of the second 1/2 with 10 men
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 01:26:31 PM by Lightning »
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 01:41:43 PM »
THE FIRST GAME IN THE GROUP STAGE AT THE GERMANY WORLD CUP 06....THEN THE NEXT ONE....THEN THE NEXT ONE.....THEN THE NEXT ONE.....ALL THE FACKIN WAY....TNT TNT TNT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 01:58:15 PM »
4-3 against Columbia in 99
4-0 against Canada
3-2 against Guatemala
2-1 against Mexico

These games were quite simply World Class

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 02:03:53 PM »
de panama game when cox get tun-up on de line and de man buss de net :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i rell laugh at that one ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline canadiantrini

• togeter we aspire. together we achieve
  • Jr. Warrior
  • T+T=victory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 02:44:31 PM »
T&T vs. mexico :)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 05:04:34 PM »
I hear the 1-1 against South Korea was good. Scotland scored a scorcher and dis was against the South Korean 2002 WC team.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 05:13:57 PM »
I hear the 1-1 against South Korea was good. Scotland scored a scorcher and dis was against the South Korean 2002 WC team.

Hard to pick a favourite but I know that no BSC game will make my list, not even from the 2000 GC. The Korea game was nice because we come from behind and Korea real pepper we so it felt like we rob them, but we didn't play well.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 05:23:48 PM »

Hard to pick a favourite but I know that no BSC game will make my list, not even from the 2000 GC. The Korea game was nice because we come from behind and Korea real pepper we so it felt like we rob them, but we didn't play well.

Ah hear yuh. It hard for ANYBODY to big up ah BSC game anymore. I for one find that.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 05:28:48 PM »

Ah hear yuh. It hard for ANYBODY to big up ah BSC game anymore. I for one find that.

what about the BSC team dat beat Guatemala 4-2 in the Gold Cup back in 2000(I think)?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 05:34:19 PM »
1 - T&T vs Guatemala in POS Sep 3, 2005.  The catalyst that sparked the entire turnaround.  2-1 down with 10 minutes to go at home and come back to win 3-2.  Best thing...I saw the game LIVE in a bar with 2 other Trinis and 300 Guatemalans.  Dem boil dong like bargee when we score de 2nd goal.  Leff de bar cussin when we score #3.  Felt kinda sorry fuh dem afta.  den ah cuss mehself and relaize dem woulda have zero sympathy fuh we if show was on nex foot.

2 - T&T vs Mexico in POS Oct 12, 2005.  The best performance I have seen any T&T team give in  an important, crucial game.

3 - T&T vs Panama in POS June 4, 2005.  The 1st match of Beehakker's tenure and immediately one could see the difference in play in such a short space of time.

4 - T&T vs Canada in POS 2001.  Ran rings around a Canadian team who still felt they were superior to us.  Latapy stringing up Onstad was a serious highlight.  We literally toyed with Canada in that game.  Went a long way to ease that Gold Cup semi final loss to them...another game where where to say we dominated would be a gross understatement but that time came up with nothing.

The 1st 3 games on my list were all MUST WINS which gave them added impetus.  But nothing so far can top that Guatemala game in T&T for me.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 05:39:08 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 05:38:30 PM »
4-3 against Columbia in 99
4-0 against Canada
3-2 against Guatemala
2-1 against Mexico

These games were quite simply World Class

You does know ah football freak wen yuh see one eh  :rotfl: :rotfl:
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 05:43:27 PM »
de panama game when cox get tun-up on de line and de man buss de net :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i rell laugh at that one ;D

Morv dat was de Costa Rica game. For me de goal we geh wasn't funny, but de twis up Cox geh sure was  ;D
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 05:54:16 PM »
I know everyone putting up all the usuals, have a few different ones

the third is an actual loss to USA in the 1996 Gold cup, with a Brilliant Dwarika double and all round performance, think that was one of the few times if any exist that we led against US of recent...unfortunately thrice we couldn't stop the same corner set play... :-\

..the runner up is the 2002 1-0 win against Mexico, a brilliant example of how a forward should screen the ball and play it back to the midfielder for the shot...a Dwight-Latas combination for a beauty which saw us get past Mexico, which was rare back then. (not anymore though :rotfl:)

Number one for me has to be 1994 shell cup semi finals, when marvellous marvin faustin banged in a very last minute equalizer (in dem nice oval nets which used to be tight and let the ball bounce back out) and then we slotted in another last minute penalty!!! It was that much more significant because ALL THE WAGGONIST LEFT the oval to beat the traffic and crowd, cuz 'tnt goin and lose' .... the diehards on the other hand, myself included were staying until the final whistle and cheering the team...as d goal score......WAGGONISTS were running back into the oval to celebrate....yes they've been around since 94  >:(
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 06:03:42 PM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 05:57:44 PM »
My top 5 in order last to first.
Honduras Gold Cup: Birchall bullet was a beauty

Mexico 2-1: because everyone i sitting around including my uncles, cousins and father bawling for Stern to come off and i say leave de man on he go repay and bring it home. True to my prophecy he buss 2 including a bullet.

Bahrain 1-1: Down 1 and the stadium went silent then all of a sudden ball falls into the path of Birchy and he cracks a 30 yarder to send Everyone mad, by far on the of the best atmospheres after a goal that i have ever seen.

Guatemala 3-2: Same as above everyone calling for stern to come off and i once again i tell dem have faith he will prove his abilities and once again Stern has done it with 2 goals to put us back on the road to germany.

Bahrain 1-0: Dennis "Tallest" Lawrence goes down in history.After 16 years the demons have been destroyed. We going to germany and mass celebration has begun. The most amazing experience in the world, never before have i seen a country celebrate the way we did. Long may it continue.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 05:57:54 PM »
Number one for me has to be 1994 gold cup semi finals, when marvellous marvin faustin banged in a very last minute equalizer (in dem nice oval nets which used to be tight and let the ball bounce back out) and then we slotted in another last minute penalty!!! It was that much more significant because ALL THE WAGGONIST LEFT the oval to beat the traffic and crowd, cuz 'tnt goin and lose' .... the diehards on the other hand, myself included were staying until the final whistle and cheering the team...as d goal score......WAGGONISTS were running back into the oval to celebrate....yes they've been around since 94  >:(

Gold Cup?  In de Oval?  U sure?  To de best of my knowledge, Gold Cup never play outside of USA or Mexico.

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 06:04:29 PM »
typo palos, I meant shell cup

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 06:07:38 PM »
typo palos, I meant shell cup

No scene.  Was jes confuse.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 06:11:32 PM by palos »

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 06:11:20 PM »
The next best was when we draw 1-1 in the oval with Mexico best 11 while playing most of the second 1/2 with 10 men

yea, that was thanx to angus eve who play into the Mexican hands by cuffin d man down when he spit on him...steups..daz when u lack vision of d bigger picture yes...daz why i had rate dwight for not retaliating when the bahraiinis were provoking him when he was on a yellow in Bahrain. He was seeing germany in his mind... :devil:

1]; } ?>