April 24, 2024, 06:09:49 PM

Author Topic: "SOS" Rougier & Evans Wise  (Read 20343 times)

Offline rickrude

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
"SOS" Rougier & Evans Wise
« on: March 13, 2005, 09:53:39 PM »
Can Evans Wise help this Team?  What are your thoughts?  Should he be called back?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Evans Wise
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 04:55:57 AM »
Is Evans Wise even playing football at the moment...???

I mean no player should be ignored. But it would be easier if Wise was match fit and playing active football presently. He should return to MLS proving they want him...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 08:27:49 AM »
Can Evans Wise help this Team?  What are your thoughts?  Should he be called back?

No, I doh tink he could bring anyting new tuh de table at dis time. Ah find he does over dribble too much.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline rickrude

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 04:57:29 PM »
We don't have anyone who can run at Defenders, I believed that’s where Wise can make a difference.  The only person we have right now on the team who is not afraid to take the ball at defenders is Glen.   

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 05:01:41 PM »
where is he playing football these days?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 05:18:21 PM »
Article from the past...can we learn anything?  By the way, we went on to lose to Costa Rica 3-0.

Unimpressive T&T secure 3-1 win
By MARK POUCHET

DENNIS LAWRENCE was not included in the line-up nor was Anthony Rougier, who was scheduled to arrive on the night of the match. And Shaka Hislop took in the action from the bench.
The scene was the newly-refurbished Hasely Crawford Stadium on Saturday night. And the occasion was the Trinidad and Tobago senior national football team’s final preparation game before their second-round Football Confederation World Cup final round qualifying match against Costa Rica Wednesday.  And playing an unfamiliar outfit and system, coach Ian Porterfield’s team outscored Guatemala 3-1.

The result was, T&T supporters will be hoping, the “confidence booster” for which coach Porterfield sought, after T&T’s 1-0 loss to Jamaica in their opening final World Cup qualifying game last month in Kingston. But if the purpose of Saturday night’s encounter was to settle the T&T starting side ahead of the Costa Rica clash, then things are still too unsettled.  Surprisingly, Joe Public defender Cyd Gray made his international debut for T&T in the right back position while his clubmate Stokely Mason was pushed into the left back position to make way for SV 07 Eversberg’s Evans Wise in left midfield.
Wise was part of a five-man midfield that included W Connection’s Reynold Carrington, Bristol Rover’s Ronnie Maugé, Joe Public’s Angus Eve and Hibernian’s Russell Latapy. And Manchester United star striker Dwight played solo up front.

But the local players had not been allowed time to get accustomed to their new structure when the Guatemalans stunned them.  Only four minutes had elapsed since the initial blast of Richard Piper’s whistle when a build-up down the left flank saw the tiny Freddy García squeeze the ball through three T&T defenders to find Uwaldo Perez unmarked at the top of the box. His one-time left-footed shot went screaming past Clayton Ince between the uprights for T&T and came to rest in the top right-hand “vee”.

Silenced by the Perez coup, the 10,000 strong crowd watched as the “Soca Warriors” struggled to come to terms with their new system.  Yorke, accustomed to the constant and accurate service of David Beckham and company at Old Trafford, was certainly lacking in quality crosses from Eve and Wise on either side of the pitch.  Most of Wise’s dribbling forays managed only to concede possession to the Guatemalan opponents. But luckily, T&T did not have to depend solely on the Germany-based player for distribution.

Forced to bring the ball out of the defence for most of the first period, the creative Latapy fashioned a cross from the right Marvin Andrews headed against Josue Ortiz’s far post three minutes from the interval.  In an interview following the game, Yorke said “harsh words” were exchanged in the dressing room at the break.  Whatever happened at that juncture, T&T came out to net three times in the final half.  Maugé was set up by an Eve right-sided ball that the Guatemalans failed to clear three minutes after the resumption.  And Nigel Pierre, the in-form attacker in the T&T’s tours to Brazil and England, got a double.

But although five changes saw a not-too-pleased Latapy leave the field and afforded the spectators the opportunity to catch a glimpse of the hard-tackling and hard-working Brent Rahim in the middle, most of the fans were left unconvinced by their team’s effort.  Even Yorke commented that he was not “pleased” with the team’s general performance and that there was still a lot to be “worked on” before their next game against Costa Rica on Wednesday.  Unfortunately for Yorke and his team, there is little time to smooth out the rough edges. Perhaps too little, seemed to think the fans streaming out of the Stadium on Saturday night.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 05:28:10 PM »
I heard that Wise left the German and was taking care of personal business in the states. By-the-way there another left footer we can use his name is Anton Joseph even Wise have been keeping tabs on him a real good talent
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 05:42:21 PM »
We don't have anyone who can run at Defenders, I believed that’s where Wise can make a difference.  The only person we have right now on the team who is not afraid to take the ball at defenders is Glen.   

De difference is dat Glen does score. Wise has never been able tuh hold down ah regular place in de squad and if I'm not mistaken he only ever score one goal fuh de senior team. If yuh going tuh run at defenders den yuh should have ah purpose (creating space, scoring, setting up man etc.). Ah doh see Wise doing dem tings, unless he change. De last time he play fuh we was against Morocco in Sept. 2003

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 05:54:11 PM »

He set up two goals from his dribbling against the US in the Gold Cup.

One for Dwarika and the next for Latas I think.

That was a while ago and even though it never late to bring men in the squad we cah be the ones responsible for getting them match fit or back in  at this late stage....it didn't work with Rahim.

He was promising when he played with the Olympic team with Dwarika but he was always under the radar for some reason.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 06:01:24 PM »

He set up two goals from his dribbling against the US in the Gold Cup.

One for Dwarika and the next for Latas I think.

He set up Dwarika after he leave out Lalas and Balboa. De first goal dat Dwarika score was set up by Latas.

Wise definitely had plenty potential.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 03:25:40 AM »
Wise need some milk....

Anton Joseph is ah man does kick real hard boy....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 08:01:42 PM »
i thought somebody in the old room say Wise was St.Clair secret weapon. I coulda swear i read them say St.Clair have Wise crossing ball like he mad in Miami and he looking good.

Well we never know....... it still have time for BSC to unleash that secret weapon.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline babbaboy

• New Warrior
  • de babba rule things !!!!
    • View Profile
"SOS" Rougier & Evans Wise
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 08:04:06 AM »
  "Tony Rougier" what happened to him did he retire, is he injured ..he played one game and wasnt called back. This is a guy who plays with heart and skill and has played well in almost every position they put him in over the years. He would definately sure up our right wing back problems or our defensive midfield while at the same time providing leadership.I think he's about 32yrs so stop comparing him in age to "nakid"   Also i thaught of "Evens Wise" for our left midfield attacking problems ...if he is also playing competitively, he was probably the best left winger ive seen in trini for a long time ..his ability to take on opponents and more importantly keep position i never thaught id see the day when TnT players afraid to dribble but thats  what we need at this moment more daring in our game. Those are my two inclusions..What allyo think ..!!! Additionally i think we should pick men instead of boyz ..them fellas looking weak out there time to man-up!!!     
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 05:43:00 PM by Tallman »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "SOS" Rougier & Evens Wise
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 08:20:45 AM »
Evans Wise normally picks up the ball half way into the opposition half, dribbles 3 or 4 men and promptly loses the ball on the halfline.

Rougier had a horrible game (might be going downhill now) against US and is not playing football right now.  His experience and leadership are definitely great advantages but we must ask if the pros excede the cons. 

But u never know..Rougeir may surprise us and make a big difference so I don't see anything wrong with asking him to join the training squad.  As for Evans Wise..he is strictly an Intercol player.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 08:28:32 AM »
.that is a unwise move.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 08:32:27 AM »
Bro, EVANS WISE!!!!! being a dribbler and being creative are two different things. When you dribble and it adss no value to the situation then you're not effective, Evans Wise can dribble, that's all he can do and will add no value to this team. Tony has been a good servant and I've admired his play for us but I do think he's a bit past it now, if we can get back the old Tony Rougier that would be good but after his last few games for us, particularly aginst the U.S. ash wednesday, I don't think so.

Offline babbaboy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 08:40:03 AM »
ah think allyo going with the evens wise from long ago ....i agree that was the man M.O long time but i feel that is something we need in our game now ..someone to take the team on their shoulders and be the man...as for rougier ..a player whos game is about hussle whould always have something to add to a team not everday your touches would be on but everyday you could hussle and tackle and put yourself about thats why defensive players have a longer shelf life ...anyway fellas we running out of options and at this point we should give everyman their fair shake ..laters..   

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 08:45:16 AM »
As far as i know with rougier he had a fitness problem but i cant believe people killing him over one game so jeeeeez nobody cant tell me he wasnt one of our better players in the qualifying rounds and i know he cant be worse than these men now.....allyuh fellas missing the key to this team its not all about ability its about its mental capacity to play in big games , under pressure....ive seen a few players who can, andrews , yorke , carlos , eve , nixon and dwarika to lesser extents. The truth be told we just have to keep trying players till we find the best fit  recycle or new players its a winning mentality we looking for .....not a practise champ a big game player a man who wants it when we're in the fire. we need to be able to adapt our game when under pressure tackle travck and then play when we gain possession we need to concentrate.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 08:52:03 AM »
babba!....is Wise yuh saying, as in Evans Wise?  :'(  oui!

Offline babbaboy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 01:00:37 PM »
yeah tongue!!! i know what ah saying ..ah go take some heat ..but if we trying out best we try him too ..ah hoping he mature a little but how we go really know ...as far as i see it he cyar be any worse than theobald , rahim, or gray ...so what you think.....the positive with him is that you know he going to take on the opposition and provide a different attacking options, he not afraid to play ...unlike these other men.......remember people we 'not that good" and we cant continue to discard players the way we do that why we still dipping back into the 89 gene pool for players...ie yorke, latapy, nakid..if you check it ..where are the outstanding players since then..i count to dog and stern and too a lesser extent nixon and dwarika...so i think we should revise our way of dealing with our own talent and bring back "Evens Wise" if he's still playing competitively because lets face it our league isnt that good or else our talent would be better ...     

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2005, 01:10:41 PM »
Wise was never good and he probably worse.  Other than dribble what could he do.  He cyar pass, he cyar cross, he cyar head, he is a defensive liability. 

What was he good at again?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2005, 01:11:50 PM »
Is Evans Wise still playing football? 

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2005, 01:13:33 PM »
Wise was never good and he probably worse.  Other than dribble what could he do.  He cyar pass, he cyar cross, he cyar head, he is a defensive liability. 

What was he good at again?

Very true....he is the poor man version of Denilson..the very poor man version.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2005, 01:16:09 PM »
WISE THIS is real madness-well actually it have somebody else who name real madness

bring wise to do what dribble and lose possesion-head down all the time this ain't intercol boss.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2005, 01:19:20 PM »
I tried to bring up the topic of Wise and man act let he was the worst wing to ever represent T&T but in fact the last game he played for us he scored but got injured the just start to kick him down because they couldn’t touch it but man on here have there favorite players and would not accept that he was the best left winger we have if not name a present player that can take the spot. By the way my boy Anton Joseph from Defense Force scores a nice goal last week he is the Trinidadian Roberto Carlos but lack international exposure.  It can’t heart to develop new talent.     

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2005, 01:23:22 PM »
Wise..the best left winger we have?....if that is the case then things real bad.  I prefer to see old man Nixon out there. 

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2005, 01:25:07 PM »
forget germany if we have to throw wise outside on tha left forget 2004 2010

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2005, 01:31:06 PM »
I notice you cant’ name a better player to replace him as a left winger another thing did you see him against Jamaica when he take on three men and score or the last game he played for ripping up the right and making good crosses yes he tend to over dribble but I believe he can do much better than what we have know

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2005, 01:37:26 PM »
Bally...Call back Nixon then...He better than Wise.... :) :) :)

Just joking fellas :) :)
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2005, 01:47:30 PM »
Wise in even playin raisin now.

1]; } ?>